Dr. Reality Steve

“Dr. Reality Steve,” Farmer Chris Doing More Reality TV, & the Nick/Whitney Rumor

I finally feel like I’ve settled back in and things are back on schedule. I usually am never away for that long, but with my actual birthday and my Vegas party on separate weekends, it didn’t make sense to make two different trips, so I was in CA from May 29th-June 4th, in Vegas the 4th-7th, flew back to CA on the 7th, then came home Monday the 8th. Now you might ask why didn’t I just do 3 one-way flights: DFW to OC, OC to Vegas, Vegas back to Dallas. Because for whatever reason, booking 3 one-way flights was twice as much as buying a round trip from Dallas to OC, then booking a round trip from OC to Vegas within that initial flight. Not sure why, but it was. But regardless, I’m back home for at least another 6 weeks before, you guessed it, another Vegas trip for my friend’s wife’s 40th birthday in July. I think 6 weeks is enough recovery time. Hell, I was wishing it was sooner since the tables were hot this past weekend. Had a good run at craps. Couldn’t win at blackjack to save my life, so I spent a majority of the time winning off other people rolling. My rolls weren’t great. Anyway, back with the live video chat tonight at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST.

In case you missed my tweets yesterday, let me update you on our farm boy, Chris Soules. You know, the ol’ “Golly gee, I’m just a farmer. That’s all I know. Poor me. I don’t meet anyone out here on the farm with ma’ and pa’. I’m real scared someone won’t want to come live with me out here in the middle of nowhere, but I ain’t leavin. I love me some farmin'” guy. Yeah, ummmm, that guy who’s been on 3 reality shows in the last 20 months or so has now added yet ANOTHER reality show to his list. Uh huh. Suuuuuuure, he wants to be farming. Yet again, everything I was told about this guy from the time he was on Andi’s season is turning out to be true. Absolutely out for himself, had zero intention of finding a wife, and was looking to expand his brand. It’s fine if that’s what you want to do, but when all you do is tell people you’re a farmer and that’s your life, yet you’ve barely done it for 2 years while you’ve been on now 4 reality shows, it kinda goes in one ear and out the other.

Not to mention coming up in August, Chris and Witney will be making an appearance together at Mohegan Sun! No, not THAT Whitney. The OTHER Witney. Being billed as the “dynamic duo,” they will be doing an appearance and Q&A for fans where, 4 months after they were partners, I guess people still want to see them together. And I’m sure Chris wants to see them together as well. If it wasn’t evident before to everyone, it should be by now. The guy was bitten by the Hollywood bug and is now seriously infected. I’m not sure if there’s a cure.

Of course with Nick joining the show this past Monday, the tabloids will be in a frenzy every Wednesday (the day mags hit the stands) from now until the end of the season with all their salacious headlines about the “Bachelorette” trying to draw in readers of stories loaded with “sources say,” “a source close to the situation” and all the other bogus things they throw in there since they can’t get anything on record. Well, it started yesterday with the story of Nick and Whitney on a date this past weekend watching the Blackhawks/Lightning game at a bar. Yes, they were both there. Yes, someone who took a picture of them sold it to a tabloid. No, they weren’t on a date. Trust me I’d be the first guy to jump all over this if it was true, but it isn’t. Nick lives in Chicago, Whitney lives in Chicago, they have mutual friends (one even being former contestant Jaclyn Swartz), they all met up, and that was that. Any allusion to it being a date and they were touchy feely and blah blah blah is just tabloids running with a story based on a picture they got. So it isn’t true. Plus, do you honestly think that with Whitney and Kaitlyn being such close friends still, she would just start hooking up with a guy fresh off her season? Didn’t happen, not going to happen, nice try.

Unfortunately when I was away last weekend, any “Dr. Reality Steve” emails I got I wasn’t paying attention to and accidentally deleted them. So if you sent one anytime between Thursday and Sunday of last week, please resend and they will be in next week’s column, I promise. For this week, just this one:

__________________________________________________________________

Dear Dr. Reality Steve,

First off, happy belated birthday!

