The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn/Britt

The “Bachelorette” Kaitlyn Episode 4 Recap Including the Birthday Trivia Game Results, Andi’s Trailer, & UnREAL Recap Coming Soon

Ok, first have to start off with a quick update of something I tweeted Sunday. I said I was going to give you the full cast list for “Bachelor in Paradise 2” today and that I also had info on Kaitlyn’s season. I have both. I just need to wait another day to do it. One liiiiiiitle bit of info I’m waiting on for it, and then I can post it. Since I said today but I have to wait until tomorrow, I can tell you that the info I have on Kaitlyn’s season has to do with Nick. Shocking, I know. You’ll know tomorrow what it is, but I apologize for saying it was gonna be today and have to postpone it 24 hrs. It will definitely be up tomorrow. If you missed the tweet, I can confirm that BIP 2 started filming last Thursday, and they are staying at the Grand Mayan Resort in Nuevo Vallarta. Not only will I have your full cast list tomorrow, I’ll even tell you which people are arriving late and when. That’s what happens when production accidentally leaves a cast list laying around and a visitor to the hotel emails it to me. Oops.

If you wanna break down the numbers, in my last written post on Wednesday, I gave you an updated tentative list of who I heard was going to be on. 19 of those 20 ended up being correct. And a couple that I had on my original list a couple weeks ago that I didn’t have on last week’s list are actually on the show. So I’ve basically given you most of them. Breakdown:

-There are 27 people that will appear on BIP 2, not 25 that I had originally tweeted out. Apparently I can’t count. Only four of the names were ones I’d never heard brought up.
-There is a sibling of a contestant on the show this season who has never appeared on the show before. Both are there.
-16 of the 27 are from Chris and Kaitlyn’s season, so they definitely loaded up on the people most fresh in viewers’ minds.
-Looks like they started with 16 people (9 girls and 7 guys) and are roughly keeping the same format as last season. I’ll know more as the season goes on.

I will have a recap of last night’s UnREAL episode up around 2:15pm EST today. Decided to have a little fun with the show last night. If you missed my tweet on Saturday, “Lifetime” decided to put the first 4 episodes up online so now you can binge watch and either get caught up, or get ahead of the curve and almost be halfway done with the season. Here is the link to view the episodes: ttp://www.mylifetime.com/shows/unreal/video/full-episodes

Back to a regular schedule this week. “Reader Emails” tomorrow, “Dr. Reality Steve” on Thursday, and the live video chat again on Thursday night. So get your emails in for the next two days and they’ll probably end up in the column.

Chris Harrison’s blogs for this week are up. His weekly TVGuide.com interviews gives us a bunch of crap regarding Nick’s entrance and Chris trying to play dumb, whereas his blog for Yahoo dives deeper into the ramifications of Nick’s entrance and not so much the logistics behind it. Either way, Nick will be the focal point of the remainder of the season. As of this post, Kaitlyn’s blog wasn’t up on People.com yet.

Ratings are in from last night and the show held pretty steady. Last week they did 6.4 million with a 1.9 in the 18-49 demo, this week was 6.3 million and a 1.8. Basically right on par with where Andi was on episodes 3 and 4 at this time last season.

Speaking of Andi, did you see the trailer for her new online show? Here it is:

Wow. They couldn’t have made that any more uninteresting if they tried. I’m not sure why we’re supposed to care about her move to New York and what she’s doing with her life, but someone thinks we should. Considering it’s an online series, I don’t think they’re expecting much. Neither should we.

Guess what? Our resident RHOBH and “Vanderpump Rules” recapper Nell Kalter has decided to cover RHOC for us this season, and her first recap is up right here. Is this the season that Josh Hamilton’s recent ex-wife currently joined? Maybe I should check it out just to see if she trashes him. Or if they show their place in OC where they used to live. To say it’s large would be an understatement. Just google “Josh Hamilton’s OC home” and you’ll get the idea. Yikes.

