Bachelorette Kaitlyn Spoilers

Daily Links 3/24 Including Who is Britt Dating, the Kaitlyn Rumors, and Pics/Videos from Thursday’s Group Date

A few things to get to in “Bachelorette” world today including an update on what’s happening with Britt, the Kaitlyn boyfriend rumors, pictures, videos, and notes from last Thursday’s sumo wrestling group date at Universal CityWalk, a date tomorrow in New York, and three more guys to add to the list for this season. Production and cast arrived in New York yesterday and dates will begin today on episode 4. I still don’t know where they’re headed after New York, but I’m sure we will see it on social media once they get overseas. I know some of you have suggested maybe they’re going to Canada because it’s where Kaitlyn lives, but I don’t think that’s the case. I’m pretty positive they’re headed overseas after they leave New York. But we have a bit to get to before we jump into that including probably the biggest news yet surrounding Britt and what’s going on with her. Had heard some things towards the end of last week, had something sent to me over the weekend, then another picture hit social media yesterday, so looks like the cat is out of the bag. Let me tell you what I know:

I had told you last week that Britt had a role on the show this season but I didn’t know what it is. Towards the end of last week, I started hearing rumblings that she was seeing a guy from the show, but I didn’t know who. Well this past weekend, I was emailed this picture of Britt at Trader Joe’s with a guy:

BrittBrady

There were no camera crews around them, just the two of them shopping. To me it looked like Brady Toops based on what I had, but obviously there are a few guys this season I still don’t know about. However, I know which guys have been on 3 of the group dates so far, and Brady was on none of them, so by the look and process of elimination, I figured it was him. Then yesterday, this picture was posted to Twitter:

So yeah, she’s dating Brady (you can see him at Kaitlyn’s Guys).

Here’s what I can tell you. This isn’t a case of where Britt is dating a bunch of Kaitlyn’s rejects and having her own mini “Bachelorette 2.0” going on. This is Kaitlyn’s season. She is who the guys picked, the season will revolve around her, and she will do all the traveling. What I was told was that at Kaitlyn’s first rose ceremony, Brady eliminated himself and told Kaitlyn he wanted to see if he could date Britt. Obviously a lot of things happened between that point and what we’ve gotten to with these pictures, but we now know Britt and Brady are dating.

It doesn’t look like it’s some big production of what’s happening between them, and they aren’t going to be part of some major storyline, but since the Tweet acknowledged yesterday that there was a film crew with them, it looks like it’s something where we’re going to be updated on Britt at some point during the season. I highly doubt it’ll be something every single episode, but I don’t know for sure. These two are dating “privately” so to speak, and now that it’s out there, expect them to be seen out more often.

So it obviously brings up quite a few questions we don’t have answers to yet:

1) Was Britt told that Brady wanted to date her?
2) Is this something he was put up to by producers?
3) How did they arrange their first meeting?
4) How much of their dating will be shown during the season?
5) Could it get serious enough to where we’ll see an engagement at the end of the show?
6) Are any of the other guys who voted for Britt on the first night aware that Brady got to date her and none of them did?
7) What if Brady and Britt decide they don’t want to date anymore? Will they just scrap the whole thing and not show any of it?

A lot of questions we don’t have answers to yet and probably won’t for a little bit. But I can tell you that Brady definitely eliminated himself at the first rose ceremony with the intention of wanting to see if he could date Britt. And now we see pictures of them out and about. So I guess we can call it a matter of semantics when I was told Britt wasn’t dating Kaitlyn’s “rejects.” She’s not. She’s dating one guy, Brady, who voluntarily chose to leave and wanted a chance with her. Should be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

By now a few of you have heard the Star magazine rumors that Kaitlyn had a boyfriend while on the “Bachelor” and they even got back together in between filming. I can tell you that Kaitlyn’s “boyfriend” is no different than any other girl that goes on this show who is hooking up with someone before they leave. He’s not her boyfriend, they weren’t exclusive, it wasn’t some arrangement they had where she left and they both agreed to it. It’s just another tabloid rumor to stir the pot. It’s not based in any fact whatsoever. What is based in fact is that Kaitlyn definitely made out with Zack Kalter at the “Women Tell All” after party back on Feb. 21st. Is that a big deal? Not really. And it’s not that big of a secret since it basically happened in front of everyone who is there. Ask around. They’ll tell you if they’re being honest. I mean, she hadn’t signed on to be the “Bachelorette” yet, and it’s really no different than Sean making out with Jenna Burke during an event in New York a few weeks before he left for filming of the “Bachelor,” although Sean was definitely already the “Bachelor” at that point. Young kids having fun I guess. Can’t fault Sean or Kaitlyn. How is her making out with Zack at the WTA after party worse than her making out with more than one guy an episode once the season starts? It’s not.

