Daily Links

Who’s the “Bachelorette,” Yesterday’s Date, One Location They’re Headed This Season, & the Return of “Daily Links” 3/16

We’re four days into filming this season of the “Bachelorette” and already a lot of stuff to get out there. Of course, if you were following on Twitter yesterday, you’re aware by now who the “Bachelorette” is. We’ll get to that momentarily. Just wanted to start out first by saying welcome to the return of “Daily Links.” For some of you that weren’t around from Oct. through Dec. of 2013, basically every day I would link to entertainment/pop culture news stories that were of interest to me, along with throwing in my comments. Basically just a one stop shop where you can come to get the latest on your entertainment news. I will be doing this all the way until the “Bachelorette” starts on May 18th. Granted, I’m sure I’ll miss a few days here and there if I’m out of town traveling, but for the most part, it will be up every day. Of course, with the “Bachelorette” currently filming, any news I get about that, I will post as well and will usually take top billing for that day. But expect 15-20 stories daily of stuff that is interesting in the entertainment world. At least to me it’s entertaining. I will usually throw a couple sports stories in as well from time to time, you know, just so I can keep my man card intact. With all this “Bachelorette” stuff, sometimes I need to remind myself I have plenty of testosterone running through my body.

Ok, lets get to it. In case you missed it, yesterday at noon CST I tweeted this out:

I had some other tweets along with it, but nothing has changed. Kaitlyn is the “Bachelorette.” She was chosen by the guys. She was on the first group date of the season yesterday and Britt was nowhere to be found. Even after sending those tweets out where I couldn’t have made it any more clear I didn’t know what Britt’s role was, you know how many people tweeted at me, “So what is Britt’s role?” Exactly. My answer is still the same. I do not know as of now. When I do, I will tell you. One thing I do know is she is NOT a second “Bachelorette.” This is Kaitlyn’s season. She was chosen by the guys, she had a rose ceremony Friday night, and yesterday was her first date of the season. As far as how the vote breakdown went, and if Kaitlyn knows which guys voted for her and which didn’t, and what all happened on the first night, I don’t have any of those details yet. I’m sure I will at some point.

Like I said, I don’t know what role Britt has in the show, I just know she has one. They didn’t just send her on her way and say “See ya later.” She’s part of the season somehow, I just don’t know for how long and in what capacity. I’m pretty sure we can eliminate her as being some sort of co-host for the season. That’s not it. And even though the popular opinion on Twitter seems to be that she’s just gonna date the guys that Kaitlyn dumps, I don’t think that’s it either because that’d make her a second “Bachelorette.” That’s not it. I don’t want to guess at what it is because I know how some outlets will report it as fact, so I’ll reserve talking about Britt’s role this season until I hear exactly what it is. We’re going to find out. It’s just a matter of when at this point.

Now, lets get to yesterday’s date. Here is what I can tell you:

-It was a group date with 8 guys in downtown LA. I have all 8 guys, but only a few of those 8 were guys I’ve already given you. I’m gonna hold on to some of their names for the time being
-Once people checked in, they walked about a half a block to where the boxing ring was set up outside, but weren’t allowed to bring phones, hence the reason there were no pictures on social media of any of the guys or the fights. I mean, I’ve got pictures of limos pulling up before the date started, but that’s not all that interesting
-It was done like Ashley Hebert’s Muay Thai boxing date in Chaing Mai, Thailand except this was just boxing. The guys wore headgear. Same exact format though. Four 1-on-1 fights in Rd. 1, those 4 winners advance to have 2 semifinal matches, then those two winners face off in the final
-The final match ended in a knockout with the loser possibly suffering a concussion just like Ames did in Ashley’s season
-The fights were three 1 minute rounds. Laila Ali was the judge, and she sat with Chris Harrison and Kaitlyn during the fights and was the one who declared who the winner was
-One guy suffered a black eye in a first round match and was icing his face the rest of the date
-I will release the names of who was in every fight/who won at a later date, kinda like I did for the “Mister America” date in New Jersey on Des’ season. Some things I just have to hold on to because you never know how it might play out
-No rose was given out on this date to the winner. They all headed to the cocktail party afterwards where I’m sure a rose was given then
-Trina Scherenberg from Chris’ season was there in the stands. Had nothing to do with the date or the show, she was just there

So just like Chris had 2 group dates and a 1-on-1 in episode 2, I’m guessing that’s how Kaitlyn’s will be. Today will be a 1-on-1 date, then Tuesday is another “private taping” group date at a comedy club in Hollywood. A famous female comedian will be there, but it wasn’t announced who yet. I’ll tell you when I find out. (UPDATE 11:55am 3/16: It’s Amy Schumer.) So that date seems to be a rip off of Ashley and Jake’s season where they had the group go to a comedy club. I’m guessing they’ll have to perform some sort of stand up and/or improv. Geez, are they just gonna copy EVERY date from Ashley’s season? Also, on Thursday (which will be the beginning of episode 3), filming will be at Universal CityWalk.

