Daily Links

Daily Links 4/30

It’s been a while since I’ve had to go furniture shopping, and after my experience on Tuesday, it’s a good thing I don’t have to go again anytime soon. Holy crap. Now, part of it may be because I went to the newly opened Nebraska Furniture Mart that opened last month that’s about the size of Cowboy Stadium. I think the last place I got furniture at was Rooms-To-Go, so needless to say, I had a much bigger selection at NFM. Which basically led me to be there over 3 hours because I couldn’t decide what I wanted. I needed a new sofa, but then you see all the sofa sets they have with chaise lounges, and you realize you can’t possibly go in there, get a sofa, then leave. Impossible. You need things to coordinate with it. So me stupidly thinking I was just going to get a new sofa turned into me walking out of there 3 hrs later having purchased a new sofa, recliner, coffee table, two end tables, and two lamps. Not being delivered until Tuesday, but I gotta say, I’m pretty impressed with what I was able to color coordinate and match up (No, the picture attached to this column is not the sofa I bought. But it was one of many in the running). Just call me the Mr. Martha Stewart. My interior decorating is on point. You need your living room refurnished? Gimmie a call.

Daily Links 4/30

-Meghan Trainor is collaborating on a duet with Harry Styles, and she’s freaking out about it. Well, at least maybe now Meghan will have a song that doesn’t repeat her chorus 4,000 times and actually has some lyrics to it. One can only dream.

-As you know, I don’t watch any of the Housewives shows, but given how much time I spend reading entertainment sites, it’s not hard to have an idea of who’s in the news more often than not. Safe to say Kim Richards is one of the hottest messes ever, as evidenced by her appearance on Dr. Phil. Someone take the bottle away from Kim please.

-It’s Thursday, so that means it’s time for 3 Questions for Jeff Probst on EW.com. Man, he took an awfully long time trying to explain Will and Dan’s behavior in that first question. I think he’s starting to backtrack on things he said earlier this season. Why not just say, “Dan is an ass who said things he shouldn’t have” rather than go on that diatribe?

-For some behind-the-scenes of DWTS 10th anniversary show, check out Jessica Radloff’s column for Glamour.com. The thing that surprised me most was for a show on 10 years and 20 seasons, they only did an hour special. Seemed a bit short. Not to mention the awful editing since it was taped the week prior. How many quick shots of audience members laughing that were completely shown at different parts did they have? Like 100? Did they think this was the “Women Tell All” or something?

-Wanna know what Demi Lovato’s gynecologist asks her? Or how about the woman that’s lasering her vajayjay? Fascinating stuff I tell you. Although that does have to be awkward as a celebrity to have that happen. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before Demi gets “Property of Wilmer” tattooed on the small of her back.

-I completely forgot that Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield broke up. Or did they? Pictures yesterday of her carrying a bag with his name on it. What is she? His personal assistant? I highly doubt these two aren’t having ex sex if she’s carrying around bags with his name on it. Good on you, Andrew.

-Another celebrity decided to dye her hair pink. One thing that stands out to me the most in this story is the fact that they didn’t refer to her as Kaley Cuoco Sweeting, since that’s her now married name. With recent breakup reports surfacing, I find that interesting. Not to mention my thoughts on celebrity marriages where the woman is infinitely more of a celebrity than the man never seem to work. Like, ever. Good luck you two.

-Those hoping for a “Friends” reunion can quit holding your breath. According to Courteney Cox, that just ain’t happening and you can blame it all on one person: David Schwimmer. If Ross wasn’t a big enough p***y on the show, now he’s being one in real life. Way to ruin it for everyone Ross. You’re nobody’s lobster anymore.

-Hilary Duff is starting to date random dudes on Tinder and is telling everyone about it. She went bowling on a Tinder date? Hilary, let me fill you in o something. As much as I’d like to date you, I’m afraid if we did you wouldn’t appreciate me kicking your ass at bowling. It’s kinda my thing. I mean, when you got it, you got it. Sorry, but I show no mercy at the lanes.

-A lot going on in the Kardashian world nowadays, and here’s a story that has me confused. Not that we haven’t heard this rumor for years that Robert Kardashian isn’t really Khloe’s father, but apparently she told Lamar she knows he isn’t her dad and this is going to be revealed on the season finale? Huh? I would think this would be a bigger story if Khloe is telling everyone she knows he’s not her father, so I’m guessing this isn’t true. He certainly doesn’t look to be her father since she looks nothing like him or her sisters. But she told Lamar in private? Ummmm, ok.

-What would a “Daily Links” be without an update on Bruce? Wanna know what Bruce likes best about being a woman? He likes wearing heels and doing his hair more than anything. If you thought Bruce’s interview with Diane Sawyer was a big deal, just wait until he finally makes his “official” gender reveal whenever that is.

-Scarlett Johannsen is your host for SNL this week. Here are her promos. Ummm, when did she go to the pixie cut and when is it going away? Thanks.

-Uh oh. Major happenings in T Swift land. Calvin Harris has met her cats. That’s a big deal. Like, a HUGE deal. Especially in Taylor’s world since she never stops talking about her cats which essentially makes me lose faith in a future relationship with her.

-The Biebs is going to make a cameo in “Zoolander 2.” Will I be crucified if I say that I’ve never seen the original? Ben Stiller is hit and miss for me. Some of his stuff I love (“Dodgeball,” “Meet the Fockers,” “There’s Something About Mary”), then there’s pretty much everything else he’s done. Can’t say I’m gonna rush out and see this one.

