The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn/Britt

“Bachelorette” News & Notes, Kaitlyn on E!, Chris Harrison Book Signing Tonight

I’m going to put off “Dr. Reality Steve” for a week since I only have one email. A few “Bachelorette” news and notes to get to, plus tonight is the return of the live video chat. Now for those that have iphones, you’ve kind of gotten a mini live video chat in recent weeks with the advent of Periscope. Only problem with it is you have to have an iphone, and the questions come so fast and furious, I feel like I’m in a rush to answer everything or else I miss the next question. With the live video chats, it’s more easier to navigate through everything and I can take my time. The video chats aren’t going anywhere. Periscope I’m still trying to figure out it’s purpose and how often to use it. I’m sure I’ll do updates here and there, but at least you know with the video chats it’s the same time, same place every week. Thursday nights at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST (Well, except in 2 weeks I have to move it to Wednesday night June 3rd since I’ll be in Vegas for the birthday weekend starting on the 4th).

Speaking of my Vegas birthday, a tentative change in plans. I just found out yesterday that Mix Lounge is closing as of June 1st. Wonderful. So the meeting spot for Saturday night will have to be somewhere else now. That really puts a crimp into the plans since that place is perfect for what I wanted to do. The last thing I want to be at is a Vegas club and just tell everyone to show up and try and find me. That’ll never work. And then making a reservation at a club is out of the question because I won’t know how many are coming, and any club reservation they charge a bottle for every 4-6 people coming. And lets face it, as much as I love my readers and anyone coming to Vegas in two weeks, I certainly am not gonna charge you to show up, and I don’t want to get stuck with a bill on 5-6 bottles. I’ll think of something in the meantime for Saturday. If you still want in for Friday’s private party, there are a couple spots still open. Had a twosome drop out this morning. Email me and I will let you know the details.

Kaitlyn is front and center on the firing line with the media now that the season preview has been released. She appeared on E! News yesterday and didn’t shy away from talking about the preview, nor her prior “relationship” with Nick (video starts playing immediately, so make sure your speakers aren’t blasting):

She better get used to this because basically every interviewer is going to ask it until the end of July. And just wait til we get closer to the finale. These next couple episodes will just be fluff for the most part. Once Nick enters the show, it’s a whole new ballgame. Then once the sex happens, watch out. Everyone and their mother will have an opinion. Hell, they already do. I gave you mine already. Kaitlyn has every right to do what she wants with her sex life. It’s just that: HER sex life. But she just has to know with that will come consequences, and maybe she doesn’t think she did anything wrong, but plenty of Middle America conservatives will. And they will let her know about all day, every day. It’s already started and it’s in its early stages right now. Lets see if finally snaps after a while when she gets asked about it for the millionth time.

It’s stories like these that make me happy. E! Online had this major breaking news the other day that Ryan McDill used to date Nikki Ferrell. E! obviously is front and center on a lot of news and occasionally will break stories. But understand, they are absolutely one of the networks in bed with ABC so they will never spoil anything. And when you run stories like this that have been on my site for two months, you pretty much are telling your readers, “Yeah, when it comes to the ‘Bachelorette’ you’re not gonna get anything breaking from us. We have rules to play by.” Which is fine by me. The more sites that are running stories now that have been reported here for the last two months, the more they lose their credibility – at least within this franchise. Other stuff? Have at it. But when you’re HollywoodLife.com and you run a story two days ago about Nick Viall returning to the show this season, you pretty much show your hand that you’ve got nothing.

I showed you the tweets yesterday of Josh Seiter blasting Chris Harrison for being unprofessional on set. Josh went to the Chicago Tribune for an interview to share more thoughts on his experience. Nothing too surprising here, but actually one of the first people to ever openly admit, “Yeah, I just did the show for exposure.” I wish more of them would do that rather than hide behind the stand by of, “Well, I’m not meeting anyone of quality in my normal dating life, so why not?” Such a cop out. Just admit you’re going on the show in hopes it leads to something else because you’re bored with what’s happening in your current life. Would make things so much easier.