So we know episode 1 was filmed over the course of Thurs & Fri. Saturday was an off day, and yesterday started episode 2. Episode 3 I’m assuming is in CA as well, but I can tell you now that filming will be in New York for episode 4. Roughly around March 24th-28th, give or take a day. Which goes in line with the past “Bachelorette” seasons that had them on an east coast city before they headed overseas:

Andi: 2 episodes in LA, episode 3 in Santa Barbara, episode 4 in Connecticut, then overseas
Des: 3 episodes in LA, episode 4 in New Jersey, then overseas
Emily: 3 episodes in North Carolina, episode 4 in Bermuda, then overseas
Ashley: didn’t do an east coast city since they flew west after leaving LA
Ali: 3 episodes in LA, episode 4 in New York, then overseas

I’m guessing since New York has a gazillion people crammed into their city like a pack of sardines, pretty much all those dates in NY are going to get spoiled on social media. Good. Makes it easier for me. Maybe not details of what happens, but I gotta believe people will post pictures of what they see. Remember, we didn’t have many of Chris’ dates spoiled publicly at all last season, which was the first time in a while. Already Kaitlyn’s first date is spoiled, her next group date is gonna spoiled, and a good chance when they’re at Universal CityWalk on Thursday, that’ll be spoiled too.

So there you have it. That’s everything I have up to this point. Write it down, study it, memorize it, and never ask me again “What’s Britt’s role” or I’ll pull my hair out. When I know, I will tell you. Now, on to your “Daily Links”…

1. cjscjs711

March 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM

@ ashleigh11 I had the same experience with Britt. I noticed, too, how social media overwhelmingly loved her, first few episodes. The PDAs and the Big and Rich concert did seem to be the turning point. Chris was the one who people really had the beef with, but no one wanted to confront him, just stew about Britt. And the editing.

I think people project a lot of experiences with characters and events from their own lives – why people can watch the same episode and have completely different takes on it.

I think Britt came across as being very bi-sexual; but to hear people beginning to ridicule her for it….. like it’s a bad thing…… why?? Add homophobia to the list of issues Britt triggers in people? She did seem more upset that the girls in the house, who she thought were her friends, spoke so badly of her on camera. They don’t see what people said in ITMs until the show airs. Chris: “It wasn’t because of what Carly said that I sent you home.” Britt: “That makes me feel better.” Kind of quixotic, if she was upset about losing Chris. After 4 months, no doubt she was over it. But seeing the show – behind the scenes edits – that was fresh.

2. illylover

March 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

You guys, I am enjoying myself immensely reading all your comments. I am laughing out loud, but not in a mean way. I am delighted by your arguments and counterarguments and debates.

It’s so much better and more entertaining when it’s real people discussing this stuff and not a bunch of trolls.

I love Britt and would have loved to see her as the Bachelorette but I have to admit I’m quite intrigued by the possibility of Kaitlyn unabashedly farting on national TV. My gosh, if she does I’m going to ask her to marry me! Even though I’m in (faux) love with Britt.

What the heck (and this a genuine question) are they going to do with Britt? I can’t even begin to imagine.

Good luck to Kaitlyn, I hope she doesn’t disappoint. I’m expecting her in all her glory: rude, crude and potty-mouthed. Don’t let them tame you, Kaitlyn!

3. justforfun

March 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM

@vessel- amen! I agree with everything you said.
    I can’t believe the Britt fan club is still going with the silly “women are just jealous of her beauty” argument. Give it a rest. There have been plenty of women on this show that are just as pretty as Britt, and they were liked by the majority of viewers. My guess is that the reason a lot of the viewers don’t care for her is based on how she came across on the show. It’s based on her tv persona, not her “stunning beauty” as her fans describe it.
    I saw someone that came across as very self centered that got upset when she wasn’t the star attraction. Someone who slept in her make up because she was concerned how she would look on camera early morning, someone who got upset when Kaitlyn got the group rose over her, and someone that threatened to leave the show because of that. She even made the comment that she couldn’t think of introducing someone to her father that didn’t think she was number one. Which on this show is a completely ridiculous thing to say. I could go on, but hopefully I’ve made my point.
    I am excited to watch Kaitlyn’s season, I think it will be entertaining!

