Daily Links

Daily Links – 10/20

A question posed to me yesterday after the column went up was if the girls who make it Warsaw this week will meet Ben’s family early? I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s the case. Remember, Chris Soules took his final 6 girls to his hometown and his parents weren’t involved. And just like Chris, Ben was a high school football player. So maybe they do a date at his alma mater. I haven’t heard they are, I’m just speculating. I’m sure one of the dates will consist of one of the girls meeting Bens’ friends like Whitney did last year on the mural date with Chris. But I don’t expect Bens’ parents to be involved in any of the Warsaw dates, just using Chris’ season as an example. But I wouldn’t be surprised if one, or a group date, got to meet his friends. And yes, they are going back to regular hometown dates this season, and I can’t remember the last season where at least ONE hometown didn’t get spoiled on social media. Those wouldn’t start til mid next week.

One other quick note about yesterdays post. I didn’t realize that the pictures of Amanda were so outdated. Those were from her teenage years, so I updated her bio today with more recent pictures I was able to get a hold of. She’s been updated in yesterday’s post and on the Ben’s Girls page in the navigation bar up top. On to “Daily Links”…

-Spencer Pratt said last week that he was the one behind leaking the Lauren Conrad sex tape story, not Heidi, as it was portrayed on the “Hills.” Well there’s the shocker of all shockers. Not. So now he’s still claiming there was one of Lauren and Jason, but that he leaked the story. It’s amazing 10 years later they’re still milking this for however much they can. I’m surprised that sex tape never got out. Whatever the case, I’m enjoying this new Heidi who’s outing the “Hills” for being as fake as it was. I mean, we all kinda knew it was, but to hear it directly from the people involved is funny.

-Nell Kalter’sRHOC recap is now up of Part 1 of 432 reunion shows that will sure make everyone who watches dumber. Nell’s first paragraph pretty much sums it up best. Any time you can compare watching an RHOC reunion show to having bad sex, then it’s a great analogy.

-DWTS’ eliminated Paula Deen last night (about 4 weeks too late if you ask me), and Glamour magazine has your recap & behind the scenes access. Recreating iconic dances was damn near next to impossible. Of course none were better than the original. As charming as Hayes is, lets face it, him as Danny Zucko just wasn’t doing it for me. C’mon. The kid had never even seen the movie before and now he’s supposed to recreate arguably one of the most iconic scenes from our generation? In front of Olivia Newton John? Good effort, but I just wasn’t having it.

-I tweeted this out on Thursday, but since yesterday and Friday’s column were strictly “Bachelor” related, now I can get it in here. And it’s a must read. First, you’ve got Jeff Varner’s interview with EW.com’s Dalton Ross, about his exit from the show last week. Then in another, more lengthy interview, he went scorched earth on Tasha and Savage, for how they really were out there. Yikes. Tell us how you really feel Jeff. I’m amazed at how much is getting left on the editing floor this season. Seems like every week someone gets booted, in their post show interview, they tell us something that was never shown on the show that’s really important. Varner has all types of good stories to share. Must read for die hard “Survivor” fans.

-Kaley Cuoco’s now ex-husband is asking for spousal support. Well of course he is. Even though they signed a pre-nup, this guy wants some of her cake. And why wouldn’t he? She’s the highest paid actress, per episode, on television right now. And he’s, well, he’s Ryan Sweeting that no one knows or cares about.

-Val & Maks will be appearing on an upcoming episode of “Fuller House,” as they will play love interests for sisters DJ and Tanner. Whoa. A foursome? How come no one told me “Fuller House” was going to incorporate group orgies into their storylines? I’m in!

-Chrissy Teigen made the huge mistake of posting baby bump pictures on her Instagram. It brought out all the trolls and body shamers in full force, and now she says she’ll never do that again. Chrissy, how you couldn’t see this coming a mile away is beyond me. Is it right? Of course not. But this is the world we live in now. You could post on Instagram that you saved 10 puppies from a burning house, and someone somewhere will comment “why didn’t you save 15?” If you don’t want people commenting, then don’t post anything. Otherwise, you’re gonna get what you got.