Speaking about Periscope earlier, shout out to this journalist in Hilton Head, South Carolina who included me in his article on the benefits of Periscope. Since it’s still in its early stages, I’m sure there’s a lot of kinks it’s trying to work out. For me, I think the two things that stand out that Periscope needs to fix (and they seem like minor things that can be done rather easily), is having a timer to see how long each video is, and the ability to fast forward. If you miss someone’s Periscope broadcast, and watch on replay, when you go to it you have no idea how long it is and can’t fast forward. Maybe the fast forward part is a little tougher, but we should at least see how long each video is before wanting to look at it. Lets face it, it’s 2015. Everyone in America has the attention span of a flea, so you’re curious if the video you’re about to watch is something quick or an hour long. Eventually down the road I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to monetize the app. Right now it’s just something to do for fun if something happens and I pop on to talk about something. Or possibly film tonight from the mall when Chris Harrison is signing his book…

So Chris Harrison will be at the Stonebriar Mall tonight at 7:00 for a book signing, and I’m less than 10 minutes from there. However, my video chat is at 8:00 my time so I obviously need to be back for that. I do have to go to the mall today because my phone is acting up, plus Cheesecake Factory is right next door and that’s like my home away from home. So I’ll head over there around 5:30, wait at the Apple Store I’m sure for an hour or whatever, then head over to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Once I leave there, I’ll walk by and take a couple quick pictures of Chris at the book signing at post them to Twitter and Instagram. I’m not buying his book, I’m not waiting in line, and I have no reason to talk to him. But I’ll at least give you a feel for the crowd that’s there.

One quick update to the spoilers for Tuesday’s episode. I said that during the comedy club date hosted by Amy Schumer, another woman comes up on stage and starts singing a song about boobs then motorboats two of the guys. That girl is Bridget Everett. She’s Amy’s opening act on the road. Here’s some of her work. Man, she really loves talking about her boobs:

And last but finally not least, I forgot I had received this tweet Monday night during the show. I think it speaks for itself. Gotta especially love the hashtag #Back2Melmac. Good stuff.

Talk to you guys tonight. I’m sure it’ll be an hour of sl** shaming questions. Or not. See you then.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tonight.

1. klm390

May 21, 2015 at 10:48 AM

I watched E!’s interview with Kaitlyn and she seemed very honest and open about having sex with Nick. It’s nice to see that she won’t be letting the slut shaming get to her.

May 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM

I think that’s Kaitlyn’s only hope. Stick to the story, don’t hem and haw or back track. Then there won’t be as many questions to ask & most people who move on. Maybe. Hopefully.

The people that don’t like her answers, won’t like them no matter what, but at least everyone will move on to something else. The only problem is that, as Steve noted, as long as the show is on the air, there is a potential every time she gets interviewed, it’s going to come up.

But if she gives the same answers over and over, to the point of becoming boring & repetitive, many will give up asking. They want/need new information to publish.

May 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM

For the record, though, she could have avoided all of this by not revealing details about having sex with anyone on the show. To me, that’s just not smart. It’s like the people that share their entire lives on Social Media…. the drunken binges, the sexual encounters, etc. It’s “honest”, but it’s just not smart. It’s also none of anyone’s business until she starts talking about it to the media. Right about now, the media smells blood in the water.

4. purplerayne

May 21, 2015 at 12:16 PM

I think we can all agree that as a grown woman, Kaitlyn can have sex with anyone she wants, whenever she wants. HOWEVER, she is technically dating other men (on camera!), so to sleep with Nick so quickly really puts the others guys at a disadvantage. More importantly, it creates a false bond with Nick, thats purely hormonal/chemical, which that will cloud her judgement. Its her show, she can do as she pleases…but im telling you, doing so probably sabotaged her chances with her final choices :(

5. sherrybaby

May 21, 2015 at 12:19 PM

My best guess is that Kaitlyn regretted succumbing to the heat of the moment. Not because she regretted the act but more so that she realized her actions could/would be portrayed as insincere and disrespectful among other adjectives.

