The Bachelor 19 - Chris

The “Bachelor” Finale Recap Including Tons of News & Notes and Exclusive First Look at Guys on the Next “Bachelorette”

We have a plethora of stuff to cover today, so be ready. Just like I start any vindication column, I want to thank the best sources out there for nailing yet another ending to this show. You people know who you are and what you did and I’m forever thankful. Sometimes it’s not easy being the middle man like I am, but when it pays off like it did last night, makes the 3 ½ month wait all the more worth it. I’m only as good as my sources, and time after time after time after time, they’ve come through for me. Even the ones that came through last week to update me on a possible double “Bachelorette” that I mentioned yesterday which is confirmed now. We’ll talk about that plenty on pages 4 & 5 today, but before that we’ve a bunch of news & notes for you, then to end it all on page 6, your first exclusive look at some of the guys who will be appearing on the “Bachelorette.” Once again, there is no other site even talking about next season’s guys yet so if you are going to post them, please credit this site. Thank you.

Your Vanderpump Rules recap by Nell Kalter is now up. I believe last night was the reunion episode correct? Don’t they have like 17 of those for each season? I’m sure it was glorious. Go check out the recap and then be back here tomorrow for her RHOBH recap as well.

So the Andi/Molly ring controversy was pretty much put to an end by Molly herself the other day when Jason and Molly discussed it on their podcast. Not the same ring. You can listen here: http://gossipandreality.com/episode-92-the-women-tell-all-and-the-ring-controversy/

So this was kinda weird. The ABC affiliate in Indianapolis WRTV-6 ran a story last night after the “Bachelor” aired about the show, then just decided to throw in a little commentary about me and my site. Sweet. Thanks Indianapolis. You’re now my favorite city in America!

Tell me you don’t read this article on Ashley S. in the Auburn student newspaper and have a completely different opinion of her after the fact. A very good read about Ashley and how she saw everything in regards to the show, thus leading to how she acted. And yes, I’m sure she will be on “Bachelor in Paradise 2” even after giving that half ass answer last night.

Ratings are in from last night, and the show drew its biggest audience of the season with 9.5 million viewers and a 2.7 in the Adults 18-49 demo. Somehow, Juan Pablo’s finale drew a 3.3 in that demo so it’s down from that. The ATFR show drew 9.6 million and a 2.4 in the demo. Needless to say, one hell of a successful season considering when I first told you all they were only leaving the states once and you knew Chris was a farmer, the reaction I got was basically a bunch of booing and hissing. Well, seems like it had zero effect on the ratings as this was one of their most successful seasons yet. Just goes to show, the lead really doesn’t matter. People tune in because the formula of “train wreck” TV is working at its finest. The dates, the drama, the casting – all much bigger reasons to watch this show than for an actual love story.

I got an email from a former contestant on the show who has started a Kickstarter Campaign for a film he needs funded. Here’s what he had to say:

“Have you ever been worried that you hired the wrong wedding videographer? Former bachelorette and bachelor contestants Robby Descant and Tenley Molzahn are teaming up in California to make a short film about just that. They launched a Kickstarter campaign to help raise funds to bring the script to the screen. Please check out the link below and donate what you can to help make this film a reality. Thank you!”

I’ve already donated $50 myself and they still need close to $5000 for the project to be a go. If you’re interested, help out and donate. You aren’t billed unless they reach their goal.

Ok, on to “Bachelor” stuff. I told you the day after the season ended I would tell you about some information I had all season that I didn’t want to share, basically to spare myself a rash of emails. Well, here it is. After they left Bali and came back to Iowa, Kaitlyn actually came with them. She actually had to spend an extra week in Dubuque while filming was wrapping up because as you know, they’ve been keeping the final 3 person with them until filming wraps, so word doesn’t leak their home. Which made sense in previous seasons because the overnight dates and final rose ceremony location were in the same place. Just like Andi stayed in St. Lucia until the final rose ceremony wrapped and so on and so forth. But to fly Kaitlyn back to Iowa just to sit there for a week? Geez, the least they could’ve done was put her and her handler in an LA hotel or something to keep her hidden. But Dubuque? Man, brutal.

Can you imagine if I would’ve told you months ago, “Hey, I heard Kaitlyn stayed in Dubuque and didn’t come home until filming ended” how many “Kaitlyn comes back at the end!” emails I would’ve gotten? Like 100. Not to mention, Kaitlyn got home from filming later than Whitney and Becca did. Becca was in Kansas City the day after the final rose ceremony for her grandmother’s funeral that her sisters posted for everyone to see on Instagram. That certainly didn’t help her case as Chris’ new fiancé. But I’m telling you, that Kaitlyn info would’ve been 3 months of, “Well how do you know Kaitlyn doesn’t try to show up again?” or “Why would they keep Kaitlyn there until after filming was over?” or “Don’t you think it’s possible that Kaitlyn shows up at the final rose ceremony?” So yeah, I can share it now because obviously I knew she didn’t, but sharing that earlier would’ve been the death of me. Sorry. Had to keep that one to myself.

