The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn/Britt

Your “Bachelorette” Teasers Answered

Since we’re just 5 days away from the premiere next Monday, and the first episode has not been released online as of this writing (hopefully it’ll go up sometime today), I figured today I would just answer all the teaser questions I gave you within the last few weeks to hold you over til Monday. I’ll be releasing your episode-by-episode spoilers for the season on Monday which covers the whole season. Couple small things still not filled in yet due to their change in schedule, but as I told you yesterday, I received the ending to the show last week and will be releasing it Monday. I got an email yesterday from someone who told me they “heard a rumor” about the ending but wanted to run it by me first. As I’ve said numerous times before, I don’t deal in rumors in speculation. If I did, I’d be telling you stuff every day that I hear. With that said, this rumor of how the ending of the show plays out couldn’t have been more wrong if they tried. So yeah, no one is reporting anything because no media outlets know anything. It’s all a guessing game when you don’t have sources. Social media is not a source unfortunately. You will have your answers come Monday. Now, onto your teaser answers…

There are a couple short clips in the ABC press bundle from the first night, and one is interesting. You can see the tone they were trying to set by showing this. Britt is the serious one looking for love, and Kaitlyn is the jokester who may or may not be taking this as serious. Once all the guys are in the house and Kaitlyn and Britt address them for the first time, Kaitlyn tells a joke like she did last season. The joke went like this:

Kaitlyn: “Knock, Knock.”
Guys: “Who’s there?”
Kaitlyn: “Two Bachelorettes.”
Guys: “Two Bachelorettes who?”
Kaitlyn: (Laughing) “That’s the joke.”

Which then immediately cuts to an ITM of Britt saying, “Kaitlyn’s joke kinda speaks to what is different about Kaitlyn and I in this journey, like, this is our chance to walk into the room and say ‘This is what I’m looking for,’ it’s not to do stand up…” and then cuts back to Britt when she addresses the guys saying “I just wanna say I’m looking for my best friend. I’m looking for someone to share my life with and that’s really fun. Like I’m looking for an adventure partner and I think we all are here for the same reason I hope…” Then cutting back to Britt’s ITM of her saying, “We’re just different. And that’s one of the things that’s different about us, I think, is maybe what we’re looking for and how serious we are about finding it.” OUCH. Well, considering her humor won out over your seriousness, I guess it really didn’t matter now did it Britt? Then again, you never had a chance to be the “Bachelorette” anyway since the producers had determined it was going to be Kaitlyn, so your assessment of her kinda fell on deaf ears. Kaitlyn could’ve told an X-rated joke on the first night and she still would’ve been the “Bachelorette.”

I answered 5 of these already, and then after the first promo came out and the first press release, you probably could’ve figured out what some of the other ones are. But here’s all of them together in a nice bundle for you.

-How did the limo entrances work with two girls standing there? Each guy had to make their own decision on who to approach first – Britt or Kaitlyn. I think this is the one thing I’m looking forward to most on seeing the first episode early as I will tell you which girl each guy approached first. Judging by one promo, Kupah flipped a coin to see who to go to first.
-Who made an ass of themselves early on? That would be Ryan McDill after getting piss drunk, stripping down into a speedo, jumping into the pool, and being asked to leave the first night. But Shawn Evans wasn’t far behind.
-Which guy shot himself in the foot by becoming way too cocky? Chris Harrison gave this one away in his “5 Guys To Watch” column, but that’s Clint.
-How was the voting handled on the first night? This was given away in the promo, but each guy went separately into a voting room where there were two boxes. One for Kaitlyn and one for Britt. They placed a rose into the box of the girl they wanted to keep, and that sentence sounded dirtier than it should have.
-Who got injured (not on the boxing date)? Tony. Not sure if it’ll be shown or not, but he ended up having ACL surgery.
-Which guy sucked helium out of balloons on his limo entrance? Justin.
-Which guy arrived in a cupcake car, thus earning him the nickname this season of “Cupcake?” Well, that would be Chris. Dentist? Sweet tooth? Get it? Bhahahahahahahahaha. Hilarious. He should take his act on the road.
-How many black guys are on this season and did they last longer than they usually do? 3. Kupah, Jonathan, and Ian. Ian lasted the longest.
-What do Roberto and one of the guys this season have in common? Chris. Just like Ali’s season when they had a group date with the guys auditioning to be part of the “Lion King” play, they did the same for Kaitlyn except it was for “Aladdin.” Chris ended up winning and got to perform with Kaitlyn as the others got sent back to the hotel.
-Which guy is best friends with one of the producer’s fiance and was a late add to the cast, basically skipping most of the interview process? Ben Z.
-Why was Nick a little bitch? Nick was hazed the first night he was there then went running to complain to Kaitlyn about it. Seriously, grow a pair already. What did you think was gonna happen?
-Who busted out the boom box on his limo entrance and tried to dance? Daniel Finney.
-Who had on a superhero shirt underneath his suit that he busted out the first night? Jared Haibon.
-Who was the villain or most disliked guy in the house? In the beginning, it was Clint. Once he was eliminated, I’m pretty sure JJ is going to get the edit of the loudmouth guy who basically has no filter.
-Why was the first 1-on-1 date of the season significant? Because it went to Clint, he got a rose, and by the next episode Kaitlyn had sent him home before the rose ceremony because he was essentially being an arrogant ass to everyone. I’ll tell you what they did on their date in Monday’s episode-by-episode recap.