4. angelfish

March 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I just have to ask if your user name refers to the coffee or something totally different?

5. vessel

March 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM

@justforfun, you said it! All of the reasons you cited, plus I could throw in a couple more, but again don’t wanna get into listing stuff, especially now that it’s all over and done with. In any case Britt’s looks have absolutely nothing to do with why people take issue with her (intelligent people, anyway). That reasoning is just stupid.

6. stevely

March 16, 2015 at 6:36 PM

“There have been plenty of women on this show that are just as pretty as Britt”

No, I don’t think so. Britt is model pretty. Very few women hit that.

I don’t believe that the men chose Kaitlyn. I think the producers did. And they had no choice as there is too much online negativity towards Britt. People don’t just favor Kaitlyn, they are disliking Britt. Not sure why they even had Britt for a night because it just gave people more chance to complain about her and threaten to not watch the show.

7. illylover

March 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM

@angelfish – I’m afraid it’s just boring old coffee and nothing more intriguing.

8. flightgirl

March 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Steve– Lily Collins is Phil Collin’s daughter.

9. justforfun

March 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM

@stevely, there have been plenty of models on this show, Nikki from JP’s season, and Courtney from Ben’s season just to name a few. The way people are going on about Britt’s looks, you would think she is the most beautiful woman to have ever been cast. Hardly.

10. flightgirl

March 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I think if the guys watched the show, they picked Kaitlyn. If they didn’t watch, then Britt.

I liked Britt at first. I didn’t watch the show but watched a few of the last episodes on Hulu. Those did it for me regarding Britt. I didn’t like her at all afterwards.

11. angelfish

March 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I lived in Italy for few years & got hooked on the coffee. I had to mail order if for years until it was available her in my town. Love it!

12. nesai

March 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I agree. Another friends with benefit bachelorette. Producers want her because they know she will bed many men at once. She’s so boring I can see why most of her dates have celeb guests just to get people to watch. Might as well watch a girls gone wild or the Jersey Shore. Lol Its ridiculous. She can’t hold her own.

13. cjscjs711

March 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

It’s not just that Britt has model beauty. Indeed there have been many beautiful models! I hate to say it, but beauty-wise I think it’s the Cheyenne. Sharleen was another with the unique beauty, whose mother was Chinese and father was French, English, and Aboriginal. I have found as retoucher and photographer that it is the beautiful minorities and mixed race who will stop the ADs from turning the page, spellbound. Not the perfect Nordic faces. So, for all but cosmetic beauty ads, the unique beauty – that cannot be bought with makeup – goes in my book.

But can we change the subject soon, shall we? What about Kelsey’s lawsuit? I think it’s a better idea to talk about it than to actually go through with it.

14. justforfun

March 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM

I’m tired of this debate too. The team Kaitlyn people will never be able to get the team Britt people to understand our point of view, and vice versa. We can just agree to disagree.
    Anyone see the farmer on DWTS? Not impressed. Chris Harrison was in the audience with Whitney. Maybe Britt is covering for him back on the bach set??! Ha!

15. momma3j

March 16, 2015 at 8:24 PM

While I am not a fan of Karina and certainly won’t miss her this season on DWTS, I am more than a little shocked she isn’t around to celebrate their 10th anniversary.

I am thrilled Kaitlyn is the Bachelorette! Congrats to her, I am sure she will be extremely entertaining. Couldn’t stop the “eye roll” when I read Steve’s tweet yesterday that Britt still has some role this season. I’d be willing to bet she comes back mid-season claiming she had an instant connection with one of the guys she met on the first night and wants to take him away with her. LOL

@angelfish, where in Italy did you live and when? I lived in southern Italy for almost three years: Jan. 1986-Oct. 1988. I have to admit, though, I am not familiar with the coffee you and @illylover are referring to.

16. momma3j

March 16, 2015 at 8:31 PM

@justforfun ~ EXCELLENT point about Jade. I completely agree with you! In fact, if the role for Bachelorette was between Jade and Britt, JADE would get my vote. I could list at least ten reasons why I feel that way, but won’t because, as you already said, the Britt fans will bypass the logic and read it as blah blah blah blah……

17. cjscjs711

March 16, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Love Jade and Britt both. I’ll watch regardless of who it is, for the blog entertainment….. and to hear Chris Harrison’s disingenuous comments (“It was not staged!”) lol

18. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 12:43 AM

“there have been plenty of models on this show, Nikki from JP’s season, and Courtney from Ben’s season just to name a few”

In my book, Nikki wasn’t model pretty. Courtney maybe. But women didn’t warm up to either of those two. You need an example of a real beauty – a woman with model looks (whether or not she has modeled for a living) that women were on board with.

