Reader Emails

“Reader Emails” and Kelsey Moving to Paris

Well that didn’t take long. Not one day removed from Kelsey’s glamorous exit from the show and she’s already getting out there front and center to talk to anyone who’ll listen. A reporter was at her viewing party Monday night and has informed us that she is taking a writing job in Paris and left yesterday for two weeks. She’ll come back for the birth of her nephew then head back out there in the summer and stay “as long as Paris will have me.” Good riddance. Hope it’s forever. This chick is all about self promotion and she’s obsessed with what people think of her. Her father even took to the comment section of that article to defend his daughter, making this whole thing even more bizarre. Lets just all be happy Kelsey is out of the country as we speak, is no longer a guidance counselor because she “quit” (wink, wink), and will be spreading her word all over Paris for hopefully years to come. Couldn’t have happened to a more sane, down-to-earth, humble woman. Good luck in all your adventures. You will not be missed.

Obviously until the announcement is official, the speculation on who will be the next “Bachelorette” is something that I hear about every day. You know where I stand in I still think they’ll choose Britt. However, many of you who have an argument against her say, “They’d never choose Britt because she’s a waitress in Hollywood.” What does her job have to do with it? Carly is a cruise ship singer. Is that some profession that men are dying to marry into? Becca is a chiropractor’s assistant. Is that something lavish that just screams “next Bachelorette?” Hell, I don’t even know what Kaitlyn does but I certainly don’t think it’s anything jaw dropping. Look, there’s a chance Britt may not be the “Bachelorette.” I’m just saying if she isn’t, it’s certainly not gonna be because of her job. Ali didn’t even have a job when she got the gig. Neither did Emily. So lets not pretend their profession is some major overriding factor on who gets chosen, because if that’s the case, then none of Chris’ girls are getting it.

I know I’m a little late on this but here’s Jillian’s conference call with the media from last week. Nothing too interesting other than the fact that she’s owning the black box. Good for her. You know that’s what she’s going as for Halloween this year.

Yesterday I referenced the fact that if you’re not in the US, a lot of the video links I put up you’re unable to view but there is a way you can. I received this email yesterday:

hi Steve,

Anyone out of the U.S. can view clips that are restricted to Americans by installing a VPN (virtual private network) app. I am in Canada and I use Hotspot Shield ….but there are many such programs out there (your readers can Google ‘free VPN’). It basically assigns you a temporary IP address – you choose the country to be fake-‘based’ in — so when you access a clip, the media outlet thinks you’re based in that country. I use this for some US media sites but also to pretend to be based in Britain when I want to watch Downton Abbey long before it airs in North America.

take care!

So there you go Canada! Don’t say I’m not looking out for my neighbors to the north. Eh?

Nell Kalter’s RHOBH recap is now up. I’m not sure what Brandi did this episode, but I’m finally caught up on Celebrity Apprentice. Bummed she got the boot. Not that I ever thought she’d win, but moreso that I don’t get to watch her anymore. Sad day. I’m sure I’ll get through it. Just like she gets through every day with a box of wine.

Don’t forget to get your “Dr. Reality Steve” emails in for tomorrow’s column. Already have about 5 or 6 as we speak but always looking for more. Any relationship/sex/marriage/friendship questions you have, send them my way. The doctor is always in.

1. nora j

February 11, 2015 at 8:35 AM

It’s not just that Britt is a waitress in Hollywood, it’s the way she dresses and looks….like she just doesn’t look classy. They way she dresses is just ridiculous…she dresses like some silly middle school girl and wears ridiculous amounts of make up. Same thing with Jade and Kaitlyn…nothing is wrong with them but overall they aren’t classy enough…Steve is such a hypocrite…he says no way about Kaitlyn and Jade but then doesn’t understand people saying Britt is a waitress in Hollywood….Britt looks like a waitress in strip club, not just Hollywood….and the girl doesn’t shower and lies.

2. hattiebloom

February 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM

When Ashley Eye appeared on Kimmel, she mentioned that she left the Badlands in a separate van from Kelsey.

Kelsey’s hair looks much better at her viewing party. She’s still a nut and still dresses like a grade school teacher.

I’m with everyone who can’t stomach Britt. She’s a total phony. She does indeed dress like a 14 year old and her Taylor Swift-esque “who me????” personality is awful.