I am 28 and my boyfriend is 32. We have been dating for almost 8 months. We are pretty serious and have talked about marriage, buying a house, the whole nine yards. Everything is going well- our families and friends get along, etc. However, an issue has seemed to present itself and I would like to get your take on it.

A few months ago, I noticed that the same girl I have never heard him mention was texting him a bit frequently. I just know from her name popping up on his phone, I didn’t look through his phone! I let it go but after a few more times it was bothering me so I asked him about it. He said he met her and her sister when he was with his friend at a networking function. This function was several months prior to this so I asked have you seen her since (as it seems weird to still be texting someone you met once a few months ago and haven’t seen since). He said yes, apparently he went to brunch with her, her sister, and his friend who he met them with one time a few months before. I told him that it was kind of weird he didn’t tell me about this. He said they were all just friends (his friend is gay so he isn’t interested in either of them) and that the next time I should come along. I said fine and forgot about it.

However, over the past few months, I have noticed this girl keeps texting him. Also, maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed like he would sometimes be somewhat protective of his phone when answering a message. I felt ridiculous as this seems like something that happened when I was in college. A few days ago, I had had enough and finally confronted him about it. I said I thought it was weird that a girl I have never met and that he supposedly has only seen him twice has been texting him for months, asked if he told her that he has a girlfriend, etc. He responded that these were all fair questions, that sure he has told her that he has a girlfriend, that they only text randomly like what are you up to, they don’t talk on the phone or anything like that, that he was hoping that they could all be friends but that he didn’t think that it was going to turn out like that now. I pretty much said it needs to stop because, rational or not, it was bothering me. He said ok. I asked him if he wants to be with someone else and he said no, of course not. I asked him do you think she likes you, and he said yeah maybe she does- it appears that way. A few minutes after we have this conversation, she texts him again. The first line of the text comes up on the phone and it says something to the effect of “To say I’m disappointed would be an understatement.” This may be important, but he hadn’t used his phone between our conversation and her texting him so it’s not like he had texted her after our conversation something to warrant this response. Whatever he had texted her that “disappointed” her was before our conversation.

Do you think that something was going on? Would it be naïve to believe this was all innocent? I guess it is good our conversation went well and he seems to have put an end to whatever “it” was. However, I would appreciate any insight you have. Thanks!

Sincerely

Irritated in Indiana

Comment: First off, thank you for the alliteration. It never sucks to see those at the end of an email.

And secondly, I applaud you for how you handled it. It seems like he actually handled it somewhat respectably as well. Didn’t get defensive, didn’t immediately make it your fault, and seemed to take what you said to heart. I’m not sure what prompted her to text “To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.” Could’ve been a myriad of things. The good thing is, it seems like their contact is over now. If it definitely is over, and as far as you know this girl isn’t contacting him anymore, I wouldn’t sit around worrying about the contexts of her texts. It bothered you, you confronted him on it, he seems to have ended contact with her like you wanted – I’d just let it go now.

However if for some reason it’s not over, then you’d have a right to be upset and call him out on it. His initial meeting with her, and brunch, and not telling you about her definitely is a bit fishy, but the fact that he didn’t put up much of a fight to keep talking to her once you told him it bothered you, makes me think it wasn’t something that was that important to him. If he’s done with, then you should be done with the situation and don’t let it affect your relationship.
__________________________________________________________________

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tonight.

June 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM

So, Old MacDonald is playing corn hole with Witney the dancer. I guess he might be dim, but he’s not an idiot.

I’m not sure why he keeps getting these TV gigs. Do women really like this Gomer? I don’t get it.

2. brick

June 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Rob, I wouldn’t make that assumption about Witney and Chris. After DWTS is over it’s actually quite common for some of the dancing duos to keep making other public appearances together. I’d like to think this Witney has better taste, after having gotten to know Chris more in all their training sessions.

3. product19

June 11, 2015 at 11:24 PM

If you want to seel farmers looking for wives you should watch Broer Zoekt Vrouw. It’s wonderfully awkward, the people aren’t that great looking, and the Dutch love it.

4. product19

June 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Whoa sorry for the typos. Boer Zoekt vrouw. Seriously it’s really sweet compared to Chris Soules.