“The way people are going on about Britt’s looks, you would think she is the most beautiful woman to have ever been cast.”

She’s up there, if not the top. And particularly with the ones that make it to the end. There are some beauties that inexplicably get cast aside each season and we don’t get to know well.

But the great dislike that women have for Britt to me says “she’s VERY pretty”. She wasn’t mean or back-stabbing, so it is hard to understand the hate without a “too pretty to be liked by the other girls” situation.

19. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 12:49 AM

“I have found as retoucher and photographer that it is the beautiful minorities and mixed race who will stop the ADs from turning the page, spellbound. Not the perfect Nordic faces.”

Are we really supposed to know what an AD is?

20. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 12:51 AM

“and to hear Chris Harrison’s disingenuous comments”

I don’t like Chris Harrison and his constant nasal announcer voice. I wish they’d replace the guy.

21. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 1:36 AM

“While I am not a fan of Karina and certainly won’t miss her this season on DWTS I am more than a little shocked she isn’t around to celebrate their 10th anniversary.

She is now a part of a traveling show called Dancing Pros Live! Two formers pros who were not asked back by the DWTS producers at some point – Chelsea Hightower and Edyta Sliwinsksa, are also part of that. I I saw her name advertised as being on that show’s site before the last season was over so she had committed to it back then. Presumably she would have been asked back if she hadn’t gotten that gig, but who knows, maybe they had already had a falling out and were in their last go round, when she signed up for it.

22. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 1:41 AM

“Oh, I forgot Jade. She is a model also. Why weren’t women hating on her? Especially with her playboy past??”

Jade was a model, but she isn’t model pretty. She is pretty, no doubt about it, but she won’t make heads snap in a bar the way Britt would. We are talking about “model pretty”, not just someone who has been paid to model in swimsuits or nude. And women weren’t on Team Jade. Some were tsk tsking her for the nude modeling, but she didn’t have any appreciable amount of women on her bandwagon (outside the Soules sisters (who didn’t know about the nude modeling).

23. beebifidum

March 17, 2015 at 2:53 AM

I believe a lot of people who swear that Britt is the most beautiful woman ever on the show (or top 2-3) are confusing true physical beauty vs. being extremely striking.

Britt falls into the 2nd category. She walks into a room and EVERYONE notices. Bam! She has an ‘it’ factor that gets attention quickly.

But if you look at Britt’s hollywood-style headshot, she is pretty, yes, but not any moreso than Jade or Becca. I actually think the latter two are prettier than Britt, however they don’t get noticed in the same way.

There are also male equivalents to Britt. Before Sylvester Stallone became famous, he tried to be a background extra for the Godfather movie. When they were filming, the director/cameraman noticed that he ‘stood out’ too much in the scenes.

By hollywood standards, Stallone was just average looking — he wasn’t any Robert Redford — but he had enough of that ‘it’ factor that he was a distraction nonetheless. So they replaced him with someone who didn’t pull attention away from the main actors in the film.

24. angelfish

March 17, 2015 at 5:51 AM

I lived from 1998 to 2001 in tiny San Vito dei Normanni, about 12 miles from Brindisi. Loved it!

25. bugsmeany

March 17, 2015 at 7:01 AM

>>> In my book, Nikki wasn’t model pretty. Courtney maybe. (stevely)

That’s right. Nikki was the epitome of “anyone paid to be photographed is a model.” She could look ROUGH. Britt doesn’t have a single bad angle. Her face is just remarkable.

26. keddo

March 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM

As a guy, I don’t think I could be serious about a woman until I had a pretty good idea what she looked like without makeup. Viewers have no clue what Britt really looks like. Maybe she’s attractive bare-faced; we just don’t know. In defense of her “drama,” however, I think that in day-to-day real-life circumstances, she would be upbeat, fun, sincere, and uncomplicated. I get the impression that she is extremely loyal, and if those closest to her are sincere with and loyal to her, she will continue to be positive in spite of external circumstances. Yes, she will require some emotional maintenance, but it would be a small price to pay for the jewel she seems to be. I’m glad that she won’t be exposed to the damaging publicity that continuing on as the Bachelorette would give her.
    The one previous cast member that I really wanted to see as the Bachelorette, is Sharleen Joynt. Beautiful, classy, intelligent, funny, and warm, she would make for excellent television. Viewers would quickly be rooting for her. It’s probably in her best interest, however, that she is already engaged, and has a better chance of living a normal life than if she got into a more intense spotlight.