Today will begin episode 4 in New York. Not sure what today’s date is but hopefully it’ll get spoiled on social media at some point. New York is pretty crowded in case you didn’t know, so I gotta imagine someone will see something. Anyway, one of the “Bachelor” TV Twitter accounts sent this out yesterday:

So tomorrow’s date will seemingly be a group date and it’ll involve the rapper Doug E. Fresh. We know Kaitlyn likes to rap, so I would not be surprised if these guys have to come up with a rap for her. If I get details on that date, I’ll share it on Thursday with you. So everyone walking around New York today, keep an eye out for a little tiny Canadian walking around with some meathead and be sure to post it to social media. We’d all like to see it.

So as we know, this past Thursday there was a group date at Universal CityWalk. What’s funny is that I had no idea my mom, sister, and niece were up at Universal Studios that day because Olivia had a business meeting for some commercial work she’s doing. I saw my sister post on FB she was there, so I told her to head over to CityWalk and see if she could see any of the taping. Worked out great. They weren’t able to get up close, but here’s a video of the 5 guys and Kaitlyn when the date was pretty much over. Kaitlyn was proud of the guys performance:

There were 5 guys total on the date, two of which I’ve added to Kaitlyn’s Guys today. The other three from this date I have profiles for but will give you at a later time. Both of these guys today were lucky enough to wrestle 1-on-1 with the sumo champion. Or whatever he is. So here are three more guys to add to the list, bringing the total number to 10. I’ve got a total of 10 more names and bios right now that I will release in the upcoming weeks. Still working on a couple things that I want to make sure are 100% correct. But for the time being, here you go:
_________________________________________________________

8. Ben Higgins: 25, originally from Warsaw, Indiana currently living in Denver, CO. Works as a business analyst for Talisys. Graduated from Indiana University in 2012 with a B.S. in Business Administration. The girl you see him in a few of the pictures is his ex-girlfriend Shaelin Adams. They couldn’t have taken cheesier photos if they tried. He was on the boxing group date for the first date of the season. Bears a crazy resemblance to Peter Brady as well.

Twitter – @benhiggi
LinkedIn – Ben Higgins

Ben1Ben2Ben3Ben4Ben5
_________________________________________________________

9. Clint Arlis: 27, Chicago, Ill. Graduated University of Illinois in 2010 with a dual masters in architecture and civil engineering. Was a wrestler while there but studied architecture. Currently works as a project engineer at Lend Lease in Chicago, an international construction management and development firm.

Facebook – Clint Arlis (currently deactivated)
Instagram – snappenturtle (currently deactivated)

He was on the sumo wrestling date on Thursday 3/19 seen here:

Clint12Clint11

Also, he was one of the lucky ones to get to wrestle the sumo dude probably 200 lbs heavier than him. It didn’t go so well:

Clint4Clint6Clint7Clint8Clint10Clint

And what might be the greatest sibling photo ever taken with his brother, Logan Arlis , and sister, Taylor Arlis. I can’t get enough of this picture. Already my favorite guy…

Clint3
_________________________________________________________

10. JJ Lane III: 30, Denver, CO. Currently the Co-Founder and CEO of 360 Service Companies. Graduated Cum Laude with a BSBA in Finance from the University of Denver in 2009. Did investment banking in New York after graduating college before returning to Denver. Is divorced and has a daughter named Gemma who is 3. Huge hockey fan which should bode well for him since Kaitlyn’s ex’s have been hockey players.

Facebook – JJ Lane
Twitter – @jjhlane
Instagram – jjhlane21

He was on the sumo wrestling date Thursday 3/19 seen here:

JJ1JJ2JJ3JJ4

He was also lucky enough to wrestle a sumo guy and get his ass kicked in the process:

JJ6JJ7JJ8JJ9JJ10JJ11

1. coffeeinchicago

March 24, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Not even remotely surprised about Britt and Brady. Totally each other’s type. Makes complete sense.

Based on the bios we have, I think Clint is most Kaitlyn’s type. My vote is on him to win it.

2. veno

March 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM

So happy for Britt, seriously i think she’s been through enough drama of jealous girls at the mansion and viewers who think they know her. Her and Brady seem like the perfect fit can’t wait to see their story Hope it works out for them.

And I hope she goes back to pursuing her acting carebecause I saw some of her work on the internet and she’s talented.
    Also Ashleigh I said that Kaitlyn was not happy to be sharing the spotlight with Britt but I hope she gets over that and enjoys her season because she is after all the bachelortte. Wish both girls all the best

3. raefae23

March 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Donatello?! Nooooooooo!

