Reader Emails

“Reader Emails” and Who is the Next “Bachelorette?”

A total screw up on my part. Don’t hate me. This hasn’t happened in years, but for whatever reason every email sent to me for “Reader Emails” since probably Saturday got deleted. I don’t know why and I don’t know how, but they’re gone. Still had over 40 emails this week for the column, but they were basically sent from last Wednesday through this Saturday or Sunday, with a couple at the end that came in last night. So if you sent me an email from Saturday through yesterday, it got deleted and didn’t make it in this week. My apologies. Good thing I at least had over 40 already in there or else there wouldn’t be a column this week. I transfer all “Reader Emails” into a folder once I get them, and then cut and paste that folder onto Microsoft Word. Once they’re cut and pasted, they’re deleted from the folder. I either forgot to save my document last night after I’d cut and pasted everything, even though I swore I did, but when I went to finish up answering questions this morning, the only ones saved on the document were everything I had cut and pasted before Saturday. Sucks. See, this is what crappy weather in Texas that postponed my flight getting back here does. My schedule was all screwed up this week. Sometimes I can’t function properly when I’m out of my element and last week I was. Still some good “Reader Emails” this week, but questions that arose from Monday’s episode and any emails sent yesterday before about 8pm are gone. Sorry.

So WetPaint reported yesterday that Kaitlyn is the new “Bachelorette.” If you read yesterday’s column, you know that I said all signs were now pointing to it, I had accepted the fact it would probably be her, and that even though I campaigned for Britt all season and thought it would be her, I was resigning myself to the fact that it wouldn’t be. Well, it isn’t. I can confirm that Kaitlyn is definitely the next “Bachelorette,” and I expect the announcement to come on the ATFR March 9th. Mike Fleiss can tweet all he wants yesterday and today about them still deciding and still wondering and what a tough decision blah blah blah. Kaitlyn is a done deal. She’s the next “Bachelorette” and they are moving forward with her. You’ll hear it become official on the ATFR unless they decide to change it up and announce it earlier, but I doubt it. Her guys arrive that weekend in LA and I’m sure production doesn’t want them “officially” knowing who the “Bachelorette” until they’re cooped up in their hotel room until they watch the finale on 9th. But sorry, it’s her. So guys on the next season, get ready for some Canadian lovin’, beer chuggin’, swearin’, rappin’ girl next door, Kaitlyn Bristowe. You know, this girl. It’s like she’s the female Ben Flajnik. Is this kinda her “Cream Dream” video?

Yesterday’s poll question is almost at 14,000 votes and nearly 2/3 of you answered you wanted to see Kaitlyn as the next “Bachelorette.” Not surprising. I think the timing of that question also had a lot to do with the response. If I would’ve asked that same question after episode 1, I have a feeling that Britt would’ve had the 2/3rd majority vote. So today’s poll question is very simple indeed:

Nell Kalter’s RHOBH recap is now up so go check it out. Don’t forget, “Survivor” starts tonight so our resident recapper Bryan Fischer will be back tomorrow and every Thursday throughout the season to fill you in on what’s going, so be sure to check that out tomorrow. Also, any “Dr. Reality Steve” emails you have, be sure to send them in today for tomorrow’s column.

As for my Vegas birthday party, if you’ve RSVP’d but need to fly in, we are pretty much at capacity right now. However, I am working on something that maybe could happen on Saturday so stay tuned for that. Might still be a possibility, which is why I announced this as early as I did. I’m flattered by the response as it’s been great, but there might be another “event” on Saturday night, or at least some sort of meet up we can do. If you are still interested in possibly attending that weekend, email me and at least let me have you on a temporary list. I will keep you updated in the coming months.

February 25, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Just for fun, I googled “Fertility Clinic in Cedar Rapids, IA”. There are more than one. Cedar Rapids is about an hour away from Arlington…. that’s a commute length that’s not uncommon in Chicago. Whitney can thank me later.

2. carolina

February 25, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Rob22 you are hilarious. You are a man of infinite resources. HEY OUT THERE–if Kaitlyn is the next Bachelorette, PLEASE PLEASE just do her HAIR (the two strings going straight down her forehead are AWFUL) and provide her with some VISINE. Rob22, any other suggestions??

3. katewilky

February 25, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Am I the only one in the world that wanted Carly to be the next “Bachet”…..

4. angelfish

February 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM

So now maybe we can look for the beauteous Britt on BIP this summer. I’m betting most previous male contestants would love a shot at her and line up in droves to be on.

5. gvagirl

February 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Dude, you write for a living. Learn the difference between it’s and its.

6. olestinker

February 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM

The first episode of BIP writes itself at this point. Get a good mix of the we hate Britt club in the house on the first night (Ashley I and Carly, I’m looking at you), have Britt show up halfway through the episode with a date card, and let the cattiness commence.

7. jpoz

February 25, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Gutted that its Kaitlyn and not Britt for Bachelorette. Britt got thrown under the bus. Feel sorry for her. She is WAY better looking than Kaitlyn and classier. I’m sure alot of guys especially the guys who signed up for Bachelorette are going to be very disappointed its not Britt.