As we know, they confirmed last night they are going with both Kaitlyn and Britt as the “Bachelorettes,” and the 25 guys will decide on the first night who they want it to be. What I found interesting is remember the poll question from last week where I asked all of you who would you want to see as the “Bachelorette?” In over 18,000 votes, Kaitlyn won in pretty much a landslide, tripling the amount of votes Britt got:

KaitlynBrittPoll

Yesterday when I brought up the fact there was a good possibility we were gonna have two “Bachelorettes,” I asked you who do you think the GUYS will choose as their lead. Right now, it’s running 55% to 45% in favor of Britt. Do you still think that? Keep voting:

This whole concept of Kaitlyn vs Britt will be discussed in length on pages 4 and 5 of today’s column. Just thought it was interesting that I’m assuming a lot of you are the same people voting in both polls, and 60% of you wanted Kaitlyn to be the “Bachelorette,” yet you’re pretty much readily admitting you think the guys will choose Britt by that poll above. We’ll see. I give my thoughts later.

Page 1 of 612345...Last »

1. Scout

March 10, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Is it just me…or are none of those guys that attractive? Nikki’s ex is cute, but that’s about it….

2. peachaero

March 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Andy Murray? I believe you meant Aaron Murray. 🙂

3. fcew

March 10, 2015 at 11:30 AM

No, not just you. Not cute.

4. sheilar1

March 10, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Great recap! Regarding Shawn Evans. His daughters mother lives in the town of Sault Sainte Marie if you are speaking about Ontario . Also known as the Sault (pronounced sue”). I am from London Ontario as well and although I don’t know him I hope he has a good run. The two Bachelorettes thing is interesting but hardly fair to the women. It will be a good season anyway.

5. zma61

March 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Two questions – any chance the Bachelorette that doesn’t get picked will end up on BP? Also, when do you think Kaitlyn and Britt found out about the plan for 2? I thought it might have been very close to the show, given that neither (esp Kaitlyn) seemed too pleased.

6. lcs85

March 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Yeah, Nikki’s ex and maybe Tanner are the only decent looking guys… so good job Kansas City.

7. stroal

March 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Let’s be real, the producers screwed up on this one. They wanted Britt as Bachelorette, but didn’t give her the proper edit. There was no need to mention her lack of showering/face full of makeup, and they could easily have played up her sweet moments to endear her to America. They didn’t, and now they’re scrambling to cover their mistake and still give her a chance for Bachelorette.

Personally I don’t mind Britt, but I think it’s going to be interesting to see what the guys do on night 1. They seem to have picked a few pretty accomplished guys, and I’ll be interested to see whether they really would date a couple of aspiring actresses who never really do anything with their lives. That’s my only beef with the Bachelorettes, and it’s with both of them–that neither of them seem to have much drive or ambition. Oh well. I’m still going to watch.

As for the guys… the Ryans are adorable! Not surprised they chose Nikki’s ex. At all.

8. ashg

March 10, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Are you sure #2 isn’t Shia LeBeouf?

9. dwwatchesreality

March 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I’m guessing number 1 and 3 have the best chance with the given bachelorette options, and the Christian singer is probably a great guy but seems really wrong for those women. Totally guessing 😉

10. chicagospursgirl

March 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi Steve!
    You’ve already mentioned how producers might lean toward choosing guys who like a certain girl, so, were these men chosen for their interest in Kaitlyn since was the rumored B’ette? Or is it possible (as in previous seasons intros ) they questioned the men as to whom they’d prefer and the men wanted Britt?
    I know the consensus seems to be that people want Kaitlyn, (she seems like a wild and crazy, fun loving, tattooed, pierced, potty-mouthed good time), but I don’t understand all the negativity surrounding Britt: sure she’s emotional, (most women are!) and she was in a music video, (so was Kaitlyn). I think both women are as “serious” about finding a husband through this process as the other.
    Lastly, I’m not convinced producers will choose based solely on social media preference; they love the drama of choosing a controversial or polarizing contestant…whatever will give them the drama and train wreck they love. I don’t think they worry at all about people not tuning in–curiosity always wins out.
    Thanks for another great season of spoilers…and extra credit if you can tell me where Daniel took Ali-with-an-i on their first date! ;D

11. dwwatchesreality

March 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM

As for the emails on page 2 – you’ve got to know who on “that” site to read, and who not to. They have broken some tidbits first, even if it never gets acknowledged beyond the site. I wonder if there might be less animosity if that was ever acknowledged? Regardless, I like both sites, this one and that one, for different reasons, obviously.