March 24, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I’m not going to defend the douche’s comment about Mo’ne Davis. Calling a 12 year old girl a b*tch is never OK, and on social media? That’s moronic. There is some context that plays into this that has completely been missed. There has been a trend the last few years where amazing female players aren’t content playing against other females that they dominate. So, they move over to play on guys teams, often at older ages. At 12 years old, Mo’ne Davis is playing largely with pre pubescent boys, and that can work pretty well. But what happens when the boys start to get massive infusions of testosterone…. Well, the physical gap between boys and girls widens. So, when a Female High School softball phenom moves over to play baseball against the boys…. Let’s just say, there is a lot of hype about it, but it never lives up to the hype. So, the boys end up resenting the girl because she gets play time at the expense of a better guy player. This happens more than you think. I have a friend who is a starter in college baseball that, in HS during His senior year, had to sit on the bench a few times in favor of one of these “phenoms”. No, she wasn’t good. The press loves the story, the fans love the story, the school administrators love it, but the players and their parents seethe at the favoritism. Coaches are pressured into playing them. So, players are automatically going to feel negatively about girls playing baseball. I’m betting that undercurrent led to that ill advised tweet.

Again, it’s not a defensible tweet and Mo’ne legitimately starred on the Jackie Robinson LL team playing at a 12 year old level. It’s just that the trend of girls playing with the guys, mainly in HS, for the reasons mentioned above, is not popular among players. It just goes to show why Social Media is dangerous. If that player had made that comment in the locker room to his buddies. No problem, and every player would understand the context in which it was made…. And some would have even told him that was kind of a douchey comment to make about a 12 year old girl who is showing legit skills. But it would have ended there. On Social Media, the comment is out there with no context, it can be retweeted, and it can go viral…. And it never ends. Even deleting it doesn’t help. To me, social media is like playing with a flame thrower. You’re better off leaving it alone so you don’t hit the button and find your leg has just been burned off.

5. fcew

March 24, 2015 at 9:58 AM

I hope all the best for Britt and Brady. I also hope this means less Britt cry-face on my TV.

If this lasts long enough, it means no Britt on BIP too….

6. klm390

March 24, 2015 at 10:17 AM

I really don’t hate Kaitlyn, but there is something about her that seems off to me. I’m sure she’s a cool girl, but I get the feeling that she’s really just in this for the experience and potential of good exposure. I know the majority of bachelor/ette’s come on this show for the same reason, but at least most of them are somewhat believable. I just don’t buy it. This alleged firefighter boyfriend is probably just bitter. With how religious and sensitive Britt is, I feel like she would be at least more believable. She would be like the more emotional female version of Sean. Anyhow, I hope her relationship with Brady isn’t producer driven because she deserves some positivity after all the unnecessary hate.

7. diora

March 24, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Is anyone else getting a private message on the guy’s videos? The last photo of Ben has a Josh thing going on. I agree that Clint seems like a good match for Kaitlyn. Happy for Britt, as Brady clearly was in it for only her. Wishing them all the best of luck.

8. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 10:51 AM

@rob22,
    He called Mo’ne a slut, not a bitch. That makes a HUGE difference to most women. And all the excuses and background “reasons” in the world are meaningless in relation to what he said about that young lady.

I hope any young man with the same feelings takes this as a cautionary tale of using impulse control. Because life has never been fair and it never will be.

9. thatguy181

March 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Man… I still remember being excited to wake up on Saturday mornings as a kid to catch the latest episode of TMNT… I tried the comics out a few times, but they were always so dark in comparison to the TMNT I fell in love with 😛 And not even killed by Shredder? Killed off by Bebop and Rocksteady?! The underlings?! RIP comic-Donatello. You got screwed.

I’d still rather NOT see anymore Britt, but I imagine she and her date will at least tough it out until after the show has aired so they can cash in on the added publicity.

10. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM

This sounds like great news about Britt! I’m somewhat familiar with the guy’s story and he seems absolutely perfect for Britt. He grew up in a town not far from where I live (has a gorgeous church on the Crow River), and he has really worked hard for the fame he has. He tours a LOT and does tons of concerts all over the US and world. If it works out, I think Britt would really enjoy being onstage and connecting with the audience, if he could work her into the concert. She really seemed in her element at the Big and Rich concert, even though she wasn’t familiar with the genre.

If you glance back over the years at Britt’s Instagram, she seems to have always been a Christian, big time. The guy Brady seems kinda on the socially conservative side, but to be on this show…..