Even if Kaitlyn didn’t divulge what had transpired, it was likely going to get out sometime/how/where by people who were aware of her activities or Nick (he already has a track history of telling tales out of school).

At that point, she really only had a single direction. Rock and a hard place kind of stuff. Choose Nick to save face, choose Nick because she saw a future with him or choose no one. IMHO.

6. angelfish

May 21, 2015 at 12:56 PM

If nothing else, Kaitlyn set a precedent. Now any rejected candidate from any show can just contact production, tell them they are obsessed with the upcoming Bachelor or Bachelorette, vow to be “good TV” and waltz right in after filming starts. Nice way to get free travel, meals and public attention.

Shawn needs to take note and keep in close touch with everybody so he can crash the next Bachelorette round. Unless Nick has already beaten him to it.

7. brick

May 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM

purplerayne, I agree with your post about Kaitlyn.

What I don’t understand is Steve saying people shouldn’t sl*t shame Kaitlyn when he made a lot of sexist remarks about Jade last season. I don’t think Jade had anything to be ashamed of, but Steve apparently did. That seemed more unfair to me. Jade wasn’t doing anything behind anyone’s back. Kaitlyn’s actions, since she’s dating the others too and not just Nick, seem less honest to me.

8. tgp51

May 21, 2015 at 1:28 PM

ummmm… Steve?? Chris and Whitney. Remember them? ” I give them 3 months and it’s over” and “they are never getting married”
    I dunno… looks legit to me. Everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop and DWTS and the Bachelorette Premiere is
    done and over with. 6 months and counting…

Also Chris Harrison’s pix up there ^. I’m betting he dyes his hair, bleaches his teeth and gets his brows waxed. :-)

9. angelfish

May 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Jade didn’t tell Chris about the nude modelling until she was forced to. It was her JOB, not just a one-time spontaneous indiscretion.

Most adult women have sex, but don’t purposely display their genitals on the Internet for the entire world with a computer. Big difference. Kaitlyn didn’t present nude photos or videos of herself to the guy’s families.

10. jest002

May 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM

I never noticed Kaitlyn’s overbite on Chris’ season, but it kinda interferes with her speech. I couldn’t figure out why it bothered me so much who she sounded like. It’s Miley Cyrus, which is starting to annoy me now.

Is Brady giving anyone else pothead vibes?

I will see how it plays out, but the moment I heard Kaitlyn allowed Nick back, I was put off. And there’s really nothing he can do to win the audience over. I think everyone is over him. By association, I don’t think Kaitlyn is gonna get a pass. Maybe, cause she’s just sooo adorable. lol

11. punk

May 21, 2015 at 2:51 PM

I really do not care about the people on this show. They want fame, and some of them want a good pay day, which I do not blame them for. Kaitlyn cried tears of joy when she won the vote. And not because she is the Bachette, but because she just got PAID.

I just want a good show, and it looks like Kaitlyn is going to provide just that. She is the wild and morally loose girl this show has been begging for for a while now. The emotions will run high and the train wreck factor is high, which makes for good TV.

12. nora j

May 21, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I agree Kaitlyn can sleep with whomever she wants but I guess in the premises of the show it’s not normal for the lead to sleep with someone that early in the game..or when did she sleep with him? was it like just a regular one and one date? Has anyone on the show EVER slept with someone before the fantasty suite dates? I mean nothing is wrong with it I guess but it could look bad cuz usually it’s not done on the show. or maybe it’s happened before and we just don’t know. I think it’s good she’s honest but I mean she still did it and it could look bad for the above reasons.

13. cjscjs711

May 21, 2015 at 4:32 PM

@tgp51 The photo above of Harrison has had some heavy-handed retouching. All the same, people in his position, and aging, are likely to have cosmetic procedures done – usually Botox and fillers – because their livelihood depends upon their looking young. Or younger. So if he were to show his greying hair and sun-damaged skin as it were, with no procedures done, he’d actually be putting his job at some risk. Not as much so as for a woman, but that’s the way the business is…..