3. vessel

February 11, 2015 at 11:23 AM

I’ll watch the Bachelorette no matter who they cast, but the only one I’d really be excited about is Kaitlin. That girl has a personality and I think it’d be a fun season without the usual wooden overload of “you’re all amazing, tough decisions to make, this journey has been” etc etc etc. But I agree with Steve she won’t get it.

4. auntiecairo

February 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM

It all makes sense now – Kelsey’s constant references to “her amazing story” — perhaps her intent was to be the next Bachelorette — uggg — so sad she is exploiting her husband’s death — but not surprising. Maybe she should dial up Juan Pablo :)

5. cpak258

February 11, 2015 at 12:55 PM

I’m pretty positive Britt is going to be the bachelorette, especially after Chris H. did this interview. http://www.eonline.com/news/624654/andi-dorfman-is-heartbroken-over-her-breakup-with-josh-will-she-be-the-next-bachelorette-find-out

I want to like Britt in the worst way, I just feel like she’s too “perfect” and they wont be able to sell her “needing to be the bachelorette to find love”. At least when Emily was “perfect”, she had a sad back story and a daughter. And I really felt like a lot of people could somewhat relate with, or had a reason to root for, Des (heartbroken by Sean), Ali (lost out on love because of her job), Ashley (heartbroken by Brad) & Andi (JP sucked and its hard meeting someone when you work all the time as a DA). Don’t get me wrong, I will be watching regardless, I would just rather see someone else as the Bachelorette.

February 11, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Anyone who knows anything about obituaries (from experience) knows it’s up to the surviving spouse to write it, unless they punt it to another willing family member. So, right off the bat, it’s highly likely that Kelsey wrote her husband’s obit. Throw in all the details about Kelsey in the obit and 1 + 1 = 2. I mean, who else would throw in a lot of detail about Kelsey? Her in-laws? No. They’d be next in line to write it if Kelsey didn’t want to. Normally the spouse is only mentioned briefly to note that they are still alive, or that they died previously, unless it was a famous or noteworthy spouse. So, a 99% probability that Kelsey wrote the obit…. and used the opportunity to promote herself & her Masters degree (who mentions that stuff about a surviving spouse in an obit?). That squares with the ITM she did where she said, in essence ” I get it, I’m smart, (read a LOT smarter than the rest of the girls) and I’m a threat, so they of course are going to target me”. It’s all pretty pathetic. Kelsey’s obviously all about Kelsey. I’m sure she (a) doesn’t realize it and/or (b) doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with it. Based on her Dad’s note, essentially giving Kelsey a complete pass for making a fool of herself on National TV, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Again, he referred to how smart and superior Kelsey is…. which, despite all the evidence in the show, let’s say she is smart…. who cares? That doesn’t make you a superior person who can be condescending towards the girls on the show, act like a frothing at the mouth nut pretending to have a panic attack, and write a personal puff piece in her husband’s obit. Amazing. You can’t make this stuff up. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the fine demographic that makes up Bachelor contestants.

7. nn80

February 11, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Her sis has jumped fray along with her dad, both in the comments on the original article RS posted as well as the article below. Claims Sanderson’s dad wrote the obit.

8. Caroll

February 11, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Ashley I said on the Jimmy Kimmel Show that it was a long ride back in a van and that she and Kelsey were in separate vans. Ashley I came across much more favorably in that segment than on The Bachelor…more down to earth and with a sense of humor.

9. chakakohen

February 11, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I have long thick hair and can go 5-7 days without washing it, although I typically wash it every 3-4 days. That doesn’t mean I can go more than one day without taking a shower, washing my face, or washing any other important, possibly odor producing part of my body (hint hint). Britt is gross, they’ve made that clear on The Bachelor this season. If she is the next Bachelorette I will not be able to get the thought that her lack of showering means her lady parts and are ripe and stinky. It would be weird to me that the producers would include this info on the show, then choose her to be the next Bachelorette.

10. erin4

February 11, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Hey RC. or should I say, Cteve?

11. shirls429

February 11, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Love your web site and I for one would love to see Britt be the next Bachlorette:)

12. elizabeth82

February 11, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I hope when Steve updates the site, it is made mobile-friendly.

Steve talked about a poll on the site in the last column; does anyone see it? I don’t.

13. lcs85

February 11, 2015 at 7:34 PM

I don’t see the poll either. I thought maybe it was because of ad blocker, but even when I turned it off temporarily, I still didn’t see a poll.

But wow, are there a lot of ads on this site! I thought it was odd that Steve said people think the site loads slow, but now I know what they’re talking about… and how Steve affords all those Vegas vacations and trips to California.

