Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

A “Bachelor” Update with Your Three “Lauren’s”

No “Daily Links” today. I’ll add them on Monday. Today is going to be a “Bachelor”-centric update. It was only a matter of time. Usually when pictures of girls faces on dates get out on the internet, shortly thereafter it’s revealed who they are. Once Ben’s 1-on-1 in Mexico happened at the fashion show, I figured it wouldn’t take long for someone to find who she was and I was tweeted her name yesterday. So since she shares the first name with two other girls this season, I figured I’d give you this season’s three “Lauren’s.” What a great guy. As I’ve said all along, as we get closer to the end, more and more stuff will start getting out and I will begin to fill you in on things. A lot of stuff I haven’t been able to tell you yet for a variety of reasons. Who got the first impression rose? Who got the first date of the season? What happened to the twins? All stuff I’ve had but can’t say just yet, because as I addressed on Twitter yesterday, it’s necessary for the site. I know contestants names will get out on the internet. Happens every season. It’s almost impossible for names not to get out at some point, and I’m perfectly fine with that. If I wasn’t, I’d give you every girl’s name the second I had them. I just can’t and won’t do that. There’s a method to my madness. Anyway, here are your three Lauren’s from this season. They’ve all been added to the Ben’s Girls link in the navigation bar at top…
_____________________________________________________________

7. Lauren Himle: 25, Ann Arbor, MI. Graduated Grand Valley St. University in 2012. Currently teaches at Novi Woods Elementary School in Novi, Michigan. Also has a side job that a lot of these girls do, selling jewelry & accessories for Keep Collective. Has a sister Jen, whose boyfriend, Sam Marsh, ironically tweeted at me the day I tweeted out the pictures of Lauren on the date.

Instagram – keepbylauren
Google Plus – Lauren Himle

LaurenH1 (2)LaurenH1LaurenH2LaurenH3LaurenH7LaurenH8LaurenH4LaurenH6
_____________________________________________________________

8. Lauren Barr: 23. Stillwater, OK. Grew up in Missouri, was a Pi Phi and graduated Oklahoma St. University in 2013. She’s currently a buyer for a fashion boutique. Has a sister, Megan Redden. I can tell you that she’s already been eliminated.

Instagram – _lbarr_ (deactivated as of 10/16)

Lauren1 (2)Lauren2 (2)Lauren3Lauren4Lauren5Lauren6
_____________________________________________________________

9. Lauren Bushnell: 25, Originally from Portland, Oregon. Attended Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington. Graduated with a B.A. in Business Management. Currently lives in LA and is a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines. Her roommate in LA is Whitney Young, who posts numerous pictures of them in bikinis if you’re into that sort of thing. Has a brother Brett, a brother Bryant, and a sister Mollie.

Instagram – lauren_bushnell (deactivated as of 10/16)

So what’s Lauren’s claim to “fame?” Well, she knows the girl that Josh Murray just dumped, Anna Von Staehle, as they are both in this picture. Assuming it’s the Oregon connection (Lauren is on the far right):

LaurenB8

LaurenB1LaurenB2LaurenB3LaurenB4LaurenB5LaurenB6LaurenB7
_____________________________________________________________

As for the show, one pretty big correction I need to make on my spoilers. They did NOT go to the Bahamas after leaving Las Vegas. They went straight to Mexico City, where episode 5 was filmed. They’ve left Mexico City and NOW, from everything I’ve gathered, they’re headed to the Bahamas and will be at Grand Isle Resort Exuma. The way it works with the filming crew on this show, is they usually leap frog each other. So the production crew that worked in Vegas for episode 4, doesn’t go to episode 5’s location. They skip that, and start setting up for the next location in episode 6. Completely forgot this when I was told last week production setting up at Grand Isle Resort in Bahamas, thinking they went straight from Vegas to the Bahamas. It was only crew that was setting up shop there, not the actual girls. Having been told before the season Bahamas was a possible location, then hearing crew was there, I just assumed episode 5 was in Bahamas and they went there from Vegas. That’s my mistake. Crew and production are in the Bahamas now and filming should begin on episode 6 today or tomorrow.

