Daily Links

Daily Links 3/27

A lot of reaction yesterday to Nick re-appearing on the season. Yes, I’m aware he tweeted three times yesterday, and no, I don’t know what that means. All I know is what I told you happened Wednesday night. They were seen filming together alone which you saw a picture of, and they were caught making out as well. We’ll see if he ends up being a contestant on the show. Sure seems like he will and the tweeting might just be a ruse. Or Kaitlyn just felt like making out with the guy before sending him on his way. We will see in the upcoming days. Last night was a 1-on-1 date at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Today will be a group date (not sure where or what yet) with tomorrow being the rose ceremony before they head to San Antonio on Sunday. So for all those asking about San Antonio, going by their schedule, dates should begin there on Monday with the rose ceremony being Thursday. I seriously contemplated heading down to San Antonio early next week just to follow them around myself, but decided against it. It’s ok, if they’re out in public, I’m sure someone will see them. And if they’re at the Alamo, well then of course I want someone to ask where the basement is. It would be my favorite moment in “Bachelorette” history if they do.

Daily Links 3/27

-Bryan Fischer is back with your “Survivor” recap from this past Wednesday night. I’m starting to watch “Survivor” like I watch the “Bachelor” now. Any time I hear someone say on camera that their alliance is solid, or that they’re taking it all the way, expect that alliance to crumble that episode. Seems to be happening all the time now. And remember when blindsides happened maybe once or twice a season and it was a big deal? It seems now because everyone that plays is so savvy, that the only way to vote someone off now is to blindside them.

-I appreciate US Weekly spoiling Wednesday’s group date for their readers yesterday. Granted, the story posted a good 6 hours after my column went up yesterday, had basically zero details in it, and basically confirmed how much they are in bed with ABC. You see, tabloids aren’t allowed to spoil the show. They can give you an overview of things, but they will never come out and say “Juan Pablo is engaged to Nikki” before the show even starts. They can’t. That’s not how they work. Not to mention, ABC will kill their relationship with them. They have to tease you with stories all season so you’ll keep buying their magazine. Oldest trick in the book. Hence the reason you can rely on me for spoilers because they certainly are giving you nothing.

-Congratulations to former “Bachelorette” and “Bachelor Pad” contestant Kiptyn Locke and his new girlfriend who are expecting a baby this summer. I’m sure your next question is, “Wait, I didn’t even know Kiptyn had a girlfriend?” Neither did I. And I’m sure the question after that is, “Wait, how did he go out with Tenley two different times over a span of 4-5 years and never had a kid, but he’s dating this girl for less than a year, and now they’re pregnant?” Again, I don’t know. But that’s for asking.

-According to “Life & Style,” Chris Soules is pitching reality show with Whitney about life on the farm. Lets hope this doesn’t happen. I can’t imagine how this could be the least bit interesting. Watching Whitney learn how to be a farmer? I don’t think so. Marcus and Lacey look at these two and think, “God they’re boring.”

-Probably a good thing that Kim Kardashian went back to being a brunette because lets be honest, she looked hideous as a platinum blonde. Who told her that was a good look for her?

-Due to the fact there were no “Daily Links” yesterday, we didn’t have all the Zayn stories posted. Here are the three most important ones. First, the statement he released Wednesday about leaving the band. I guess we kinda saw this coming when he took a leave of absence from their current tour. That’s never a good sign.

-Then when everyone went into mourning all day Wednesday, including myself,
here were some of the memorials that the teenage girls put together because they were so sad. I may or may not have created my own memorial for Zayn that I may or may not ever show anyone. Ummmmm, wow. He didn’t die, people.

-Then yesterday, Zayn Zayn spoke publicly for the first time since leaving the band to quell all rumors going on about him. It’s a dark time in the music industry right now. And yes, I meant what I tweeted on Wednesday. Anything bad that happens to me I will just chalk up to Zayn leaving One Direction. And you all should to by tagging it #BecauseZaynleft. Thank you.

-This year marks the 30th anniversary of the “Breakfast Club.” I’m sure a lot of you are aware of how much I love that movie. Apparently I didn’t love it enough because I had no idea this chick Karen Leigh Hopkins was set to be in the movie and even shot scenes for it. Karen, I hate to say this 30 years after the fact, but ummmmm, I’m glad you weren’t in it. Those scenes seemed pointless. It was just fine the way it was.

-“Survivor” contestant Joaquin did his conference call with the media yesterday discussing his ouster from the game. If you’re not being blindsided, then you’re not playing the game hard enough. I never thought he had a chance to win anyway when his “partner” So was the first eliminated. I figured he was screwed at that point. But then again, so was that girl last season whose sister was the first one voted off and she won. So I guess anything is possible.

-I’m giddy for the new “Batman vs Superman” movie to be released next year. Why? Because I’m a red blooded male that’s why. However, I’m still scratching my head trying to get behind Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. I don’t know if I’m seeing this. And why are Batman and Superman enemies? When did this happen? I guess that’s why I’m giddy for the movie. Even though everything is being kept under wraps, I’m sure as we get closer things will start to leak.

-Vin Diesel is crazy. He thinks “Fast and Furious 7” is going to win an Oscar for “Best Picture.” Hey Vin, I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say it’s not. You had six other chances to win it and you never came close. I don’t think people will be talking about #7 up there with “12 Years a Slave.” Or maybe they will and I’m just the crazy one.

-Boy, Hilary Duff really was a wild child. In a recent interview, she said she used to lie about her age to get into clubs. Whoa Hilary. You rebel you. Seriously? How’d you do that? That’s unheard of. Man, maybe in your next interview you’ll tell us how you drank alcohol before you were of legal age. And maybe even had sex before marriage. Such the trend setter, Hilary. I don’t know how you did it.