I’m sorry but Kaitlyn comes across as cheap, especially with all those dirty jokes. Not a fan of her lazy eye look or piranah teeth either. #TeamBritt

8. anonime

February 25, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Not a fan of either Britt or Kaitlyn. I liked Britt at first but then she veered…
    Kaitlyn turned me off the 1st night with her “plow me” comment.And the “wet seal” joke. Her whole personality just comes across as low rent. She then further turned me off by swearing too much, with her lame rapping , & just trying so hard to be cool. Also, like @jpoz I’m not a fan of her “lazy eye,piranha teeth” ( those chompers are really bad) and those super ugly tats .
    Too bad about Britt. It was hers to lose and she blew it.

9. vessel

February 25, 2015 at 6:01 PM

@anonime, All the reasons you listed are why I am thrilled they chose Kaitlyn. Guess that’s why they make chocolate AND vanilla, lol.

Cannot stand boring formulaic leads like Desiree or Emily, etc. who may be sweet but are also a predictable snooze-fest to watch. I love how irreverent Kaitlyn is and what comes out of her mouth seems very ‘in the moment’ and unrehearsed. She may not be everyone’s cup of tea but one thing I can appreciate she will be is her authentic self.

10. coffeeinchicago

February 25, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Definitely bummed that it’s Kaitlyn. She seems fine and all, but like someone you could just as easily meet on Tinder. Kind of takes away the “fantasy” aspect of the show.

rob22 – My boyfriend did the same thing! All while scoffing at how ridiculous it is that I watch the show. He’s secretly invested.

11. shirls429

February 25, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Can’t believe they would take Kaitlyn over Britt feel very sorry for these guys what a let down for them.

12. hattiebloom

February 25, 2015 at 9:58 PM

I thought Kaitlyn was too low rent in the beginning…..and I liked Britt.

I’m thrilled it’s Kaitlyn. It turns out she’s full of personality and Britt is full of sheet.

February 26, 2015 at 6:12 AM

I suppose, if Kaitlyn’s chosen, we will get the same scenarios that we got with Ashley, where some of the guys (most notably Bentley) were hoping for Emily. Don’t think there won’t be some drama around a few guys who came to the show “for Britt”. We will definitely seem some version of Bentley/Ashley/Emily triad again. Will we also hear some drama about how Kaitlyn is never taken seriously by men & see tears about it? Let’s just call this Ashley 2 (with tats) and be done with it.

14. mush

February 26, 2015 at 6:42 AM

i might just watch the bachelorette! on amazon. so happy its kaitlyn and not britt. i always read here and ihategreenbeans recaps. i watch some of the vids the show uploads to their bachelor tv youtube chanel and with all that i dont need to actually watch the show. how old fashioned to watch an actual tv show on tv! i dont even have a tv.

15. mush

February 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM

about whitney and her job. jeez. with no kids yet she could live in chicago for 3 days and in arlington for 4 days a week. id love that schedule, love my alone time and my time with my husband. sounds great to me. or like rob22 found out, commute to cedar rapids. of course keep options open in chicago since the relationship might not work out. is chris really into her or was the the best of the bunch he got? i dont really care about that anyway. what i love is reading these comments. it makes the whole bachelor experience worth it. especially rob22 who always has something interesting to say.

16. a795303e

February 26, 2015 at 7:55 AM

Ugh I wish the next bachelorette would have been Britt!! I think she is way more exciting than kaitlyn, they should do two bachelorettes at once!

17. punk

February 26, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I think Kaitlyn will be a wild Bach’ette. I expect her to get her freak on with 3 dudes in that suite, and to make out with enough guys to set a record.

Basically, she will be the female Bob Guiney. Should make for fun viewing.

18. mush

February 27, 2015 at 7:10 AM

not a big fan of kaitlyn but i dont dislike her. i think this idea was what made the producers final decision to chose kaitlyn. the lead cant be too polarizing. it has to be a given that they are desirable, liked or at least not hated. britt was so fake. nice girl, but so obvious she was acting. that was her mistake.

19. hattiebloom

February 27, 2015 at 8:42 AM

especially rob22 who always has something interesting to say.

@mush……..^^^^to each their own I say. :)

20. sorgesu

March 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM

If Whitney was the one who “wins” and is on the verge of quitting her job and moving to farm country, why would she change jobs in February? Doesn’t make sense. If you look her up on Linkedin you can see she took a new job in a place that is a 1 hour drive from Chicago but no closer to Arlington? Why bother making such big change in your life if it is shortly expected to change with a marriage and a move? If she DID win, then I would say they are no longer together, OR someone ELSE won.

21. draculaface1

March 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM

IMO Chris narrowed it down to the three least interesting women on the show. Somehow horse teeth Kaitlyn manages to make me yawn even with her “jokes.” She wants to know why Chris eliminated her? Maybe her clothes (omg that awful dress she wore on the fantasy suite dates), too pink lipstick, teeth, weird lips, trashy mouth, and the hair? Doesn’t she have any friends to help her out with looks? Wardrobe? Love the bachelor shows but not looking forward to having to look at her for a couple months.