Bachelor in Paradise 2

“Bachelor in Paradise 2” Episode 4 Recap, Incl Jade’s Oopsie, & Ben as the “Bachelor”

-So Sunday night we picked up where we left off last Monday with JJ wanting to crush Joe’s skull for lying about Samantha. Of course, nothing ever comes of it, but when they show stuff like that in the previews, they make you think World War 3 is about to happen, and it never does. This “fight” fizzled quicker than Juelia’s interest in Jonathan when Joe came aboard. JJ wants to play everyone’s hero so the biggest thing for him is he wants to save Juelia. She tells him no. I guess she doesn’t want a pity rose. She’d rather make herself look even worse by pitying a guy she literally pushed away from her when he tried to have mouth relations with her tongue. More on that in a bit. But everyone is pretty much convinced and saying in ITM’s that JJ has gotta give Juelia the rose because it’s the only logical choice, not to mention constantly throwing in “she’s a single mother” even though that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

-So the cocktail party begins and there are 7 girls and 10 guys, so 3 girls are getting the boot. Five couples are set in stone at this point: Josh and Tenley, Kirk and Carly, Tanner and Jade, Joe and Samantha, & Jared and Ashley I. That leaves two guys (Dan and JJ) to give out two roses between 5 girls: Juelia, Ashley S., Clare, Megan, and Amber. But of course, the cocktail party drama is still surrounding Joe and Samantha’s game play. No one trusts either of them, and Clare of all people calls out Samantha for bascially being shady towards her friend Juelia. I’m pretty sure this led to tears on Samantha’s part as she didn’t like being called out for something that everyone could see with their own two eyes. But of course, she was the only one who didn’t see anything remotely wrong with what she did. Samantha will not admit to anyone she’s done anything wrong, whether it be plotting with Joe or being a horrible friend to Juelia. Tanner and Jade even pull Joe and Samantha aside, and they realize Samantha is lying. She keeps downplaying their relationship before the show, when Joe has already outed her to the guys and the rest of the group. So she keeps digging herself a bigger hole than Joe ever did, and now Joe is coming across as a somewhat sympathetic figure. Well, maybe not yet. I’m sure there are fans out there at this point that still wouldn’t mind ripping his intestines out and hanging him by them.

-To get us away from the Joe/Samantha drama for at least a few minutes, they give us a looksie into what the hell is going on in Ashley I. and Jared’s relationship. Answer: Not a whole hell of a lot to be honest. He has about as much interest in her as Josh does to wearing sunscreen. Holy lobster boy Josh. I half expect him to start looking like “The Fly” when all that red skin starts blistering. But back to Jared and Ashley I., you’ll never believe this, but she’s complaining about something. Then again, the sun rose that day so what else was new? She said that Jared hasn’t touched her all week. Ummm, can you blame him? I mean after all, you are Ashley I. There is a small, teenie weenie possibility that your obsession over him he started seeing as “Single White Female” status and maybe even into “Fatal Attraction” craziness. Like maybe Jared has a rabbit at home that he doesn’t want to see served to him at dinner. Whatever the case, Jared pulls a mini Joe and makes out with her at the cocktail party just to assure her where he stands. Imagine if making out just ended all of the world’s problems as easy as it does on this show?

-Since Juelia already told JJ not to give her a rose, but she still wants to stay, she’s devised a plan (I’m assuming with the help of producers) to possibly stay on the show longer. Remember Mikey T, you know that guy who warned her about Joe that she didn’t listen to one bit of once Joe faked his interest in her? Remember him? You know, the guy she literally had to physically dodge once he tried to make out with her because she was so repulsed by him? Ummmm, she wants him now. Well, I wouldn’t say so much as wants him as it’s more that she enjoys being on TV and wants to stay longer and this is her only chance. She tells Chris Harrison she’d really like it if the show could somehow, some way in the goodness of their little hearts, find a way to bring Mikey T back on the island because she never gave him a chance. Sharleen nailed this perfectly in her blog Monday, but basically, the girl who didn’t want JJ’s pity rose, is now asking for a guy back who she essentially sent home by not giving him her rose – which is essentially as big of an act of pity as we’ll see on this show.

-Rose ceremony time.

Josh to Tenley
Jared to Ashley I.
Kirk to Carly
Tanner to Jade

JJ then shocks the world who hasn’t read any spoilers by giving his rose to Ashley S., because he tells us before he came on the show, he started seeing someone in Denver that he wants to pursue again. So he up and leaves to be with her. How’d that turn out for him? Ummmm, not so good buddy.

So there you go. The newest American hero, JJ Lane, is unemployed and still lives at home with his mother. Oh boy.

Joe to Samantha
Dan to Amber, thus eliminating Juelia, Clare, and Megan. Clare tells us this is her official retirement from the show. Lets hope so, since last season should’ve been her retirement. A paid vacation can always talk these people back for more.

But in the least surprising news of the night, Juelia gets her wish granted as she’s walking off the set to the car bringing her back to the hotel – Mikey has returned and he’s there to save her! Man, this is like a modern day “Notebook” playing out before our eyes – except for the part where Juelia doesn’t even like Mikey and she just wants to stay on TV. So yeah, totes similar.

1. hurricaneemily

August 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM

Hey, Steve.