12. dwwatchesreality

March 10, 2015 at 12:25 PM

And why I voted for Kaitlyn for Bachelorette but think the guys will vote for Britt: Kaitlyn is more entertaining, and a natural with the one liners. There could also be interesting conflict, like there was in Ashley’s season, with guys who really hoped for someone specific and not Kaitlyn. Britt, however, seems like every guy’s wet dream. Why would they care or who will have the best one-liners in the ITMs? But in my experience, men aren’t very “real” around women like her; they often can’t see a beautiful woman’s actions for what they really are (I have a friend that men are like that around, and its mind-boggling to hear them talk about her, to say the leas, after viewing the exact same actions and having known her for twenty years).

13. cjscjs711

March 10, 2015 at 12:26 PM

If you remember back to the beginning few episodes, Britt was VERY well-liked and received many glowing compliments from viewers. She was gorgeous, warm, friendly, not catty in fact seemed to love women, and was like a breath of fresh air.

Things started to unravel for her after one long long makeout session with girl after girl after girl and Britt commented how hard it was to deal with this – being with Chris, thinking they had such a deep connection then seeing him be the same with someone else. She admitted having never been in such a situation before and having a hard time with it. How many women wouldn’t?

Then the group date where she felt like to get a leg up – take off your clothes and you’d be rewarded. Not totally unreasonable, but regardless —

As Bachelorette, she would have none of these issues to deal with. Attention-getting, saying/believing the right thing to get a rose – off the table. She’d be the ONLY woman. Wanting to love everyone and everyone to love her – that would make playing the role of lead, easier.

I see it as a different game than the last several episodes of The Bachelor.

I could have seen her in Arlington a LITTLE sooner than Ashley I. but not by much, and I think that was a major deal-breaker for Chris….

March 10, 2015 at 12:50 PM

I always hate this final post from RS. So much self congratulations and calling out those that challenged him. Very tiresome. More than 50% of today’s installment.

As for Britt’s edit. The show didn’t “accidentally” give her a bad edit. They decided that her drama had to be on the air. They knew it would reflect poorly on her, especially all the anti-Britt ITMs that were aired. To me, it’s a little surprising that they’d give Britt the hack job they did and then keep her in the picture for Bachelorette…. but it’s happened before with Ali. One blogger took to calling Ali, during her Bachelor season, the Wicked B*tch of the West, never using her actual name. She was called an Ice Queen and lots of other names. WAY worse than Britt. But I do think they had Ali rehab her image on WTA. Maybe they were counting on the WTA for Britt and she f’d it up with her ugly crying. IDK. But team Kaitlyn definitely seems to be larger. On this site and on the ATFR show. The question is whether that many will really care by the time the first episode airs. Answer: people won’t really care.

So, if the “voting” is on the up and up, of which there is no guarantee, the guys will vote for Britt. That being the case, I’d speculate that they wanted Britt. There were some issues with Brit and Kaitlyn emerged. So, they decided to placate both teams, but especially Team Kaitlyn with this arrangement. That keeps Britt in play. Again, by the time the show airs, people aren’t going to care as much. A legit voting will put Britt in & everything moves forward. I think a telling moment was when the audience clearly favored Kaitlyn and Chris Harrison said that it was very split. Huh? Why would he say that? They don’t want public opinion slanted towards Kaitlyn, that’s why.

15. Penthe

March 10, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Nikki’s ex reminds me Jessie Kovacs.

16. joshua

March 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Much is going to depend on how many of the guys watch the show. Britt is undeniably more beautiful and know how to flirt in the you’re-the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world way. She’ll toss her hair, touch their arms, and tell them how fascinating whatever BS they spout is.

That said, Kaitlyn is not quite as “beautiful” but is ridiculously awesome in every other way. If I was lucky enough to choose between them it wouldn’t even be close. Kaitlyn is awesome.

The question is, how much will the guys see that in one cocktail party? It would be hard which is why it would be important for Kaitlyn’s chances that the guys already be familiar with them.

17. smithyeni

March 10, 2015 at 1:25 PM

The only one I find attractive is Daniel..

18. cgill

March 10, 2015 at 1:27 PM

This is interesting on Tanner Tolbert http://kansas.arrests.org/Arrests/Tanner_Tolbert_21346329/ Oops! Just happened in Feb 2015

19. illylover

March 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I don’t have any inside information I’m just speaking from impressions fired by an overactive analytical brain.

