Reader Emails

A Mega Boffo “Reader Emails” & The Great Ring Debate

So yesterday I mentioned that because Chris’ blog on People.com became such a hot button topic at the WTA, if they were just gonna do away with it all together and keep it in interview form since we know those are written by ghost writers. Well, Chris’ blog went up this morning so I guess that answers that question. All you need to know about those is seeing how Juan Pablo tweeted last year, or spoke on the show, then to see a perfectly spelled and grammatically correct People blog to know he didn’t write sh**. Sure, it might be their ideas and thoughts, but it’s absolutely put together by someone else. It’s definitely not transcribed word for word that’s for sure. So I guess we can expect to see the blogs continue going forward in future seasons. Hey, just because they don’t personally write them doesn’t mean sometimes they don’t give some good insight. At times they do. Like when Chris told us this season he asked both Kaitlyn’s fathers for permission to marry her, even though they showed us neither. So they can come in handy at times.

I know this is about a week old, but did you see where Trista said some of the contestants on this show, use the show for fame? No way! I would never think of such a horrible thing. How about this? If someone who comes on this show DOESN’T use the show for fame, then that’s news. Of course they do. Because no one is stupid enough to think going into the show that they’ll be the “1” in in 1-in-25 chance of finding a spouse.

I’m going to say something right now that hopefully will end all emails to me asking about it, even though I’m sure it won’t. I swear, I get 5 emails a day on this topic so let me just put it to rest right now. No, Andi and Nick are not dating. Period. That’s all you need to know. Yes, they ended up at the same bar in Chicago but Andi wasn’t there to see him nor was it a date. They are not dating. Can’t make that any clearer.

Nell Kalter has your RHOBH recap now up for your viewing pleasure. Uh oh. Did my girl Brandi go crazy last night? Lets hope not. I’ll be honest, I have no idea what the hell is going on in that show, but I thought I read something briefly today that said Brandi went off her rocker again. Oh well. I guess that’s what she’s paid to do.

And finally, the second biggest thing I was emailed about this week:
_________________________________________________________

Just wondering if the ring Molly just got from Jason is Andi’s ring that she had to give back. They are identical!

AndiRingMollyRing

Hey look, the last thing I am is some sort of ring expert. I don’t know sh** about rings. But I do have two eyes and, well, those rings look alike. The bands may be different but the diamonds look exactly alike. And we know that a few weeks ago, Andi had to return her ring to Neil Lane. And then Jason gives a Neil Lane ring to Molly for their 5 year anniversary that looks, well, similar. I guess if I were Jason, I just would’ve chosen a whole different style and cut to completely eliminate any confusion of if it was the same ring Andi had because a lot of people seem to think it was. They look too similar to NOT have people question it. But I have no idea. Discuss amongst yourselves.

1. arod

March 4, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I think it is the same stone, different band. I don’t think Jason had a choice with what to give her since it is a free ring… But it is weird that Josh also mentioned how much it looked like the ring he gave Andi. Also do you know where she is moving to?

2. hattiebloom

March 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM

^^^^^no one wants to read your blog sweetie.

3. fcew

March 4, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Not the same ring. It’s the same style, obviously, but Andi’s ring has more of a curve around the outside halo than Molly’s, but it’s very very subtle, so you have to look hard for it.

I’m sure Neil Lane has a half dozen double haloed oval engagement rings floating around his shop at the moment.

4. dulcinea14

March 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Is it just me, or does everything that comes out of Trista’s mouth about the show always seem so naïve?

And geez, I get you need to make a living, RS, but the banner ads and popups have gotten really bad.

5. cjscjs711

March 4, 2015 at 12:29 PM

+1000 about the popup ads getting to be too much! Especially the MacKeeper thingy malware that I can’t get off my Mac. It’s malware itself – never agree to it.

I like it that the people are this site tend to be a little less naive than on other sites – I just don’t get the people who say they can see that Chris is deeply attracted to Becca and therefore being a virgin pays off. I see ZERO attraction on either side.

A private party in a private home is a place where any person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Therefore, to walk in, “surprise” them with CH and CS and TV cameras live broadcasting, would expose ABC so stupidly to lawsuits. They sign releases well before the cameras arrive.