The poll question this week centers around, who else? Nick. Let me know if you were in the guys’ shoes how you’d feel:

As for this past weekend, it was better than I expected. I can’t thank everyone who came out enough for an incredible birthday. I’m pretty much speechless at this point for how successful the party turned out and the outpouring of kind words from everyone who was there. As you know, it was little overwhelming at first, but I appreciate everyone who showed. We ended up with 47 people total as only 3 no showed. Hope everyone had a good time, I hope you enjoyed the food which I didn’t take advantage of enough myself, and even if you weren’t able to tune in via Periscope to watch the Trivia contest take place, I have the footage of it so you can watch it here:

For those that don’t feel like watching all 17 minutes, here was the Trivia Contest I gave to everyone who wanted to participate. First place got $100 gift card to Lupo, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant at Mandalay Bay. Second place got a $50 gift card to Lupo. More on that in a second.

Birthday Trivia Game

1. What was the nickname ABC gave Jake’s season?

On the Wings of Love

2. Which couple won season 1 of Bachelor Pad?

Natalie Getz and Dave Good

3. Who were Ashley Hebert’s final 4 guys?

Ames, Constantine, Ben, JP

4. Who is the only contestant to appear on four different seasons of this franchise?

Chris Bukowski

5. True or False: Emily’s final rose ceremony of her “Bachelorette” season was in St. Lucia?

False (Curaçao)

6. There has only been one date in the history of this show that I witnessed with my own two eyes. Even took pictures and posted them. Which one was it?

Marcus Grodd hometown date

7. What college did I attend?

Loyola Marymount University

8. What season featured dates in Vegas, a Sports Illustrated swimsuit photo shoot, and final rose ceremony in South Africa?

Brad Womack

9. Which guy got left on a glacier in Iceland during a 2-on-1 date?

Kasey Kahl

10. In the last 10 seasons, which is the only one that was never in CA for any dates?

Emily Maynard’s

11. In whose season did they travel to Belize for one of the episodes?

Ben Flajnik

12. What country was Sean’s final rose ceremony in?

Thailand

13. Who is the only person in the last 10 seasons to receive the first impression rose and end up being the winner?

Roberto

14. Correctly spell Ben Flajnik, Ali Fedotowsky, and Catherine Giudici.

15. Starting with Kaitlyns season, name the last 10 leads of the show in reverse order.

Chris, Andi, JP, Des, Sean, Emily, Ben, Ashley, Brad, Ali

The scoring was a point for every question you got right, and if the question had more than one answer in it, you got a point for each one of those as well (questions #3, #14, and #15). So there were a total of 29 points possible. I know some of you reading right now might’ve thought “Those were easy. I totally could’ve won!” Just remember they couldn’t use their phones and Google anything, so, it might not have been as easy as you thought.

So cheers to the winner, Rita Maskowitz as she had 24 points. She missed the college I attended (as most people did), what season had Belize, what country Sean’s final rose ceremony was in, and misspelled Fedotowsky and Giudici. So congratulations to Rita and thanks again for coming out. I’m glad you enjoyed eating at Lupo. Heard it’s really good.

As for second place, this got a little tricky. My webmaster’s wife who was in attendance was the one who graded the tests. She handed me Rita’s answers immediately because she had most of them right. She forgot there was a second place winner so she went back and graded them and second place went to Jason Maksimow with 19 points. Although c’mon Jason, we all know your wife Danielle was the one who knew all the answers. Anyway, at the party Jason got second place. However, on my flight back Sunday, I decided to go through every test and re-count all the answers because I had a feeling maybe my test scorer might’ve gone a little too fast when realizing she had to go through everyone’s for second place. And there has been a correction. Jason, you did not finish in 2nd place so I guess you can’t brag to your friends about it anymore. Obviously you can keep the gift card, but a duo team of Lisa Neal and Joanne Fulmer actually finished in second after I recounted the answers with 21 points. They will be receiving a gift as well for the inconvenience.

Couple interesting notes about the test overall:

-18 people ended up participating in taking the test
-The question most got right was the only contestant to appear on 4 different seasons. 15 of the 18 got that right. Second most answered question was which was the only season to not have any episodes in LA. 14 out of 18 got that right.
-The most missed answer was who won season 1 of Bachelor Pad. Only Rita (the winner) got that right. Second most missed question? My college. Only two people got that right and one of them I had told earlier in the evening when it came up in conversation, completely forgetting I had that in the trivia game. Oops.
-So 18 people took it, meaning there were 54 answers to question #14 of having to spell Flajnik, Fedotowsky, and Giudici. Only 3 people spelled Flajnik right, 2 people spelled Fedotowsky right, and only 1 person spelled Giudici right.
-5 of the 18 who participated went 10 for 10 on the last question and were able to name the last 10 leads in reverse order.