I think Britt has always been the producers’ choice for The Bachelorette. They loved her in the beginning and they love her now. Chris Harrison did a lot to try to derail the tensions during Britt’s appearance on WTA “Don’t you think the animosity has much to do with the target on her back because she received the first impression rose” and etc etc. And Chris H’s big “Britt was the star of WTA”.

It’s clear he loves her, it’s clear the producers love her – she’s beautiful, articulate and sweet.

The thing they didn’t count on was that whole Big & Rich concert and Chris S sweeping Britt away to see it, ditching the rest of the girls to sit for over an hour wondering where the heck Chris/Britt had moseyed off to. The blowback from that was incredible and I think that was the beginning of the end for the fellow bachelorettes’ camaraderie toward Britt. Not Britt’s fault but whoever came up with that idea to secrete Chris and Britt away and have them gone for over an hour AND have Britt come back with a rose wasn’t just putting a bigger target on Britt’s back but also sticking a knife into it. Maybe they thought that Britt could withstand the blowback? But ouple with Chris S’s horrible response to the big freeze back at the ranch and leaving Britt there high and dry (not to mention actually throwing Britt under the bus) was pretty awful.

The producers really put there foot in it with that date and the bachelorettes’ subsequent turn on Britt. They couldn’t escape good television by showing the drama, but they still wanted Britt as The Bachelorette.

And then along comes Kaitlyn who, maybe, they never considered. Goofy, funny, cute Kaitlyn who’s suddenly building quite a fan base. (Seriously, take a look at Kaitlyn’s Instagram page. It’s a promo piece. She suddenly started amassing thousands of fans literally overnight – surpassing Britt’s fanbase. When people commented on this overnight explosion their comments were deleted and they were blocked from following her – I read this several times on other blogs so whether it’s true or not remains to be seen but Kaitlyn has phenomenally eclipsed Britt’s Instagram followers. And take a look at Britt’s Instagram – it’s the typical stuff you’ll see on regular Instagram pages – lots of candid photos and cute sayings. I don’t see Britt’s Instagram page as a promo piece to promote her for The Bachelorette as I see it in Kaitlyn’s case. And yes, you absolutely can buy ‘fans’ on Instagram, but I digress. I think this was Kaitlyn’s campaign and she did very well with it.)

So now we have a huge following for Kaitlyn getting in the way of Britt for The Bachelorette. What the heck are you going to do with that? The producers are savvy if nothing else – they take the decision out of their hands and give it to the competing bachelors. The producers are not going to get as much flack for having Britt as The Bachelorette if it’s… wait for it… someone *else* choosing her. Let’s face it, why even bother with Britt? The public seems to love Kaitlyn more – her fans are very vocal and the cheer at the ATFR seems to be in her favor. Why not just make Kaitlyn The Bachelorette and forget about Britt? Well, here’s the rub: the producers’ want Britt. And they’re pretty sure that the bachelors are going to want Britt and even the people that adore Kaitlyn are pretty much saying that Britt’s going to get the nod from the guys over Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn is funny; she can be crude, rude and hilarious and she’s fun to watch. But she’s more like one of the guys. And I love her for it. But Britt? Simply put, Britt has “it”. Funny, smart, articulate, adorable, gorgeous. I think Britt will get the nod.

I’d love to see how the producers would have both girls stay for most of the season. I have no idea how that would work or if it would work, but it sure would be interesting.

20. fcew

March 10, 2015 at 1:57 PM

People can’t really relate to Britt. Kaitlyn has that in spades. I don’t see Britt as being BEAUTIFUL the way that most people do, and find Kaitlyn infinitely more interesting with oodles more personality. Britt is one of those girls that changes to suit the guy she is with. She needs to grow up and figure out who she really is before trying to find a husband.

I’m another who won’t watch if Britt is Bachelorette.

There seems to be a LOT of negative backlash against this whole idea of competing bachelorettes of ABC’s. Kaitlyn has a much much larger fan base, so I think that if Britt is “chosen” the ratings will be much lower than they think.

21. caffeinequeen

March 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM

A few thoughts…
    If the new season of Bachelorette has the guys choosing on night one, I think they’re likely to go with Britt based on the hotness scale (though I think Kaitlyn is very pretty as well) and her very touchy-feely-huggy style. Britt acts genuine by saying the right things, but “act” is the operative word there.
    I’ll still watch the show. Britt will be the non-Southern version of “y’all are breakin’ my heart” DeAnna season with even more drama and tears.

I agree with you rob22 about these “see, I was right!” posts. It sounds so defensive, and it’s just boring.