27. vessel

March 17, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes knock-out beauty, and Yes Britt is VERY pretty, but in my opinion she probably wouldn’t make my top ten list, even, of this show. I would put Rozlyn Papa, Chantal O’Brien, Michelle, Money, Gia Allemande, Emily Maynard, Courtney Robertson, and several others whose names escape me all above of Britt in the looks department. This would be why we have the phrase “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”

March 17, 2015 at 9:56 AM

@beebifidum – Agree. Britt is striking. She has the “it” factor. That’s why she’d fire up the guys. Oh well, that ship has (half) sailed.

As for Jade, I would have heartily endorsed her as The Bachelorette as long as she brought her wild child with her. Not the demure little girl next door look she brought to The Bachelor. But, of course, that would never happen. To The Bachelor, Jade was a side show to generate ratings.They would never put her front and center. Old McDonald’s season seemed to have a lot of side shows & it did make it interesting. Look at all the back and forth STILL on Britt & Kaitlyn, with some Jade, Becca and Carly thrown in. That’s not even mentioning the Kelsey side show and the two crazy Ashley’s side shows. Has there ever been a season with this many crazy women? Notice that Whitney’s barely mentioned, and she WON. Not enough drama there to generate comments.

29. modestmouse

March 17, 2015 at 2:12 PM

As a straight dude who watches the Bachelor, I’d like to offer a fresh, and hopefully thought-provoking angle to this discussion.

It’s hilarious how the majority of social media is women arguing over the assumed opinions of men. To sum up what I’ve seen online in the last few weeks:

– “If it was up to the men, they’d definitely choose Britt. She’s so much more gorgeous!”

– “It was rigged! No way 25 men chose Kaitlyn over Britt. Kaitlyn is a potty mouth and has ugly teeth.”

And my personal favorite:
    – “95% of Kaitlyn’s fans are FEMALES, and 95% of Britt’s fans are MALES!” (yes I actually saw this somewhere *chuckle*)

I know I speak for MOST men here, but it’s very insulting to be labeled as this simpleton who only chooses the hottest girl. And then, when the men chose the smart, witty, humorous one, our choice is then discredited by the “it was rigged by producers” accusation. There’s no winning for us!

Although I’ve only watched the past few years of the Bachelor and Bachelorette because my girlfriend is a huge fan (and I have to guiltily admit that I do find the show slightly addicting), I would consider myself a devoted enough “fan” to offer a valuable opinion.

From a guy’s perspective — I liked Kaitlyn more. And let me preface this by saying I have no “middle school popularity inferiority complex induced grudges” against Britt, and as a dude, I’m certainly not “jealous of her beauty” (this argument makes me LOL over and over again).

Even editing/personality aside, I actually found Kaitlyn physically more beautiful from the very first night. Perhaps she’s just more my taste – she kind of gave off that Adriana Lima vibe for me… sexy, toned figure, slim yet athletic, striking blue eyes, pouty lips, olive skin and dark hair. Britt was definitely gorgeous, no doubt, but she had so much makeup on that it turned me off a little bit. Same with Ashley I, very hot but too much makeup. Kaitlyn and Jade stood out to me the first night based on looks alone. Believe it or not, ladies — most men do not prefer caked on eyeshadow, fake lashes, and bright red lips all the time.

I don’t want to generalize, because men’s taste in women vary as much as women’s taste in men, but from MY personal perspective, and the perspective of many of my peers, it’s a rare gem to find a woman like Kaitlyn – who is attractive AND has a sharp, witty, dirty sense of humor. Someone who gives us boners and seems like she can really hang with the dudes and have a good time.

Just like women, men also want a “best friend” in a partner, and Kaitlyn fits just that. She’s cool, she’s confident yet down to earth, she’s hilarious, and she’s sexy. She’s the type of girl you could have an amazing sexual connection with, and still want to hang out with the next day.

