Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

“Bachelor” Ben Episode-by-Episode Spoilers

Before I get started with the spoilers, I just want to be as clear as possible about this. There is not a media site out there that has gone or is going on record before today and saying, “This is what happens this season” and lays out what happens in every single episode. Not E! Online, not RadarOnline, not TMZ, not US Weekly, not, not In Touch, not OK! Magazine, not Life & Style, not PopSugar, not Buzzfeed, not Perez Hilton, not, not, not Yahoo!, not RumorFix, not Hollywood Life, not Gawker, not The Daily Mail, etc. Name any major outlet and those sites aren’t even talking about the show right now, let alone spoiling it. Some of the sites just named are ones that once the season starts, will claim “exclusives” that they broke this, and they broke that, and will report stuff in January/February that you knew about on November 24th because you read it here. If you’ve followed along since filming started, you’ll know how much has already been reported. As much as there’s been, there’s been even more that people aren’t aware of based on all the wrong guesses in the last few days. A LOT to cover in 11 episodes. So I will ask like I do every season, when you eventually do post spoilers, credit the site that posted them 6 weeks before the show started. Thanks. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your spoilers.

Few quick things:

-All 28 girls they start with this season you can view here. Everyone on this season was confirmed by Oct. 27th.
-The date of airing I have next to each episode is done chronologically. Knowing it starts Jan. 4th, I just put it every Monday from then until March 14th. The last few “Bachelor” seasons they’ve doubled up on Sun/Mon or even Mon/Tues with back-to-back episodes at some point during the season. If/when they decide to do that, I’ll change the dates on the episode. However, it was revealed this morning that the spring edition of DWTS will premiere March 21st, even furthering the case that the “Bachelor” will air every Monday from Jan. 4th on and conclude March 14th, with no back-to-back episodes needed this season.
-As for any show airing similar to “After Paradise,” it sounds like they want to do it, I’ve heard they’re going to do it, but I just don’t know on what day. And I don’t think it’ll be every week either. Maybe they’ll start it closer to the end of the season. If/when they announce that, I’ll be sure to let you know. UPDATE: It will called “Bachelor Live,” and it will air every Monday in January after the 2 hour show.
-Those of you that have been following this site daily since the start of filming on Sept. 24th, a lot of pictures and tweets in these spoilers will look familiar to you. But because there are plenty of you who are checking in today for the first time since “Bachelor in Paradise” ended, you’ll see that throughout the spoilers there are links and references to when stuff was spoiled in real time on this site.

Episode 1: (Airing Jan. 4th) Los Angeles, CA (28 to 21)

As you know, ever since Emily’s season, I’ve been able to watch the first episode online before it airs. It’s released to the media so they can write their reviews, but lets not think I’m actually one of those media members they want seeing it. I just have my way around that and have since Emily’s season. It hasn’t been released yet (usually it’s not til about a week before the premiere), so when I finally get to see the episode, this episode 1 portion will include a full spoiler recap of what you’ll see in the episode. From order shown of getting out of the limos, to who got intro video packages, to everything that goes down at the rose ceremony. Until then, these are the spoilers I can give you about the first night of filming.

As for limo entrances, here are some that you can expect:

-Maegan Miller brings her pony, and the pony stays at the cocktail party all night.
-Breanne Rice gives Ben a breadbasket.
-JoJo Fletcher wears a unicorn head which she eventually takes off.
-Lauren Russell tells him that she’s been stalking him on social media for 2 months (we saw this on the promo that aired during the AMA’s)
-Leah Block comes out of the limo and throws a football with Ben.
-Mandi Kremer wears a headband with a giant rose on it in her entrance. Says if Ben is lucky “maybe you can pollinate it later,” basically turning into this season’s Kaitlyn when she mentioned to Chris he could plow her field. This was shown on the promo that aired last night during DWTS:

-Lauren Himle brought a bouquet from a wedding, because Ben had mentioned that he caught the garter at a recent one he attended.
-Jackie Dion gave him a “save the date” card for their future wedding. Oh Jackie. How’d that work out for you?
-Isabel Goodkind wore a pajama onesie all night. No. Just, no.
-Lace kissed him during their introduction, which basically started laying the groundwork for her edit this season.
-Olivia Caridi gets first impression rose at the cocktail party.

During the cocktail party, Mandi (being a dentist) ended up giving Ben a check up. Laid him down and everything. And even kissed him as well. Mandi will be the crazy/comedic relief for the three episodes she’s on. You all saw her audition video, right? This is basically her humor on the show:

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Breanne Rice, Tiara Soleim, Meagan Miller, Lauren Russell, Isabel Goodkind, Laura Esselman, and Jessica Moser.

Lauren Russell actually came back after not receiving a rose, I guess she thought she deserved one…and Ben still said no. Womp woooooooomp.