About the guys… I like Brady from a looks standpoint only.

22. bear2000

March 10, 2015 at 2:22 PM

@rob22 – nail on the head, my friend. I could barely get through the 1st paragraph of RS’s customary self-congratulatory know-it-all speech. Blech! RS made a comment about why people hate when he’s right – ummmm….have your read yourself lately dude? You’re snarky and defensive and condescending to your readers and hell…why don’t you just stick a “nah nah na boo boo” on the end! Jesus! Like RS says, he doesn’t do this spoiling for “Sh*ts and Giggles” – its his job. So why do you have to shove it down our throats just for “doing your job”? Yay for you – you did your job. Whoopty doo. I did my job today too. So did millions of other people. Get over it.

23. gg301

March 10, 2015 at 3:03 PM

LOL, I love the gloating. Ignore the haters and morons Steve. They deserve to have their faces rubbed in it.

24. vessel

March 10, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I’ve always been the first person to call BS when fans whine “I won’t watch if _____ is the Bachelor/ette” But this may be the one season that could be true for me, if they choose Britt to stay. I mean I’ll DVR it, and read RS, and if something sounds interesting I’ll maybe watch a partial episode here and there, but likely not the whole season. Bitterly disappointed Kaitlyn is needlessly cheated out of the entire spotlight. I’ve never looked forward to a lead half as much, then to shove Britt into the mix? Please…Worse Bach decision than even the Juan Pablo debacle, imho. There have been plenty of snoozer seasons (Desiree, cough cough) that could have used some shaking up and life breathed into it, where was this nonsense then? No chance Kaitlyn couldn’t have pulled this off brilliantly all on her own.

25. gailer

March 10, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Yes, Nikki’s ex is good looking, but the fact he dated her…

26. ashleigh11

March 10, 2015 at 3:33 PM

I like both girls, but I’m Team Britt. Drilling down her behaviour and looking at it honestly, she really did nothing wrong to warrant all the backlash she’s gotten. She was focused on Chris and figuring out their connection and probably – due to the isolation of the show – talked herself into thinking that she might be into the small town farm lifestyle – pretty much like every single other girl this season. Yet for some reason, she was the only one to receive all the hate and criticism. I think she’s a sweet girl and really a girl’s girl – I can’t remember a time when she badmouthed anyone else on the show. Yes, she should have held back when she didn’t receive the hometown rose on the group date, but big deal. I really saw nothing (other than sneaky editing) to make me think badly of her. Something about her seems to bring out female insecurities among some women and make them go into full blown catty-attack mode. I have absolutely nothing against Kaitlyn, but will definitely be cheering for Britt to get the role this season. She just has a certain “It” factor.

27. justforfun

March 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM

@vessel- completely agree. I feel the same way, I will not watch this season if it’s Britt. I can’t stand her and it has nothing to do with me being jealous of her beauty.
    I find it insulting that all of the Britt supporters claim that any woman who can’t stand her is simply jealous of her beauty. Completely ridiculous!! It’s her personality! There have been plenty of beautiful Bachelorettes, Emily for example, that most women liked.
    I also find it interesting that a lot of the former contestants (Sean, Catherine, Des, Andi……..) are all supporting Kaitlyn. Apparently they are also jealous of Britt’s beauty too???! LOL.

28. Athena

March 10, 2015 at 3:50 PM

I like both Britt and Kaitlyn, and think either would be fine as the Bachelorette. My beef is with the entire concept of the “two of them competing”. Granted, I believe it will make for great tv, and I’ll certainly watch, but having a “popularity contest” is degrading to both of them, imo. Ick.

29. vessel

March 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM

@Athena totally agree. The woman is supposed to hold the power on the Bachelorette, and what do they do? Put all the power into the hands of a bunch of guys who’ve been hitting up the open bar all night. Makes me ill. How humiliating for the poor devastated woman who has to go home, not just rejected by one, as per usual, but rejected en masse in front of millions.

@ashleigh11, I think you’ve forgotten when Britt bad mouthed Kaitlyn to Chris, and accused him of “rewarding inappropriate behavior” by him giving her the group date rose on that overnight camp-out date. That wasn’t exactly sisterly to try and get him to second guess his decisions. That was a game of truth or dare, and to add insult to injury Britt wasn’t even on that date so she was going based on second hand information..

30. Penthe

March 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM

I already find the Bachelorette show extremely boring compared to the Bachelor show so when I say If I don’t like the girl playing the Bachelorette I won’t watch, well I really mean it. I did not watch Ali’s season nor Andi’s.