5. foggy

June 12, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Love the ‘Dr. Reality Steve’ relationship e-mails and advice. Looking forward to more!

6. wavecatchingmom

June 12, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Rob22 I don’t get it either about farmer Chris, I always thought he walked like an old man. Some of the outtakes from Andi’s season looked like he actually had a sense of humor, so maybe his personality is better off of TV than on it? I’m certain Andi kept him around because ABC asked her to so that they could have their farmer bachelor, it is a good prince story… landed estate having prince, so they know that it taps into a archetype that will SELL to the women who watch the show for the most part.
    In other note- I was never a Nick fan on Andi’s season, I didn’t find his aw shucks looks or attitude very attractive, BUT I can’t quite understand the reactions against him. I agree with Steve’s original assessment, that it was lame for him to say that to Andi on TV because it is unmanly (have some pride, say it in private but not on TV), but I don’t feel like it was slut shaming at all. What he said was, you knew that sex meant a lot to me (whether or not he was truthful about that, it is what he said), and knowing that, you should not have slept with me if you knew you were going to pick Josh. That seems like a fair statement and not slut shaming, it is about his own feelings and how she disregarded them, not about her being a slut for having sex with 2 guys on the show. So it was lame for him to say that on TV, but if she wasn’t giving him an opportunity to say it to her (by not taking his calls, etc…) then I can hardly blame him. She’s very immature, as you will all see who watch her show. I don’t watch any of these people outside of the Batch- no DWTS, etc… I do love me some BIP though. can’t wait because I’m already bored with Kaitlyn’s lack of attachment.

7. findthescoop2

June 12, 2015 at 10:47 AM

I am one of those Chris Soules’ fan that found him believable. A farmer looking for a wife to move to Arlington and raise a family. I believe every word he said. That is what made him so fascinating. I had stopped watching the show years ago until I saw all the promos about Prince Farming. The show was great, fell inlove with Chris and Whitney from the moment she stepped out of the limo and watched their journey, It was so great. All the things he was going to do, ooh so wonderful. Whitney is a classy nice young lady and I thought sure he was smitten by her. Then came DWTS and when she left, I still believed everything he said, every word, dots, all of it. He was saying positive things. I think the decision he made to be on DWTS was the end of the relationship after all, he said they were going back to the farm in Arlington. That didn’t happen. He lied and all of use fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. He lied to his fans and we kept voting for him on DWTS. Some fans are no longer a fan of his but, it amazes me too why those that remain or so loyal and supportive in spite of the truth being revealed to what type of person he really is. From what I see he is going to be on the scene for a long time, a very long time and might even be successful. I just wish the rest of his fans will wake up and see the truth. I feel so pained for Whitney because she gave her all to the relationship but, it takes two to build a relationship and he wasn’t trying. He seems more concerned about Witney Carson than his fiancée. He is 33 years old getting too old to call himself a dancer but that is what he believes he is. We got fooled and he is still playing the game and has an enormous amount of fans and support

8. findthescoop2

June 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I am really surprised to see the comments on his wall on facebook. Hard to believe…

9. findthescoop2

June 12, 2015 at 12:59 PM

I keep hearing this “he wanted Becca, his own mother told Becca that she loved him. Becca this, Becca that. I wish he had chosen Becca so that people could see that it wouldn’t change who he is…sheesh

June 12, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Truly the reason Chris picked Whitney was because (A) She wasn’t a nut, which eliminated 80% of the girls on his season) (2) she was into him. Mostly #2, because she was literally the only one who was into Chris, except possibly Britt. Becca wasn’t into him. Kaitlyn wasn’t into him much and certainly wasn’t going to move to Iowa. Whitney won because she drank the kool-aid. Nobody else did. I’m sure Kaitlyn was fun in the fantasy suite though. If I was Chris I would have held on to Britt for that reason alone. Kaitlyn, Britt and Whitney in the fantasy suite. Works for me!