So there you go. All in all it was a weekend I’ll never forget. I can’t thank those enough that came, I was humbled by your words, and even more humbled by some of the gifts you brought when I told everyone I didn’t want any, and I really appreciate everyone who supports this site on a daily basis. Thanks again to everyone.

1. jessicat

June 9, 2015 at 11:53 AM

It’s funny that Steve said he thinks Joe couldn’t spell “Aladdin”, but he himself makes plenty of errors when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling.

2. sharon1977

June 9, 2015 at 12:00 PM

They also went to Belize for Bob Guiney’s season.

3. bsheer

June 9, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Aw, I would have nailed the spelling portion of that quiz! But, this franchise doesn’t put a whole lot of emphasis on good spelling and grammar, obviously (“Chris and I’s relationship”-ugh!), just read Ali’s blog, or JIllian’s anything. Interesting reads, and Steve at least tries, but everyone murders the spelling these days and people don’t care. I found Andi and Josh’s tweets and comments about Nick particularly interesting last night! Poor Kaitlyn’s in for it, that’s for sure.

4. punk

June 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Funniest recap so far this year Steve. You did have the best material to work with so far though.

I have a hard time taking this show seriously at all anymore. I used to put up with the early season BS in hopes of getting to the last 5 guys to see who they picked, but now it is getting so over the top stupid with the early season nonsense, it detracts from the final episodes because you just honestly can’t believe the lead picks any of them.

And why would they? They never show enough to give you a buy in to a real connection. And the show used to, but it has gotten sidetracked with wanting to have a bunch of fake characters early on to drum up bogus attention. It is a mistake because it does not drive ratings higher, it just make us question the end result. the illusion of fantasy is just gone because we have no reason to buy into it anyway with such an awful track record of success on this show.

As for Nick, meh. Is that the best they can do, seriously? Kaitlyn keeping him around for so long shows how stupid she is and makes me understand why so many guys call her out in the coming weeks. She is a trainwreck. Not wife material, so can’t buy in the the fantasy this show purports to sell.

5. bhm004

June 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Was that a slip in your recap of Kaitlyn’s pants currently being on Nick’s floor? Is this hinting at your news for tomorrow….

Also, I don’t think you have enough ads for UnREAL on your website, you need at least a dozen more.

6. klm390

June 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM

I don’t hate Andi, but it is so painfully obvious that she was desperate to get out of law. I think Cupcake seems genuinely sweet. He’s my favorite so far, and let’s face it, one of the only attractive guys in this bunch. The majority of the other guys seem like pissy assholes, which makes me feel awful for Kaitlyn.

7. ashleigh11

June 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM

Kaitlyn was positively giddy about Nick. It was kind of funny and kind of embarrassing to watch at the same time.
    I love the two Bens. Best picks of the group.

8. Athena

June 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM

I accidentally posted this on the UnREAL post instead of here:

Kaitlyn Kaitlyn Kaitlyn…Really?!

Nick Viali on the possibility of not actually getting to meet/date Kaitlyn: …”it would have kind of bugged me”.

Now that’s a real good come on line if I’ve ever heard one. Not.

Read more at http://realitysteve.com/2015/06/09/unreal-episode-2-recap/comment-page-1/#comments#pKbLtOTgKqfGG5RQ.99

9. hayleyyy

June 9, 2015 at 1:11 PM

I’ve always liked Kaitlyn and actually had no problems with the sex-spoilers that Steve uncovered until I watched everything unfold this episode. After seeing Nick again and hearing about his history on the show again, I just can’t wrap my head around why Kaitlyn is okay with and accepting of his douchey past! I get that everyone makes mistakes, but I have to agree with Tanner that outing Andi on national TV is a HUGE misstep and would be a deal breaker to most people. I wouldn’t even want to be friends with someone who could be such a huge dumbass and so disrespectful to a girlfriend, let alone date the person! As much as I still like Kaitlyn, it’s painfully obvious that she’s not thinking past her major attraction to him. And I don’t buy for one second that she’s still proud of her decision to sleep with him. Anyways I just feel bad for her but totally feel worse for the guys. Based on the previews for next week, I have to agree with Ian that her whole thing with Nick is just surface level.. wish she’d just own up to it and admit it! Geeze.