Kaitlyn is indeed, undoubtedly a woman old enough to have sex as many times with as many men in whatever way as she pleases. Yes this is the 21st century.

That is so not the issue.

The issue here is, she went on this show with the understanding that she’s looking for a husband. That’s what the show purportedly is about, and is so to many people who watch it. Therefore, the weeks leading up to that decision/choice “Final Rose” is supposed to be your courtship leading up to that point. So—- this is what you do? Before hopefully getting a marriage proposal from your favorite, you sleep with one of his housemates? And then would you expect the one you later dcide you want – to think, “Well she slept with my roommate [or guy next door] three weeks ago but yeah I guess she’s still ready for marriage. That’s fine with me.” Like with Andi, it wasn’t that she had sex with another man. This day and age it’s more uncommon NOT to before marriage. It was having it a day or two before deciding you’re in love for ever and ever with Josh but “made love” to someone else just hours before. Josh must have been pissed to high heaven to hear that! Despite reassurances to the camera.

It’s the circumstances of courtship with the hope of an engagement very soon – to another man. Who’s right there, living in the same house with the guy. And represening to the show that you are sincere about a serious marriage proposal. So if a contestant was reasonably sincere, sleeping with Nick either indicates she’s already chosen her man (so why stick around) or she doesn’t take the process seriously and is in it for publicity and jollies. That more guys didn’t walk off after that, kinda makes one question why they stayed, because the woman certainly wouldn’t seem serious about settling down any time soon. That’s the issue, not the morality of premarital sex as Kaitlyn wants to simplistically frame it.

“Everybody knows these people aren’t seriously in it for love,” is why you’ll hear a lot of viewers saying, “It’s all a farce, everybody faking it. It’s become just a talent showcase not worth wasting time watching.”

It is what it is.

14. bitsyvonbusty

May 21, 2015 at 5:00 PM

If I were a contestant and found out the guy I was vying for slept with another contestant – pre fantasy date – I would definitely walk out.

It is Kaitlyn’s prerogative of course, but in the context of this situation, it is highly disrespectful and would disqualify someone as marriage material to me.

15. brick

May 21, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Bitsyvonbusty, exactly right. You said it better than me, but that’s the gist of the situation. Doesn’t matter if the person is male or female, it’s disrespectful. From what Steve said, it sounds like the other guys dating Kaitlyn probably only found out with the rest of the audience, while viewing the show after the fact. So Kaitlyn was far from honest with them. My guess is Kaitlyn wouldn’t have been thrilled to be in any of the guys’ shoes on the receiving end.

Kaitlyn’s words say one thing, her actions another about her supposed seriousness. Maybe she’s commitment phobic and this was her out. Sometimes people sabotage themselves.

16. vessel

May 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM

@cjscjs711 Nearly every lead in the history of this show has sex with more than the person they choose in the end. Are you relatively new to the show? The fantasy suites are right before the potential proposal and the lead spends the night without cameras with 3 people. Do they all use their overnight for sex? I’m sure not, but I would argue that most do. Kaitlyn and Andi are FAR from alone in that. As far as their final pick, he/she may be pissed about it, but plenty get over it. Ashley had sex with Ben AND JP right before JP proposed to her. They are happily married with a baby now, so clearly he put it in the past and got over it.

17. vessel

May 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM

@bitsy I wouldn’t like it, either, but I’m just curious, you said before the fantasy suite. Is it different if the lead waits until the fantasy suite to have sex with more than one person? I mean most leads have sex with at least one other person on the show besides the man/woman they choose at the finale, but is it less disrespectful in your opinion if it just happens in the fantasy suites?

I’m not sure yet how I’d feel about it. I think I’d expect the guy I was vying for to sleep with whoever they take to the FS, because Sean aside almost all of them do. Just not sure if it happened sooner how much difference it would make.

