The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn/Britt

Your “Men Tell All” Spoilers

As is the case pretty much every season with the “Tell All” shows, there really isn’t anything major that ever goes down. The only time I think we can truly say something shocking happened at one of the “Tell All’s” was when Courtney appeared at her “Women Tell All” episode even though she was in the final 2. That’s the first and only time I believe someone was in the final 2 appeared on the “Tell All” show to confront the contestants. It certainly didn’t happen this past Saturday. Nick and Shawn weren’t there. But Ben H. was, so for anyone possibly holding out hope that somehow he was part of the final – he wasn’t. Even though this question is asked every season at this time, I’ll answer it again: How was Ben H. at the taping of the “Men Tell All” if he hadn’t been eliminated yet? Because they showed the audience tonight’s episode before they bring the men out and start the taping. Pretty simple. The audience watches the episode, they bring the men out, then they start taping the episode. The tapings for this show usually last 6-8 hours total, yet it’s condensed into about 80 minutes of footage. So plenty of stuff doesn’t get shown. Here’s what I was told happens:

-Britt and Brady are not part of this show at all. Neither were in the studio and their names were never brought up. Probably a good thing since they’ve been broken up for a while now. Yes, I know there was a picture with Britt and Kaitlyn and Becca posted from this weekend. They hung out afterwards. Neither Britt or Brady are at the show or even mentioned on it.

-The 4 guys called up to the “hot seat” are: JJ, Ben Z., Jared, and Ben H.

-One of the major things talked about a lot on stage once all the guys were out was Clint and JJ’s bromance. Like, A LOT.

-Ian actually got on his knees and had a sincere apology to all of the guys on stage for how he acted on the show. Said he was an idiot, he was embarrassed, and ask them to forgive him for what he did and the things he said. He also apologized to Kaitlyn when she came out as well and she accepted. But yeah, physically got on his knees to apologize and apparently it was very sincere and almost brought him to tears to apologize.

-Jared talked a lot about his relationship with Kaitlyn and how he’s not over her. Kinda funny since we all know he just completed “Bachelor in Paradise.” Told you that was part of his storyline out there. More on that in a second. But he was saying things like he’s not over her, he hears a Cranberries song all the time now, etc. Geez, get over it bud. What radio station is still playing Cranberries songs? My guess is you went and bought the CD and listen to it on a loop, so, your own fault.

-Ben H. said all the right things and complimented Kaitlyn endlessly when she came out. Although, he did ask her the question I think most of us are asking (even though we know the REAL answer), and that’s why did she feel the need to tell Shawn she had sex with Nick and not him? Of course, the real answer is because she knew she was gonna pick Shawn and she couldn’t risk him finding out after the fact and after he proposed. But, Kaitlyn gave the BS answer about how relationships move in different speeds, have different momentum, and everything was always so intense with Shawn and he always needed reassurance, and she felt that other people didn’t need reassurance. Ummmmm, ok. I’m guessing Ben H. would’ve wanted to know that regardless of what speed your relationship was moving. But nice try.

-Ben H. also talked about the night that Kaitlyn snuck over to their place in San Antonio. He said he was basically in a cot while Shawn got the king bed and kinda felt like a third wheel while she was hanging with Shawn. And then he repeated what he said on the show, which was once he left to go take a shower, when he came back, the whole dynamic with Shawn had changed and he was a different person. Hmmmm, Shawn was given the king bed. Interesting. Kinda like how in Miami during Juan Pablo’s season, Nikki was given the Penthouse suite and all the other girls had a regular room. So for those asking, yes, they will absolutely play favorites on this show and certain people will get special treatment.

-When Kaitlyn came out on stage, Chris Harrison went off on a tangent about cyberbullying. He read a few negative tweets and things that people had written about Kaitlyn while she was on stage, you know, to basically say “Leave her alone.” Which is basically giving the trolls exactly what they want. We all know what the trolls online have said all season. We don’t need it read back to us. But now that you did, the trolls win. Not a smart move. Look, I think it’s been awful against her this season, but no need to read the stuff that’s been written.

-Of course there was talk about Nick and some of the guys still didn’t understand why she let him on the show, whereas others didn’t have a problem with it. Kaitlyn gave the company line that she’s been giving all season as to why she let him come on. Nothing new there.

