Dr. Reality Steve

“Reader Emails,” “Dr. Reality Steve,” & More of Jade in Her Birthday Suit

Back with your first “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve” of 2015. Starting next week, “Reader Emails” moves to Wednesdays and “Dr. Reality Steve” to Thursdays, so get your questions in before those days. Yes, I know it’s hard to believe, but that means THREE columns a week for the next two months. Oh, the things I do for my readers. On a serious note though, if you missed my tweet and Instagram yesterday, I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who continues to visit and support this site. A huge pet peeve of mine is people who retweet compliments they get. I feel it’s incredibly tacky. All you’re doing is saying “Look! People like me!” I don’t feel the need to do that and never have. But Tuesday I achieved a milestone on this site I’ve never had happen before. I got over 1 million page views in a single day. I’ve come close before, but never had hit that mark in a single day until this past Tuesday, and it’s all thanks to you. I’m glad this site is your choice of all your “Bachelor” news, notes, and spoilers. It is much appreciated.

We know this show is the king of hyperbole. Everything this the most dramatic thing ever, every season is the craziest season ever, blah blah blah. And we know once promos start airing, the way they edit and splice things together to get people talking fools people every season. This season is no different. You know how many times I’ve been asked about this promo so far?

Look, I don’t know what it’s all about, but I can pretty much guarantee you two things:

1) No one this season is pregnant
2) The clip of that EPT will never be shown during the season

You know, kinda like how the BIP trailer for the season showed someone being handcuffed, yet we never saw it during the season. That’s because it was a stupid, irrelevant game the guys played at night where they just tried to break free from handcuffs they put on each other. But a quick clip in a promo of a guy with handcuffs on behind his back spawns, “OMG!!!! Who gets arrested this season???!!!!” See what I mean? It’s the same thing with the pregnancy stick. And all the voice over says was this season is “pregnant with possibilities.” It’s almost like they’re begging you to believe their BS because they basically made a joke of it. Trust me, no one’s pregnant. That makes zero sense.

Man, either I got lazy, or just didn’t look hard enough. After I posted the links to Jade’s fully nude Playboy shoot back in November, I figured that was the only one. Ummm, nope. I remember seeing pictures from this shoot done on and in a vintage car, but I didn’t realize it was loaded with more fully nude pictures. Anyway, this is NSFW for those wondering, so you’ve been warned. If you want to see more fully nude pics of Jade from a different Playboy shoot, click here.

So what I do this upcoming Monday night. Obviously I have to watch, live tweet and recap the “Bachelor,” but the national championship game is on. Being a huge college football fan, this presents a dilemma. However, I think the last 4 or 5 years, the national championship has gone up against an episode of the “Bachelor” so this is really nothing new. Bottom line is work comes first. The “Bachelor” airs 7-9pm CST. Kickoff won’t be til 7:45 I’m guessing. So really, I’m only missing the first quarter and a half of the game. I can handle that. I’ll switch over during commercial breaks just to get a feel for the first quarter, but unfortunately the “Bachelor” is my job. Priorities people. Some might say, “Why not watch the game and just watch the Bachelor afterwards?” Answer: Because I cherish sleep. That means I wouldn’t be starting the show til probably 10:30 at night. I barely sleep as it is on Monday nights because I’m up writing so long. So I’ll watch the show til 9, then finish watching the game and start writing after that. It’s one Monday a year where this comes into play. I can deal with it.

I appeared in studio with the “Kidd Kraddick in the Morning” radio show for my annual “Bachelor” appearance this past Tuesday morning. And of course, I had to rep my Shaun T sweat jacket in honor of beginning “InsanityMax30” this week. It’s an ass kicker I tell ya’.

Chris Harrison no longer writes his Tuesday morning recaps for EW.com. He’s moved over to Yahoo. Here was Tuesday’s column in case you missed it.

Don’t forget, the return of the live video chat tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST taking all your questions and comments regarding the “Bachelor” or whatever the hell you want to talk about. Been about 4 months since we’ve done this. Looking forward to it.

1. angelfish

January 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Whitney’s tweet is cute. Proves she either has a decent sense of humor, or a little snark in her soul. Good for her either way.

I’m a little confused on how Chris’ sisters would have gotten the “Jade is a Playboy-posing skank” info to him, unless they learned it from her during the makeover. Or did they just not like her & tell him to ditch her?

Too cold here in Florida to make sense of it, my brain is freezing…*LOL*

2. lcs85

January 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Just went and looked at episode one exit interviews from seasons 14-Current. Season 14 was the only other season where it was light outside during the exit interviews. Season 15 looked like the sun was just about to come out and 16-18 it was still dark out.

So no Steve, your readers don’t have short term memories. It is not like that every season.