I don’t understand these people who watch a show when they despise the female lead. I just can’t watch Britt knowing just how fake and self-centered she is. She looks so awkward and Kaitlin is just being herself and laughing/joking.

31. reporterross

March 10, 2015 at 4:26 PM

@ illylover- I agree! However, I thought that Kaitlyn was going to be officially named Bachelorette (at the end) until producers decided to also pull in Britt. You could tell Kaitlyn was pissed and annoyed at last night’s ATFR…I think it’s going to be great to see both Kaitlyn and Britt on the Bachelorette and I would really love to see the whole season with both girls competing…

32. fcew

March 10, 2015 at 4:27 PM

“You know, the camping date, I was just hearing things, like, I know you gave Kaitlyn another rose, but I heard that it was after, that she was like taking her clothes off, and like, other girls did that, a lot of talk about sex, and you know, a lot of the women were actually thinking about going home after that because they felt like they were on your date, like a third wheel. And I was like, if I was there would I have felt the same way? you know what I’m saying? I just want to know why those actions and behaviors were being validated?……..It’s just been rose rose rose to her and I just want to know where you’re coming from. We’ve all wondered and I just wanted to ask.” – Britt to Chris, after the camping date. Transcribed.

33. ltigert

March 10, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I’m sorry, I had to completely bypass the majority of the reader e-mails embedded into this article. The spelling errors made my eyes bleed.
    However, congrats, Steve, once again on your coverage of this season! Can’t wait to see how the next season pans out. Thanks for keeping me entertained!

34. toaster

March 10, 2015 at 5:25 PM

When Britt questioned why Chris rewarded Kaitlyn’s bad behaviour after Kaitlyn stripped off her clothing in the midst of all the women, Britt was merely saying out loud what the majority of the other women, if not all of them, were thinking. Kaitlyn’s actions were disrespectful to everyone there. That was the first time I realized what a jerk Chris is, for taking offense for hearing the truth. Chris said he was looking for a woman like his sisters. Had his sisters been there, no doubt his sisters would have echoed Britt’s sentiments and laid into him even more so. Regardless of what happens next season I’m glad for Britt’s sake she isn’t with Chris because she does deserve far better.

35. justforfun

March 10, 2015 at 5:28 PM

@athena- I agree about the competition part also. One could argue though that they both agreed to it. It would have been nice if Kaitlyn told ABC no way, I will only agree to a solo gig. She must want it too much. I wonder if they both get paid for that first night? Or if the one that continues is the only one they pay? Kaitlyn seems to be a strong person, so if she’s the rejected one, hopefully she will be able to deal with the rejection. She also has lots of supporters which will help.

It’s funny that this is the only thing people are talking about. Chris and Whitney who??? LOL. After watching them last night, and this morning on GMA, I have to agree with RS, don’t see them lasting. He is a dolt, can barely form sentences. Listening to him talk about what drew him to Whitney on GMA made my ears bleed. Ick.

36. toaster

March 10, 2015 at 5:42 PM

I agree with you Ashleigh11. Women can sometimes be other women’s worst enemies, and terribly catty. The over the top, relentless need to bring Britt down when she’s done nothing so terrible to warrant all this is a case of bullying and female behaviour at its worst. Those doing it will just do as Carly did – dig themselves in deeper by refusing to admit the gross overreaction. Sometimes it’s best just to admit the truth and that that strong reaction is motivated by other things inside the accusers, not anything Britt has actually done. It’s a ridiculous witch hunt. Defending ugly behaviour, like Carly’s, is siding with the bully but unfortunately we see that in real life all the time, where mean people often have allies in others who are being equally vicious. Britt wouldn’t lower herself to bullying others nor side with bullies, and that makes her character superior to everyone trying to bring her down. She’s more than just a pretty face. Beauty is skin deep but ugliness cuts right through to the bone as they say, and nowhere is ugliness more apparent than in the need to bully others and judge them mercilessly. I still remember how Carly would smile and take pleasure in Britt’s pain and tears. To side with someone as morally deficient and emotionally bankrupt as Carly is a sign of how cold and mean-spirited our society has become.

37. monalisamiami

March 10, 2015 at 5:48 PM

I know the Ryan guy’s a total player and jerk to girls. He’ll be more into himself than Kaitlyn or Britt. Complete douche with a bad rep.

38. fcew

March 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM

@toaster You see, but that’s the thing, it wasn’t just Kaitlyn that was stripping during the game of truth or dare, apparently there were others doing it as well was it Ashley I that we saw topless?). She isn’t calling the others out too, she is singling out Kaitlyn because she feels threatened by Kaitlyn in that moment.

