Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

Ben’s Final Four, Tentative Hometown Date Schedule, & My Thoughts Going Forward

Ok, so I lied. I’m able to squeeze one more column in before I take off since I was able to confirm yesterday evening that Becca was eliminated at the rose ceremony in Indiana, thus leaving you with a final four of: JoJo Fletcher, Amanda Stanton, Lauren Bushnell, and Caila Quinn. Kinda shocked Becca got eliminated at #5, because once I saw her get to final 6, I just figured she’d made final 4 and get eliminated soon thereafter. But no, Ben sent her home on Monday night at the rose ceremony. Then again, he told her not to show up in the first place so it makes sense. Yes, I understand that there are plenty of you who have contacted me to say you don’t believe that happened. Well, based on what I heard and what I saw, I believe it did. Guess we’ll agree to disagree on that one. With that said, I’m just happy that after today, I don’t have to talk about Becca for another couple months until the show starts. It started to get to be a bit overwhelming continuing to answer the same questions about her, and now that she’s gone, none of it matters. She’s not winning and she’s not gonna be the “Bachelorette.”

You know, I’ll say the same thing about Becca now that I said all throughout Chris’ season. Nice girl, very attractive, likable – and much too normal for this show. She’s not the type of person they cast on this show. She doesn’t fit. She’s not dramatic, she’s not a drinker, not a partier, doesn’t sleep around, etc. Not saying everyone they cast does, I’m just saying, she’s definitely not a Type A personality that they love. I never knew why she did it the first time, and I’ll never understand why she went back again. I mean, I get why she did and what she’ll sell to America, I just don’t buy that she had to go back on. But this show likes casting returnees, Becca obviously made it clear she had an interest in Ben and has a following from last season, it’s going to draw interest to the unspoiled, she gets to promote product on social media, and got another mini vacation. However, judging by Becca’s social media stance last season (and her family’s), she/they obviously cares waaaaaaaaay too much about what the public thinks of her. And all they’re going to do for 2 months while she’s on is probably fight the edit she’s getting. Which goes against going on the show in the first place. But that’s neither here or there. Just something she’s gonna have to deal with.

As for hometowns, this is the tentative schedule I believe the order will go:

Today 10/28: Amanda Stanton (Orange County, CA). Hey, I’m headed there shortly. But Olivia has a volleyball game today that I have to take her to, so looks like me catching Amanda’s date in person isn’t gonna happen. Damn.

Friday 10/30: Caila Quinn (Ohio). Not sure where in Ohio her parents live, but that’s where he hometown will be.

Sunday 11/1: JoJo Fletcher (Dallas, TX). Damn. I leave Dallas for OC today and I’m probably gonna miss Amanda’s hometown, and I’m not back til Monday, so I’m gonna miss JoJo’s here. Crappy timing.

Tuesday 11/3: Lauren Bushnell (Portland, Oregon).

Like I said, it’s tentative at this point, but I’m pretty confident that’s the order they’re shooting in, with the rose ceremony on Wednesday, November 4th in LA somewhere. My tweet Sunday about Becca getting a hometown date on Friday was true to a certain extent in that producers had contacted the family and set up the date and location for their date, but as mentioned in Monday’s column, they contact all families about possible hometowns. Especially down to the final 6. And I was aware that could be the case with Becca as I stated, but from what I gathered, it was pretty solid. So that information ended up being wrong. It had nothing to do with word getting out, and then they got upset and took Becca’s hometown date away and gave it to someone else. They don’t care that much. Becca’s time had come on this show to go home so he sent her home.

Now, as promised, I said I would give you my “prediction” of how I thought it would shake out once the final 4 was established. Granted, I thought Becca would be in the final 4 over Caila so I was wrong there, but that really doesn’t change much. From everything I’ve heard, this season has essentially been over since about halfway through. By all accounts, Ben has been pretty clear about wanting Lauren in the end, so much so that it’s apparently become obvious to the rest of the group, which in turn hasn’t made some real happy. They’ve all kinda seen the writing on the wall from what I hear. I mean, look at what Leah Block wrote on Lauren Russell’s Instagram. Already throwing shade at Ben:

LaurenInsta

You know what’s funny about this? When the show starts, I’m sure there will be numerous ITM’s of Leah telling us how hot she thinks Ben is, what a great guy he is, and possibly how she could see herself as his wife, etc. But the second she gets dumped, she runs to social media and now he’s not attractive. So petty. Someone is still a little pissed off I’d say. Something tells me Leah is not going to handle social media criticism well AT ALL this season. Like will be one of those that retweets all positive things said about her, but will respond to people who don’t like her by citing “it’s just editing,” “you don’t even know me,” etc. I can say it til I’m blue in the face, but they’ll never listen. These contestants have no idea what’s coming to them in January, and they’ll handle it as they see fit. Some better than others, but most of them won’t be able to handle negativity.