18. bitsyvonbusty

May 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM

KAITLYN JUST TWEETED: People compliment me for being real and candid, but then use it against me. This world is confusing.

She also retweeted this gem from BECCA: Whether you’re talking about me being a virgin or talking about Kaitlyn in Bach promo–if it’s negative or judgmental, pls keep it to yourself.

I like both of these gals, but seriously…..gimme a break!!! You CHOSE to go on tv and now you’re whining that people are being judgmental?!?! Boo frickin’ hoo ladies.

19. bitsyvonbusty

May 21, 2015 at 5:52 PM

@vessel…..I think if you get to the Fantasy Suite, you are well aware that you may be sharing secretions. In my real world of sanity and maturity, I would never go for this scenario. In the land of desperation and reality tv, at least I’d know what to expect.

I love Kaitlyn. I love women. I love sex with men. However, she really screwed up (pun!) on this — i understand heat of the moment, but girl……in this situation, really? I have no doubt Steve’s spoiler is correct in this situation. Her only option was to pick Nick and she probably soon realized he’s a hot mess.

20. brick

May 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Angelfish, you’re forgetting Kaitlyn happily took her pants off on TV in front of millions and has only the censors to thank for blurring her body. Many people have a past prior to meeting a partner of one sort or another. Perhaps Kaitlyn too, if she’s so eager to get naked on TV.

Vessel, there’s no doubt the idea behind the Fantasy Suites is a bit much. Still, there are a few differences. (1) It’s later in the season when the bachelor or bachelorette is supposedly deciding amongst the final two or three she (or he) has gotten close to (not 20 or so people she’s slowly getting to know), and (2) – all the guys (or women, if it’s a bachelor) know about the fantasy suites so everything is pretty much on the table and aboveboard. Kaitlyn gets it on with Nick far earlier in the season and without letting the other guys know. If they knew then and there, no doubt more would have walked off the show just as I’m sure many women would have done the same had they known about Courtney and Ben on his season.

Just who is Kaitlyn being honest about this? That she talks in front of the camera is hardly letting the guys know where they stand. Steve maintains the guys didn’t know at the time. In which case they know now and just like on Ben’s season, they’re probably like the women and heaving a sigh of relief they got off (for those few who were seriously open to developing a relationship with her). Gender isn’t the issue. Seriousness is.

21. angelfish

May 21, 2015 at 7:01 PM

@brick,
    I didn’t forget about Kaitlyn’s butt flash at the lake. But as I pointed out, Kaitlyn didn’t get paid for that. It wasn’t her livelihood that she hid from Chris. It was a single episode that would never go on her resume. Not so for Jade. I think that’s why she was criticized.

But she really just wanted to have sex with Nick. That was absolutely obvious from the preview & makes it also look obvious that she was lying to all the other guys about everything. It was about Nick from the day her filming started. She knew he was coming and had no intention of being fair to the other guys.

Was it her “being true to herself”? Yep. But don’t lie to the world and pretend you were being fair.

22. brick

May 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Personally I’d have preferred Jade as bachelorette over Kaitlyn. Or Becca. But it is what it is. I guess we’ll just have to grin and bear it. I do find Kaitlyn’s tweets unintentionally hilarious.

23. cjscjs711

May 21, 2015 at 7:20 PM

@brick I think you and I see it in a similar way. The issue is how serious is the person about why they’re there.

“If Kaitlyn had just said “I plan on having sex with who I want, when I want”, I’m sure the guys would have been fine with that.” Yes, probably very fine with it. But not in a potential wife. Kind of a bad omen! That most husbands are not comfortable with.

People who like Kaitlyn are going to continue to defend her and believe she was seriously looking for a husband and didn’t lie about that. And some, like myself, will think she blatantly was not. And if ‘they all lie about that, they’re all just on to further their careers, so if they’re all lying it’s OK,’ maybe this show has jumped the shark.