-I think probably the most interesting thing was during the longer promo they showed for “Bachelor in Paradise,” there’s a clip of Ashley I. actually calling Kaitlyn crying saying, “He’s still in love with you,” and that was in reference to Jared. So yeah, Jared being hung up over Kaitlyn played a pretty significant role in his relationship with Ashley I., enough for her to call Kaitlyn about it during filming.

-There were no after party hook ups.

-One thing to keep in mind during this “Tell All” show is that it’s 2 months after the fact. These guys really don’t care about anything they’re saying on stage. They’re all coached by producers beforehand to be outspoken, and call people out, etc because if they didn’t, there wouldn’t be a show. So anything you see is pretty much producer manipulated and alcohol induced. You’ve seen these guys on social media. They’re basically all boys with each other, so anything played out on set is practically just acting because they know if they talk a lot on stage, they have a better chance of making it on camera. Basically a whole lot of nothing like it is every season, but those were the most important parts of the show.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. jest002

July 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Ben slept on a cot while Shawn got a king bed.. in the same room? Ha. If you’re susceptible to ego stroking, being the producer’s pet must feel amazing. What an odd environment all around.

I bet CH didn’t read a respectful but critical comment, just the slut-shaming extreme ones. They’re so gonna use one of his lines out of context for the promo.

I have to say I’m surprised they called Ben Z. up to the hot seat. What is there to talk about? Are they just teasing Ben Z fans who are hoping he’s the next lead?

2. Jman123

July 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Just read an article about the relationship with the “winner” being in trouble because he cannot handle what he has seen on the show.

3. randpaul

July 13, 2015 at 1:20 PM

“Internet troll”
    “At the end of the day…”
    “Haters”

I hate these terms. They are so overused, randomly assigned and a lazy catch all. But….at the end of the day I’m just a hater here on the internet doing some trolling.

4. elizabeth82

July 13, 2015 at 1:37 PM

jest002: re. Ben Z.: yes, or gauging whether they should make him the Bachelor (remember when they brought out Juan Pablo on Des’s MTA)? Ben Z.’s nice and all, but bland. I would have preferred more time for someone like Joe.

July 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

The goals of MTA: #1: re-hash all the fake story lines. Brokeback Bachelors, Angry Black men, Nick (OMG: why is he here?). And then, of course, to pump up interest for possible Bachelors, which in this case seems to be only Peter Brady. I don’t think they’ll back away from PeterB, since they’ve already proved they’ll go with sub-par Bachelors like Huan Pah-Blow, Ben Flatdick and Farmer Fred. Those guys make PBrady look like freaking David Beckham.

July 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Man, are they really selling that Captain Jack Sparrow (Arrrgh!) “still” loves Mary Hartman? Wow. Someone get me a violin.

7. akblondee

July 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Maybe the reason Ian got down on his knees to apologize and was teary is because he is hopeful to be the next Bachelor? Seems a bit dramatic I think!

8. cjscjs711

July 13, 2015 at 6:20 PM

I’ve no doubt Ian was mortified when he saw the edit he got – odds are he meant the apology!

I admire Britt and Brady for not continuing if they were over and pretending they were not. I’m sure the franchise did everything they could think of to get them to continue their “storyline” and if they were interested in 15 more minutes to further careers – that would have been their chance. It was the honest and honorable thing to do, to not pretend. Someone here said “on paper” they had a lot in common and, true, they did. But the odds in favor remind me of the odds when a friend sets you up on a blind date with someone who is “Just PERFECT for you! You have so much in common! You’ll love him as soon as you see him!” And then, you try, you do your best on the date, but it’s just not there…..

9. adrie

July 14, 2015 at 2:04 AM

I’m disappointed Ian apologised – I would’ve rathered some defiance and it could’ve been more entertaining. I still think all his comments have been verified as the season has played out. Was there any chat about Shawn being a crazy person / obsessed with Nick?

10. brick

July 14, 2015 at 5:39 AM

I’ve also been reading Kaitlyn and Shawn had a huge fight when the episode aired of her first having had sex with Nick and no doubt, when he heard the real reasons why she was upset afterward. It was all about her being upset about not being able to have her cake and eat it too, and she didn’t care much how he might feel. So apparently they aren’t together anymore and it was the shortest bachelorette engagement ever. No surprises there. This is Kaitlyn after all. Let’s hope the next bachelorette chosen is somewhat more mature emotionally than Kaitlyn.

