The Bachelor 19 - Chris

What Happens Tonight & Why Was Andi in LA Last Week?

In your episode-by-episode spoilers, you know Becca gets her first 1-on-1 of the season as they go horseback riding at the Black Hills National Forest then have a campfire dinner. The group date consists of Carly, Whitney, Jade, Britt, Megan, and Kaitlyn meeting Big & Rich and having to write and perform a love song in front of an audience. Chris then takes Britt away from the other 5 as they get to attend the Big & Rich show where they do a lot of awkward dancing and making out. This was all posted in my column back on Oct. 22nd. Here were pictures of the girls on the group date along with Britt and Chris up on stage:

SDGroupDate1SDGroupDate2SDGroupDate3SDGroupDate4

ChrisKiss1ChrisKiss2ChrisKiss3ChrisBig&Rich1ChrisBig&Rich2

The awkward dancing happened during the “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” song. And yes, it was awkward. Chris is a farmer, not a cowboy. Whatever.

Here was video of Chris giving Britt the rose:

They have been non-stop promoting this 2-on-1 date between Ashley & Kelsey as like the greatest 2-on-1 date ever in the history of ever. So naturally, I’m sure it’ll underperform. It’s not like we haven’t seen both people get sent home on a 2-on-1 before. I know in Ashley’s season, she sent Ben & William home on their 2-on-1. I’m sure it won’t be nearly as catty as what we’ll see tonight, but the way they’re promoting this thing, it’s making it seem like it’s the greatest even in television history outside of the moon landing. So yeah, just like we saw a pregnancy test in the season opening teaser which I told you was nothing and it’d never be shown, I’m pretty sure the hype surrounding this 2-on-1 is what it is – hype. We know Ashley is bizarro and after last week, Kelsey’s crazy is starting to come out. So it’s really no surprise they both go home. I’ve just never seen them hype a 2-on-1 date like this before, so they’re really outdoing themselves this time.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. hopeless61romantic

February 9, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Have you heard any rumors if Nikki Ferrell is being considered for The Bachelorette?

2. hattiebloom

February 9, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Do you mean to tell me that Andi is under some kind of contractual obligation with ABC to give interviews regarding the status of her relationship with Josh The Athlete?

I don’t care about Andi. I don’t care about Josh and Andi and why they broke up. I don’t want to hear her speak. She is irritating. She should go away and put that expensive education to better use.

February 9, 2015 at 2:40 PM

I’m sure Andi gets paid for her interviews, and it keeps her (barely) in the public eye. That’s what she wants since she’s dumped her prosecutor job to chase fame.

I think RS has made it very clear that Nikki would never be chosen for The Bachelorette. She’s unpopular with fans and with the show. I don’t think her bitchy resting face would hold up well for an entire show.

4. anitaf76

February 9, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I would never watch Nikki as the bachelorette.. Hoping it’s Britt

5. atleast4characters

February 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM

It looks more like Megan gets eliminated at rose ceremony rather than going home on her own, but we have to wait for next episode.

6. toaster

February 10, 2015 at 3:16 AM

I wasn’t sad to see Ashley and Kelsey go tonight. But for a man who says he doesn’t want drama, what was Chris thinking when he outed Ashley to Kelsey?? And then trying to justify it by saying he was being honest. What a thoughtless and unnecessary thing for him to do, to mention Ashley’s name. There were many other ways he could have approached Kelsey.

On another note I’m looking forward to seeing the women’s honest reactions to Chris’ hometown next week, judging by the preview. And Andi’s 15 minutes of fame should be over by now. Whatever she does or doesn’t do, who cares.

7. sunday

February 10, 2015 at 4:08 AM

@ toaster ~ In reference to your comment “What was Chris thinking when he outed Ashley to Kelsey?” My thoughts exactly! I agree. Here’s a guy who states he doesn’t want drama (as you stated) yet, all he caused was a whole lotta’ drama! All I can say is that I’m sure the producers had something to do with encouraging him to spill the beans. Besides, he surely already knew he wasn’t in to either one of them and wanted them gone, so maybe he figured he really had nothing to lose and yeah, it would be good for the ratings. I rarely comment, but after watching last night’s episode, I just wanted to say that Kelsey gets on every last nerve of mine. Whoever it was that called her the black widow last night was spot-on! I, too, like Britt and think she’s a good actress (why else would she be living in Hollywood and waiting tables?) I would love to see her as the next Bachelorette purely for entertainment value.

8. smithduke

February 10, 2015 at 4:19 AM

I’m getting confused. Steve, are you saying you don’t know who Chris picks? It’s difficult to navigate through the spoilers because of the changes. am I just not getting it?

9. Sunnyside422

February 10, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Listening to Chris stumbling and bumbling his way through an episode is beyond painful! It has become obvious he is definitely not the brains behind the family business! He has zero personality, no charm, no looks, a total blah and it has become more and more evident with every passing episode. Total dud.

I think he and Minnie Mouse make a good pair. His girly giggles would drive me up a wall and her voice the same, so they probably offset each other.

As for Andi…Eric Hill had her pegged after a few encounters. She is beyond fake and phoney. Please go away…forever! Bet Josh’s family is relieved to have her gone.

February 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM

There is no doubt that Josh dodged a bullet with Andi & I’m sure his family is very relieved. Although with his non-career (financial rep for a 3rd string, soon to be unemployed NFL QB), he may need someone to wear the pants & put food on the table. Josh will soon be uttering a new line for the public. “Do you want fries with that?”