Daily Links

Daily Links 4/2 Including Pics and Details from Yesterday’s Date

Another day, another group date out in the open for the public to see. One thing to remember while the “Bachelorette” is filming is that this is episode 5. They’re not even halfway through the season yet. The show isn’t trying to hide these particular dates. They know this stuff is public and people are going to be taking pics, or else they wouldn’t do these dates in front of people. Is it really a big deal who you see is on the show in episode 5? Of course not. You notice in the other public dates (boxing, comedy club, sumo wrestling, rap battle) the only pictures you saw were for people standing on the outskirts of the date. All the people who were attending this “private” taping couldn’t bring their phones with them or else a ton of more pictures would’ve gotten out from those dates. The only boxing date pictures were by paparazzi who were on the outskirts of the ring. People in attendance weren’t allowed to snap photos. No phones were allowed in the comedy club date hence the reason no pictures from it. Notice everyone standing around the ring in the sumo wrestling date not one of them had their phone out taking pics? Because they couldn’t. Only pics and videos from that were from people higher up on the second level (like my family was) and pictures taken after the date was over (like they did as well). Everyone in attendance at the rap battle wasn’t allowed to have their phone either, with the exception of a few that got shots in, but most were taken afterwards with Kaitlyn, Ashley I., Nick, and Sharleen. Same with Ben Higgins’ two-stepping date on Tuesday. So it’s not like they’re just letting people who attend their dates just snap away. They don’t. All the pictures you’ve been seeing are people on the outskirts of the date.

I say this because there’s a lot of stuff about this season so far that hasn’t gotten out yet. Pictures can only tell so much of a story. But soon enough as we get closer to the ending, I’ll start spilling more contestants and who’s who in these pictures. Lets just say I can’t remember a season that’s had this much, shall we call it “messiness,” since the season started. I mean, geez. Here’s what I’ll tell you now. Four episodes have been completed (ep 5 filming now in San Antonio), and not even counting Brady who eliminated himself during the first rose ceremony, FOUR guys have exited the show before a rose ceremony took place. I can’t remember that many happening that soon in any previous season. Hell, have we ever had four people eliminated before a rose ceremony over the course of a WHOLE season, let alone the first four episodes? Talk about self implosions. What an interesting group of guys. This is going to be highly entertaining based on what I know so far.

Yesterday’s group date took place in Market Square, where the guys had to write Kaitlyn a song and then perform as maraiachi’s dressed in full gear. I was spoiling and tweeting this out on Twitter all day yesterday, so here’s some of what happened:

MarketSquare1MarketSquare2MarketSquare3MarketSquare4MarketSquare5MarketSquare6MarketSquare7MarketSquare8MarketSquare9

As for the date itself, a few details:

-The guys had to write Kaitlyn a song, then perform it for her
-The only guys on the date that I’ve given you so far are: Nick, JJ, and Tanner. All the others I have bios, pictures, and info on that I will release at a later time. There’s no need to now because I want to see how this starts playing out
-The little kid you see with Kaitlyn in that last picture is Sebastian, a popular mariachi singer in San Antonio. You might remember him from “America’s Got Talent,” and also sparked controversy when he sang the national anthem at a Spurs playoff game and some people got pissed off

-Nick is seen here with Kaitlyn on the balcony:

-Nick was the only one of the guys to serenade Kaitlyn up on the balcony. The rest of the guys just went up to her and sang to her as she sat on a stool outside the restaurant
-The night portion of the date had the guys loading into a van and going to the Enchanted Springs Ranch in Boerne, TX.
-Today is the final date in San Antonio with the rose ceremony tomorrow night. I don’t know where they’re headed after San Antonio yet, but if/when I find out, I’ll tweet it out.

Daily Links 4/2

-Our “Survivor” recapper Bryan Fischer has your “Survivor” recap up now. Jenn’s move last night playing the idol obviously worked, but judging by the votes, it looks like it only spares her an extra week. Blue Collar all voted together and looped in Tyler and Carolyn for 7 votes against Jenn. Those people stay together (minus Kelly now), they should have the vote 6-5. Then again, this is “Survivor” and things never usually go as planned.

-Especially when Probst is already promoting next week’s episode as the best yet this season. He might be a shill for his show, but he’s the best shill out there.

