Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

A Weekend Recap of the “Bachelor” in Indiana

From the time Fridays column was posted, pictures got out this weekend of every date that Ben had. As we know, the girls arrived Thursday night at the Indianapolis airport, then began filming Friday morning. I had posted the pics from the airport Thursday and the early Friday morning pictures of them walking as a group together in Warsaw getting ready for that day. As is the case most seasons, in the episode before hometowns, there’s two 1-on-1 dates (with no roses given out), and a group date where whoever gets the rose automatically secures a hometown date. A couple times in the past they’ve done three 1-on-1’s and a group date, but that’s been the exception. This season was just like the schedule I posted on Friday. 3 dates Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, with a rose ceremony tonight, travel day tomorrow, and hometowns beginning on Wednesday. Obviously a lot of questions regarding my tweets yesterday afternoon as the emails and replies to it came pouring in with a lot of you not understanding how Becca is getting a hometown before the rose ceremony even takes place tonight. I’ll explain later in the column. But first, for those that don’t follow along on Twitter where all this was spoiled over the weekend (along with some pictures from Friday I didn’t post), here was your weekend recap of the dates:

FRIDAY:

The girls were seen Friday morning walking around shooting their “Welcome to Warsaw” video package, even though they’d arrived the night before. This happens quite often where the group arrives at night, but then they have them shoot the next day to pretend like they just arrived.

A couple hours later, Ben and all the girls were out on a boat…

For clarification, that afternoon I had tweeted that Ben’s 1-on-1 that day was with Emily Ferguson. That was wrong and it was corrected hours later when Ben and Lauren B. showed up at Rex’s Rendezvous. I hadn’t seen any pictures, but I was told about a short blonde that Ben was seen with, but hadn’t seen any pictures. So apparently the info I got just didn’t clarify their definition of short since the only short blonde left was Emily. But Ben is 6’4″, so maybe that’s why the girl looked short to that person. I guessed it was Emily and ended up being wrong for a few hours. That’s what I get for guessing without having seen pictures. Of course once Ben and Lauren B. arrived at Rex’s Rendezvous, it was obvious he was with Lauren all day after meeting the girls on the boat and never with Emily…

Not 5 minutes after Ben and Lauren B. had shown up at Rex’s Rendezvous did I get sent these pictures from earlier in the day of them together. If only I had gotten them sooner, obviously I would’ve never reported that his date was with Emily.

BenLauren1BenLauren2BenLauren3

During the day, Ben and Lauren visited the Baker Youth Club where Ben used to work, and they met up with some of his friends. Also in attendance were Indiana Pacers Paul George and George Hill, along with head coach Frank Vogel. Once they were inside Rex’s later that night, people already inside were not allowed to post pictures, hence the reason the only thing on social media was pics of them entering and leaving. But inside, they also met up with some friends of Ben that night as well. And I was able to get a hold of this picture from inside:

BenLauren4

SATURDAY:

Saturday was interesting because for the longest time, everything was quiet on social media. You knew any dates filming in Warsaw were going to get spoiled because it’s basically impossible to have filming in a small town like that and nothing get out. Then on Saturday around 5:00pm CST, this picture popped up on Instagram and we realized why no one had seen anything in Warsaw that day. It’s because Ben and his date took a roadie to Wrigley Field in Chicago for a private date…

Now granted, because I was wrong the previous day on Emily and this picture was blurry, within 10 minutes I got 5 emails asking me if I was sure that was JoJo. People kept swearing to me it was Becca. I posted it was JoJo because I knew it was JoJo. What’s funny about that is, it’s obvious that “Janet C Davies” was not supposed to post that picture, because within minutes of me tweeting it out, she had deleted it from her Instagram. Womp woooooooooommmmmp. Too late. Sorry Janet. Whatever the case, that was the only picture from Ben and JoJo’s date that got out so everyone give a nice, warm thank you to Janet for providing us with that.

SUNDAY:

Yesterday was a group date with Caila, Amanda, Emily, and Becca. No part of the group date portion actually got out on social media, but for at least a month we’ve known they were setting up a carnival in Warsaw last night for a date. With only Amanda showing up with rose in hand, we knew that she’d gotten the group date rose, thus securing herself a hometown date, unless they decided to change the rules or something, which I highly doubt. There are tons of pictures on Twitter and Instagram of Ben and Amanda last night at the carnival so I won’t bombard you with all of them. Here were just a few I was given and some I retweeted…

Video of Ben and Amanda kissing: https://instagram.com/p/9SLLLOFrJU/

However, the biggest news to come from yesterday and the one most asked about were these three tweets I sent out yesterday afternoon:

The most asked question was, “If the rose ceremony hasn’t taken place, and Becca didn’t get a rose on the group date, how is it known that she is getting a hometown date?” Simple. This is a television show. They have to plan in advance. Producers contact families during the the final 6 portion (and sometimes earlier) of the show and prepare families for hometown dates. They can’t just spring it on them after tonight’s rose ceremony, so they make sure everything is in place. Producers talk to Ben for hours every day. They know who his final four is. Hell, I think most of the girls have a pretty good idea who he’s taking to hometowns. But to answer the question, no, it is not uncommon for the families to know before the final 6 rose ceremony takes place if their kid is coming for a hometown. Becca is getting one this Friday in Shreveport, LA on her birthday, just like last season with Chris. When 5 different people email me in a span of an hour to tell me they heard Becca is getting a hometown, that’s pretty solid info. And also shows that someone in the family or close to them can’t keep their mouth shut.

Now, is it possible that since this was reported yesterday production could be so pissed that they take Becca’s hometown date away and give it to someone else? Possible? Yes. Do I think it’ll happen? No. Of course they’re not happy something like this would get out before the rose ceremony takes place, but nothing they can do at this point. I didn’t hear about any other families having their dates set up, so it just so happened Becca’s friends/family/relatives have big mouths I guess. Oh well. Not my fault. I just report what I hear.

Anyway, the rose ceremony is tonight and we know that Amanda is getting a hometown as well as Becca, based on the info I received. Will I have the other 2 in the final four confirmed before tomorrow’s post? I don’t know. I hope to. But I can tell you it’d be really surprising if it wasn’t Lauren and JoJo. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. But hopefully I’ll get confirmation before tomorrow’s post and we can go from there. You know what’s exciting? I’m heading to Orange County this weekend. And Amanda lives in Orange County. Will I be able to spoil her hometown date as it’s happening? Stay tuned….

By the way, BIG update coming tomorrow as well. If I get the final 4 confirmed, that’ll be a bonus. But will have some more info for you tomorrow, as it’ll be my last post this week since I’ll be gone the rest of the weekend.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. topazgold

October 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM

I thought Steve swore up & down Becca would be gone before hometown dates?!? Especially since he told her specifically not to come on this season as Ben didn’t want any of farmer Chris’s rejects.

Makes me wonder if they’re setting her up as the next Bachelorette….

2. vessel

October 26, 2015 at 10:04 AM

I think it was more along the lines of “I doubt Becca will even make it as far as hometowns.”

I could live without boring Becca making it this far in the show. She’s pretty much the last person I would have guessed would be back for more. All of Chris’ season she gave me the vibe that she just wasn’t feeling any of it and couldn’t wait to go home. Odd.

3. lifeofafinnsta

October 26, 2015 at 10:10 AM

I’m not really a fan of these predicted final four. The kiss between Ben and Amanda lacked a lot of chemistry. Also I don’t think Ben would pick Amanda because he does not seem like the type to be a stepdad so early in his life. My favorites are Caila and Lauren so far, but then again I haven’t seen how they are portrayed. I’m also disappointed that Reality Steve said Becca would not even make it to hometowns, but now she has one? I just hope this season will be better than the spoilers perceive it to be.

October 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM

topazgold: I commented on that last week and agree. The show has gone out of it’s way, via Social Media releases, to make sure everyone knows Becca is still on the show. As she cruises into the Hometowns and the F4, she becomes eligible to be The Bachelorette. If RS is right, and Ben is really not interested in Becca, then she’s there because the producers want her for the ratings Becca will likely pull in for this season, the possibility/probability arises of her becoming the next Bachelorette.

In addition, on the heals of Kaitlyn’s trashy version of The Bachelorette, the show would likely react and pull the show back towards the middle. So, using virgin Becca in both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette makes a lot of sense.

Now, they’ve only positioned Becca to be eligible. The show has to play out & Becca has to remain a fan favorite. As long as that happens, and nothing happens to turn the crazies against her, it’s her gig to lose. Of course, if any other girl shows up as serious competition, things could change. But I see it as Becca’s to lose. She’s got a big head start on Social Media and fan sites over anyone else, about whom we know very little. The only other variable is if Becca decides not to do it. She got a free ride during Chris’ season with little to no criticism. With her overt fame-whoring on social media and 2nd appearance on the show, she will generate more haters. If she can’t handle that, she may reconsider. My guess, however, is the hatas will be in the minority (we know who we are!). She will maintain a very good fan base and be in great position.

5. lauriejo

October 26, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Maybe they prepare all the families for a hometown, just in case. Hopefully this is the case as I was tired of boring Becca in Chris’s season. Girl has no personality to speak of. What a flatliner….