Thanks for posting that clip of Nick winning Bachelor Pad. I couldn’t remember who he was for the life of me but now I remember. That was one of the most epic moments in this franchise’s history.

Also, thanks for the link to Sharleen’s post. I never seem to be able to find her.

I’m still stuck in L.A. on west coast time and I’m trying to blog about the show. It’s killing me not to have access to the east coast satellite feed.

Here’s my recap for week 4 episode 2 which includes a link to my recap for episode 1 and my review of UnREAL which I binge watched over the weekend.

2. Caroll

August 25, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Really enjoy watching UnREAL. Looking forward to Season Two. Great casting! Interested to see Chet who has lost FIFTY POUNDS between Seasons One and Two. Craig Bierko and Constance Zimmerman appeared on episodes of Boston Legal. Interesting to see them in those roles. Like them better though in UnREAL!

August 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM

How many people are now blogging this show? I don’t think this many people blog about the Dallas Cowboys. Well, I guess Emily’s just one more I won’t be reading. I don’t even have time to go all the way through RS’s expansive blog.

The best part about the BP clip was a completely silent Chris Butt-kowski. (Is that dude on some version of the show every single year?) I guess if you rake all the cash you can finally shut up that douche.

4. mizliz

August 25, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Just two things from the Aftershow. The Nick thing was stupid. I hate seeing him on TV in general, so… And two. Did you see the huge hug in the last moments of the Aftershow? How about Dan and Juelia try dating? I think they’d be cute together!

5. samkwa

August 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Sorry to anyone who may be offended, but I dislike the way Juelia’s name is spelled, and I hope we’re done with this storyline. Such the victim.

6. kimmyfromdablock

August 25, 2015 at 6:48 PM

I did not buy Joe’s schtick for a minute last night. He was a robot reading from an internal script. He’s a sociopath.

I almost pooped myself thinking Nick was going to be Bach. Seeing that smarmy mug on my tv every week would’ve been a tough burden to carry.

Juelia (yes the spelling is tiresome and stupid) has held onto her victim card for way too long and is looking more and more like a pathetic pawn. Have some pride girl.

7. wanker

August 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Steve, I thoroughly enjoy your site, and always take your opinions with a grain of salt, it’s too bad, some people can’t.

In regards to last night’s show.
    I record the show every week to watch the next day, and I am on the West coast, and the only show that I get the live East coast feed for, are eviction nights of Big Brother, otherwise, I’m used to the “not live” situation, although, I HATE it, and wish it were otherwise.

Anyway, since I do record the show, I had to rewind it twice when Nick was on, (I multitask) I thought it was soooo stupid of them to think that we ARE stupid enough to fall for that 2 min. interview…I was actually talking to my TV, saying out loud, which I NEVER do, how stupid it was…and then was laughing…

So, keep up the good job Steve.
    I look forward to another season of spoiling…
    (and yes, I’m the wanker, of a year, or so ago) …:)

8. justforfun

August 25, 2015 at 11:01 PM

To be fair, Juelia did not choose the spelling of her name. I do find her to be very annoying though.

Joe is wound too tight. He seems ke the kind of guy that can be nice, and sweet, until something doesn’t go his way. Then his as*hole side comes out. He looked very tense & uptight on the after show.

Overall I am finding BIP to be bor4ing

9. elizabeth82

August 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM

@justforfun: How do we know? :p AshLee changed her given name to that idiotic spelling.

10. rl1991

August 26, 2015 at 5:52 AM

Who gives a f@$k how people spell their names. You people are bigger losers than the people on this show.

11. adrie

August 26, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hahahahhahaha thank you for linking that Bachelor Pad video – I forgot how epic that season was and how explosive that finale was! You can see everyone’s faces start to drop when they realise he ain’t sharing the money. Gold.

12. cjscjs711

August 26, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Spellings of names – the Juelia spelling annoys me, too, because seeing it spelling like that makes me try to pronounce it in some weird way in my mind as I read it.

But seriously, once you’re over 18 you can legally change your own name. You don’t have to be stuck with it. Odd spellings like that create more problems generally than they solve. There are exceptions, though. I have a friend who has the same first name as her mother, and while they lived together as adults, it became a nuisance with mail because they couldn’t tell whose mail was whose to open, so my friend changed the spelling to – not something so odd as Juelia – but to solve the problem.

It’s something to give serious thought to when naming a child. These weird-spelled names may be cool to the parents: “It says she’s individual!” “Unique!” but they’ll present constant misspellings and corrections for the child to deal with growing up. Enough of that comes naturally, with common names!

13. braveo900

August 27, 2015 at 1:01 AM

Wow, you guys, you must have a really difficult time if you ever visit a multicultural city. I can only imagine you haven’t if you’re that hung up on name spellings. Constant mispronunciations only happen because of people who don’t take the time to learn something they think is “too foreign” or “weird.”

14. flightgirl

August 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Rewatching that Bachelor Bad ending was great. When I first saw it I hated him, but this time rewatching it and listening to what he says, I loved him! He was the underdog who came out on top.

Anyways, Juelia is annoying because she also misled guys on the show. Basically you have to partner up to stay in the game whether you like someone or not. It is the only way to get the opportunity to meet someone more compatible on this show. But they could also meet anyone outside of the show if that was their actual objective. So I don’t feel sorry for Juelia at all. I think Joe treated Jonathon worse and crushed him.