-So we know April Fool’s came and went yesterday, and Catherine’s fake pregnancy picture went over about as well as a turd in the punch bowl. Yikes. Basically what this proves is no matter what you say on social media, at least ONE person will hate it and let you know about it. Yes, I get that there are some women who can’t have children. But geez, jumping all over Catherine for that? I don’t know. I don’t see it as bad as others did since the second I saw it, I knew it was a prank.

-Since Josh was in LA this past weekend for the IHeardRadio Music Awards on Sunday night, then appeared on DWTS Monday night in the audience with Robert Graham, he was asked by E! if he’s do DWTS. Of course he would. Who wouldn’t? However, the only way Josh has a chance at that show is if he becomes the next “Bachelor.” They’re not just gonna ask a guy to do it that was final 1 on a season from a year previous.

-SNL host this week is Michael Keaton. Here are his promos for Saturday’s show:

-Hey guess what? The Kardashians are getting a spin off show. I know, I know. Exactly what all of you were asking for. “How can we get more reality TV shows centered around the Kardashian brand?” Look no further, because “Dash Dolls” is coming, which looks at some of the employees who work at the Kardashians store “Dash.” Should be riveting television, I tell ya’.

-Katy Perry really had an interesting April Fools Day. First she tried to convince everyone she’d gotten a Kris Jenner pixie cut, which was just about the ugliest thing she’s ever tried to pull off. Please, never again Katy. We all like you. I’d rather not have to hate you for the rest of my life. No. Pixie. Cut. Thank you.

-Then to top things off, Katy accidentally gave out her phone number when she shared a video of her dog Butters on Twitter and Instagram, and the dog tag clearly showed her number. Needless to say all the crazies (and yes I would’ve been one of them if I knew about it early enough) started calling immediately and she had to cancel the number. Ohhhhhh, the texts I could’ve sent her…

-Fox has ordered 8 episodes of the reality show “Bullseye,” to be hosted by Kellan Lutz. People are basically turned into human bulleyes for fun. Count me in. Here’s the trailer:

-Soleil Moon Frye has lost 40 lbs on NutriSystem and now she’s showing off her body. Awesome. But lets get one thing straight here: Her name is Punky. Punky Brewster. Get it right. With a born name like Soleil Moon, you knew she’d embarrass her kids by naming them something funky, and boy she didn’t disappoint going with names like Poet, Jagger, and Lyric. Hope she has enough money to pay for their therapy.

-For someone around my age, this story will interest you. And you probably have to be a male. But as a 14 year old 8th grader in 1989, sitting in my backyard during my birthday with my friends huddled around a boom box listening to N.W.A.’s “Straight Outta Compton” tape, to see a biopic has been made delights me to no end. I will no doubt watch this:

-Since Jimmy Kimmel pranked Chris last season but unexpectedly waking him up, I guess Rihanna thought she’d return the favor and did the same to him recently. This is how it went:

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. fcew

April 2, 2015 at 9:21 AM

That’s a lot of dudes leaving early….

2. vessel

April 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM

i don’t get why Steve keeps holding off on giving us the guys pics and bios. Out of curiosity I looked in his ‘archives’ at Andi and Des’ seasons and both years by late March he had given us nearly all of the guys. He obviously has the info, so why keep referencing it but not posting it?

April 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Guys are leaving early because they wanted it to be Britt and were less excited about Kaitlyn. Honestly, the pics of her I’ve seen from some of the dates are less than flattering and her gutter mouth humor can only carry her so far. This is a repeat of Ashley’s season when some of the guys were hoping it would be Emily. This was predictable.

April 2, 2015 at 10:33 AM

vessel: the only thing I can think of is that RS wants to parcel out the reveals slowly to keep driving traffic to his monetized site. Once everything is revealed, there is less reason for people to come to the site. In prior years he may have felt pressure to beat other media outlets. My impression is that he doesn’t feel that pressure this time. That’s my theory.

5. missannmcd

April 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM

rob22: Since you seem to be able to read the minds of these guys, how about you bring that crystal ball my way and do tell what is going on in my mind about an upcoming life event? Umm… that’s what I thought.

6. missannmcd

April 2, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Britt (clown face) is a has been. Get over it folks!

7. vessel

April 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Yeah I don’t think disappointment in the lead had much of anything to do with why 4 left. I would guess most of them figured it was going to be Kaitlyn when they went on the show, especially since Steve’s site exists, so I don’t think it came as much surprise to any of the guys. I think most people go on this show for the experience, exposure, travel, etc. not really caring all that much about ‘falling in love.’ Aside from the one who left night one to go after Britt my guess is they just weren’t having as much fun as they thought they would, had a gf back home, weren’t getting along with the other guys in the house, maybe felt stress over leaving a job for so long, etc.