-Speaking of more sequels, looks like they’re heading for a female version of “21 Jump Street.” Now this I could get behind if they cast the right twosome. Why do I feel like it’s a no-brainer Melissa McCarthy will somehow be cast in this? Isn’t this pretty much right up her alley?

-And finally, today’s sports story revolves yesterday’s bizarre Orioles/White Sox game played in front of no one. With everything going on in Baltimore, the game was closed to the public. What I didn’t understand is that plenty of people were still across the street watching the game through the fence. They couldn’t have let those people in. Obviously they were close enough to watch the game themselves so it’s not like the area was shut down. Why not just let them into the game? The whole situation down there is a complete mess. However it was totally bizarre watching that game on TV yesterday. Amazing how much different a game on TV is with absolutely no crowd noise.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. findthescoop2

April 30, 2015 at 10:42 AM

here are so many rumors surrounding Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff split. However, there don’t seem to be a problem with the “long distance relationship”. What is really going on? Fans are beginning to wonder if a break-up is true. No, it isn’t about distance because she had worked that out real good now she is back to work and not showing up in the audience on DWTS

2. tgp51

April 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM

My opinion is that the trashy media is having a heyday trying to stir things up. Maybe she had stuff to do at that Clinic in Chicago? Is she supposed to sit in the apt ABC puts them up in all day waiting for Chris to waltz in all sweaty and smelling of Witney C’s deodorant? Nonetheless it appears doomed.

On another note about Soules, you Jersey girls can pay $100 for a meet and greet with him at an iplay America event on June 13th. Your 100 bucks gets you “Pre-Event Private VIP Reception with The Bachelor – Pre-Event
    Includes: refreshments with meet and greet inclusive of a personal downloadable photo, a personalized signed photo, reserved VIP seating area”

Good Lord…..

3. cjscjs711

April 30, 2015 at 12:41 PM

I’d chalk it up to rumor mongering too if it didn’t jibe with what’s see in body language between the two of them. From the first appearance ATFR, he barely seems interested in touching her or even looking at her.

They both seem to be trying to force it to make it work, especially her. But he seems to clearly need more time to date Hollywood starlets or something. She should not waste any more of her time. Hopefully she’s had opportunities to meet men more her intellectual and emotional match……

4. mizliz

April 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM

@tgp51 Thanks for the tip. That’s right down the road from me. Hilarious. Meet and Greet with Chris Soules. Intrigued, but not going to waste a Saturday.

April 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Well, it’s not difficult to figure out what the issues may be in Whitney & Chris’ relationship. Chris is a corn-picking dolt who won the lottery with The Bachelor & is milking it for all it’s worth. Whitney is a delusional quasi-Fatal Attraction Glenn Close wanna be who’s biological clock seems to be on overdrive. She basically wanted to get married, move to Siberia & start popping out babies ASAP. It had to be a cold splash of water in her face to realize that Chris was in it to bask in the glory & cash benefits. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s basking in the female benefits now available to him as well. He’s really taken the attention whoring to the max level. That had to be tough for Whitney. That, and visiting Arlington, IA for real had to be like a jolt from a taser turned up to “10”. (remember, she was the only cast member among the latter group that never went there. So, yeah, it’s not hard to imagine that reality has set in & they’re trying to figure out how to end it without having the crazies attacking them with ice picks at mall events.

6. hattiebloom

April 30, 2015 at 4:08 PM

I haven’t read anything about a breakup, but it was wondering why she hasn’t been shown in the DWTS audience and hasn’t tweeted in days. Chris just posted a family pic from their DWTS visit that includes Whitney. He did not specifically refer to her in his post and it seems apparent he’s trying to do a clean-up act without addressing the truth.

While Sean and Chris lapped up the spotlight and continued being seduced by D level fame, I don’t think they realize that we’re all sick of seeing the, on our televisions.

Whitney could do better, just lose the desperation sweetie. Chris is a tool.

7. hattiebloom

April 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM

While Sean and Chris lapped up the spotlight and continued being seduced by D level fame, I don’t think they realize that we’re all sick of seeing them on our televisions.

Whitney could do better, just lose the desperation sweetie. Chris is a tool.

8. sprung

April 30, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Re lapping up spotlight and attention whoring.. Might you be tempted to put up with tabloid crap, silly fan and not-fan speculation, put on a smile and go for it, for what so far is about $185k on top of Bachelor pay. But then, a little Iowa town sounds a whole lot more appealing to live in than anywherenear Los Angeles so what do I know.

9. carolina

April 30, 2015 at 9:52 PM

So Steve, do you have any information about what is going on with Chris and Whitney?

May 1, 2015 at 5:36 AM

@sprung: you make a good point. When people in suits start pushing large checks your way, how would we react? And they’re not doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening. So, why the hell not? That’s the rational of all reality TV “stars”. But they have to accept the public beatings they take & the toll it takes on them and their family. For Chris & Whitney, they only knew each other for 6 weeks, so if they break up…. honestly, it’s not really of a big loss for either. It’s like a girl you met on vacation & decided to keep at it long distance. How long do those things last typically? A month? For me, the fame whoring/cash tradeoff wouldn’t be worth it. I’d like to say that I’d take a walk. However, I can’t say with 100% certainty that I would refuse to cash checks being thrown at me.

11. findthescoop2

May 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM

rob22, she did visit Arlington, she just wasn’t with the group of girls that went there. She visited her parents home, and his home. All of that was on the bachelor. I don’t see why people are saying he isn’t going to marry anybody. He is 33 years old he says he wanted to get marry and have a family.