Anyway, Britt seems so much better suited to this role than “the Bachelorette.” I don’t doubt she’d cry (maybe a lot) sending guys home, and I’m not sure how cool she’d be with the Fantasy Suite and 3-4 guys if she were in love with one of them. Hope it works out for her!

March 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM

@angelfish: whichever term the idiot used, it was inexcusable. My main point, which was probably lost, is that people are going to have all kinds of opinions for various reasons. Putting them out there in social media just holds people up to ridicule. Everyone makes stupid comments in life, sometimes incredibly stupid comments. With social media, those opinions are going to be spread around beyond your best 3 buddies who will give you a pass. I’m just saying that I don’t get why people post ANYTHING on social media. It’s like playing with a grenade. It wasn’t my intention to justify what this idiot said, no matter why he said it. I hope I made that clear. I was just saying that he probably had a negative opinion of females playing baseball for which he had a “reason”. To him. To, perhaps, a lot of baseball players. Everyone has a reason for the dumb things they say. Doing it on Social Media just exposes them to the blow back. You can’t take it back once you post it either & no apology is going to help.

12. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 11:35 AM

According to his website, Brady is going to be touring Australia in April, so if Britt visits him there during, that could help make up for the lack of International travel in Chris’ season.

At this point, I’m more interested in Britt updates than in Kaitlyn updates. But of course, I’ll read them all! :)

13. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM

@rob22,
    Absolutely agree. And restraint is such a difficult concept to explain to a younger person that’s been on the Internet all of their lives, in one form or another. Back in the day, if you were frustrated about something, you’d storm into your room, slam the door, punch a pillow then call your best friend on the phone to gripe. And that’s usually as far as it went.

Now the consequences of expressing that same frustration can be complete ridicule, lost future opportunities, humiliation for your family and world-wide condemnation from complete strangers.

You just can’t un-ring that bell.

14. tgp51

March 24, 2015 at 12:02 PM

I’d like to be a fly on a cow and see how star struck CS is transitioning back to sititng on a tractor for “14 a day” or so he says he does. His dad must be like “get home and help plant the corn already”

15. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 1:08 PM

@tgp51 We’ve had big snow in the midwest. Just as I’d started working my garden this week we had 5 inches of snow! Seeing Chris’s competition last night on DWTS, he’ll likely be voted off well in time for spring planting.

@angelfish – Ya, checked his tour dates just now. He’s still on the roster for Taree and Easterfest 3 days in Australia. Searched for photos of the recent concerts in Australia but couldn’t find any at all that showed anybody, including not him. Hope it goes well for Britt. This looks so good for her. These concerts he’s doing in Australia are all free, public concerts and some of the churches look small so doubt they’re paying his expenses.

16. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM

BTW, Steve, great job on ferreting this one out! This revelation – the more I think about it, the more it smooths my ruffled feathers.

17. angelfish

March 24, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hopefully when news of this development filters out, people will calm the hell down with all the aggressive social media activity for and against both Kaitlyn & Britt.

Britt gets a cute guy that specifically wants to date her and Kaitlyn gets her Bachelorette experience (almost) all to herself.

18. justforfun

March 24, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Britt and Brady look like a good fit on paper. They have the whole Christian thing in common, and are both “performers” or artists if you consider Britt’s acting an art. Is that enough for a successful relationship? Guess we will find out.
    I was glad to hear about this. Now maybe the rabid Britt fans will chill out.
    Chris looked so bad last night on DWTS. Guess he can kiss that gig goodbye.

19. heliofan

March 24, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Wow! That one guy really does look like Peter Brady!!

March 24, 2015 at 3:52 PM

OK, the whole Britt thing. Again, the whole thing having both Britt & Kaitlyn was to generate ratings & likely caused by the Team Britt vs. Team Kaitlyn bs, so they decided not to decide & had both. This generated tons of interest. So far, so good. Well, if Britt is gone after Day 1 of the show, well, there’s the nutty Team Britt people who are pissed. So, now what? Well, they give Britt something to do. And the guy? If the producer asked someone who probably voted for Britt, hey, dude, what if we just trashed the whole Bachelorette thing & you get to date Britt exclusively instead of someone you’re not interested in & have almost no shot at with 25 other guys? Oh, and we’ll record it & you’ll still be on the show, just not competing with anyone else. Ding, ding, ding. “Hell yes I’m up for that”. What idiot wouldn’t say yes to dating Britt and getting their 15 minutes of fame guaranteed. Hey Britt, instead of us dumping you as originally planned after an orchestrated vote against you…. because Team Kaitlyn is a lot bigger with our demographic….. how about you date this good looking guy over here and we’ll sort of follow you around….. a little bit maybe, so your 15 minutes gets extended….. what do you think? “So, you dump me, or I can choose to date a hot guy & stay on the show?” “Yes”. “Ummm…. duh, yeah!”