I’ll try and think of something else tomorrow and Friday to hold you over until Monday, but until then, let the rampant speculation based on nothing whatsoever continue! By all means, if anyone thinks they have any clue to how they think the season ends, I’d love to hear it. I’m willing to bet that every guess is wrong, but hey, that’s just me.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. missannmcd

May 13, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Looking forward to the spoilers RS. Thanks for always doing the best job possible. Might be an entertaining season after all. I might even watch a few episodes for a change since I like Kaitlyn’s humor. Best wishes Stevie.

2. elizabeth82

May 13, 2015 at 11:05 AM

“They placed a rose into the box of the girl they wanted to keep, and that sentence sounded dirtier than it should have.” LOL

3. punk

May 13, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Sounds like might have the biggest group of nozzles in history. Meathead fest for sure. Wondering if many of the guys can string along a few coherent thoughts and sentences.

Need to create some sort of drinking game for this season that involves lack of intelligence. Be blasted at the end of every episode, Ryan MdDill style.

4. thatguy181

May 13, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Is it bad if the most important thing I want to hear about in the spoilers is that Nick made an ass of himself and was laughed off the set?

5. angelfish

May 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Not bad, thatguy181. I truly hope Nick stays true to type, makes an ass out of himself and gets humiliated at the end.

All of the guys seem to have exceptionally greasy-looking hair.

6. jest002

May 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I’m excited for this season. Can’t wait to read the spoilers.

May 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I guess the exciting thing about this season is that we have a Bachelorette that’s likely to be off-beat and profane paired with a bunch of roided up jack wagons. The season should go off the rails pretty much from the get go. I’ve pretty much come around to the idea that the romance narrative quickly turns into a pretty dull show. Des and Chris had the perfect romance, seemed like a great couple and actually got married. The result? A total snoozefest season & a marriage that ABC was unwilling to televise, despite their desire, at the time, to hype the romantic connections and play down the breakups. The way this is lining up, it doesn’t look likely that Kaitlyn and and any of these tools will be getting hitched. The edit of this season should be very interesting. Yeah, it could be pretty entertaining.

8. serapa

May 14, 2015 at 7:39 AM

There will be no marriage from this season.

May 14, 2015 at 8:24 AM

It is kind of interesting, I think, in that the show is transitioning into a different generation. This isn’t exactly new, but this is the first time that the show has fully embraced the millennials, or at least the stereotype millennials. Theoretically, the show has been full of this generation for 10 years. But this is the first time the show has had a lead that’s unashamedly tatted up, takes a casual approach to hooking up and employs little filter to what she says. They’re also adding a bunch of self absorbed guys who are really into their own bodies (aka meatheads). Again, I’m not saying there haven’t been a lot of cast members that fit these stereotypes, but they’ve been more of a side show in the past. Now, it’s front and center. If this group was allowed to keep their iPhones, they’d probably be spending a lot of time posting selfies and videos to Snap Chat & keeping up with their Twitter feeds. They’d be sitting in the living room focused on their phones & never speaking to one another. For those of us with young adult children, this is nothing new, but I don’t think we’ve seen this group fully represented on the show like they will be this time. To this group, the goal is to get an overnight date & guaranteed hookup, along with the media face time they’ll get…. leading to more hookup opportunities when they get home. Love & Marriage will be forced into the narrative by the show, but in reality, it’s not going to be a factor in what happens. Again, I’m not saying this is really “new” (think Jef, Arie, Mikey, etc.), it’s just going to be everyone this time, not just a couple of guys.