10. jettslave

June 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM

JJ & Clint are totally gay for each other. I honestly believe they fell for each other. But it will never work out because of their homophobic backgrounds or family or friends or whatever. They hate women because they truly want to be with men.

11. vessel

June 9, 2015 at 1:39 PM

@bsheer I’m with you on how annoying everyone in this franchise is with the “_____ and I’s relationship” It has bugged the crap out of me for years. I hate to say it but awful Jef Holm is the only person I’ve heard get it right.

I didn’t use Google at all and I got all but Steve’s college and the Belize question correct in his quiz. Wow I am a HUGE dork, worse than Tanner lol. If the questions had gone back to early seasons I’m sure I’d have missed many, though. How did everyone else do?

12. jest002

June 9, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I’m actually going to re-watch last night’s episode. I haven’t done that in so long.

13. serpephone

June 9, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Last night’s episode was hard to watch. It seems every single date this season is just an uncomfortable mess! What happened to the fun and the romance?!

I used to enjoy watching because it was like watching someone’s fantasy become reality: beautiful clothes, jewels, handsome gentlemen, luxurious accommodations, all in an exotic setting…

Now it’s just like watching a horrible train-wreck MTV Reality Show… smh…

14. veno

June 9, 2015 at 2:01 PM

I’m sure all the guys have figured her out at this point and are sticking around just for the travels and hanging out with each other I don’t how any of them agreed to stay on the show after she brought Nick the D**k. I just wanna vom everytime she makes out with him yuck.
    Do yall think she can do better than Nick or do you think they deserve eachother?

15. angelfish

June 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM

I only got 16 right. *LOL* I am definitely a BAD FAN!

I won’t be watching scenes with the “Nicorette” (And kudos to the person at Previously TV that came up with that moniker for K & N!), but will continue to enjoy the nice guys remaining. They deserve some positive attention!

16. jessicat

June 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM

@vessel – I definitely agree with that as well. It drives me nuts.

17. smartgirlchic

June 9, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Hi,

I just started reading through your website. Awesome.

I enjoy (usually secretly) watching reality television. What is portrayed is obviously a bunch of nonsense. The reality of interest to me is what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame. The Bachelor/Bachelorette series offers this up in spades.

Though the silliness of what I observe is it’s own amusement, I enjoy reading your take on it. You’re quite witty.

18. purplerayne

June 9, 2015 at 4:19 PM

I’ll be interested to see the ratings for next week since so many claim that they will no longer watch. (insert eye roll).

Until the show is able to grab folks with real jobs and no tv aspirations, it will continue to look like an MTV dating show targeted at 22 yr olds. Fine by me, its still very entertaining and fun to watch.

19. purplerayne

June 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM

BTW man do i feel bad for Kaitlyn. The amount of hate online and her social media accounts is insane. What is wrong with people? “Freedom of speech” doesnt entitle anyone to be a bully. I honestly wonder about the average age, IQ and education level of these people…it cant be high.

20. bitsyvonbusty

June 9, 2015 at 5:16 PM

In the words of the band A Great Big World …..’say something I’m giving up on you.”

Kaitlyn…..girl…..I thought your douche-o-meter was stronger than this! Nick Viall is King Douche Tool USA.

This show has gone from mindless entertainment to trashy. Kaitlyn getting her hair did by Ashley???? What???? Ashley can barely stay present enough to form a sentence.

Also, agree Steve….that Andi Dorfman preview is a snoozefest. Why IS she interesting?

21. duckquack

June 9, 2015 at 5:28 PM

wtf/ is Andi Dorfman pissed off at Nick and giving Kaitlyn advice to run…..wasn’t it you Andi who opened your legs for Nick willingly?….

your ex Josh had Nick’s seconds…..Wtf? is Josh Murray mocking Nick for, when he himself availed himself of Andi opening her legs for him too…Stop talking trash about Nick, both Andi and Josh, both of you are no better than Nick was.
    and Andi humped Juan Pablo, and then got pissed when he wouldn’t give her the time of the day….Stop opening your legs so fast Andi and people might respect you…
    you done the same shiiiit to Juan Pablo, that you claim Nick done to you….Karma is a byatch.