So at this point, put Lauren as your final 1, and the rest of the order doesn’t really matter all that much. It would be a MAJOR upset at this point if Ben doesn’t pick Lauren from everything I’m hearing. And since I hear that JoJo is a really good candidate for next “Bachelorette,” I’d say she’s probably gonna finish third. Remember, no “Bachelorette” besides Trista finished 2nd on her season. DeAnna doesn’t count. I’m talking someone who got dumped in the end in favor of someone else. And every “Bachelorette” they’ve chosen in 11 seasons has finished in the top 4 of her “Bachelor” season. So who finishes 2nd and 4th between Caila and Amanda is a coin flip. I’ll go with Caila at this point. So I say Amanda goes home next, JoJo gets eliminated after overnights, with Caila and Lauren as your final 2, and he’ll pick Lauren. Obviously subject to change, but from what I’ve been hearing, he’s been all about Lauren since probably halfway through filming, and everyone can see it. We’ll see how it all plays out.

And finally, since yesterday’s post on the remaining girls, I updated quite a few of their profiles with info and pictures. You can either go to yesterday’s post and see what’s added or go to the Ben’s Girls page in the navigation bar. Was able to add pictures to Jami (she’s friends with Kaitlyn), Tiara, and Amanda. Also, confirmed that Maegan Miller is in fact in the cast, so now your 28 girls are all there. Amanda Kremer’s audition tape is still online and it’s actually pretty funny. (Man, that picture I had of her yesterday was about 7 years old. Looked nothing like what she looks like now). I’m sure this will probably get taken down soon, so check it out as soon as you can:

So there you go. I’m outta here til next Tuesday, but follow me on Twitter as I’ll retweet or post any info/pictures regarding hometown dates happening over the next week. Talk soon.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you next Tuesday.

October 28, 2015 at 7:41 AM

I’m not sure why RS insists that Becca is not a possibility for The Bachelorette. He really didn’t elaborate. I don’t think it’s a hard rule that you have to be in the F4 to be eligible, though I know they’ve tended to go that way in the past.

A good point was made yesterday on the comments that a 3rd time effort from Becca would be unprecedented for a lead. It’s a hard narrative from “it’s Chris” F2 effort, to “it’s Ben” F5 effort, to “I’m The Bachelorette”. Yeah, she looks like a lying hypocrite from the get go. Maybe. Probably. OK, yeah, it’s a problem.

But if people like her enough, perhaps they can suspend reality, as many do every single season, and champions Becca’s “quest for love”.

I still think Becca would be a great counterbalance to the Bunny Ranch version of The Bachelorette that Kaitlyn provided. I still think the show wants to see if that might be a good play. Remember, it’s all about ratings. If the show thinks Becca will give them ratings and erase the nasty stain of last year’s low brow season, and Becca is willing to do it, then they’ll go that direction.

Am I saying they SHOULD do this. No. But you have to admit that having Becca back for a 3rd season as the lead would make for the “most controversial season in Bachelorette history”. J/K! But I think it would be fun. Just think of all the haterade we can toss around. I’m not saying it’s all about me. But hey, just sayin.

2. angelfish

October 28, 2015 at 11:38 AM

I can’t imagine who even likes her that much, except for s few rabid chastity fans. Even Becca’s own FAMILY doesn’t want to see her keep doing this and have been very vocal about that on social media.

And since there would be zero possibility of sex in the fantasy suites, they could just eliminate those overnights altogether. What guy in his right mind would even want to go on that show? Casting would be a nightmare.

You’d actually end up with 30 male versions of Becca. Or another season of Kaitlyn & Shawn. Ok looking, not much education, no real job skills, no future plans and just the burning need to be on TV.

October 28, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Keep in mind that Sean’s season and Emily’s season featured leads that weren’t going to have sex in the fantasy suite. Turns out Emily was a complete fraud, but that’s what everyone thought during the season. And those were two of the better seasons. They’ve played a version of the “virgin game” before, Sean was a “born again virgin (whatever that is)” and Emily was going to be pure so as to not be a bad example to her daughter…. and it has worked. Just sayin! :)

4. thatguy181

October 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM

“I’m not sure why RS insists that Becca is not a possibility for The Bachelorette. He really didn’t elaborate.”

He’s said it numerous times. She’s boring, there’s really no other reason. Her personality is, at best, bland. Just look at all the most recent Bachelorettes, any one of them have more personality in their pinky toe than Becca does.

Good looking girl, but about as boring as watching grass grow.

5. yellowcrayon

October 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Personally, I like the mystery of a newer lead. A former contestant would have to be ridiculously charismatic & charming for me to want them back as lead after 2 stints (such a reality tv contestant probably doesn’t exist lol). And it’s certainly not Becca. No hard feelings, it’s entertainment. And at the end of the day, Becca is going to make money from advertising products on Instagram. Not exactly a devastating outcome. Bring on someone new who will do the same a year from now. Becca has a great life & should move on.