October 26, 2015 at 10:28 AM

BTW: RS was only speculating on Becca. Since the Hometowns were far in the future, it was nothing like a spoiler. He speculates all the time, sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Spoilers are about events that have already happened, but that the show tries (sometimes) to keep secret. That’s where the accuracy is key, not any predictions & musings about future happenings. None of us has a crystal ball, including RS.

I suspect he has some intel that Ben is not that into Becca, and that went into his predictions. But that intel wouldn’t take into account any producer driven plot lines that keep Becca in place as long as possible, despite Ben’s disinterest. We’ll see. Maybe Ben likes Becca more than RS thought. Maybe she even wins. But RS’s comments make total sense to me in terms of Ben not being into Becca.

Unless she grows a personality overnight & stops acting like a bi-curious lesbian taking one last look at the other team, then Becca just cannot win. It might just be me, but I think men usually prefer women who actually like men. Two on ones with a pair of lesbians sounds interesting until we figure out that we end up sitting on the end of the bed watching TV. I’d lay 100-1 on Becca not making it past the F3. That’s where Kaitlyn left the party, and I think set her up nicely for The Bachelor.

7. sexyintrigue

October 26, 2015 at 10:35 AM

The predicted final 4 all look very boring. They all have the same type of look. I don’t know if Ben told them he preferred fair haired girls or what but they all look alike. was really hoping Ben would surprise me.

8. vessel

October 26, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Ew if Becca is the Bachelorette I might sit that season out and just come here for recaps. I cannot handle her dull as dishwater monotone personality. No way. Hopefully Steve’s suggestion that JoJo is a front runner for the gig pans out. Not that I know anything at all about the girl, I just know she isn’t Becca.

9. mizlara

October 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Here’s why that tweet from Janet C. Davies was deleted. http://abc7chicago.com/about/newsteam/janet-davies/

10. wavecatchingmom

October 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM

rob22! LOL, love that synapsis of Becca and agree. I hope that she’s not the bachette, she has zero personality and zero facial expressions, horrible conversationalist. I like that she’s not stick thin, but that’s about it.

11. megan1024

October 26, 2015 at 12:34 PM

I was there in Warsaw last night when he had his date with Amanda. She was all smiles and seemed happy when they walked into the carnival. But she just didn’t really seem to enjoy it in my opinion she seemed to have a serious face the rest of the night and didn’t really smile much after they arrived. She does seem like a sweet, nice girl but I just didn’t really feel like they had a connection or chemistry. They did kiss a lot but a lot of the times it was when someone was yelling for them too. He seemed to smile more at the people that were taking pictures and talking to him than he did when he was with/looked at her. I feel like because she had the rose she really didn’t have to try the rest of the night. I don’t know that’s just my opinion of everything from what I saw of the date and I pretty much followed them around the whole the night so I just don’t think he’ll pick her in the end but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see haha :/

12. sassybaby30

October 26, 2015 at 1:11 PM

First of all becca is NOT gonna be the next Bachelorette… Shes only on the show for ratings and to have people talking. Most likely ben might send her ass home after hometowns. I just cant see ben taking Her to the overnight date. I might be wrong but we will see.

October 26, 2015 at 1:16 PM

megan: it’s hard to know, but it all comes down to how Ben dissects the date, and of course how it’s edited. They usually end up having some alone time after the public part of the night, so I’m guessing more weight would be put on that vs. how someone did in front of a crowd.

An introvert personality type would not enjoy a crowd situation like that, but would do fine one on one. Yeah, so who knows. We know virtually nothing about these people, so it’s all speculation.

14. megan1024

October 26, 2015 at 2:52 PM

Rob: yeah that’s true I just feel like her whole demeanor changed from when she walked in all happy and smiley to walking around and riding rides not really smiling. When they ended their dare they got told what to say and it just looked unnatural and while they kissed each other goodbye they didn’t really smile or seem happy as they were talking before they parted whys. I don’t know everything just seemed to change from when they arrived to when they said goodbye. Wether that means anything or not who knows. I just didn’t feel it and neither did another person I was with. But that’s just our opinion. At the end it his decision not ours

15. angelfish

October 26, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Maybe all those emails from Becca’s family were an attempt to torpedo her chances with Ben. If they make a lot of fuss in the media before Ben even chooses, maybe he’d think twice about her, no hometown date, and ABC would leave them the hell alone.

That would make it plain to Becca that the family is tired of her famewhoring and keep them out of it! Unless they actually like the attention.

16. yellowcrayon

October 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I am sorry to judge, but how does a parent leave 2 little kids at home for over a month (for a reality show)? One of them looks younger than two.