24. brick

May 21, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I think this season’s Men Tell All episode should be interesting.

25. brick

May 21, 2015 at 7:37 PM

cjscjs711, I agree. Well said.

26. tgp51

May 22, 2015 at 5:31 AM

AGREE!!! @bitsyvonbusty

And also these past contestants trying to stay alive on social media… MOVE on. Your 15 minutes of fame are O.V.E.R.

I do not follow ANY of these people on Twitter or IG. I could care less about their spirituality quotes on life, if they are virgins or what they ate for lunch.
    Yeesh….

May 22, 2015 at 5:43 AM

So…. based on the comments taking an ugly turn against Kaitlyn (and they’re pretty much the same on all the boards)…. suddenly Britt’s looking a lot better. Right?…. Well, maybe if we were really serious about the show. But we’re not! Bring on the train wreck!!! Two shows and it’s already off the rails. That’s f’ing awesome!

28. brick

May 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Bottom line – I’m certain the producers are happy they chose Kaitlyn as the lead. They got what they wanted and Kaitlyn did not disappoint. I hope Steve is wrong though and we find other things to talk about as the season progresses. This is just the news of the day. Surely Kaitlyn can put her foot in her mouth in other ways in the days ahead.

29. purplerayne

May 22, 2015 at 11:21 AM

If you think about it, Sean is the only bachelor to get married…and Sean is the only male lead not to have slept with anyone. Its not a surprise. Not many women would be cool with having their husband to be sleep with another women a few days prior to engagement, even if it is part of the show. With the Bachelorettes…it might be the same. Meaning the men also have a hard time swallowing (no pun intended!) that their girl slept with a friend/fellow contestants. Yes, Ash slept with Ben and yet still got a happy marriage, but JP is the exception, not the rule. If you are serious about wanting to be married, you might need to consider keeping things zipped up.

May 22, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I do think the show is on dangerous ground when they stop pretending that the show is about love. That’s messing with a winning formula. Granted, it’s all an illusion. The vast majority of the cast has always been there for exposure, fun, travel, free alcohol & hookups. Think Jessie Palmer, a 3rd string QB, parlaying the show into an ESPN gig. Think of Bob Guiney sleeping his way through the cast.

But the show has always pretended to be about love & carried that storyline. Anyone that deviated from the script too far, and too overtly, suddenly became a person “not there for the right reasons”. They were shunned in the house & eventually, most of those were booted. Notable exceptions being Courtney & Vienna. Those exceptions caused angry outbursts from the crazies. Like Courtney & Vienna were the only two ever on the show for their own selfish reasons.

If the show overtly becomes about blatant hooking up & blows up the love story illusion, how is it different from all the other trashy reality shows? I think the illusion has always kept them a level above the others. Maybe it gave them a level of deniability that it was really just lipstick on a pig that made them different.

31. brick

May 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Purplerayne, also Jason Mesnick. Who caused quite an uproar switching from Melissa to Molly.

I always thought Kaitlyn would have fit in better on Bachelor in Paradise. There she could have hooked up with as many men as she wanted from day one on, and no one in the viewing audience would have batted an eye. But in her eyes she won the lottery getting paid to do the Bachelorette show instead.

32. jest002

May 22, 2015 at 2:36 PM

They probably should keep up the illusion. The vast majority of the audience doesn’t care that it is one, and why should they? We all lie to ourselves about one thing or another, why not something as trivial as a TV show? Maybe I was wrong to think it wouldn’t matter.

As far as Kaitlyn, I do still like her. But I mean, people are gonna judge. She judged the male stripper right away and said Britt could have him. Yes, I know she’s not a stripper… but, certainly, she took her bikini bottoms off, she’s casual about sex, and laughs about making out with all the guys. Which, yes, doesn’t make her a bad person. Stripping alone doesn’t make him a bad person, either. She found it tacky, though, right? Well, people have the right to find what she did tacky. It ends up looking hypocritical.