6. vessel

October 28, 2015 at 12:54 PM

I don’t know how much they care about “personality” if the potential lead has an obvious and vocal fan base. Desiree had the personality of a hat rack and yet they still cast her.

Please let Steve be right. I want Becca to just quietly recede into the rear view now.

October 28, 2015 at 1:28 PM

@vessel, you’re right. They’ve had personality challenged leads before many times. Farmer Chris and Dez come to mind. Ben Flatdick was personality challenged plus a real douche. Same for JP Blow. Some might disagree, but I though Ashley came up a little short in the personality department too. There have been others, of course. The key these days is that they have “a following”. And “a following” today means social media followers.

And @yellowcrayon, they ALWAYS (at least recently) pull their leads from the most recent episode. So, they’re always recycled. That’s the formula. The question here is whether they go to the well with Becca to make her a three time loser….. errrrr….. contestant.

Hey, I agree that she’s boring. But she’s built a social media following, which is THE big pre-requisite. They have to be able to translate their show appearance into fans that will tune into their season as a lead. Becca’s social media approach looks, to me, like someone who’s building a fan base. Why? It isn’t that hard to speculate that she wants to be The Bachelorette.

Obviously, we are months away from any decisions. Becca may not want it, another more popular lead possibility might emerge from Ben’s season. The show might decide Becca’s over exposed & not what they want. I just think, right now, Becca’s in the running. I have to admit it’s kind of fun that the prospect of Becca being the lead is so irksome to a lot of people on here. That just means we can have a lot of fun with it commenting should it actually happen.

8. ctrealitygirl

October 28, 2015 at 2:20 PM

If everyone recalls, Steve swore up and down that Juan Pablo would NOT be considered for the Bachelor…and he gave a laundry list of reasons backing up his claim. And we all know how that worked out! I think the producers are just too savvy now and deliberately let things leak to social media to throw us off. Time will tell whether or not Becca really did get ousted before hometowns or whether they’re grooming her for the next Bachelorette. I surely hope Steve’s right this time.

October 28, 2015 at 2:49 PM

ctrealitygirl: good point. JPablo only became the lead because the rest of the possible leads evaporated amongs a lot of mediocre guys. I cannot remember all the reasons, but eventually it was JPablo and, I think, Arie. And they decided that Arie was possibly a bit too slimy & probably didn’t want to reach back to a season more than a year previous.

The point being, of course, if the show has better options than Becca, they definitely will go that direction. Granted, a lot of that is up to the show edit and the way things are spun on WTA. If they want to prop someone up for the role (whether it’s Becca or someone else), that’s certainly within their power. We’ll see, I guess.

10. cjscjs711

October 28, 2015 at 6:29 PM

@rob22 was it JPablo or Arie also? I know it was Farmer Chris vs Arie.

I think it’s really hard to speculate logically who might be Bachelorette at this stage. If you remember at the beginning of Chris’s season it looked like the franchise was totally grooming Britt to be Bachelorette – which they could have continued to do with editing geared toward that end, no matter what she did on the set, IF she was who they really wanted. By majority. If they all agreed who it should be, which obviously they didn’t. Harrison SAYS it was “Bachelor Nation” who was split but more likely it was the Franchise that was split. -Remember how for a long time RS calculated that Britt would be the Bachelorette and discounted Kaitlyn for a long time, including right from night one?

Wouldn’t trouble me in the least if it were Becca. But then I haven’t seen the others. Wish Amanda Kremer had been kept on longer. Hilarious video!!! Love her deadpan crazy humor!

11. linds

October 29, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Woo hoo I got it right! A few posts back I said I thought Lauren was the final girl based off of photos and process of elimination. Haha!

12. kimmyfromdablock

October 30, 2015 at 8:49 AM

Amanda’s video is hilarious. I do not see Ben being able to be with a woman like that….she needs someone older and a little more sophisticated. Ben seems sweet, but young and frat boy-esque.

13. jaimelyn

November 1, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Ben had a date at McDonalds before he went to the Carvinal. ABC rented out McDonalds on Jalynn St and it was shut down for about 5 hours Sunday night before the carnival so he could have a date there. I guess not only did he have a date but they spent time in the kitchen making sandwiches and taking orders for the other families that were invited to be “customers” that night. I work there are we spent a few weeks cleaning the store getting ready for this “date”.

14. kmannone723

November 2, 2015 at 8:55 PM

It might be interesting since Kaitlyn’s season was so sexual perhaps going less sexy and Becca might be a good change to bring back some of the people that were haters of last season in with someone more pure. Last season you had the 2 bachelorette twist and you lost first the britt likers and then when kaitlyn let nick viall on the show she lost a lot of her positive followers and had to deal with cyber bullying for having sex with Nick before fantasy suites. Ben F only lost his followers in the end when he chose Courtney. Or if they want to venture out a little bit maybe choose Whitney B perhaps give her a chance to find love or even Britt give her a legitimate season on her own.

15. serapa