14. missannmcd

February 11, 2015 at 9:32 PM

@erin4: LOL @elizabeth82: When Steve updates this dinosaur site I hope he at least kicks it into the new millenium! Finally, I had to copy/paste the following from a bachelor article in the “comments” section b/c it made me bust a gut:

“watermelonsugar 2 days ago
    Shows like this are disgusting. We have become a nation of voyeurs.
    We sit around our televisions living vicariously through ‘reality’ programs while Reality is passing us by. We were given the gift of the human experience and this is how we choose to use it? We are terrible.”

15. nora j

February 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

The other thing with Britt is, is she really ready to settle down…I just don’t see it. It just seems like she’s also doing this because she also wants to be a model and actress. I mean her personality isn’t terrible but something is a little too bubbly and annoying…maybe it’s also that I don’t see her with Chris and the way she acts around him just makes the whole pairing weirder for me. If she is the next Bachelorette I really hope they help her with wardrobe and make up. everytime she kisses Chris with all that lipstick I just cringe…and she has these huge lips? are those natural? I also wonder if Chris notices she dresses like a teenage. I mean Chris dresses his age and has decent taste. I mean if he does end up with Whitney and Becca as his final 2 choices they were good choices….they are the most normal and the most like him.

I guess they decided Becca would be too boring? Otherwise she seems like a very nice classy girl who would be ready to settle down.

I think Kaitlyn has a good personality but she’s a little too rough around the edges and I keep noticing those tattoos on her arm…I guess I’m getting older now and tattoos like that turn me off. I forget what RS said about Kaitlyn’s past….does she have some bad history or something?

16. nora j

February 11, 2015 at 11:32 PM

cpak258….what do you mean Britt is too perfect? I guess I don’t see how she’s perfect. Also I get that she’s “gorgeous” but I guess I really didn’t think she was all that….she’s cute but I guess her look isn’t my thing. It’s a little too much….like to me Kaitlyn is more attractive and a more natural beauty….like when Whitney was saying she felt insecure around someone as gorgeous as Britt I just wanted to laugh because I guess I find Whitney way more attractive because of how she dresses and presents herself. I guess I can see how guys are initially attracted to Britt but it’s all just physical…something is very like attractive in a sexual way about Britt but Britt just looks like a clownshow to me.

17. cpak258

February 12, 2015 at 5:41 AM

nora j – I completely agree with you. I personally don’t think shes perfect, I just meant “perfect” in the way they are portraying her.. they keep showing the girls, farmer chris and chris h. going on and on about how gorgeous she is, how she seems to get along with everyone, her ITMs are all so nice/sweet/rarely talking bad about someone else, etc. It reminds me of exactly what they did with Emily. Every interview Chris H. has given he has gone on about how great she is. And the only time there is conflict with her is when Chris is showing favoritism – group rose last week, kissing her in front of people, waking her up at 4am and telling Carly to be quiet. I personally think Jade is the prettiest one on the show, with Kaitlyn and Whitney right there with her. I would love to see Kaitlyn as the Bachelorette.. or Jade (even though I know they never would because of her past)

February 12, 2015 at 6:06 AM

There really aren’t any ugly women on this show. If anyone things any woman on the show is ugly, it’s only in comparison to all the other beauties on the show. Britt is a stunner, for sure, and I think that can be intimidating to the other women. I had a girlfriend once who told me whenever we went anywhere that she’d look around the room at the other women. She would feel bad & insecure if there were other better looking women in the room. This might be at the extreme, but I do know that women do compare their looks with others. This is something guys really don’t do (I’m sure there are some exceptions). Anyway, it’s my sense that this is what’s going on. Whitney, who’s beautiful, sees Britt & compares herself. She feels Britt is better looking and feels insecure. Kind of a woman thing? IDK: in my experience, that’s what happens (yeah, I know not everyone is this way), but probably the women could speak better about it. I’m sure the producers know how to tease this kind of comment out of the women too & then really play up the jealousy angle. It’s what they do.

19. arod

February 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM

In response to the horse-knowledgable person: I don’t know much about TV-making, but it is possible we are seeing the mirror image of what was filmed, making it appear that right is left and vice versa.

20. britney

February 12, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Britt is fake as $@#%. I hope Carly gets the Bachelorette gig, she’s sweet, smart, humble, AND funny. They just need to spruce her up a little like they did to Ashley H.