33. realdeal

May 22, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Kaitlyn is not even pretty and her face looks way older than what her real age is. She’s not aging well at all.

All the guys liked Kaitlyn until they figure out Kaitlyn is into casual sex and a slut. Why do people think she is being “slut shamed”? A slut is defined as someone who sleeps around and Kaitlyn sleeps around on national TV. She’s not stupid and she knows exactly what she was doing. Why bother watching anymore? Kaitlyn ruined it and no one respects her now. Wish Britt was the Bachelorette.

34. Athena

May 22, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I see it a little differently. When the lead waits til the FS to have sex with more than one person , and supposedly is ready for a proposal from one of them, I get more of a yuk-feeling than if it happens when relationships are all clearly still casual.

In other words, taking it into a real life context, it’s one thing to hook up when playing the field with multiple people, but it’s different when things start getting more serious/involved.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

35. cjscjs711

May 22, 2015 at 4:41 PM

@rob22 This is not meant as a slam, but did you read Courtney’s book? She was not into it for exposure. I forget which modeling agency she was signed with but it was one of the top agencies, who I’m sure told her being on that show would do nothing whatsoever for her career and likely would hurt it (which it did – clients didn’t want their products associated with her after the Show). But she went on it anyway. She details in her book how hard she tried to make it work and how hurt she was in detail.

Vienna sounded like she was about to have a mental breakdown from the stress of the failed relationship. Her extended 15 minutes were horrible and kind of like something a psychiatrist would see behind closed doors. So if she was sane, she must have realized she wasn’t doing herself any favors with the TV appearances. She might have originally gone on for exposure, but she definitely got caught up in the relationship, which probably worked out fine for the franchise.

Courtney wanted Ben, she made up her mind she’d beat out the other girls to get him, and she would stop at nothing to get him. She had her hooks out. A little like Whitney, who’d also made up her mind, but Whitney was totally the Southern belle about it and quite considerate of the other girls as she was beating them.

36. vessel

May 22, 2015 at 4:42 PM

@Athena, yes, it makes perfect sense to me, and I’m glad you pointed it out. While I ultimately wouldn’t want the guy on the show sleeping with anyone but me, if I were a contestant, I could get over it easier earlier on than if it was right before a proposal. As I said earlier, of the relationships that worked out the other person (like JP) obviously moved past it, but I think it would be a lot harder to take someone’s feelings toward you as genuine if they are in bed with someone else mere days before a marriage proposal.

In any case I am not judging Kaitlyn, or anyone for that matter, for having sex with whomever they wish, whenever they wish.

@realdeal, by your rationale you must think everyone who ever was on this show is a slut, because aside from Sean Lowe, they ALL ‘sleep around on national TV.’

37. brick

May 22, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Instead of focusing on the many people who sign on the show wanting their 15+ minutes of fame, let’s not forget the couples who are together. I agree the tide has turned and maybe it’s time the show is given a decent burial after this season. These are the couples I know of and I’m probably forgetting some.

Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter
    Ashley Hebert and JP Rosenbaum
    Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried
    Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici
    Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney
    Britt and Brady
    Marcus and Lacy
    Tenley and Kiptyn (recently got back together)
    Deanna Pappas and Stephen Stagliano
    Peyton Wright and Chris Lambton
    Holly Durst and Blake Julian
    Elizabeth Kitt and Ty Brown
    Jesse Csincsak and Ann Lueders

38. vessel

May 22, 2015 at 6:23 PM

If Kiptyn and Tenley are back together then Steve is wrong about her doing BIP.

39. vessel

May 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Also @brick, Stephen Stagliano was never on the show, his brother was. And why not Chris and Whitney? I mean technically they are still together. (not that I think they are actually together anymore, I don’t)

40. brick

May 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Vessel, you’re right – I made a mistake about Tenley and Kiptyn. I thought about adding Chris and Whitney to the list but like almost everyone else I’m anticipating their split anytime now. But you can add them in instead of Tenley and Kiptyn if you think they have a chance. As for Deanna and Stephen, I’m aware Stephen wasn’t on the show so technically they don’t qualify. Except they met because his brother was on the show and so was Deanna, and wouldn’t have otherwise.