11. findthescoop2

June 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Well Kaitlyn revealed on Ellen show what happened between her and Chris in the Fantasy Suite. As mention here on RS Chris was the man at one of the Bachelor/ bachelorette after party and uh, you what with some of the girls. RS didn’t name those girls because as he said “I don’t want to call them out”. So Casanova fooled a lot of us. I think Becca, Britt, and the other girls should be happy they were not chosen. Publicity Whitney went through a lot. I felt sad for what she went through and how Chris treated her, he didn’t care one bit. I am glad it’s over, I don’t blame Whitney for leaving DWTS, she tried and gave it her all but got nothing from Chris. He is very popular now and enjoying it too, has lots of support. Oh well, what goes around comes back around. Do you think Chris and Witney Carson will now have a relationship?

12. lovetheworld

June 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Nope, Witney Carson has a boyfriend.

13. vessel

June 12, 2015 at 6:32 PM

@findthescoop2 I wouldn’t say we ALL fell for it with Chris and Whitney. I didn’t. I believed what Steve said from the get go that Chris never had any intention of a long term relationship or marriage with any woman from the show. I was 100% sure minutes after DWTS ended and he was ‘allowed’ to officially end it that he would. And voila. Also I don’t care. I’m never sad or let down when any couple from this franchise splits because I never believe any of them will make it. When they do I experience genuine surprise. I thought Desiree would marry Chris when pigs fly, so huge shock over that one. I still kind of think she went through with it just to prove everyone wrong that said she settled for second choice. (okay kidding, only maybe 1% of me thinks that).

I also don’t think Britt was ever into Chris at all. Her #1 concern, imo, is the public’s perception of her. I think it was of paramount importance that she not be rejected and humiliated by him on TV. Hence her freak out session over that hometown group date rose she didn’t get. Followed up by the dramatic “I packed my bags already guys, I’m leaving…” and yet, hmmm, okay I’ll stay for another rose ceremony/no I won’t. I’ll pull him outside mid-ceremony to say I’m leaving and ask “is there something that you wanted to say to me?”-which is Britt code for ‘you have one final chance to beg me to stay’. None of that screams to me that she was ever genuinely into him. And let’s not even get into the whole “I can’t see myself in Iowa/I LOVE Iowa!” nonsense…

14. wavecatchingmom

June 12, 2015 at 10:24 PM

Take this for what you will but regarding Des and Chris, a cousin in law (married to Chris’ cousin), told me that Des knew that Chris was the one right away, and worked with the show to develop the Brooks story line because her season was so boring (ratings low). Chris was in on it too, so that’s why they maybe had a more real/honest relationship from the beginning.

15. nesai

June 13, 2015 at 4:28 AM

@vessel I personally think that Britt did feel like Chris threw her aside. Her insecurities shined through. On the Iowa dates. Chris was just using Britt for intimacy. She was never the type he wanted to bring home. He wanted a girl with a real career. He said it himself he doesn’t know what Britt did. I guess after the hot air balloon date he didn’t get what he wanted so he ended up giving Kaitlyn the rose for the group date securing a spot for the hometown dates. Because he knew he could get some, especially with all the sexual enuendos Kaitlyn throws around. I’m sure she wanted to leave and producers asked her to stay for the rose ceremony because it will her last chance to speak to Chris, etc.

Comments like yours coming from an advid fan should know. It’s producers doing. To believe what you see bit by bit with all the edits and splicing going on. I don’t believe Britt should be hated on so much. She cried because she felt betrayed by Carly. For a girl like Carly to be holding hands and joking in pictures with Britt was two faced. Pretending to like her, but actually despised her with every breath. Carly was ingenious, two faced and fake. I know a lot of emotional people like Britt and a few like Carly. Every comment I see you express you’re always bringing up Britt. She’s irrelevant now. She’s dating Brady or so they say. Leave the girl alone.

16. vessel

June 13, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I am most definitely not bringing up Britt in every comment. I haven’t mentioned her in weeks because as you say she is irrelevant to what’s happening now. I only brought her up here because it was in response to a previous comment by rob22 regarding Chris and who was/was not into him, and he suggested Britt was.