10. vessel

May 14, 2015 at 9:31 AM

@rob22, how do you know Kaitlyn has a casual approach to hooking up? Yes she has visible tats (so did Ashley H) and she clearly enjoys dirty jokes, but I wouldn’t necessarily make a judgment on how seriously (or not) she takes sex and relationships just based on that. Yeah she commented that she expects the lead (Chris, in her case) to sleep with multiple women during the overnight dates, but that was just rational thinking. Everyone on this show should expect that or they’re being a deluded idiot.

11. angelfish

May 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM

Her own words were “You can’t take out the car without test driving it.”

Sounds like a pretty casual attitude regarding sex.

12. vessel

May 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I took that comment as why would a person commit to marriage without first having a sexual relationship with them. That to me sounds like a pretty sane way to look at a major commitment like marriage, unless you are a Sean Lowe and you’re looking at it from a spiritual point of view. I suppose you could argue her phrasing was crude, but I wouldn’t judge her attitude about sex and relationships/marriage on the whole based on one sentence, and the fact that the girl has a tattoo on each arm.

I get that she’s not everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s fine, I just don’t get summing her up like we all know her personally, we don’t.

May 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM

I didn’t put a value judgement on Kaitlyn, but the quotes that were referenced by you and angelfish are what I based my comment on. It was kind of like “yeah, Chris is going to hook up with several girls. No biggie.” Again, no value judgement, just that she was the first person & certainly the first lead to put it that way. Sure, it’s been going on since season 1, but it’s kind of like the thing nobody talks about & a few cast members have freaked out a bit at the thought of the lead sleeping with multiples. It’s just a different attitude…. a different vibe this time. And, right in line from what I hear from my young adult boys. “Yeah, we hooked up. But that doesn’t make her my girlfriend”. My wife doesn’t do well with it & it’s a bit of an adjustment for me. But, I appreciate the honesty. They’re adults. Their decision. I suggest alternatives ways of approaching sex, but it’s their lives. And that’s how a lot of millennials are approaching sex these days.

14. kitt0nmitt0ns

May 14, 2015 at 4:53 PM

I feel like people forget that Kaitlyn didn’t just decide to freely make comments about how “OK” she is with casual hookups and sex.

She was asked a very uncomfortable personal question by Jimmy Kimmel who put her on the spot by saying something along the lines of “How do you feel about this guy sleeping with three women in the fantasy suite?” If i recall, her response was something like “Everything that happens is part of the process”.

What was she supposed to say? That she completely opposed it and that she refused to allow it? It was their first date and I assume she was trying to be easy going, especially with Jimmy Kimmel there.

I don’t really judge her one way or another, but I think its funny that shes now typecast as having a “loose attitude about sex” when all that happened was that she gave a political answer when being put on the spot by a comedian.

15. klm390

May 14, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Why are people getting their panties in a bunch over the possibility of Kaitlyn being into casual sex? I’ve seen so many people make awful comments about Kaitlyn being “loose about sex”. If we’re being honest, if one of the guys on The Bachelorette had been asked the same question from Jimmy and answered the same as Kaitlyn, no one would have cared. It’s just sex, it can be very personal to some and not to others. Kaitlyn isn’t of less worth than a woman who takes sex more personally, as long as she’s taking precautions. I’m totally ranting, but it’s so irritating to me that people think it’s perfectly acceptable to shame a complete stranger on their sex life, especially when it’s solely based on some jokes she made. Some of the audience of this show (mainly the catty women) need to grow up.

16. cjscjs711

May 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM

As far as I’m aware, there have always been men and women who hold a very casual view toward premarital sex and sex with someone you barely know; and some at the opposite pole. Kaitlyn certainly has a lot of company among the Millennials – no, I wouldn’t call it “casual” either – it’s not like they met in a bar and the guy bought her a drink and they talked a bit before going off to a ‘fantasy suite’. Close, but not exactly the same.

What is not true is that all Millennials have casual attitudes toward sex. Looking at my own son and his friends, “casual” doesn’t apply at all- and they’re not being constrained by fundamentalist religious beliefs either.

Different strokes for different folks.

Quite frankly, if it weren’t for the entertaining blogs and recaps, I wouldn’t bother with this season. It’s so clearly a vehicle for Kaitlyn’s career desires.

