Uncategorized

Exclusive Clip From Tonight’s Episode of UnREAL on Lifetime 10/9c

Thanks to Lifetime and my partnership with them, today I am able to bring you an exclusive clip from tonight’s 5th episode of the season. For those that may have missed the announcement last week, they will no longer be showing episodes early online. They did it for the first four of the season, but from here on out, it will only air Monday nights at 10/9c on Lifetime. Including tonight there are six episodes left so be sure to tune in live. The feedback so far has been great as I had a feeling it would. Plenty of people over the years have come to me to pitch their product or asked me to promote their show and I’ve rarely done it. It’s only when it’s something I believe in and I think is relevant to the site do I entertain the thought of doing it, and you remember waaaaaay back when this project was first announced about a scripted show focusing on the behind-the-scenes workings of a reality TV dating show, I was in. Once Lifetime approached me, it was a no brainer. The response is exactly what I would’ve expected at this point.

This week is the beginning of hometown dates and for this exclusive clip, we see Rachel talking up Faith on how she thinks she can woo Adam during his visit to her hometown. Take a wild guess at what she wants (click on the link below to view the clip):

I mean, would we have it any other way? It’s funny though that Rachel is suggesting Faith just go sleep with Adam during a hometown visit. Ummmm, when? In front of her parents? Exactly when are they gonna have any free time to sneak away and have sex while having dinner with her family? Something also tells me that Faith might not be the girl she’s claiming to be.

I think one of the better parts of UnREAL so far is even though we see “Everlasting” being filmed, it’s not the focal point of the show. Like, we’re already down to hometown dates and we’ve still got more than half of the season to go. When did that happen? I thought we were on like episode 3 of “Everlasting?” Suddenly Adam is meeting Faith’s family and we’ve never seen him even go on a 1-on-1 date with Faith? Ahhhh, the magic of television. Just goes to show we’ve got a lot more drama about to happen than almost any other reality dating show. So what is Faith’s deal anyway? Is she pretending to be a virgin when maybe she’s got a troubled past? Does she have a child? Is she really a man like Quinn joked at in the premiere episode? Find out on an all new UnREAL tonight.

UnREAL airs on Lifetime every Monday at 10/9c.

1. stacyincanada

June 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM

my hubby and i both LOVE this show! he keeps asking me when the next episode is on. not sure how i can watch the bachelor/ette when something like this is wayyyyyyyyy more entertaining – guess i’ll just speculate the off-screen shenanigans??

2. missannmcd

June 29, 2015 at 9:40 AM

I love Love LOVE this new show!

June 29, 2015 at 10:15 AM

I’m still on the fence on this show. I could so without the repetive discussions in the control room about the need to create drama. Very tiresome. Also, the girls are just kind of there and very peripheral to the show. And, we get it, the guy is a dirt bag in a pretty package.

The drug addled Exec Producer and his little three way open marriage is pretty much a Hollywood cliche.

Still Rachel is interesting and they do focus the show on her, so that good. Without Rachel, I would have bailed by now.

4. Caroll

June 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM

I love the casting of Rachel and of Quinn. The Bachelor too.

5. cjscjs711

June 29, 2015 at 9:16 PM

I notice in a lot of new shows they are repetitive about their premise in the beginning – maybe catering to new viewers?

@rob22 “the girls are just kind of there and very peripheral to the show.” I noticed that, too, but even worse I notice it on this season of “The Bachelorette”. I could not repeat the names of the guys at this point, or much about them. There has been very little character development of the guys. Think of The Bachelor; by this time we’d have had the 2-on-1 date in the desert with Kelsey and Ashley I. – think of how much more developed those characters were. Really, every character in the cast. The widows’ stories, Jillian, Megan, Ashley S – they were very distinctive characters.

These guys are kind of all unmemorable, except for the ones who have left: Ryan, Tony, Ian. Even Shawn – don’t know much about him either.

6. washbee

June 30, 2015 at 2:54 AM

just finished watching monday night’s episode….. did they really try to make it seem like cupcake was going to jump?

June 30, 2015 at 6:19 AM

Ha, I noticed that too. The producer was creeping closer “just in case”. Wow. Dude probably should have jumped after that performance. What a little b*tch.

8. washbee

June 30, 2015 at 11:56 AM

ha, noo.. that’s just pure evil. i love cupcake. i mean, his nickname is c.u.p.c.a.k.e… like straight out of a disney movie. what’s there not to love? i’m sure the producer was creeping closer just to “get the shot”.

9. annette3749

June 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Reality Steve let me give you one to think about how about you were right the first time she was single but because the show got so out of hand and everybody was freaking out on it and she slept w/Nick and she told Shawn he would be the one in the end off camera so they had to do something to save what was left of this show. She had to take Nick because she slept with him and everyone was outrage and she had to take Shawn because she told him he would be the one in the end. So do I think she accidently posted that video? NO. I think it was done on purpose because this has been the worst season yet! The show has lost it and I can’t really figure out if they are actors or if they are real because who in their freaking mind has sex with someone knowing the mics were on? So if you want to keep it real think on that.

10. purplerayne

June 30, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Interesting that Sharleen Joynt thinks the sudden change in filming schedule is the show’s way of punishing Kaitlyn for seeing Shawn and Ben behind their backs. I do take Sharleen’s input seriously since she’s been on the show, she’s observant/level headed AND she’s close to Kaitlyn.

11. lcs85

June 30, 2015 at 8:44 PM

@purplerayne I read another review that thought something similar, that they were punishing her sleeping with Nick and not playing by the rules. But now she gets to have the over nights and more sexy time sooner, while not having to deal with as many crazy families of guys she doesn’t even care about. So its really a win-win for her.

I couldn’t believe when Kaitlyn expressed some regret about sleeping with Nick that Chris Harrison responded “Good.” When did Chris Harrison get all smug and judgy? He hosts The Bachelor(ette), he has no right to act all morally superior to anyone.

12. cjscjs711

July 1, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Harrison saying “Good”: She broke the rules, apparently beyond what was deemed acceptable. Think about it – it’s one thing to understand there may be six with other guys in the Fantasy Suite – from whom you will be carefully separated and it taking place at the end before the final decision is made. And another to have it happen mid-season where most people would assume you’re casting your vote right there – and the guys have to live with the guy Nick, supposedly trying to win the heart of this one Kaitlyn who’s basically already voted.

The franchise may be lucky the truth didn’t get out and the remaining guys just say, “Eff this – I’m not wasting any more of my time and certainly not any more emotions of love here” and left. Previous seasons when it happened, people said they didn’t know, the lead didn’t admit it, so they had no cause to go through with this scenario they devised.