Everyone really needs to stop being so hyper sensitive about this girl. She isn’t made of glass, and anyone who desires to be “left alone” shouldn’t participate in the Bachelor franchise. Sorry @nesai if for whatever personal reasons it offends you when anyone brings her up, but she’s inevitably going to be at least on ATFR. You should expect lots of people, myself included, to share their opinions. Some might not be favorable, but it’s the nature of the beast when you get involved with this show. I’m not going to censor my thoughts because there might be people who disagree.

17. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM

I am happy for Britt and Brady. I think her fans and even Britt herself should be happy that Chris sent her home. Even Becca should be happy. Chris turned out to be a fake. By the way, I wasn’t reading RS comments early in the show. Gosh, Chris said things so believable and honest knowing all the time he wasn’t going back to Arlington as he promised. We knew a wedding was on, if he returned to the farm in Arlington. I agree Whitney was the only one there for the right reason. When I say we, I am referring to a group of ladies that felt Chris was honest about going back to the farm.

18. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Nesai, first of all Chris did tell Britt that Carly had nothing to do with Britt going on and that there were other reasons. Britt was there for herself and didn’t waste anytime proving it. Since Chris had no intentions of going back on the farm nor getting married, it wouldn’t made any different to who he chose. It would have all come out the same way.

19. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Vessel, I did fall for it in the beginning, not only me but a lot of others that I chat with on different social media. We felt that Chris was honest. We knew that Whitney was there for the right reason and the only one. I feel sorry that Chris mislead her. She really believed they were going to Arlington to start a family. Oh yes, he made out with all three of those girls, not sure what made out mean. it puzzles me. Chirs H. said on Ellen show “that guy makes out with everybody.” I wasn’t aware of what that meant until someone said more about it. I am glad Whitney is not with him she deserves someone to treat her better. Chris is going through “mid-life-crisis. 33 years old two broken engagements, out there dancing with a 20-something young lady. He has lots of supporters and I think he is going to be out there for a very long time. Whitney, I hope she remains the lady she has shown to be and hope someone will come along to appreciate her. It broke my heart looking at the videos of the DWTs after party. Witney Carson is using Chris popularity to promote her self. I been looking for the video that proves that but cant find the entire video. I questioned why is she always with Chris and Whitney? To promote herself, of course

20. jest002

June 13, 2015 at 12:14 PM

I’m a straight female but I still don’t find Chris Soules attractive. I also don’t find Josh Murray attractive. His big smile is annoying to me, I kid you not. He’s beefy, sure, but I might prefer guys who are nimble.

But anyway, I think it was rob22 who said he would have watched Britt’s season because her beauty would be a bonus. Hey, even as a straight female, I agree! I wish we could get a male lead as good looking Briit. Honestly, she was stunning on night one. Even moreso than last season because her makeup was toned down. I would have watched her just as a beauty inspiration, regardless of how I felt about her “acting.” I can see Kaitlyn has been getting all dolled up, and I just know I would have enjoyed the various Britt looks, professionally done and all.

I might be in the minority on here who has enjoyed this season so far – mostly because I find it entertaining and Kaitlyn is different. But I can admit Britt far exceeds her strictly speaking from an aesthetic point of view. Kait’s lip injections, now duck lips, and talking through her nose hasn’t helped. Yes, Ian, I’m a shallow reality tv viewer 😛 I still like her though.

And now I’m really bummed after Kaitlyn’s sc that Josh is likely our next Bachelor.

21. vessel

June 13, 2015 at 1:22 PM

@findthescoop2-You’re aware that Chris had sex with Kaitlyn just days before he proposed to Whitney, right? In the Fantasy suite. Almost all the leads do this, so I’m not persecuting him for it since it’s typical for every lead, but it sounds to me like you think perhaps it was just kissing or something? It wasn’t, Kaitlyn even confirmed it.

You might be right that Whitney really believed she was going to be married to Chris and live in Arlington, no one knows for sure but Whitney and the people close to her. But if I had to bet on it? I’d say Whitney deep down always knew they would break up and she’d never move in with him. She’s no fool, she knows the track record of couples from this show as well as anyone else does. Maybe she truly was in love with him and was sad that those feelings were not reciprocated, but I’d put $ that she was not blindsided by the break up. In any case I wish her well. As for Chris I couldn’t be more neutral in my feelings for him. I don’t dislike him, but I would never be interested in seeing him do any other TV projects, so unless I’m in the minority here I highly doubt he’s going to extend his 15 minutes much further. He just isn’t charismatic enough to be another Ali or anything like that, imo.