So, The Bachelor has outdone themselves manufacturing this little story line. Will Britt & Brady marry? Of course not. But, when you think about it, there is so much dead space & filler in the two hour show, who knows what kind of time they might give them. And, I think that, sorry Team Kaitlyn, this is going to be a snoozer season. There’s certainly time to check in with Britt every week if they want to, especially if the guys and Kaitlyn are deadly boring. Britt & Brady can be their Plan B if Plan A is looking like it’s losing audience. We’ll see how long they hang on.

21. hattiebloom

March 24, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I hope Britt finds whatever she is looking for because I’m not convinced even she knows. Based on her looks, I’m guessing she hasn’t had to work very hard at developing her personality and so has chosen the persona she would like to portray. It seems so phony and forced to me, but call me a cynic – I don’t buy it for a minute.

Good luck to Brady. The guy will be in a never ending cycle of trying to fill a bottomless pit.

22. anonime

March 24, 2015 at 4:27 PM

@hattiebloom “based on her looks…”.
    I’d hate to be a good looking woman with you on the jury.

23. cjscjs711

March 24, 2015 at 5:08 PM

@anonime I had to laugh at your comment re “Based on her looks, I’m guessing she hasn’t had to work very hard at developing her personality and so has chosen the persona she would like to portray.” When I was younger, beautiful, and a NY model I used to encounter prejudicial imaginings about my prior life experiences being easy (haha) but it will happen… lines, bags start appearing and then no one assumes you’ve had anything handed to you, ever, based on looks.

A person has to ignore the imaginings – it comes with the territory. Which will disappear one day. :)

24. justforfun

March 24, 2015 at 8:11 PM

@Hattie bloom – your comments made me laugh! I also agree with you. Based on what I viewed of her tv persona, Britt seems very immature for her age. Who knows though, maybe she has a personality that she doesn’t show to the public. All I see is a pretty, devout Christian woman that doesn’t know what she wants to be when she grows up. I doubt she really knows what she wants in a life partner, which doesn’t bode well for anyone that dates her.

25. angelfish

March 25, 2015 at 5:17 AM

@justforfun,
    Interesting that your description of Britt seems to also exactly fit Becca. Yet scores of her fans seemed to think those things were a positive rather than a negative.

It’s all perception.

26. betsy602

March 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM

BUT! If Britt is dating Brady, what will poor Chris Harrison do ?!? Who will come along to keep him entertained during travel?!?

27. fcew

March 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM

@angelfish the MASSIVE difference between Becca and Britt is Britt’s over emotional flair for the dramatic, and Becca’s utter and complete lack of drama.

Also, Becca seems to know what she wants, she just hasn’t found it yet. She has her values and morals and she is going to stick to them, come hell or high water.

But Britt, Britt is one of those girls that “OMG I LOVE whatever it is my boyfriend loves” and changes her interests to suit who she’s dating at the time. I’m specifically thinking of that line she gave to Chris outside the hockey rink about “reinventing herself” and “that lifestyle being something she could try”. And how she loved Big and Rich, even though she had told the girls that she hated country…

28. illylover

March 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM

This is so sweet about Britt. When I read the few bios that were shared I thought ‘huh’ when I saw Brady’s. He definitely seemed to me like a Britt kind of guy.

So here’s my big guess – Britt is going to go to Australia! Because Brady has a concert tour in Australia that starts 4/1/2015. Which also makes me think that this was the gig for Britt all along. How could Brady be filming The Bachelorette, now, when he’s supposed to be performing at Easterfest in Toowoomba Australia, starting April 1?

The romantic in me would love to see love blossom for Britt and Brady with the lovely background music provided by the melodious and talented Brady.

29. catd

March 27, 2015 at 9:27 AM

@cjscjs711 “Dance instructor/rapper Kaitlyn – gee, I wonder what motivated her to be in this……. Surely it was to find a husband….. And if all she wanted was to become a US citizen, there are easier ways than this.”

I’m sorry to break it to you but it isn’t every Canadian’s dream to become a US citizen.

30. catd

March 27, 2015 at 9:38 AM

Is it just me or does that Brady guy look an awful lot like Graham Bunne from Deanna’s season and BIP. I mean, A LOT.

Also, thank god he is dating Britt. And I mean that in a totally ironic, I’m actually agnostic, kind of way. Singers are always the worst on this show. Except Wes. He was awesome. Also I don’t think I could’ve sat through a season of, Will she? or Won’t she?

…take a bath? Seriously. My heart could not take it.

Two birds.