On Carly – she seemed to know she was next to go and therefore the one who had nothing to lose anyway by ratting Britt out to Chris. As to her animosity – probably more happened between the two than met the eye – Carly’s remark that it was Britt’s turn to squirm now instead of Carly.

I think what did Britt in was Chris saw how high maintenance she was going to be – needing constant assurance she was #1, throwing a hissy fit if she wasn’t. Chris has a big family and is very close with his mother, sisters, etc. That happens, isolated on a farm like that. Britt’s continual demands for attention would have gotten old fast, especially 2 years down the line after the lust wore off. Carly and the others just confirmed his opinions. JMO

6. angelfish

March 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Chris really didn’t need Carly to “have his back” and “look out for him”. He’s a 33 year-old man who’s ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS!

Carly had Carly’s back. And as soon as she saw that she had been completely friend-zoned by Chris, she torpedoed the closest soft target, Britt. She may have felt she had nothing to lose, but for me, she went from a cute and amusing gal to a vindictive, bitter bitch in one fell swoop.

7. fcew

March 4, 2015 at 1:22 PM

No one likes a tattle tale. Chris said it didn’t make a difference, and he had said in his blog that Britt wasn’t going to get a rose that night anyway.

Britt had loads of red flags already, Ashley I, Jade and Carly just helped enlighten him a bit sooner. And that’s something that’s coming down to editing – we saw Ashley’s “you think BRITT really wants that lifestyle?!” When she was getting eliminated, we heard from Chris S that Jade questioned Britt’s honesty, we saw Carly’s vitriol and Kaitlyn’s shocked/incredulous face, but like Sharleen says, “where there is smoke, there’s fire.” Which, from her, means that if several of the women in the house are saying one thing, it’s likely true.

I would also like to see less people at the WTA. Nikki, Trina, Samantha? Who are they again?

8. mush

March 4, 2015 at 1:26 PM

@arod. i read your blog. its funny. thanks for sharing. heres the link again http://wp.me/p5AbHT-83

9. lcs85

March 4, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Here’s a link to the Ellen segment talked about in the one email for anyone else who was interested in seeing it.

So Andy and Josh are both moving away from Georgia today? I’m sure its just coincidence, but still weird that they were both on Twitter at the same time talking about their moves.

10. thatguy181

March 4, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I hope we can have someone link a random link to a random blog a third time because not clicking it the first two times hasn’t proven entertaining enough.

I mean, you guys get that it’s weird/poaching to try and drag viewers of RS’s blog to your blog right? It’s like going into Lowe’s and handing Home Depot coupons. It’s weird and no sane person does it.

Always enjoy the emails RS. Looking forward to your reveals next week and especially the crazy emails from people insisting you’re wrong. Looking forward to you rubbing it in their faces when Whitney is proposed to next Monday. At this point I don’t see how anyone could argue that Chris is CLEARLY all in with Whitney. There’s just nothing there with Becca and anyone should be able to see that. It’s not that she’s a bad person or even that she needs sexual experience. There’s just nothing there chemistry wise, certainly nothing compared to what Chris and Whitney have.

Course, whether or not Whitney and Chris tie the knot and actually move out to Arlington together is another thing entirely. I always thought I lived in a small town growing up… Then I saw Arlington and realized my home town may as well be Chicago by comparison. That’s going to be very jarring for Whitney.

March 4, 2015 at 2:59 PM

@thatguy: maybe we should all write blogs and post links to it here. Wouldn’t that be fun? No, I NEVER click random links. My teenage son did that once & we had to have his entire hard drive erased & his PC re-loaded from scratch. You can’t get rid of some malware once it’s in there. Plus, what are the odds the random blog is going to be worth the click? Probably about the same as a Bachelor marrying his F1. I realize when random people write blogs, they want to people to read them, but why not use Facebook where people actually know who you are. Then they can judge you for it and then not read it. Oh right. That’s why people post links anonymously. So they don’t lose all of their friends.

12. teelee44

March 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Steve
    totally love reading your column even if I dont watch the Bachelor or Bachlorette show I check the comments you have.
    I wish Whitney and Chris would work out….I think she is the only one who was in this for the right reasons.
    Pollyanna of me,maybe, but I really hope it works

13. toaster

March 4, 2015 at 5:51 PM

@ arod – I enjoy your links too, so thanks! hattiebloom doesn’t speak for most of us.