For Britt, I only could see a sexual attraction, but I couldn’t see anything enjoyable in “hanging out” with her. Here’s why:

And of course, the next assessment I have can be taken with a grain of salt because I know many of these contestants’ true natures gets distorted in the editing room, but from what I’ve heard from Britt since Episode 4 (right? The one where Kaitlyn go tthe group date rose in the camping date?), she immediately threw a giant red flag — asking Chris why he gave Kaitlyn a rose and why her “sexual” behaviors were being validated. I immediately cringed upon watching that. Not because she acted jealous – that is expected of this situation – but because of the WAY she asked Chris and claimed that “many of the girls were thinking about going home that night” and “we all just wanted to know blah blah” – this is just DRIPPING with manipulation. No editing room could’ve forced these words into her mouth, and you can tell… She’s jealous of Kaitlyn (that’s ok), wants to taint Kaitlyn’s image in front of Chris (mean, but still understandable), and doesn’t want to seem immature and petty so she frames her words in a way that puts the blame on Chris by stating HE is at fault for validating negative behaviors and isolating other women (NOT ok).

From a man’s perspective, I don’t expect anyone to not feel jealousy (men included), and seeing jealousy in a partner is not a big deal for me beacuse it’s such a commonplace emotion (in real life and especially on a show like the Bachelor). However, manipulation and mind games is a BIG no no. If I were Chris, I’d rather just see Britt come up to me and say “Hey, I noticed you gave Kaitlyn three roses in a row, and that makes me feel a little insecure since I haven’t had much time with you since the first night, and I want to make sure you’re still thinking of me because I really like you.” Just say it like it is, don’t try to trick me into feeling bad about my decision about Kaitlyn. Many women on social media accused Chris of only wanting a woman who can stroke his ego and not speak her mind because of his reaction towards Britt’s outspokenness. I can assure you, that’s not the case. Most want women who can challenge them intellectually and keep them interested (and not ego-stroking — that gets dull if someone only agrees with you 100% of the time), but NOT a woman who, via a personal agenda, will try to take down his integrity and his decisions.

Anyway after that incident, Britt was always a huge red flag to me. And believe it or not, I don’t actually feel she did anything wrong by telling him she loves Arlington. Think of it this way — you’re in the early stages of dating/courtship and you want to put your best foot forward, obviously you’re not going to be 100% candid in your words in front of that person. I totally understand her trying to be agreeable and pleasant around him, especially in regards to his hometown which you can tell means a lot to him.

Let me give you an example: If you first started dating a guy (or girl) who you really liked, and let’s say he was super into hockey and took you to an NHL game on a date. You are a hockey novice, and you don’t find it THAT interesting. After seeing him being so passionate and excited during the games, and seeing his collection of signed posters and Jersey of his favorite NHL players, and then he asks you “So what did you think of your first hockey game?” Are you REALLY going to reply with your honest opinion of “Eh, I’m not that into it. It’s boring”? OR are you going to try to put your best foot forward and be optimistic and say “It was really fun! A very exciting and interesting sport to watch, and I’m so happy you gave me the opportunity to see it for the first time!”

Is that being fake or manipulative? No. That’s just trying to make a good impression on someone you want to date.

There are no malicious intentions in trying to adapt and be open to your partner’s interests. There ARE malicious intentions in trying to poison your partner’s mind and make him feel guilty about his interests (I’m referring to Kaitlyn as the interest here).

And don’t get me started on Britt’s confrontation with Chris at the Women Tell All, when she first devoted her entire speech to trying to discredit Carly and telling him passive aggressively “It’s OK you sent me home because of Carly, because she duped me too so I don’t blame you for being duped”, and then 5 seconds later when he assured her it wasn’t because of Carly, she responts with “I know you didn’t send me home because of Carly, you’re not that small minded”. Another red flag of manipulation.

Wow didn’t mean to type such a long comment. But I’ve been doing a lot of reading and not a lot of talking, so I guess this was my way of unleashing a lot of pent up thoughts.

Thanks for listening folks.

30. mush

March 17, 2015 at 2:13 PM

britt looks young. popular american culture today likes the young look, the round cheek look. dont get pissed out there for me saying this, but its the child look, the look we have in our faces before we become adults and our rounder faces get more angles. its the boy band look. the bratz doll look. britt has the look that is sought after currently. im not dissing her, just saying. britt looks like my daughter, adorable. beauty is subjective. i personally like the johnny depp look with strong cheek bones. i also like striking eyes like kaitlyn has. i think michelle money is drop dead gorgeous. interesting conversation here about beauty, guys. thanks for all you contribute. the comments are the funnest part of this bachelor craze for me.

31. mush

March 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM

@modestmouse omg, well said. i agree. britt manipulates. did you notice how abc deleted their youtube uploads of from chris’ season? im sure its so we can see how manipulative britt really is.

32. vessel

March 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM

@modestmouse Really insightful collection of thoughts. Thanks for not just reading, but jumping in, too.

@mush someone else on here said Britt resembles a Bratz doll, and once I read it now I can’t unsee it, you’re right.