I’d be happy with either of the two Ben’s for next bachelor. Certainly a huge improvement over farmer guy, the other Ben and Juan P, I agree. At least now we have the equivalent of those three in a bachelorette – Kaitlyn, who is no less self-absorbed.

11. brick

July 14, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Jman, I somehow doubt Shawn’s sisters are as impressed with Kaitlyn now as they were at their first meeting. And not because she slept with Nick either, nor because of the supposed “edit” Kaitlyn was given which in this case I suspect was more a case of letting Kaitlyn talk freely into a mic and put her own foot in her mouth without any self-imposed filters. There’s just way too much material there that came straight out of the horse’s mouth. Self-absorbed people generally have no idea how bad they sound when they start talking… about themselves.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, in many ways Kaitlyn’s season was funnier and more entertaining than Britt’s would ever have been. Although after a while I became bored because you can only watch a kid dump a bowl of spaghetti over her head so many times before it stops being funny. But I also hope eventually Kaitlyn will grow up because if she continues with such a lack of self-awareness her whole life will be one train wreck after another and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

July 14, 2015 at 6:11 AM

@brick: you’re right. It was just one big clown show & after a while, the floppy shoes and pratfalls become quite dull. I hope Kaitlyn enjoyed her 15 minutes in the three ring circus.

13. angelfish

July 14, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I really hope they haven’t broken up already.

I’ve got the week after Labor Day as my pick in my office breakup pool.

14. truebliss

July 14, 2015 at 6:53 AM

This has not been my favorite season. My only comment so far is…..if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck and walks like a duck,,,,,it’s usually a duck.

15. dogmomma

July 14, 2015 at 7:43 AM

I hope that ABC is paying attention to all the negative things that people are saying about this season. Sure, people like me who have been watching these shows for years might not stop after this season, but if ABC continues to make this show a complete joke, I know that I won’t be able to watch it any more. This season was so boring and I will skip the MTA but I do want to see how she dumps Nick, and how he reacts to his second rejection. And I hope that they go back to their old format next season instead of this choppy format. The worst show ever!

16. maruichan

July 14, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Ugh, this season is way too boring. I have trouble getting through these long episodes. Almost nothing of importance actually happens. This show is being over produced. I usually end up re-starting/stopping my DVR a lot. It takes me a few days to finish the episodes….I only am only watching at this point to keep up with the latest “gossip”.

It’s pretty obvious Kaitlyn only told Shawn about the night with Nick because she knew she was going to pick them anyway… watching the other guy’s storylines, whether we know spoilers or not, is a joke. In real life, it would’ve been made the process a lot more complicated and we would’ve seen a lot more drama… instead, what we are getting is people being fed lines and narrating a story. So boring.

I don’t understand the point of watching MTA if everyone is just going to sit around and tell themselves and others ees OK. Kaitlyn cheated on just about everyone in that room. However, realistically, it’s “taboo” for a guy to put a girl on blast for what’s she done on national TV so what is even the point. It’s pretty clear nothing “just happened”… not that that has been said, but that is how it is being treated by Kaitlyn/producers. It’s just too unrealistic to want to follow at this point.

Sex storylines on the Bachelor doesn’t work. It defeats the romance and the original spark of the show. Even if a great deal is producer driven, at least we see more to it with the character development(s). This season has mostly been filler. Which is pretty much how I felt during Juan Pablo’s season. At least with Juan Pablo you kept watching to see “how low he would go”. The live finale for his season when he rejected Claire was hilarious… I’m expecting Kaitlyn’s to be really anti-climactic. She’s too fake.

And ugh, Ben H as the next bachelor…. he looks like a future spokesperson for Rogaine. Hopefully his season won’t be just as boring.

17. missannmcd

July 14, 2015 at 2:36 PM

RS stated quite a while back that Britt and Brady were in fact pretending. They had split long before they “split” officially. They did play the game but I suspect Britt gave up when she realized her continuing to “act” like her and Brady had something real was not gonna pay off. Make no mistake about her alleged honesty. She was not being honest whatsoever. She simply knew her/producers plan wasn’t working. Period. Say what you will about Kaitlyn but I think she has been quite true to herself and I admire that. Finally, guess what? They are ALL self absorbed. Every last one of them.

18. jessie

July 15, 2015 at 6:46 AM

Contrary to what others say, I love that they are appearing “in” on the joke of show this is, its always been a silly show, they should go with that. Anyone deluded enough to think there was one iota of realness about it, is to clueless to have a worthwhile opinion.