17. sue4311

October 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM

I was at an event in July with about 150 other women, and you guys have Becca ALL WRONG!!!! She’s absolutely a very smart, sweet and amazing woman. I also was in Warsaw this last weekend, and I TOTALLY agree with megan about Amanda. She was acting very oddly once they got into the crowds after their entrance under the arch. She wasn’t acting like she was into Ben or the whole experience. When you’re into somebody it doesn’t matter where you are or what you’re doing, there’s a certain look you have and Amanda didn’t have it. But back to Becca, don’t slam what you don’t know…..there’s a big difference between TV and the REAL Becca. The REAL Becca may have high standards but that’s what separates her from the HORRIBLY TRASHY Kaitlyn season. Becca would definately bring the ‘Trista Class’ back to the Bachelorette.

18. bugsmeany

October 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM

sassybaby30: “First of all becca is NOT gonna be the next Bachelorette… Shes only on the show for ratings and to have people talking. Most likely ben might send her ass home after hometowns.”

That would make her #3, which is the magic number for becoming the next Bachelor/Bachelorette. It’s so obvious at this point. Ugh.

19. cjscjs711

October 27, 2015 at 9:58 AM

It always mystifies me how RS ridicules and denigrates those who betray confidences that he, himself, then picks up on and blogs on his own site. A site that without such betrayed confidences would attract virtually zero readers, zero ad income; hence zero income for RS himself. …”shows that someone in the family or close to them can’t keep their mouth shut.” ???! He should be grateful they cannot! And be gracious about accepting. But far be it from me to expect him to change his spots…..

I would not mind seeing Becca as Bachelorette at all. She’s beautiful, classy, and I have no complaints about her. Especially since I don’t know her personally. Remember – the leads are kept aloof, in many cases in the background. Choosing Becca would clearly send the message that viewers would not have reason to expect another trashy season like Kaitlyn’s.

Of course there will be people who don’t like her, say she’s unattractive, etc. etc. Anyone who does casting knows there is no one about whom everyone likes – you can only minimize the number of haters or play to the audience who finds the person appealing. I’m sure their sponsors realize that playing to the squeaky-clean audience pays higher dividends than playing to a different, tattooed, counter-cultural audience. Unless your brand has a long history with that audience, which this franchise certainly does not.

20. vessel

October 27, 2015 at 10:01 AM

@sue4311it doesn’t matter what Becca is like in real life. If she comes off as flat/monotone/boring on TV then that isn’t someone many people, myself included, would enjoy watching. She just does not have what it takes to carry an entire season of this show. And for the record? I don’t think Trista is a class act, I think she is a overly vocal judgmental as$hole.

21. bugsmeany

October 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM

@vessel Exactly. Becca might be dynamic in real life but she has no screen presence, no charisma. The lead has to be a good talker who can keep everyone engaged. Otherwise you get a bunch of walkouts like Kaitlyn did.

October 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM

@vessel: totally agree. I was wondering how Trista became the Gold Standard for Bachelorettes. I found her highly annoying. I’m still going with Emily for the Gold Standard, even though she proved (after the fact) to be a complete fraud. I’m only speaking about during the show. Though picking Jef Holmo turned out to be a highly regrettable decision.

Also, Becca got very little airtime until the very end on Chris’ season. Basically because there wasn’t anything interesting about her, except that she was a virgin.

I don’t think she’s unattractive & I wouldn’t mind her being The Bachelorette. It’s the producers job to drive story lines and to makeThe Bachelorette seem interesting. I’m sure they’ll figure it out.

October 27, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Bugsmeany: I think Kaitlyn got all the walkouts because of her slutting around with Nick and Alf. I don’t think it was because of her limited personality, though that certainly was another short coming of hers.

24. megan1024

October 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one that noticed that lol. Obviously he sees something in her if she’s made it this far and got the group date rose that night. So I really can’t judge,but to me her demeanor changed. It didn’t sit right with me. I’m just really curious about what they talked about and how she acted when they were on the ferris wheel for awhile. She seems like a really sweet girl, I just really hope she’s not in it for the fame and to just try and be the next bachelorette if she’s not picked in the end. I saw she has 2 kids and a part of me wonders if she’s told Ben yet. And if she hasn’t how he’ll react or be when he does find out. I know in past seasons some one the girls or guys have waited to tell them. I’m just really ready for this season now more than ever since I got to see a date first hand i just want to know how everything plays out… Normally I never.. or at least try not to read spoilers and if I do it’s when the shows actually on. But this season I ‘m like I’m dying to know so I keep checking on here to see whats happened. So this season will probably all be spoiled for me lol…..