January 8, 2015 at 1:38 PM

angelfish: yeah, I’m not sure either. The F4 Rose Ceremony is right after home towns. So, Chris would have been in THEIR home towns and wouldn’t have seen his family, right? I’m a little unclear whether The Bachelor is kept in total radio silence during the process (no cell phones, or at least monitored conversations), or whether (if there is radio silence) that eases for the F4/F3 as everyone is back state side. So, I gather what RS is saying is that a family member/friend could have called Chris after RS published the Jade pics/vids and told him that Jade is twirling her landing strip on camera…. and presumably that convo caused Chris to dump her.

4. kokopuff2144

January 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Oh Steve, either you knew this was coming or you called it exactly right: Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray have split. Saw it coming, especially Monday night when she was groping all over him and his body language wanted out of there ASAP. Good call!

5. angelfish

January 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM

And all the Nick Viall fans are dancing in the streets!

6. bazooka

January 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM

7. juicylipz29

January 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I knew they were not gonna last …and that interview they did on the red carpet had so many red flags. Next please

8. missannmcd

January 8, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I had a look at some of Jade’s photos and is it me or does anyone else think her vajay jay looks well used and even saggy? lol I’m over 50 and mine looks a lot prettier than that! rofl!

9. lcs85

January 8, 2015 at 7:25 PM

@Missannmcd Not all vulvas look alike. Some labia minoras are longer then the labia majoria. It has nothing to do with the amount of sex you’ve had. If that was the case I would think most 50 year olds would Be saggy.

Although I would think most 50 year olds are mature enough to use correct terminology for their body parts

10. Dianne

January 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Annnnnd..it’s official. Andi and Josh are done, done and done. Amazing how they kept it looking all hunky-dory on Monday, then 3 days later..boom!

11. keddo

January 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Last (3rd) Dr. Reality Steve letter writer:

Your request for complete honesty at all costs, including his thoughts about his romantic interest in other women was a completely bad idea. A much better request to make is that he never lie to you and that he never intentionally misleads you. If the two of you attend a Bible-preaching church, you know that all of us are by nature sinners and the only way for an otherwise mentally healthy Christian to make significant progress in fighting that is to regularly be in His Word and in prayer. THAT is the place for us to confess our temptations, especially if they don’t lead to an outward expression. It may also help for us to talk to a mature fellow Christian (of a gender that we are not romantically/sexually attracted to) to help us deal with this.

People who have been happily married for years or even decades still find themselves attracted to people other than their spouses. This is completely natural and is not in and of itself sinful. Sometimes this is fleeting, and sometimes it can be an attraction to a particular person that lasts for years. The key to dealing with this while remaining faithful is to NOT dwell on these thoughts when they happen, and to NEVER let these thoughts lead to an external expression that either the spouse or the object of attraction are aware of. To do otherwise at best leads to the kind of angst that you are experiencing, and at worst leads to infidelity and everything that flows out of that. By asking him about his attractions, you are forcing him to remember those feelings and to dwell on them, and are placing a stumbling block in front of his feet.

January 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Agree with all on Andi and Josh. Josh is not a very good actor. He was clearly uncomfortable and wanted to be somewhere else. While Andi, who also knew they were already done, was able to fake it up big, just like she did in her season. Boy, she really turned out to be a manipulative phony. It made for good TV during her season, but I’ll bet Josh had more than enough of it. Off camera I imagine she’d be intolerable. A phony, lawyer, wanna be celeb. If that not the holy trinity of awfulness, I don’t know what is.

January 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM

As for Chris, I think he’s a decent guy, but just because he Has money, that doesn’t mean he’s super sharp. He looked completely befuddled repeatedly on night one. I suspect this will be a theme throughout the show. He’s in way over his head. I don’t really mean this in a bad way. To really own the moment you have to be a straight up phony like Andi. He’s not that. I think he really believes he’ll find a wife and I hope he and Whitney will be very happy together.

14. missannmcd

January 9, 2015 at 7:32 PM

cs85 All I can say is ROFL! Yeah, like I’m gonna go around saying “labia minora” and “labia majoria”! Bwahahaha! Well, the proper naming for

15. lcs85

January 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM

@Missannmcd I was commenting on the fact that you needed to call it a “Vajay jay”. Seems like something a teenager who can’t say the proper name without giggling would say.

But then I also wouldn’t think a 50 year old would be slut shaming someone over something they can’t control. By 50 you probably have had enough sex to realize that your “vajay jay” doesn’t get saggy and stretched out from.

16. cjscjs711

January 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Looking at those pictures of Jade makes me feel sad for her that she did this. I think it’s going to close more doors for her than it will open because I don’t think she’s very good at this. Granted, the photographer may not be the best, not very good, but she herself is not sexy at all in most of them. Looks very posed, forced, and canned.

17. Sunnyside422

January 11, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Bet despite his adoration of Andi, bet Josh and and his family just could not get passed her “test driving” Nick as well as Josh. Not a supporter of all three of them, so not surprised they failed…and even sooner than those media hounds Juanny and his now former big boobed idiot girlfriend!

Agree that even though Chris may be wealthy, his family has the money also so he may not be the sharpest knife in the box. Definitely picked the most unattractive girl out of all he had to choose from.