22. vessel

June 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM

@jest002, Josh isn’t really the type I go for either, I hear ya, so in that regard I’m not going to be swooning over all the requisite soaping up in the shower shots they will air. I do think he’s got a big personality, though, and I think he seems like he’d make a fun lead, no? Shawn appears to be a very nice guy, nothing against him, but at this point I would guess that Josh just might be more entertaining to watch.

23. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 3:33 PM

uh, vessel can you imagine that all three of those girls are friends? Kaitlyn, Becca, and Whitney? Just because what goes on in the Fantasy Suite is typical of all the leads, well doesn’t mean it’s morally right. Well, Chris did ask both of Kailtyn’s fathers for her hand in marriage. Gosh, that show shouldn’t be on tv, it’s awful. Surprised a good ole country boy Chris. I really am. I wonder if ABC feel like they were misled into thinking he was going to get married. I thought maybe they felt like after all this time, they could prepare for another wedding but Chris fooled everybody. I sincerely thank everybody for responding to my post. I enjoy reading your comments. Thank you

24. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM

vessel, one more point. He has enough support to continue. After all it’s possible he wants to be a tv host or announcer. We will see how far he goes

25. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Jess002, I thought Chris would be something different to the show. I thought he really wanted to get married, after all, he is 33 yrs. old. I didn’t realize he was going thought. a mid-life-crisis at the time. Recall, he told Britt, he was there to find a wife and if anyone believe different, feel free to leave. In reality all of them should have walked out..haha. I had stopped watching the show but the promos were so believable about this farmer from Arlington . I don’t plant to watch anymore.

26. vessel

June 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM

@findthescoop2 Morality has never had anything to do with this show, it really isn’t about finding love. That’s the myth. ABC wasn’t misled. They don’t really care if the couple gets married as long as the season pulls in the ratings, it’s only about revenue to them. They know that basically no lead of this show does it for any other reason than fun, money, travel, and self promotion. It’s a once in a lifetime experience, so most people jump at the chance. But finding a spouse? No. The few marriages that resulted from being on this show happened because the couple by coincidence grew to love one another after it ended and the cameras went away. They all say they were not yet “in love” at the end of the show, and how could they be? They are virtual strangers and have had less than 24 hours alone time (no cameras) to get to know each other. It’s just not normal to get engaged to someone under this set of circumstances, so yeah most (including Chris and Whitney) are doomed to fail.

You probably shouldn’t watch future seasons if you are hoping these people have serious intentions of finding a life partner. That isn’t generally their goal, and the show is not there to help them. If you do decide to continue to watch it I’d advise having VERY low to no expectations of anything lasting as a result from it, and just watch it for laughs at all the drama. :)

27. findthescoop2

June 13, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Vessel, wow!! I always looked at it as people searching for love. That is very awakening for me. No, I don’t intend to watch anymore, not after Chris Soules. I really, really, thought he was real and not only me but others as well. Sheesh…Whitney was the ONLY one there for the right reason. Feeling sorry for her but I hope it makes her stronger and find someone better.
    I do feel IF they had gone on to Arlington, they would have had a better chance but it didn’t happen. Thanks for the chat…enjoyed it. Wishing everybody a great, safe summer.

28. karynr

June 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM

I could care less who is chosen for future leads. It’s become boring and whoever’s been doing the casting for the leads choices lately hasn’t been doing a very good job. It’s been getting worse every season. IMO there are maybe 2 or 3 in Kaitlyn’s group that are attractive and personable.

I think Kaitlyn is one of the better Bachelorettes. She’s a good, natural conversationalist and is certainly not bland or fake. I liked Andi a lot too, because she seems strong and feisty, similar to Kaitlyn.