-Britney had a wardrobe malfunction during a recent concert. Ok, when I see wardrobe malfunction in the headline, I expect to see something good when I read the story. So she had a rip down her back. There are levels to wardrobe malfunctions and this is about a negative 20. Tara Reid’s botched boob job nipple slip at the awards show would be the gold standard. That image has been burned into my head forever.

-Eddie Murphy accepted an award over the weekend, and told a joke in front of a live for the first time in 28 years. Naturally, he went after Bill Cosby. If Eddie came out of retirement right now and went back into standup, he’d immediately be a hit again. No question. I grew up on “Delirious” and “Raw,” and those were game changers. Hell, some of it still even holds up today. But in his prime, there was no one better.

-They played a mini version of the “Newlywed Game” on E!, where Carlos Penavega asked the questions, and his wife, Alexa, and dance partner Witney, had to see who knew him best. I feel like they do this every season on E! with someone’s dance partner and/or their gf/wife. Spoiler Alert: Alexa won.

-You know I love me some game show bloopers. And this moron has moved into the pantheon of all time game show dumbasses. It’s not like she had 2 letters to a 3 letter word. No, even worse. She had the whole word spelled out for her and got it wrong.

-I, like many others, went into full freak out mode at halftime of the Giants/Eagles game last night. No, not because of the score or who was winning. I had zero rooting interest. But because ESPN was the first to release the final trailer for the new “Star Wars” movie. Here you go:

Yes, I’m a fan because I grew up on “Star Wars,” but I use the word “fan” quite loosely. Because we’ve seen some of the fans of this show. No, I’m nothing like that. I haven’t studied the history, dressed up in costume, attended Comic Con’s, or anything like that. I’ve just seen all the movies (the original 3 much more so than the prequels), and I’m excited they are continuing with another trilogy. The real geeks broke down last night’s trailer shot-by-shot for those who have no idea what they’re watching. Those are the uber dorks.

-And finally, this story broke a few weeks ago when it was learned a former assistant basketball coach at Louisville hired strippers to have sex with recruits and players. Not surprising. Happens at most colleges. Louisville just happened to get caught. Well, the woman who arranged all of this kept records of everything, and now she’s speaking for the first time publicly about the incident. Whoa. Hell, if half of this is true, and I tend to believe it is, goodbye Rick Pitino. And enjoy probation Louisville.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. justintime4

October 20, 2015 at 9:59 AM

The MODS on bachandbachettefans spoiled Warsaw before Steve did.

2. smurfette22

October 20, 2015 at 11:12 AM

justintime4:

WHO CARES? I know I don’t. I’ve been to the forums and honestly, there are a lot of people that don’t want to sift through the hundreds of different pages of information for one or two spoilers. Most of it being opinions and some speculations. Plus, there are posters there that claim to know someone, but won’t post how. So, yes, Steve may get scooped from time to time, but it’s not the end of the world. I come here to read his posts because he doesn’t post the most minuscule speculations.

One last thing, by coming over to his site and trolling and trying to get people to come to go the forums comes off as you are trying to mess with his career/finances.

And no, you probably don’t care what I have to say because you are a TROLL.

3. smurfette22

October 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM

And yes, I am aware there is an error in my message. No need to point it out.

4. jessicat

October 20, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Maks and Val are going to play potential love interests for “DJ and Tanner”? DJ’s last name is Tanner. I think Steve got something mixed up here.

5. jbai88

October 20, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Didn’t Jade meet Chris’ parents at the football game when they went to his hometown?

6. yellowcrayon

October 20, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Yes, I do remember Chris’ parents were in the stands watching the football game when Chris introduced them to Jade.

October 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM

I think it’s a little funny to know that the Bachelor Forum is scooping RS on some things. But, there is no way in hell I’m going to participate in that hot mess with all the crazies.