-I mentioned last week, or maybe it was earlier this week, that Connie Britton was cast to play Faye Resnick in the new FX series “American Crime Story” about the trial of OJ Simpson. Well, here’s who’s been cast so far, and I gotta tell ya’, none of these people really look like who they’re supposed to be playing. This is going to be a trainwreck.

-The new “Late Late Show” with James Corden debuted this week and already he has a bit that’s going viral. He had Tom Hanks act out scenes from all his movies in 7 minutes. Pretty good stuff:

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Monday.

1. breannalopez

March 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I live in San Antonio so Im thinking about going to find them here! They’re staying at the hotel my dad got married at, so Im super familiar with it. I live like 5 mins away. If you come down to follow them, call me up! IF not, follow me on twitter, I’ll be uploading pictures :) @Bbbreanna

2. olestinker

March 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I’m about as big of a “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure” fan as they come, and I could put up a good argument that the Alamo tour scene is one of the funniest moments in film history. That said, there is no way I would ever go on the Alamo tour and ask about the basement. That poor tour guide has to deal with at least three smart asses a day who think they are the first person to ever think to make that reference. You can’t be that guy.

3. vessel

March 27, 2015 at 10:56 AM

If I were an Alamo tour guide I’d reference it myself as a preemptive strike.

4. angelfish

March 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Re; The OJ Simpson TV show, the only casting I can buy is Sarah Paulsen as Marcia Clark. But then, Sarah is a gifted enough performer that she could probably pull off the role of OJ Simpson! 😉

5. catd

March 27, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Whitney on farm? Oh dear god no. She seems like a lovely person (she started to grow on me) although a bit clingy. Actually, she was a bit more kinda potential stalker-y (I mean, had she lost??? I can’t even think of what might have happened to Chris). But THAT VOICE! I couldn’t take a whole season of it.

6. beebifidum

March 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM

So funny I forgot to laugh.

7. hattiebloom

March 27, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Chris honey, you were not interesting before you became the Bachelor, you were not interesting when you were on the Bachelor and you certainly won’t be interesting having your cornfield life portrayed on a reality show. Dear Lord, please don’t let this reality show happen.

8. mush

March 27, 2015 at 2:50 PM

i like the chris on the farm show idea. id watch. hes fun to watch on dancing with the stars too. also, i think the pee wee herman at the alamo reference needs to make a come-back. those under 40 dont really know about him. lets make it happen

March 27, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Don’t forget, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richey virtually started reality TV on a farm. If two trust fund losers could pull it off, then Chris and Whitney…. still couldn’t pull it off. At least you could hate Paris and Nicole’s condescending attitudes & enjoy watching them have to actually pretend to work. Chris and Whitney are just too bland.

10. fcew

March 27, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Sharleen posted a picture of her fiancé and Nick on Instagram earlier…

11. TeresaRenee

March 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM

I’m pretty sure that Tenley would not have sex with Kiptyn which I’m sure is why wouldn’t put on a ring on it. He must’ve been hard up to move that fast with this chick. I have no respect for Kiptyn for stringing Tenley along all those years.

12. justforfun

March 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Watching a show about Chris & Whitney on the farm would be as exciting as watching paint dry. He does not have the personality to carry a show, he can barely speak in full sentences. What is even more disappointing is hearing that he wants to do this, isn’t he supposed to be a genuine farmer, not some reality star. Yuck.

13. hattiebloom

March 28, 2015 at 7:04 AM

I’m with you @justforfun — the D List celebrity bug must be quite intoxicating because I find it disappointing too that in addition to DWTS, this guy now wants to continue his 15 minutes into a reality show.

This appears to be the same track Sean Lowe was desperately trying to follow, but Chris already has a profession and plenty of money. Sean was desperate, Chris should not be desperate.

14. cjscjs711

March 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM

@justforfun and @hattiebloom – Again, I agree.

Having lived summers on my relatives huge farm as a child, I can understand Chris’s shock at the antiquated ideas out there about life nowadays on a farm. And his thinking he’s now maybe in a position to do something about the perception.

-When he talks about agriculture, he’s actually quite articulate. It’s not that. If you understand why Eva Gabor in “Green Acres” worked — that’s not what we have here.

I could see him and Whitney doing a one-hour special about farming – with other farmers, etc.! But not a series! It sounds like something for public television to carry – and they probably already have.

Didn’t Ben Flajnik also want to do a series after his stint? A reality show about the Sonoma wine business?

Temperatures in the midwest are still hovering around zero now, but let’s hope once spring gets here for real, Chris’s dad will talk some sense into his head.

15. sbd610

March 28, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Chris and Whitney on a reality series?? Is this really going to happen?
    More and more the contestants on the Bachelor/ette use the show as a foundation to jump start their Hollywood career.
    It’s been going on for years now, and no wonder most couples break up soon after the show ends. How many are actually there to find love? Very few I’m sure.
    I have to admit I believed Chris Soules was there to actually find love, but now I think differently..
    I don’t want to rain on Chris and Whitney’s parade, but I can’t imagine how the two of them, plus a farm in a town with 300 people, can carry a reality series. I’m bored just thinking about it

16. lovetheworld

March 29, 2015 at 4:36 AM

C’mon. This is an article in “Life and Style” – one of the most unreliable tabloids. The percentage of the truth in their magazine is less than the bachelor’s marriage rate. I won’t jump to the conclusion based on what they said. Lol