Rob22….I don’t often agree with your comments, but your “Gomer” one was right on point. I never found him attractive or charismatic. And he walks like he has to go to the bathroom very badly. That’s a major turnoff. “Gomer” will now be my new name for him. Actually, Gomer Pyle, since most of what came out of his mouth was a pile of sh** most of the time, one way or another. You were also on target about the amount of women on his season who were not into him in a romantic way, which was most of them. Becca was so apparently relieved when he told her he was letting her go, Britt had deeper feelings for the camera than the man and Kaitlyn looked like she wanted to turn her head every time he kissed her. The other women who claimed to like him were either delusional, putting on a façade for the camera or just plain desperate.

I think the only two Bachelors (of the ones I can remember) I ever found attractive were Andrew Firestone and Byron.

findthescoop….I don’t think ABC could care less whether the lead really wants to get married or not. It’s all about the ratings and how to edit it to pull people in. Anyone who still thinks they’re watching a show about falling in love and romance is delusional. The ones who met and married from the show just had luck and timing on their sides.

I really like Kaitlyn as the Bachelorette, but I’m very bored this season.

29. findthescoop2

June 14, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Karynr, thanks for the info and your thoughts. I really thought “Gomer” wanted to get married. Come to think of it, it was his sister that encouraged him to go on the show. Sheesh, was she joking about a “wife?” Did she really believe that, or did she want to see him promote his brand? I thought they were honest about him finding a wife. Sheesh, this is horrible

30. cjscjs711

June 14, 2015 at 8:10 AM

@Karynr Totally agree with you on your assessment of the women’s reactions to Chris. Something about him seemed to personally turn them off.

Casting believably for his season yet having interesting characters for ratings had to be a challenge. “Winning” for that season was truly the booby prize. Not only win a lifetime in the middle of nowhere but it gets as cold some days in the Midwest as southern Siberia. Then as consolation you get a guy who walks as with constipation and nonecidtent too lip.

To get me to watch him on any more TV he would have to get some cosmetic work done, which I’m sure he can afford now. But I’ve really reached my limit on the dolphin laugh already so I don’t intend to watch him make a mess of cooking. I think he would be terrible at interviewing people and interacting with them so I don’t imagine success as a host of any kind. I predict cooking as the last flash in the pan.

31. cjscjs711

June 14, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Autocorect….. Nonexistent top lip – but you all knew what I meant, it was something frequently commented on!

32. vessel

June 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM

@karynr, Totally agree about the casting going downhill. For several seasons I’ve been let down by the crop of people they bring on. For example this season no one, in my opinion, is really that entertaining or engaging. I think I’d choose no one too.

No surprise we like the same Bachelorettes, I’ve also really like Kaitlyn and Andi for the same reasons. I was in a coma of boredom with Des and Emily, zzzzzzzz. I also thought the guys on both of those seasons brought nothing, either. I really liked Ashley’s season a lot. Not so much for Ashley herself (although I had no problem with her) but I thought her guys were funny, a lot of good looking ones, and it was just for me an all around entertaining season.

Is it just me or are people getting meaner than ever towards leads in the last few seasons? I feel like it started with JP’s season and it’s only gotten worse. People on social media posting diatribes filled with venom, and proclamations of pure hatred towards the leads. Are people crazy? It’s a real turn off and I guess it’s my fault for subjecting myself to it. Just to see I scrolled way back on FB to Desiree’s comments from 2 years ago and there is nothing even close to the stuff I’ve been reading in the last year or so. Really kind of sickening, actually.

33. findthescoop2

June 14, 2015 at 10:50 AM

cjscjs, he is already wealthy. He doesn’t need the money, he is worth over one million dollars from the farm alone. He isn’t doing the gigs for money, just to promote himself and Witney Carson. Sure had me fooled. I am not interested in watching another episode of the Bachelor/Bachelorette or DWTS. I voted like crazy for Chris…ooh, what an idiot I was….I see small cracks appearing in his fan base. In spite of that he still has a large fan base. Some are really getting tired of him…..I think we are going to see more, he has been offered a part in reality series, Mr. Porter on Discovery Channel about Hill Billy, I don’t see him turning it down, unless it doesn’t appeal to him, after all there are other participants on the show

34. nesai

June 14, 2015 at 8:43 PM

@vessel I am definitely not hyper sensitive regarding Britt. I do not worship the ground she walks on, but from the comments I read that you made. It’s like you know her personally to say who and what type of person she is. I will participate in any forum I want. You don’t make the rules. I’m just saying how you seem to feel so righteous about who you think Britt is by just seeing her on television. Shows how small minded you are to believe in everything you see. It’s just obnoxious reading comments you say over and over the same stuff regarding Britt. You are entitled to your own opinion as I am, but you seem to have a lot of hate for someone you see on television. You’re like a broken record. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. I’m just stating my opinions.