17. vessel

May 14, 2015 at 6:24 PM

@kim390 I completely agree. Andi also got a lot of slut-shaming for doing what everyone else, pretty much, has done and I think it was completely unwarranted. I feel like a lot of people’s attitudes about Kaitlyn are along the same lines, including Steve’s. I don’t get why she gets labeled as ‘raunchy’ and ‘casual about sex’ at all. Because she told some dirty jokes? Because she didn’t jealously protest Chris doing what everyone else does in the Fantasy Suite? I mean sure, she’s no Emily Maynard (Thank God!), but before I go pigeon holing her as any specific ‘type’ I’d need a lot more info than the footage ABC chose to show us. And frankly even with more info I wouldn’t label her as ‘loose’ because: 1) this isn’t 100 years ago, and 2) like you said, as long as she’s safe about sex no one should be judging her and questioning her character. I’ve also seen a lot of it on social media and it’s really rather alarming to read in 2015.

18. cjscjs711

May 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM

I do remember a lot of slut-shaming of Andi for Nick. Haven’t read much about Kaitlyn. All I can say is she’d better watch it with the “fiance-type” stuff if she takes Nick into the Fantasy Suite and then dumps him.

19. vessel

May 14, 2015 at 8:36 PM

What I’m looking forward to least is the inevitable second wave of never ending Kaitlyn/Britt comparisons that will come with the first two episodes. I feel like that is so two months ago but for the vast majority who have no idea what happened/who is the actual Bachelorette it will be fresh next week and here we go again…

20. sablesable

May 15, 2015 at 5:42 AM

Actually Jillian Harris also talked openly about having sex on the show. She talked about Ed not being able to perform after the overnight dates.

May 15, 2015 at 5:59 AM

I find the whole idea of slut shaming funny. There are a couple of guys, if you recall, that received plenty of criticism for sleeping with every girl possible. Bob Guiney and Bachelor #1, Alex Michel received a ton of backlash. Alex may have driven the whole issue underground and set the stage for keeping everything on the down low with the slamming he got in the media. And no guy wants to be considered “the next Bob Guiney”. Also, you’re free to criticize RS, but he has also slammed a lot of alumni like Jef Holm, Arie, Mikey, and all the participants in Bachelor Pad/BIP for their behavior. But if he, or anyone, criticizes Andi or Kaitlyn for being casual about sex, suddenly it’s slut shaming. Come on you guys. It’s equal opportunity criticism here. You may not agree with any of the criticism, but there is no anti female sex agenda that I can see.

22. angelfish

May 15, 2015 at 6:12 AM

Sadly, I would say most of the slut shaming came from women. Not very supportive of a woman’s right to do as she pleases.

I definitely don’t think Kaitlyn has no morals and is indiscriminate with sleeping around simply because she has tattoos and likes dirty jokes. And while I think she has a casual ATTITUDE about sex, I never said she was casual about HAVING sex. Totally different things to me.

23. klm390

May 15, 2015 at 7:55 AM

@rob22, I get that. Slut shaming is wrong either way. Slut shaming women is wrong, and slut shaming men is wrong. You can say whatever you want about the ~few~ men on this show who have received backlash for their behavior regarding sex, but there has absolutely been more women during the history of this show be attacked for giving off “raunchy or inappropriate behavior” regarding sex than men, and more belligerently. It’s a problem among both genders, but it’s simply a fact that slut shaming is more prevalent among women. All Kaitlyn did was make a few dirty jokes and take off her bikini bottoms, and people decided to draw the conclusion that she’s “immoral and raunchy”. I didn’t watch Alex and Bob’s seasons, but the last time I checked, Steve never slut shamed Arie, Jeff, or Mikey. He only insinuated that they were assholes and that some men on this show like to prey on former female contestants. Not really the same thing as constantly posting pictures of Jade’s nude modeling and throwing antics over how she was never going to be taken seriously by any man because she decided to take naked pictures. You say it’s “equal criticism”, but that criticism on a person’s personal sex life shouldn’t exist in the first place. It’s just gross. Anyone that shames a person over their sex life, regardless of their gender, has a stick up their ass. This shouldn’t even be a conversation.

May 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM

The way I see it, yes, sexuality is private & it’s our own business how we approach it. But, not when they go on national TV and act like poon-hounds or slut-bags. For that matter, if they get hammered, act like a douche or are the bitch of the house, that’s open season too.

