Uncategorized

A Look at the First 9 Minutes of “UnREAL” Premiering Next Monday Night on Lifetime

A few months back I had told you about a scripted show coming to Lifetime called UnREAL which was a ficticious look of what goes on behind-the-scenes of a reality dating show. Lifetime has reached out to me since then and I have been working in conjunction with them in efforts to increase publicity for the show’s launch on June 1st. I’ve been given an advanced copy of the show already and have seen the first few episodes. Let me tell you, if you like my website, and you like watching reality dating shows, you will love UnREAL. You’ve all asked questions before about what goes on behind-the-scenes during these dating shows, well this show pretty much captures the essence of it. A lot things you may think you know, but this show brings it into a whole new light. Not everything is as seems on these reality dating shows to say the least. In my partnership with them, I’ve been able to give you the first 9 minutes of the premiere episode airing at 10pm EST, Monday June 1st. Enjoy…

Man, it’s like I want “Everlasting” to be an actual show that I can watch. And that’s only the first 9 minutes of the premiere. The show really dives into the inner workings of what really goes on behind-the-scenes with the executive producers, field producers, production assistant’s, etc. I’m pretty sure a lot of you will relate this show to things you’ve seen on other reality dating shows, some of which may be directly ripped from them. All in all I can say that it’s very well done with comedy, mixed in with some drama, and throw a little sex in there as well. Perfect! Pretty much everything I need for my entertainment viewing.

Yes, we do get to see clips of the ficticous “Everlasting” show, but UnREAL is much more about the characters that go into creating that show, and the lengths they will go to get the maximum effect for their show. Not to mention, one of the main characters Rachel, has quite an interesting past on “Everlasting” that will be revealed in future episodes. That will most definitely get people talking as to why she acts the way she does and her motivation for how she handles her job. All in all I can’t recommend it more to the readers of my site since I know how much you love the juicy, inside gossip of what really happens on these shows. UnREAL is the first show of its kind to sort of expose the dirty underbelly of reality TV dating shows, and I love it. Hope you do too.

Check out its premiere on June 1st at 10 EST on Lifetime. You won’t be disappointed.

1. vessel

May 26, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Can’t watch the video in Canada :(

2. megsel

May 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Is there anyway to make this available to Canadians? We like reading your site too!!!

3. mderk

May 26, 2015 at 1:26 PM

yes help us canadians out!

4. cjscjs711

May 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Steve! You don’t have anything to say about the exciting Bachelorette episode we saw last night? It was so interesting and nobody talked in a monotone or was repetitive….. ?? UnREAL does look good. I saw another preview somewhere else.

May 26, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Looks good. Like the head producer who played a hard core agent and studio head on Entourage. She’s awesome. I’m recording it for sure.

6. bitsyvonbusty

May 26, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I lasted about a minute…..not my thing.

I did happen to hear an interview today with Mike Fleiss on the Entertainment Weekly channel on Sirius XM.

Nothing said was remarkable, except Fleiss when asked about spoiler sites, commented that he viewed them as a high compliment to the success of the show. In other words, I don’t think he loses much sleep over RS or this site.

7. jest002

May 26, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I have to honest. If I have to describe what I saw in one word – obnoxious. I don’t think it’s for me.

8. jcrew617

May 26, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Looks like a really interesting show and well-made. Since its scripted it won’t be seem as cheesy or forced like the bachelor. I think that fleiss has learned that viewers want pre-planned twists, planned drama, and crazy people. Reality tv is boring, there are now successful fake-reality shows like kardashians, housewives, etc. Viewers love craziness and twists. The peak scandal was Molly-Jason and I think it re-invigorated the creativity of the show for dramatic, scandalous ratings. In essence RS creates social media buzz that regular marketing can’t replicate.

9. diane

May 26, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I haven’t watched Lifetime channel since I was in my early 20’s. Too sappy. But….now I just got a reason to watch it. This show looks really good!!

May 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM

No doubt that MF has figured out that this site HELPS his ratings. That’s no doubt why the lawsuits and war of words has faded into the background.

11. bitsyvonbusty

May 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM

True that @rob22, but I think RS likes to believe he is more of a nemesis than he really is.

May 27, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Someone commented that CH probably planned his book signing for the Dallas location, in part, because he knew he’d get free coverage from RS & possibly a pic, or two. I think there’s something to that. That’s Gorilla Marketing 101 on how to get free publicity. A publicized book signing w/ extra coverage to drive local fans there & the possibility of online sales driven by RS commenting on it. It’s kind of brilliant, especially since CH is more of a legend in his own mind. In reality, he’s lucky if he gets D List status from the book publisher and everyone else. I’m guessing an agent or publicist came up with the idea. CH would never have come up with that on his own.

May 27, 2015 at 11:51 AM

@bitsyvonbusty: true, but once there definitely was that caustic relationship. There were actual lawsuits and cease and desist orders & some actual illegal behavior by RS. So, it was true once. It just hasn’t been in a long time and they’ve reached some sort of detente. I’m sure MF doesn’t love RS since he still makes snide remarks about him and the show in the blog. But to anyone in entertainment with half a brain, they know that it’s all free publicity. And even if RS is calling them names & talking about what Over-sensitive, ethics challenged, phonies they all are, it’s publicity nonetheless.

As negative as we can all be about the franchise, we all watch. Very few come to this site & don’t ever watch the show.