8. veno

April 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM

The guys leaving…Uhm they all should’ve left with Brady Ha! Kidding but seriously though that must not be nice for Kaitlyn, to be honest I think the guys wanted Britt but because most bachelor/ette alumnus where só against that poor girl along with gullible viewers who believed Carly’s lie, the producers where under pressure to make Kaitlyn the bachelortte because she was more “likable” than Britt but Brady was probably like Uhm no ways, I’m here for Britt if she’s leaving I’m leaving. He clearly didn’t care about being on TV and possibly being the next bachelor ( I like him already) and now they get to date in actual reality and not reality TV. Again Britt is the winner here… hi Carly.

But back to Kaitlyns boys leaving her ,she’ll be fine. .. she’ll survive her journey on finding love aka her contract

9. smithyeni

April 2, 2015 at 1:40 PM

I’m not even surprised about the 4 guys eliminating themselves, they were probably pissed that Britt didnt get chose.

10. momma3j

April 2, 2015 at 1:50 PM

I’m really curious why some of the people commenting are ASSuming the guys left because they didn’t like Kaitlyn? Steve’s exact words were: “FOUR guys have exited the show before a rose ceremony took place.” I’m sure there was drama that led up to it just like it’s very possible Kaitlyn could have been the one who sent them packing. Another possibility: angry/jealous guys because Nick asked to be on the show and was allowed to. How about we wait to see if Steve ever spoils the “why” and/or watch when the season starts. duh

April 2, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Of course I don’t have a crystal ball. I just have the fact that it already happened during Ashley’s season in a similar situation. You had Emily then who everyone thought would be The Bachelorette and turned it down, and Britt now, both of whom were not popular with women viewers, but were …. trying to pick the right word…. let’s say more universally desirable by men. Both Kaitlyn and Ashley are attractive and have their niche of guys who will be interested in them. But Emily & Britt would have near universal attraction from the guys. Yeah, I know, someone’s 25 year old brother’s boyfriend’s dog said he’d like Kaitlyn better. Maybe he feels that way and isn’t trying to kiss up to his girlfriend. And yeah, technically the guys “voted” for Kaitlyn. Gee, shocker. The key female demographic goes nutso on social media over Kaitlyn, so what did you think was going to happen? The Bachelorette was going to tick off their fans? Please. There are definitely going to be guys that prefer Kaitlyn over Britt. My guess is there will be 2-3 kool-aid drinkers in the bunch. Just not most and history repeats itself. BTW: part of why I’m saying this, is that I stated several weeks ago that this is exactly what’s GOING to happen.

Feel free to point out if I’m wrong. I’ll admit it. I will also feel free to gloat freely if I’m right. Mmmmm…. nah….. that’s too RS. Can’t go there.

BTW: Ashley made out pretty well for herself, while Emily proved to be a major phony. It may play out that way with Kaitlyn and Britt too. Might LIKELY play out that way. But that doesn’t change how guys view things before they get to know a girl well…. and remember, there is no time on the show to get to know anyone very well. Nobody in their right mind gets engaged after five dates, three of them group dates and an overnight date. We’re not talking real world here. Everything is VERY superficial.

April 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Actually, I hate it when people act like they know what’s going to happen. Very silly stuff. What an annoying post I just put out there. I’ll punch myself in the face now.

13. caffeinequeen

April 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM

He said 4 guys have exited the show; he didn’t say they chose to leave on their own. Kaitlyn may have decided to send some (or all) of the 4 home before a rose ceremony based on something they said or did unrelated to Britt.

14. angelfish

April 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Or maybe one got drunk, one admitted he was gay, one picked his nose and the 4th thought he was actually going on “Big Brother”.

Speculation is fun, but ultimately useless. But that kind of describes the whole franchise! :)

15. vessel

April 2, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I don’t always agree with Steve but his opinion of ‘no one person will be universally liked’ is true. People can think my husband is lying to appease me when he says he finds Kaitlyn more attractive (he isn’t lying. He cannot stand overly made up faces and mile long hair, he also claims Kaitlyn has ‘a perfect ass’-his words, not mine) but aside from that there have been guys who have posted on here that they prefer Kaitlyn, are they lying about their gender in the post? I almost hate myself for typing this crap yet again because I am so tired of ‘team this and team that’ but it’s pretty narrow minded for anyone to just off the cuff assume the guys all left early because they had all their hopes pinned on Britt.