I do think RS has gone out of his way to portray Arie and Jef Holm as male-sluts well after their seasons were over. He has especially slammed Jef for chasing young girls & being anything but the pure nice boy he tried to portray on the show.

But, I guess this is a sensitive issue for some. I just think when someone goes on a reality show that’s watched by almost 10M people & behaves in a certain way, it’s going to be criticized. Heck, Sean even got criticized for trying NOT to have sex, as does someone every year who comes out as a virgin. That’s kind of the point of reality TV. It’s not to show how great everyone is & have everyone kissing their tails about how cool they are. No, it’s to generate buzz, a lot of it negative. Most people don’t watch the Kardashians because they love them. The Real Housewives? Is there even one of them that’s vaguely likable?

25. klm390

May 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM

@rob22, Slut bag? How old are you? By your ideology, women shouldn’t be allowed to openly express her sex life. If she does, she’s a “slut”. If a person treats their sexual conquests as prizes and acts like an arrogant asshole who thinks they’re better than everyone else because of their sex life, then sure, that kind of behavior can be called out. But no, being open ( talking about sex in a non obnoxious manner/generally expressing an openness to sex without being arrogant about it) about sex on TV does not warrant slut shaming. It’s bullying behavior when that person’s sex life hasn’t harmed anyone else, and regardless of what you may think, you are a part of the problem if you actually think otherwise. The only thing that can reasonably called out about a person on TV is if said person is just a horrible individual (lying, treating people like shit, cheating, etc). Juan Pablo is a good example. You can have your own personal opinions and preferences regarding sex, but dragging a person’s sex life into it with judgement is just blatant immaturity. We’re not in high school.

Even if he does slut shame Arie and Jeff, trying to use that point isn’t really a valid argument. It’s wrong either way, and I clearly stated that. The only thing I said was that the slut shaming was more prevalent among women on this show than men. I never said it didn’t exist among the men. If Steve has said all that, it’s not right but it only means that Steve does it with both male and female contestants. Don’t make assumptions about a person’s character based on their sex life. That goes for both men and women.

Just because slut shaming (and in Sean’s and Ashley I’s case, virgin shaming) happens a lot it doesn’t make it right. It doesn’t mean I think slut shaming women and men on this show (and just in general) is going to stop anytime soon, because realistically it probably won’t. But it’s still wrong and unnecessary and I think it’s important for people to at least be told that. You can generate positive and negative buzz about reality TV without bestowing judgment upon reality stars over their sex lives. Drama always ensues on reality TV for a number of different things that don’t have anything to do with the star’s sexual preferences.

26. anonime

May 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Kaitlyn is sleazy. And her rapping is pathetic.

27. bitsyvonbusty

May 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM

This comment section is a good study in the differences of male/female comments.

If your screen name/persona is male – comment however you like. Make off color remarks and bloviate to no end. No repercussions. Just debate.

Make those same comments from a female screen name and you will be hen pecked and shamed by other commenters.

Double standards exist everywhere.

28. vessel

May 16, 2015 at 8:35 AM

@anonime, what, exactly, about Kaitlyn is ‘sleazy’? I’m kind of incredulous that you would make that judgment especially after reading some of the other comments posted here. Wow.

29. heather3393

May 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM

I personally dont see why everyone thinks Britt is the better looking one. I think Kaitlyn is beautiful!! I love how her eyes pop. And her personality is great too. Britt has way to much poufy hair and so boring. Kait was the better choice!!

30. elizabeth82

May 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM

heather3393, I agree about Kaitlyn! More beautiful, great eyes, more genuine and appealing personality. Interesting how Chris Soules said he nearly gave her the first impression rose instead of Britt.

31. Athena

May 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM

kim 390 – Right on! You go girl!

32. vessel

May 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM

The is the first season ever that my husband has seemed slightly looking forward to the show, he was kind of gaga over Kaitlyn since Chris’ first episode, it’s kind of cute. I think she’s completely stunning looking as well.

33. anonime

May 18, 2015 at 8:42 AM

@vessel “I’m kind of incredulous that you would make that judgment especially after reading some of the other comments posted here. Wow.”
    It appears that you prefer only people who agree with you to comment here. The implication being, that after reading other comments , if I do not agree, then I should just be cowed into being silent. Myopic on your part.
    And Kaitlyn’s sleaziness is self-evident.