22. vessel

June 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I always really liked Andi but I gotta agree about the inevitable zzzz of her “show”. I don’t get why a move to NYC warrants a series. Don’t they usually put the most compelling stuff in the trailer? Yikes, I barely made it through that two minutes.

Sorry Andi, I’m gonna pass on this one.

23. jcrew617

June 9, 2015 at 6:07 PM

I think fans believe too much in these reality shows and in the characters. Every character is presented as a character by the producers – Nick’s soundbites will only convey whatever the producers want the audience to convey. Reality shows are fake and everyone and everything is scripted. That is why Fleiss has gotten rid of predictable events, and decided to throw in some scripted-twists. Nick and Kaitlyn did some really bad acting in this episode, she totally knew he was coming onto the show, and it was pre-planned between the 2 of them before the season even started, fantastic twist. But I also saw a genuine friendship and connection between the 2 that existed outside of the show, and probably will continue into the future. She genuinely seems to like Nick (for some reason, or maybe he is pulling a fast one on her to get more famous), but I can kinda see Kaitlyn wanting to date Nick in real life (but not get married to him) because he is a smart, zany guy. In terms of the Big Picture, it would have seemed too staged for Kaitlyn to pick Nick as the Final Rose because fans will think K+N planned to date all along, and the season was a waste to subsidize a couples vacay to Ireland. Picking Nick as the FR would be very bad PR, and cause too many questions from the press on how pre-planned his relationship with Katelyn was, and how the show fooled fans into thinking the other 25 guys had a chance. If Nick came in at week 1 it might have been easier for fans to accept him as the FR. Shawn seems nice, but maybe too dumb to have a LTR. But I find this fake-reality show very interesting. They are all just “scripted characters” for entertainment, its beyond pointless and idiotic to judge anyone’s behavior or actions. But JJ does really seem to be asking for the dbag treatment.

24. jest002

June 9, 2015 at 6:32 PM

I agree jcrew617. I always look at reality contestants as characters, and sometimes the casting does a fine job entertaining me. Now obviously these people have lives, but I don’t look too deeply into that. I don’t follow them on SM and try to find out what they do for a living or who they’ve dated. I might read an article every once in a while or visit their IG, but I don’t know them and never will. They signed up for the experience, and in another life, I might have done the same. LOL. It’s just as crazy to me people who worship the ground Britt walks on and the people who rip Kaitlyn to shreds like she personally offended them.

Kaitlyn’s eyes were downright sparkling around Nick. Whatever happened, I honestly don’t know. I’m always a skeptical person, but when it comes to reality TV, I just laugh. It’s reality TV for God’s sake. Of course things aren’t what they seem.

25. Athena

June 10, 2015 at 4:50 AM

Kind of makes you wonder who is manipulating who: Nick manipulating Kaitlyn and the Producers to extend his 15 minutes, Kaitlyn manipulating Nick and the Producers to spice things up for herself and to expand her own brand, or the Producers for the all-mighty ratings?

Probably all three – a trifecta of win-win-win!

26. serapa

June 10, 2015 at 7:14 AM

The douche and the douchette now have eachother until the season finale, in which the douchette with dump douche’s ass.

27. serapa

June 10, 2015 at 7:22 AM

I think Andi is using botox and fillers now….check out the face. it’s less heart shaped and more chipmunk looking in cheeks.

28. serapa

June 10, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Does anyone else think it was hypocritical of Kaitlyn to dump Clint for being shady and then she turns around and brings Nick onto the show? That to me is also very shady behavior.

29. findthescoop2

June 10, 2015 at 8:09 AM

no one ever responds to my email. Fans are still wondering if Chris and Whitney will ever reunite and continue their relationship, or what’s left of it. Perhaps not all fans want to know but there are a few of us.

30. cjscjs711

June 10, 2015 at 9:23 PM

@serapa Not just Andi, but a lot of the contestants on this show have looked like they’ve had lip augmentation – top lip same size as bottom, lips that protrude like a duck’s are usual tell-tale signs. The procedures are not as expensive as they used to be, especially the DIY injectables, which it looks like some of these gals might do it themselves to get such unnatural results.