Videos

Reality Steve Live Video Chat – Thursday, June 4th 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST

Spreecast is the social video platform that connects people.

Check out Reality Steve Live Video Chat 6/3 on Spreecast.

Join me live tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST where I’ll be taking your questions on all things “Bachelorette” and “Bachelor in Paradise” related. Granted, everything I know about BIP I already posted in today’s column, but hey, if you wanna talk about it we can. See you tonight.

1. jest002

June 3, 2015 at 10:58 PM

For one of the questions that was posed – they asked Britt on GMA who she would’ve chosen/liked had she been Bachelorette. She named off Ben Zorn, Jared Haibon, Jonathan, and Brady.

Kinda think Britt & Ben Z. would’ve made a good looking couple. He seems like a sensitive nice guy. I don’t remember who he voted for or showed more interest in.

I gave Unreal a shot, and I ended up liking it. This may sound horrible, but it actually has me more interested in watching this franchise. Wonder if s2 is a Bachelorette edition.

Just saw a clip of Shawn B. giving Kaitlyn his shirt because he feels he doesn’t get enough time with her and wants her to think of him. So immediately I’m thinking the producers must’ve said something like “make sure she doesn’t forget you, etc…”

If Josh Murray is Bachelor, I’ll still watch. I don’t find it a very exciting option though. There’s not a lot of entertaining mystery to him and I’m afraid it’ll be boring. Guess we’ll see.

2. serapa

June 4, 2015 at 9:04 AM

Here’s the thing. Kaitlyn is getting the slut shaming b/c if it walks like a dog…

If this were a Bachelor, everyone would be screaming douche bag. It’s no different.

Kaitlyn is real and it’s refreshing. However, Kaitlyn is giving herself the female title of “Douchette Bag” for playing with 25 guys when she couldn’t care less about any of them.

3. cjscjs711

June 4, 2015 at 3:33 PM

It would be kind of entertaining if some of the guys were actually buying into her act and falling for her, but their “attraction” to her seems equally forced and fake. But, maybe give it time? All that isolation and listening to constant yammering about “love” can eventually play tricks on the mind……. as we’ve seen in the past…..

4. jcrew617

June 4, 2015 at 4:02 PM

I like the idea of Josh as the bachelor. All they really need is a bland, but good looking guy that the women go crazy over. The audience already knows josh and would tune in, he doesn’t have a negative personality. Or they could just get a male model as the bachelor. People just want to date hot models like jade, britt, shawn, not ugly regular people.

June 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I think time has passed where the reality of Josh has kind of dissipated. Remember what a complete brainless jock he was. He bragged about his baseball playing, even though he was completely useless as a minor league pro player, barely hitting his weight. Remember the caveman reactions to things going on in the house? Josh happy! Josh in love! Now Josh Angry!

Then, with Andi, he was a total puppy dog.. Andi want Josh to shut up. So Josh shut up. Andi want Josh to smile. So, me smile. Andi want Josh to propose to her, so me get diamond ring from Neil Lane. Mmmmm… pre-tttty!

And is he going to run that “Portfolio Manager” profession by us again, or whatever it was. Where he had one client, essentially, his 3rd string QB (about to be out of the league) brother Andy.

The guy is a train wreck. He’s probably 1/2 step above JPah-blow. Primarily because he speaks English. Sort of.

6. wavecatchingmom

June 5, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Everything Rob says is true… but the producers probably see a bunch of women competing for him as the entertainment value, as I’m sure you’d get a Sean/like season where the girls were really just trying to take each other out to get a chance to massage his muscles.

June 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Look, if it’s all about Josh being good looking and having a great body, I have no right to complain. I wanted Britt for the same reasons. But like I said, with Josh, you’re essentially getting and English Speaking Huan Pah-Blow. Ultimately is that what you really want? To me, that season was unwatchable & I couldn’t watch many of the episodes once it was obvious that JPBlow was a total douchemeister & wasn’t even going to try. Yeah, probably Josh will be nicer, when he’s not roid raging, and he’ll probably try a little more.

I was hoping Britt would be sort of a junior Emily. I thought Emily was really good on her season, even though ultimately she was a complete phony. I’m still feeling that way, mainly because, to me, Kaitlyn’s really struggling. Obviously she got the slut edit, so that’s strike one, and she has a bunch of douchey guys, so strike two And she picks nobody, so that’s at least strike 3. I’m just not sure how she gets through this season with any dignity left.

8. bitsyvonbusty

June 5, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Josh “former athlete” Murray as Bach would be a tough season to watch. He has nothing upstairs, his personality is robotic and he sells Advocare as part of a pyramid scheme……oh I’m sorry, multi-level marketing.

He’s a tool without a tool belt. A farmer without the farm. An athlete who’s not really an athlete. He’s a guy who continually referred to himself as an “athlete.” It’s not much different than Tony referring to himself as a “warrior.”

Put them all on Tool Island never to be seen again. Save us from our misery ABC!

9. sheoo

June 5, 2015 at 3:36 PM

If it’s not Shawn then it might as well be Andi’s guy. Also, thanks Rob for making me seriously lol today.

10. karynr

June 5, 2015 at 5:37 PM

bitsyvonbusty, I think you hit on a great idea for another reality show…..Tool Island. A spinoff of The Bach franchise with many, many, many eligible contestants.

11. maruichan

June 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I think Lifetime made some kind of mistake…….. I looked at Lifetime’s website tonight and the episodes 1-4 of Unreal are available for streaming. Just finished episode 2 and am watching 3.

The show kinda reminds me of some TV shows from the 90’s, but not necessarily in a bad way. They definitely have great material so has the potential to become a really good show.

June 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM

No mistake. Lifetimes been running ads encouraging people to binge watch UN-Reals first four episodes off their website. They’re obviously trying to hook people in. Aggressive marketing. Don’t sit back and hope people watch. Very smart.

13. maruichan

June 8, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Oh, nice! I’ve known some websites that have screwed up in the past, so I wouldn’t have been surprised either way. It worked out in my favor. I was looking for something to listen to/watch while I was working at home. Weekends are slow for TV until Sunday prime-time. Lifetime is usually my last resort. There are only so many TV psycho killer soap operas I can watch on Lifetime before my brain starts to feel like it’s going to pot…