33. justforfun

March 17, 2015 at 4:06 PM

@modest mouse (fan of the band?!) Glad to see you join the conversation! Your comments were refreshing to read. A lot of women (myself included) feel the same way about Britt. Which is why I found it so infuriating to have my preference for Kaitlyn as the Bachelorette reduced to I must be jealous of Britt’s beauty. It couldn’t possibly be that I didn’t like her onscreen behavior.

@vessel, I agree with your list of women that you find more attractive than Britt. I had forgotten about Gia, RIP. She was stunning, and came across as having a beautiful & sweet personality too. I also liked Courtney after reading her book, and think she is beautiful. I thought Becca, and Samantha were beautiful too.
    Really though, the show doesn’t cast any plain Jane types, some are more attractive than others, and sometimes a person’s personality & onscreen behavior makes them more or less attractive.

34. elizabeth82

March 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Enjoyed reading the comments here.

@modestmouse: good post. I like how u crystallized Britt’s behavior as manipulative, that’s totally what it is, and it makes her dishonest.

@rob22: I disagree that this is necessarily going to be a Friends with Benefits season of the Bachelorette. I think that’s oversimplifying Kaitlyn.

35. ihateipads

March 17, 2015 at 6:05 PM

I have a feeling they sent britt on a vacation. I mean think about it both girls put their lives on hold for another 2 months and quit their jobs said goodbyes, hoping that theyll be voted as the next bachelorette. Not only is it humiliating to be rejected on national tv AGAIN they have 2 months free so i just feel like as a compensation the producers sent the losing girl on a nice vacation or anything fun to keep them occupied for 2 months

36. cjscjs711

March 17, 2015 at 6:13 PM

@ stevely – Sry, the AD is the Art Director who heads the creative team on a campaign. Large companies may have a Creative Director above the AD who might book the models, photographers, creative team.

@ mush – Very right on the youth factor. “Attraction” in our society is driven by fertility (preservation of the species). The female ‘biological clock’ ticks much faster than the male so that is why women are so much more concerned with looking younger. By 30 fertility is in real decline and after 40 few and far between. Beauty is my business so I must understand without judgment.

Yes, many beauty standards and most popular cosmetic treatments harken to childhood traits, even babies. The “pouty lips” so sought after are seen most often in babies and children. After age 18 the lips start getting thinner and flatter. When women get implants or injections, as they lose tissue, lips flatten and the women get “duck lips” where the lips stick out like they are constantly making a kissy mouth. Real nuisance to retouch! Yes, you saw it on show, but I’m not naming names – don’t want start a new war!

The other big one is the cheek implants. They are tricky because as the cheek loses tissue naturally with age, can wind up with the “cheek pillows” you can literally see, like Madonna had before she had ther implants redone.

My job as retoucher is to make whatever model they give me fit the bill for the job. For “beauty” retouch they want perfection and not much uniqueness so audience can identify. Britt has that bone structure that doesn’t quit no matter what angle; Katilyn has those gorgeous blue to blue-green eyes they are small but making them bigger is not too hard and looks like what some retouchers have done. They shoot her a lot from above, that makes eyes look bigger but you can’t do that for always… Nose on both is not perfect and would need retouch for beauty. Easiest lips: Bitt. Nikki and Courtney would be very good for catalog – regular, nothing bad nothing great, features that would not upstage the clothes. Britt and Kaitlyn would be too short for fashion and runway. Tho I think designers would fall in love with Britt’s energy, style, hair, connection with audience and I bet they’d make something fit her. Britt I could see doing editorial with her unique looks, except for the 5’5″.

That’s my take, which I think is a pretty standard one. IMO Britt would be better off acting than modeling and Kaitlyn should stick to her dancing and dance instruction. Tho didn’t even Andi get some modeling jobs after her season? And she certainly doesn’t fit any modeling standards – happened because of the show.

37. fcew

March 17, 2015 at 6:17 PM

@modestmouse thank you for analyzing the situation perfectly and expressing it so eloquently. I agree 100%. Britt was fine and well and good until she started manipulating him after the camping date. As Whitney said, “looks aren’t everything.” (And I think that’s the closest Whitney ever got to talking badly about anyone!)

Interesting note after today’s daily links, in an interview with Chris S, apparently he almost gave the First Impression rose to Kaitlyn instead of Britt.

38. stevely

March 17, 2015 at 6:51 PM

‘”@Stevely, you do realize your opinions on the level of Britt’s beauty as it compares to other franchise contestants is just that, ‘YOUR opinion’, right?”