@findthescoop I am aware that Chris said that. I’m not delusional, but I was just stating that Carly talked bad about Britt the whole season when she felt threatened. I’m not saying she had something to do with Chris dumping her. I just saw a friendship betrayal. I just thought when I saw her cry it wasn’t because Chris dumped her it was because Carly was back stabbing her and she never knew. I can relate to that. Her emotional crying out really loud was more because she felt betrayed by Carly. For someone wanting to leave before the rose ceremony that’s not how you act. You wouldnt cry that loudly the day of the breakup. She already cried her eyes out the night before. Carly was upset that Britt pulled Chris aside from the rose ceremony because she was afraid that she will be found out. Rats always get scared about being told on, especially someone who pretended to be Britts friend. Think about it.

35. exmrsbundy

June 15, 2015 at 1:02 AM

Hi!
    This is my first time posting here. Yup, I am a new poster. Why? Well, I actually felt so strongly about an issue that I felt compelled to say something. However, you need to register in order to comment. So, here I am. I’m not one of these “grammar freaks” one sees on these type of sites but I really felt the need to say something about the mauling of our language here, or at least here in written form. I’m not going to call anyone out by name. Just want to say to, nay, beg, of everyone PLEASE don’t put periods in the middle of your sentences. It’s the literary equivalent of a brick wall. For instance, take my previous sentence. If I had said (…) It’s the literary equivalent. of a brick wall–that makes no f**king sense, does it? Thank you for your time.

June 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM

“I’m not one of these “grammar freaks” one sees on these type of sites but …..”

Yes, you are.

37. vessel

June 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM

@nesai What is your problem? I don’t hate anyone, especially not someone I have never even met. Your comments and the conclusions you have drawn about me are ridiculous, and really juvenile. What is that stuff about me “making the rules”? I never told anyone they couldn’t participate in this or any other forum. And you’re saying you aren’t hyper sensitive? Uh, okay…

38. karynr

June 16, 2015 at 2:26 AM

nesai, don’t let yourself get so sucked into the producer driven drama that you become attacking to other posters. It’s just a silly TV show we all watch religiously, but like vessel said, people have gotten so unbelievably mean the past year or two. It’s quite sickening to read some of the comments on different sites. They’re very mean and some are downright scary. None of us know how much of the drama is producer driven, but I’ll bet it’s even more than most of us suspect, which is a lot. The people that still think it’s a show about romance and love are scary to me too. It’s quite delusional.

I’m so tired of the people who feel so passionately, one way or the other, about the people on this show. I probably was like that a few years ago, but come on people, it’s a trainwreck of a show and we can’t turn away.

39. karynr

June 16, 2015 at 2:30 AM

One more thing…….Britt’s emotional breakdowns were pure acting and had nothing to do with anything but the camera. She’s an actress and she was doing what she thought would bring her the most attention and get the results she thought she wanted.

40. findthescoop2

June 16, 2015 at 10:08 AM

yes karynr, that’s true Britt was putting on an act.
    Now, I been having disagreements with some about appearances that the bachelor has to make after the show. One example, did or does he have to appear on DWTS? I can understand about some events. However, I disagree that all Chris Soules appearances has anything to do with the bachelor. The farm shows, the park show he appeared at on June 13th, Worst cook in America reality show. I am thinking DWTS was an option and he didn’t have to do that. However, the Disney award show, was that an option? I fail to believe that Whitney ended the relationship knowing that he had an contract to appear on those shows. He had an option not to appear. Would like to know how that contract works, does he HAVE to do those shows?