14. Caroll

March 4, 2015 at 5:54 PM

For the hard of hearing, or for those watching a program in which the actors have strong English or other accents hard to understand, we turn on the “CAPTION” feature which prints the conversations at the bottom of the screen in English.

15. duckquack

March 4, 2015 at 10:54 PM

For their fifth wedding anniversary, Mesnick surprised his wife with a 2.5 carat ring, set in platinum, with a [b]Rose Gold Band[/b] decorated with an oval-cut, central stone surrounded by a double halo of 160 round diamonds.

………………………………………………………………………………

The diamond ring Josh gave Andi is set in a handmade platinum setting, signed and designed by the talented celebrity jeweler himself, is made up of a three-carat oval diamond — and it’s worth a whopping $72,000! It’s a large oval diamond set in platinum with a halo. The center stone is surrounded by smaller diamonds, giving the ring a very romantic feel
    ——————————————————————
    Molly’s ring is smaller and has a Rose Gold Band…

16. duckquack

March 4, 2015 at 11:01 PM

For their fifth wedding anniversary, Jason Mesnick surprised his wife Molly with a 2.5 carat ring, set in platinum, with a “Rose Gold Band” and decorated with an oval-cut, central stone surrounded by a double halo of 160 round diamonds.

………………………………………………………………………………

The diamond ring Josh gave Andi is set in a handmade platinum setting is made up of a three-carat oval diamond — and it’s worth a whopping $72,000! It’s a large oval diamond set in platinum with a halo. The center stone is surrounded by smaller diamonds, giving the ring a very romantic feel
    ——————————————————————
    Molly’s ring is smaller and has a “Rose Gold Band”
    Andi’s ring was platinum…

17. prisrose

March 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Kaitlyn’s music video The Buried Life is now private… guess they’re cleaning up her image before she’s announced Bachelorette…Ugh.

Still hoping it’s Britt!

18. caffeinequeen

March 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM

I found arod’s blog amusing. I get why someone would post links on another blogger’s site. It’s like online shopping… “other people who viewed this item also looked at xx.” I don’t see it as poaching, really, since arod isn’t stealing readers from RS. A little too much self-promotion for some people’s taste, I guess.

19. hattiebloom

March 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Re:@arod’s blog:

To go on another bloggers site to post a link to your blog on the very same subject is IMO tacky and bold.

If you ladies are enjoying it, have at it. I just find the tactic to be tasteless.

20. hattiebloom

March 5, 2015 at 6:34 AM

Hey ladies and a few gents…..just wrote a blog on my journey with vaginal itch and dryness. Enjoy!

http:\\myItchyCrotchy.wordpress.com

21. mush

March 5, 2015 at 7:06 AM

stop being so mean about posting blogs here. jeez.

22. mush

March 5, 2015 at 7:11 AM

about posting blogs sites here, one more comment. if rob22 posted a link to his blog site, you better believe id read it. his comments here have always been well written, funny and insightful. i come to steve for spoilers and the comment section. arod i remember leaving insightful comments also. llike id click on a link left by hattiebloom who just comes to make fun of people. bi#@#

23. gailer

March 5, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Andi posted picture she’s in NYC , wow I thought for sure she went Hollywood

24. missannmcd

March 5, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Have you all seen this bachelor parody? There’s also a gay bachelor parody out there too. Very funny stuff.

25. toaster

March 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I’m dreading Kaitlyn being the Bachelorette. There are so many other women I’d rather watch than her. I think it’ll be as bad a season as Jillian’s was.

26. arod

March 7, 2015 at 1:12 PM

@hattiebloom, I didn’t mean to offend you by posting my link, and am sorry for how upset it makes you (and your crotch, apparently). My only tactic is to share an opinion on a related topic. RS has an irreplaceable blog, so I really don’t consider it poaching his readers. I think it is pretty easy to ignore it if you don’t care for it. As for it being tacky, well, it’s a recap of the Bachelor, the “classy” ship sailed long ago.

@mush, toaster and caffeinequeen, thank you for the kind words and support. I couldn’t imagine my comment would create so much hate.