My point is some of these people genuinely want to settle down with someone in a long-term one on one relationship. Sure they’re in the minority, but they exist. Add to that others who genuinely want it too, but didn’t find their match on the show which is what happens in real life too – timing/ circumstances were just off.

When you hear what the producers are all about, it’s amazing any genuine people manage to find each other. Good for them that they do despite the odds.

41. nesai

May 23, 2015 at 6:08 PM

I don’t get why people are so quick to defend that kind of behavior. You know a lot of young girls watch the show. I can tell by most of the commenters on social media. From young girls defending the fact that’s its OK to sleep with guys you casually met or just starting to get to know. Doesn’t fly with the younger viewers who are sexually active in high school. This show is trying to condone this kind of behavior. I wonder how many young girls are going to follow in her footsteps. Looking up to someone like her. She’s not a good role model for the younger viewers of the show.

I hate how all these tabloids are getting paid and reality Steve by ABC for the press they’re putting out there. Oh, Kaitlyn’s so freaking real for coming out and saying this BS. They’re trying to make this “slut shaming”, its the timing people are upset about. Not that she had sex. Well, it does show that having sex with a contestant she barely knows, shows she’s not there for the right reasons. Why waste peoples time. Why would anyone stay for the prize of having Kaitlyn be their wife when she’s can’t keep her legs closed that early on. She didn’t pick anyone because the guy she wanted probably will find this out and dump her. Just like how Josh dumped Andi shortly after. The guys that did stay probably just want the fame as much as she does.

I hate how they just show a cliff hanger of Britt and Brady’s love story. They’re going to use her for every single episode to get viewers watching. It’s ridiculous. I will not watch.

42. brick

May 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM

I can’t remember all the details, but didn’t Jason Mesnick send Jillian Harris home after they had sex in the pool, or am I confusing her with someone else? I think it was Jillian. Probably no coincidence producers chose Jillian as Bachelorette.

43. vessel

May 24, 2015 at 8:42 AM

@brick I haven’t seen the very early seasons of the show, but I can’t recall anyone having sex in a pool. If that happened it was before Jason’s. He sent Jillian home at a rose ceremony, as per usual. She was cast as the Bachelorette because it was going to be Molly, but then we all know how that went. Jillian was the next choice so it fell to her.

44. karynr

May 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Athena, that makes perfect sense to me. By FS it’s a little more serous then earlier in the season, when it’s more like playing the field.

I have no right to judge. I was quite wild myself in my twenties and think it’s sad that people have to get on their high horse and slam her for this decision.

But, like someone else said…..really? Nick??? Ick. I guess chemistry is chemistry and who am I to judge? I have no doubt I’ve dated guys in the past and my friends have said “yuck” themselves! Happens to most of us at one time or another.

45. brick

May 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Re. Jillian – Yes, it was either a pool or a hot tub. A friend remembers it too. Jillian expressed regrets and was eliminated at the next rose ceremony. Of course there’s no law in being stupid. If you can’t be stupid in your 20s when can you be. The show just capitalizes on that.

46. findthescoop2

May 25, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Yes, it May 21st posts. DWTS has gone and after watching videos on YouTube in about the after party. I see very awkward situations between Chris and Whitney. Of course, some editing has been done in several of the videos. However, it seems that Witney Carson always want to be around. Several fans have mentioned he seems to be more into Carson. What’s the update with that? sorry, I am so late…but I just got to wondering what’s going on with her and Chris. He seems to be more concerned about her

47. missannmcd

May 30, 2015 at 1:13 AM

I wonder how anyone finds CH “hot”. To me, he isn’t even attractive. Hook nose, no lips, check mark brows and he’s too dang little of a man for my taste. I likes me a manly man! CH is a little wimp and fugly to boot! IMO