@rob22 how could guys have been hoping Emily would be cast as Bachelorette instead of Ashley? Filming starts in March and she was still engaged to Brad in March of that year. I know Bentley said it on the show, but it never really made any sense to me.

16. justforfun

April 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM

If the guys that left did so because they wanted Britt, why didn’t they leave the first night? Why wait around? My guess would be that Nick coming on the show may have been a factor. Also, Kaitlyn strikes me as someone not willing to put up with bullsh*t, so maybe some of the less than genuine guys got that message. Who knows, pure speculation on my part.

17. TeresaRenee

April 2, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Steve is on a power trip…that’s what it is.

18. angelfish

April 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Steve is only on a power trip on the website he owns. And pays for. And doesn’t charge anybody to access. And makes money on.

Sweet power trip I wish I was on.

19. lisa e

April 2, 2015 at 4:36 PM

i think….
    rob22 & justforfun nailed it… about the guys leaving early – couldn’t have clairvoyantly said it better myself!

20. hattiebloom

April 2, 2015 at 6:24 PM

@rob22 — you intellectualize and analyze waaaay too much on this stuff. Settle down dude.

21. mommyof2

April 2, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Rob22 nailed it in his explanation above. Brad 2.0 season was interesting b/c RS actually had the final 1 wrong for awhile- saying Brad was engaged to Charlene (I think was her name?), not Emily, and that Emily would be the next bachelorette. RS corrected himself just before the finale, but by that point, casting was already happening for the Bachelorette, and most of those guys thought Emily would be the Bachelorette, not Ashley. I like Ashley a lot, but her season was cringe- worthy in her crush on Bentley , who always talked about how he wished Emily was the Bachelorette, as I’m sure some if the other guys felt but didn’t vocalize on camera. So yeah, some guys left Ashley’s season, as has happened for Kaitlyn’s- possibly for the same reason (well, definitely in the case of Brady who left b/ c he was interested in Britt). In the end, however- as Rob22 pointed out- Ashley is happy married with a baby to the guy she chose on her season, and Emily got a chance to be the bachelorette the following season, where her engagement ended in humiliation b/c of the guy she chose. You never know how things will end. But I can’t understand why people get so pissed off and hate on either Britt or Kaitlyn, while lavishing praise on the other. It’s crazy! I for one am rooting for both of them: I hope Kaitlyn AND Britt find love and happiness with someone, whether it’s this year, or sometime later.

22. justforfun

April 2, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Let’s not forget Des’s season where several guys left, including one of her final 3 that she was “madly in love” with. She is now happily married. I am willing to bet the whole Brooks drama was a product of the producers. To create some drama in a snooze worthy season.
    Maybe the producers are prodding some guys into leaving, convincing them that Kaitlyn just isn’t that into them to create some tv drama? And, she probably isn’t that into them. RS has stated many times that the lead usually has it narrowed down to a few during the first night. Maybe the producers see that Kaitlyn isn’t good at being fake?
    See how far we can take this speculation??? LOL.

PS. I know I’m right! :)

23. veno

April 2, 2015 at 9:22 PM

Everyone that’s mad at people for speculating and assuming well… Uhm duh that’s what you do when spoilers come out everyone will give their own opinions so calm the F down. Of course we’ll know the truth once the season starts airing, but I mean c’mon

24. cjscjs711

April 2, 2015 at 10:51 PM

+1 @veno

25. Sunnyside422

April 3, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Considering the fact that some of the guys Steve has revealed are, shall I say, fuggly looking, she probably spent a few minutes with them and decided nah…not worth my time.

I believe waay many people who are chosen are on to this “show” and realize how stupid it really is and feel why waste my time once they are “produced” to death.

And with such a huge group of producers and other minions, why the heck can’t they come up with “dates” that have not been recycled over and over for years! So boring. But then I don’t think IQ’s are in the highest range among the crew members!

As for Steve, been reading him for too many years to count and realize he has an awesome job he loves. How many of us can say we love our jobs?! I enjoy his writing style and always look forward to his snarky comments. For this reason only, I hope the show remains on TV. Would miss Steve a lot.

26. shouldbeworking

April 3, 2015 at 8:08 AM

How do you guys remember all this stuff? Geesshhh… I can’t even remember what I had for dinner last night !