And since we know that filming will be in Warsaw, Indiana next weekend, and that there will be a public date at Rex’s Rendezvous next Friday night, we can assume episode 7 (the episode before hometowns), is in Warsaw. I still haven’t heard where the overnights and final rose ceremony location is yet, but I have a feeling that’s gonna get out sooner rather than later.

Have a good weekend and I’ll talk to you on Monday. Next week I’m sure I’ll start filling you in on more and more details of Ben’s season.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you Monday.

1. andrearmasi

October 16, 2015 at 8:36 AM

goooo Lauren H!!!! I am a GVSU graduate as well! Love to see a GV girl get on the show. Very upcoming college in Michigan.

2. bugsmeany

October 16, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Argh! Just “Laurens,” no apostrophe. You’re killing me, Steve.

3. vessel

October 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Steve you write for a living, and stick an apostrophe in “Laurens”??? You’re killing me, too. That is basic stuff, man.

4. jessicat

October 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM

@vessel and @bugsmeany:

I had exactly the same thoughts. This is basic stuff and Steve writes for living. You don’t add an apostrophe when you make a word plural!

October 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM

So, he released three girls. I don’t ever care about that part. Do it, or don’t. But again, he insists on going over the “I’ll release them when I feel like it” routine. Does he think we don’t get it? Or does he just like writing it? It’s like the writer’s version of Tourette’s.

See what I did there with the apostrophes?

6. cjscjs711

October 16, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Don’t get me started on Steve’s grammar and spelling….. He had the word within quotes – let’s assume he was quoting someone else’s error. He should also just stop with the profuse apologies – at this point I, for one, couldn’t care less whether they went to Mexico City or Timbuktu.

7. mariet

October 16, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Steve’s blogs are always full of grammatical errors and typos and I mean simple, basic English we were taught in elementary school. I never understood why he doesn’t have someone proofread his work for him. And he thinks of himself as a “writer” as he tells us many times. Uh, no. Far from it.

8. LynnS

October 16, 2015 at 1:51 PM

So many people, unfortunately, put apostrophes where they don’t belong – in a plural word. And then they don’t put them where they actually do belong.

I’ve mentioned this before: Steve uses the word “lets” all the time. He is meaning let us, so it should be let’s.

I don’t know why people who write professionally don’t make more of an effort to at least get the basics right.

9. Plotka

October 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM

The comma placement should be a major embarrassment for Steve, but he will just demean someone who calls him out on hit. His crappy grammar aside, I love when Steve trashes other celebrity gossip writers out for scooping a ‘Bachelor’ or ‘Bachelorette’ story.

Funny thing, sometimes they are right. I know this first hand because I wrote a piece last year about Kaitlyn Bristowe and he trashed my article for being wrong. I ended up being 100% correct, and he didn’t have the family jewels to say, “Hey, I’m sorry for trashing the site, you were correct.”

As far as not releasing all the girls because he has a “method to his madness” is it possible the “madness” is “I’m still waiting for find out who they are?” Hmmm.

Love the spoilers, Steve, but a slice of humble pie would do ya’ good.

10. Plotka

October 16, 2015 at 5:56 PM

…and that’s “trashes other writers for scooping…” Maybe I should have done a little proofreading and I would have caught the random word “out” in my comment. I’m alway the first to admit when I make a mistake. There’s a lesson to be learned here, Steve.

Remember, your readers pay for your Olive Garden meals.

11. kimmyfromdablock

October 17, 2015 at 4:33 AM

So….last night Steve sent out THREE!! tweets because he “heard” Kaitlyn mentioned his name in a new Periscope video.

Steve tweeted that Kaitlyn was ’embarrassing’ herself by mentioning him on her Periscope.

So of course I had to watch the very long and boring Periscope in which Kaitlyn and Shawn are hanging out at home with Shawn’s sister and Shawn’s dog. It was pretty boring but endearingly normal. The mention of Steve was prompted by something that was posted during the Periscope from a commenter. Shawn said a couple sentences alluding to Steve being a tool and Kaitlyn mentioned more power to him for making a living by writing about Bach while living in his Mom’s basement.

And that was it. It lasted all of 30 seconds. Made me laugh and was no big thing.

Steve, you may live in Texas…..but that chip is visible from every state in the U.S. Lighten up dude. It. Ain’t. That. Serious.