The funny/slightly ironic thing is, Britt is saying that the other women were complaining that it felt that they were on Kaitlyn and Chris’s date, but we only saw Britt complaining about it to Chris and nothing in ITMs or group discussion from the other women. Contrast that directly to every single woman that was on the singing/Big & Rich date being upset and crying during ITMs and after Chris left because they felt like they were on Britt and Chris’s date. I tend to think that if there was footage of some big “Kaitlyn and Chris had a date with nudity and sex talk and we let like we were just along for the ride” discussion group, they surely would have shown that.

Frankly, thinking back to that date, the first and only person (that I can think of) who would be offended by nudity and sex talk while threatening to leave would be Kelsey, who was clearly miserable on that date and actively already wanted to leave due to her discomfort with the camping in general. And since Britt was the only person who could stand Kelsey, that makes sense that those Kelsey would whine to Britt about how she was uncomfortable and wanted to leave.

39. justforfun

March 10, 2015 at 6:06 PM

@toaster- I haven’t noticed any catty behavior or “bullying” amongst the women posters that don’t like Britt. I find her behavior to be disingenuous & narcissistic. Case in point when she went off on Chris in front of Kaitlyn for giving Kaitlyn the rose.
    Fine, you like her. Many people don’t, and it has nothing to do with being jealous or catty.

40. keenkristen

March 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM

OMG! Ryan Beckett is the last person I thought I would see on this show! He is def not looking for love and is a huge player! Totally full of himself!! Hopefully he gets cut early!

41. angelsbbfan

March 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM

So glad those who tried saying you were wrong were WRONG themselves.
    I love reading your spoilers, it’s way more exciting to watch the show knowing how it ends.
    Of the 7 guys you’ve shown us I’m kind of wondering where they found these guys…. not seeing any lookers at the moment. Maybe the other 18 will be better.
    Can’t wait to find out who the guys will choose on night one.
    Thanks for your hard work on the blogs, spoilers & webcasts.

42. missannmcd

March 10, 2015 at 7:25 PM

It would be awful enough to see Britt make those creepy scary ugly crybaby faces if she lost to Kaitlyn but to see them for the whole season? NO can do! Please, if there is a God….. lol

43. keenkristen

March 10, 2015 at 7:36 PM

@monalisamiami your so right about Ryan B…horrible rep …hope Kaitlyn/Britt see right through the act

44. hattiebloom

March 10, 2015 at 8:10 PM

So if you find the pages of repetitive gloat and re-printed emails to be some sort of self-congratulatory vomit – you’re a hater. Or….as Steve put it, “these people are allowed to reproduce?”

If this were my column, I’d write one thing in today’s column and that would be. — BAM.

Then I’d follow it up the next day with pics of the guys.

This has been one of the more painful columns to read.

Note: this is a comment board. Just because my thoughts differ from yours doesn’t mean I’m a hater or a yitch. I’m expressing myself just like you are. Some of you who get so disgruntled over a differing opinion. Yeesh.

45. cjscjs711

March 10, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Producers went too far in using Britt to create drama among the women. If Chris had grabbed the hand of any one of those women and said, “Let’s go,” and run off down the street someone, probably every single one of them would have done what Britt did, gone right along with it. I doubt further any one of them would have said, upon getting a rose, “Wait, hold off! Shouldn’t we do this in front of the others instead of in private?”

Of course not.

Or upon seeing he was taking one to a Big and Rich concert said, “Wait, Chris. Maybe the other women want to be on this date with us. Maybe all of them!” Wouldn’t everyone opt for a cozy and romantic date with someone you’re into – with a bunch of other women who want him too?

Of course not.

They would have done just what Britt did. Accept it and make the most of it. Except one might have used the opportunity to complain about Britt, instead of focusing on her own relationship.

And whose idea was it to walk into the room, a bunch of women sitting around, staring coldly with stares that could kill – and mutter and stumble on words, no sensible apology, and walk out leaving Britt to deal with the aftermath – that he created – by herself. Did anyone seriously expect them to take out their hurt and frustration on Chris?

Rachel Dratch asked Ashley I. “How hard was it, when you feel you have this connection, and then you see other people….” and Ashley answered they really didn’t see other people’s connections, only Britt’s and Kaitlyn’s. Probably because it was in their faces all the time.

Bachelorette – all these girl problems will be gone. She’ll be the ONLY female.

46. cjscjs711

March 10, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Oops. Pressed Post too soon. IF Britt is chosen to be Bachelorette.