39. momma3j

March 17, 2015 at 7:49 PM

@modestmouse ~ Thank you for an excellently written POV and summary of what many Kaitlyn-Becca-Jade-Carly-Whitney fans have been expressing for several weeks.
    Side note: if you ever start a blog (or already have one), I hope you will share the link. I really like your writing style. If you’ve never thought about starting a blog or other written work, I think you should consider it.

40. momma3j

March 17, 2015 at 8:00 PM

@stevely wrote:
    “It isn’t a matter of is Britt the best looking of all the women who “went looking for love”, it is just a matter of is she so good looking – crossing a threshold – that women react negatively. I think the answer is yes. YOUR opinion can be different.”

MY opinion is most definitely different. It is extremely offensive to imply (or even flat out accuse) a woman will react negatively to another woman solely because she crosses a certain threshold of beauty. The sad part in all of this is, IMO, the only thing Britt cares about is how Britt looks. Hence the reason why she slept with her makeup on during the season! Vain people (women and men) may be gorgeous on the outside but are, more often than not, ugly on the inside.

41. justforfun

March 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM

@ stevely, your comment about there being a “beauty threshold” is exactly the same thing as saying that women are just jealous if we don’t like a beautiful woman.
    That is so insulting to intelligent women everywhere, on so many levels. Why not just cut to the chase, and tell us how you really feel?? Anyone that doesn’t like Britt must be an insecure, ugly troll. LOL

42. serapa

March 18, 2015 at 6:18 AM

man! you guys got too much time on your hands to analyze Britt and Kaitlyn. You guys don’t know either of them from a hole in the wall !!!

You guys are a bunch of crazies.

Both girls have great qualities on TV. All the hating on Britt is just stupid. She’s being judged by people who don’t even know her.

Crazies flew over the coo coo nest and began to blog and Twitter….

43. bugsmeany

March 18, 2015 at 7:16 AM

I keep reading that Kaitlyn is “witty.” Based on what, exactly? Using funny voices to call Kelsey and Ashley S. crazy isn’t that impressive.

44. vessel

March 18, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Isn’t it fun being labeled ‘crazy’ and the stale old stand by ‘jealous’ of someone because they are pretty? Just when I think it’s nice to interact in a forum where people mainly have intelligent and well thought out arguments and points of view to share (unlike places like Facebook’s Bachelor page, yikes) in swoop the pointless, judgmental comments. Sigh………

45. serapa

March 19, 2015 at 8:31 AM

Vessel…why are you so invested in this soap opera bs? If this is what you do with your spare time…..

my condolences

46. missannmcd

March 19, 2015 at 9:52 PM

@vessel I have to agree with your comments with the exception of Emily Maynard. To me, she’s a fakebarbie looking trophy wife. My pick for the most “stunning” beauty is Sharleen Joynt. She has the whole package as you mentioned. Britt is far from gorgeous if put beside Sharleen. I mean, if I were gay, I’d hit that long before Britty Baby.

47. missannmcd

March 19, 2015 at 10:38 PM

@modestmouse I’d like to thank you for your thoughts and candid observations from a man’s point of view. If I’m not reading you wrong, you seem to validate that many of us are not in fact jealous of Britt but we do find her very manipulative for all the points you mentioned. A person like that can not be trusted and really desires acceptance more than anything else. Kaitlyn is just my kind of bff. I adore her honesty and realistic view of things. Why, when women cuss, do we put them in the “ghetto” or “trailer trash” box? I like that Kaitlyn is comfortable with herself and doesn’t just say what she thinks others want to hear for the sake of acceptance like Britt. Britt has a pretty face no doubt but she’s average in my mind. Nothing stands out about her. She didn’t show any particular amount of intelligence. She spoke and acted very surface. When a woman like Kaitlyn has a sure, quick wit, it shows a lot of intelligence. I have no reason to be jealous of any women their age since I’m in my fiftys so you can count me out on jealousy. I’ve lived long enough to have a lot of experience with both types of these women. Smart people like you saw Britt’s behavior and words as manipulative so good for you- and us!

48. vessel

March 20, 2015 at 9:02 AM

@serapa why do you care how much or little anyone is invested? If you’re not about time wasting, and you ‘have a life’ then why are you do you even care to speculate on other people’s motivations? It’s just really obnoxious and judgmental is all, and contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation/debate.

Forgot about Sharleen, yes I’d agree that she’s stunning looking.

49. serapa

March 23, 2015 at 6:25 AM

I think you need a new focus….go read the drama about Chris and Whitney regarding DWTS