I doubt that RS’s finances are taking a hit because of some fan-girl forum. There are only three reason RS will have a problem. (1) He gets lazy about putting his spoilers out & starts getting scooped by another site (2) He gets sloppy and his spoilers are inaccurate or (3) the show goes off the air. He has gotten a little lazy at times IMO, and he has had some accuracy issues. But so far, not enough to hurt his brand.

8. angelfish

October 20, 2015 at 1:49 PM

I was really sad when Survivor Jeff Varner got voted off the island, he was my favorite. Now I have nobody to root for. 🙁

I don’t think Chris’ parents spent any time with Jade, so just getting a quick hello at the game didn’t make any difference. But his sisters did get to meet some of them, since that’s how Jade also got the Cinderella date.

9. justintime4

October 20, 2015 at 2:07 PM

smurfette-You really expect people to explain in full how they know someone over a message board? Take MrWrite for example, he has scooped RS on most contestants. It’s obvious that he has connections to at least one person from the show, so why should he give every detail how he knows that person? Most of the contestants and their families read that site, and it would be easy to figure out who the posters are. He should just give his name and address.

10. angelfish

October 20, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Sooooooooo bored with the desperation of the stalker board crazies!

Seriously, do you people want a cookie or something??? Do you think there’s some kind of contest between you & Reality Steve?

Steve wins. Now crawl back into your cave. ROFL

11. yellowcrayon

October 20, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I think jbai88 was just correcting Steve because he said Chris’ parents weren’t involved when the final 6 went to his hometown. They were, even if briefly 🙂

The forum isn’t a crazy place in my experience. It’s for people who like keeping up with & discussing spec/spoilers on the season before it airs. Those of us who come here are basically doing the same, right? This is my first year following the season and so I’ve been on different sites… I saw the names of pretty much all these girls on that site. Steve usually gets some inside scoop, so I don’t think it matters much. But there’s no need for either side to be very snippy. Aren’t we all here for the same reason? Or do people just enjoy reading Steve’s columns for fun? 🙂 That’s ok, too.

Btw, it was nice seeing him so happy at the TSwift concert.

12. bugsmeany

October 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM

You forum kooks are like Bing executives bragging about how fast their searches are. Congratulations, it doesn’t matter. People are still going to use Google.

13. cjscjs711

October 20, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Why the huffiness over mentioning the forum site? I must live under a rock because I had never even heard of it, much less imagined any rivalry.

Just like in the business world – competition is healthy. What’s wrong with letting RS know someone scooped him? A) This is all he does for work; and B) He’s admitted he’s withholding details because….. because. There are other people who are not withholding. It’s good to know of both sites. I liked the organized way in which the mod had laid out details of the schedule.

From what I saw, they are two very different styles, very different outlets. There’s some overlap in competition, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I mean, join the club! Some of us face VERY intense competition in OUR jobs. So RS does too? So?

14. smurfette22

October 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM

The only reason I brought up the career/finances thing was because a Mod on that forum actually made a similar comment.

Maybe my reply was snarky.

15. angelfish

October 21, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Every time a bored stalker from that fan site comes over here to finger wag at Steve, he gets more board activity.

Which means more money in his pocket, more TSwift concerts and more trips to Vegas.

I imagine Steve loves those gals, as they’re probably also funding his retirement! LOL

October 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM

cjscjs711: agree. If another site starts getting spoilers it will keep RS on his toes. When RS is on his game, he has some great stuff. When he’s bored and lazy about his spoilers, the site is very sub-par. I welcome the competition. It will make RS better, or it will make him out of business. (I pray to God that he’ll just post his spoilers when he has them, or when he decides to, instead of talking about having them and not disclosing them).

And angelfish is right too. Any controversy that generates more clicks works in RS’s favor. Clicks = ad $$$’s. Even if people come on here to hate on RS, it’s just another click. Cha-ching.