47. momma3j

March 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Congrats & Thanks to Steve, not so much for getting the spoiler right (I had no doubts), but for continuing to contribute to this site. I started following after Jason’s season, don’t comment often, but read a lot. There have been many times I was disgusted with how conceited Steve comes across in his AFTR post. BUT, I did not get that impression this time. Those of you complaining should at least acknowledge 1. he pointed out it wasn’t directed at any of the loyal readers who follow the site and 2. he THANKED us. Sheesh.

Now, as far as everything else, here goes…

I disagree on having 2 Bachelorettes not being possible “because there would be four 1-on-1 dates and two group dates per episode.” Why not send each Bachelorette on one group date with a mix of guys who did and didn’t pick them on Night 1. As for the 1-on-1 dates, maybe they could alternate each week: one of them gets two one week and the other gets one, then vice versa. Not rocket science. If the producers want to make their 30th season truly different, they should seriously consider it. It’s one of two scenarios that will almost guarantee I will watch.

The other is Kaitlyn as the sole Bachelorette.

Regarding Britt as the Bachelorette. My extreme dislike of her has absolutely nothing to do with her pretty face and everything to do with her ugly personality. She is fake. She is manipulative. She is controlling (“give me the group date rose, or else!” and then she threatens to leave when she didn’t get it? please!) She is high maintenance. She is needy. She definitely did not come across as someone who wants to find love and settle down. If she is chosen as the Bachelorette, it will be an insult to those of us who are intelligent enough to see through her outer beauty and see the real Britt: fake fake fake.

As others have mentioned above, if Britt is the Bachelorette, I will not be watching this season. I am not a fan of cleaning up puke and that is exactly what will happen every Monday night if she is chosen. If the producers are concerned about ratings, then they REALLY need to take into consideration what the majority public vote is: we want Kaitlyn!!! People have compared Britt to Andi. If the latter’s season generated the worst ratings in however long (I don’t remember what Steve posted), then Britt’s will surely be worse than Andi’s.

On the flip side, if Britt is chosen and the bulk of her “men” are players, then it will serve her right. She’ll get played and at the end get DUMPED at the Final Rose Ceremony because, as Karma will have it, she will surely pick someone that wanted Kaitlyn to be the Bachelorette. Or she’ll throw a temper tantrum for any number of reasons and make the producers look like jackasses for allowing her to participate in the first place.

Frankly, Britt’s kind of drama belongs on BIP 2, not The Bachelorette. With that said, if Britt ends up on BIP 2, I am not sure I will watch that either. We had a pretty rough winter in Chicago this year. I will be spending a lot of time outdoors this Spring and Summer.

48. momma3j

March 10, 2015 at 9:48 PM

As for the Big & Rich group date: give me a break! That should have been handled like any other group date. If Chris wanted to give it to Britt, fine, BUT do it BEFORE going to the private concert. I believe it was producer-driven and they are the reason all of the animosity toward Britt started. If they followed the usual routine, the other girls would have gone back to their hotel and not hear about the concert until it was over. At least, they wouldn’t have been sitting there wondering WTF they disappeared to and why Britt came back with the rose when they never saw one on the table in the first place. It’s all about the drama the producers want to cause. Don’t forget: Chris signed a contract too. He has to do what the producers want. I don’t believe for a second he gets to choose anything that happens except for the final one.

49. elizabeth82

March 10, 2015 at 10:17 PM

It seemed like Chris would have picked Becca if she had either told him she loved him or told him her “5 year plan” included settling down in Iowa. But she couldn’t give him either assurance, so Whitney it was. Hopefully that doesn’t jeopardize their chances.

It’s frustrating how Britt fans are saying people must be jealous of her looks to not like her or want her to be the Bachelorette. She’s got model looks but her personality is not pretty: she puts on an act and is manipulative. To have the men choose between Britt and Kaitlyn after only one cocktail party unfortunately favors Britt because her true colors probably won’t be apparent yet and many of the men likely haven’t watched this season.

50. socialhermit

March 10, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Okay. Britt is undeniably “pretty” but not the least bit sexy. She’s kind of saccharine and ethereal. Initially, I thought she was cool, gorgeous and kind-hearted. Now, she’s kind of boring and …. desperate. For attention? Adoration? I don’t know. But she’s not sexy. She’s not dumb either – I think both her and Kaitlyn are bright, but I think the latter (K) is more enigmatic and sexy and reminds me of Megan Fox actually. I don’t even know if the guys would be wowed by Britt as much as they may be intrigued by Kaitylyn who is clearly sexier and a more interesting person. Also, just saying – Britt has no curves – no bum – no nothin – just kind of skinny with a pretty face and a very apologetic disposition. I mean, she seems nice enough but can’t get a read on her. I feel like she’s confused with who she is. Kaitlyn just seems more real, more interesting, more fun and way sexier. My two cents.