Here are the 21 girls remaining after Episode 1 and a word association game from what I’ve heard about each one this season:

Jami Letain – “funny,” “this season’s comedian”
Rachel Tchen – “happy,” “always smiling”
Jen Saviano – “quiet,” “pretty”
Lauren Bushnell – “confident,” “beautiful”
Mandi Kremer – “sarcastic,” “strange”
Lace Morris – “bitchy,” “hot mess”
Amber James – “quirky”
Becca Tilley – “sweet,” “well liked”
Olivia Caridi – “socially awkward,” “oblivious”
Sam Passmore – “friendly,” “nice”
Lauren Himle – “genuine,” “funny”
Emily Ferguson – “innocent,” “blunt”
Haley Ferguson – “the quieter of the twins”
Jubilee Sharpe – “interesting,” “worldly”
Leah Block – “loud,” “opinionated”
Caila Quinn – “Disney princess,” “weird,” “constantly on for the cameras”
Lauren Barr “LB” – “quiet,” “overwhelmed”
Amanda Stanton – “sweet,” “genuine”
JoJo Fletcher – “sexy,” “outgoing”
Jackie Dion – “sweet,” “innocent”
Shushanna Mkrtychyan – “foreign”

November 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Good recap. There were times, in the past, when I think RS has been lazy about his approach to certain seasons, but I think he nails it this time. Lots of documented pics and tweets to back everything up. Time will tell, but even as things have been coming out over the past several weeks, it seems like RS has been on his game this time around. Being first, in this everything now, Social Media world is not easy. So, kudos to RS.

2. lauren1969

November 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Great work again, Steve. Thank you!
    I can’t help but wonder if Britt’s chances of being ‘The Bachelorette’ will increase with two not exactly perfect candidates in Amanda and Caila. Never have I seen the girl with a bitchy-“ish” edit move into that slot, and Emily’s ‘sweetheart with a child’ persona was too recent to give Amanda a strong chance. Maybe they will go back to #2 and film ATFR differently (Lindzi was never on in Ben’s ATFR) or give it to Britt. I think she has a decent fan base after Kaitlyn’s season.

3. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Here’s what I read:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…….

Here’s your final four

JoJo vs. Lauren

Lauren and Ben are engaged

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

I would love to know how many readers actually read all of Steve’s words and how many just skim to the good part.

Regardless, thanks Steve!!

4. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:55 AM

….just reading the above comment. No way will Britt come back as Bachelorette. No chance.

5. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I actually read everything that Steve writes.

And I agree, Kimmy that Britt won’t come back. She has a real life she’s been living out of the media, while the desperate famewhores like Becca continue to shove their face into any camera available.

And Caila’s edit may make her “America’s Darling”. We have no idea how they want her to come off to te audience. Because It doesn’t matter what a person is really like, it only matters how they are filmed and edited. Negative comments afterwards from people that actually know them can be written off as sour grapes.

6. kmannone723

November 24, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I’m still thinking Becca might have a slight chance for bachelorette to help the show regain some of the lost fans due to Kaitlyn’s raunchiness.

7. bunnybuns

November 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

To Kimmyfromdablock…yes, I do read every word that RealitySteve writes. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of visiting his site! I think it’s rude what you said and if you don’t like reading his written word, then don’t visit the site. But, don’t one is forcing you to visit RealitySteve.

To RealitySteve…thank you for taking the time to be so committed to getting us the most up-to-date information! You make watching reality television fun. And, I love your sense of humor! Now go take a break from this, have fun and we look forward to a fun Bachelor Season!

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

@kimmy: haha…. yeah, it’s hard to read long posts. Get to the good stuff. Steve acts sometimes like he gets paid by the word.

I would like Britt at The Bachelorette, but I agree that ship has sailed.

I like the idea of Becca in that she’s a known quantity and, as a 3 time contestant, would be essentially cannon fodder for all of us. But putting someone with her show background as The Bachelorette is unprecedented. As RS points out, they have a formula that works and they’re unlikely to deviate from it. But…. to the original point…. if the other girls really don’t dazzle & they’re left with a Juan Pablo-ish option(s), then who knows. Anything can happen. It’s hard to tell from the 30,000 foot level that we’re currently at for this season. Surely some favorites will surface. But I’m concerned that this season will be dull. If so, the most interesting topic might be “Will Becca be The Bachelorette?”

9. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

No way Becca will be The Bachelorette. She’s old news, overexposed, dull and could never carry a season. Plus, her equally boring family would kill her if she tried it a 3rd time. That just reeks of needy desperation, not romance.

10. jest002

November 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Ben looks handsome as heck in the one promo I’ve seen. And Lauren B seems a great match for him..

Olivia described as socially awkward & oblivious made me laugh. For some reason, I might like her. We’ll see. If she’s the drama, I can’t wait to see what they’ll use in the extended promo.

I’m guessing plenty will go at her for the teen mom comment.. and that could be the sympathy push Amanda needs to be the next lead… aaand.. I can’t say I’d find that exciting, but who knows.

I’m still against returnees from Chris’s season for lead. Unless it’s Samantha :p With her spellbinding pull over men, we might have ourselves a fun season. Nah, even then I’m done with that season.

LOL, Mandi. Another kooky dentist.

And just as I was warming up to the idea of Jojo being Bachelorette, I hear she’s F2. Bummer that production didn’t keep Jen Saviano around long enough to be in the running.

11. mush

November 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I’m betting the next bachelorette will be number 2 JoJo. The show likes to make big changes every now and then.

12. nora j

November 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I know it’s been awhile, but back when Chantal was #2, the producers really wanted her to be The Bachelorette…seems like the only reason she wasn’t chosen was because she got into a serious relationship. I guess the schedule was different back then? Ben F. was The Bachelor as well after being #2. I just think if they really want someone and they are F2 it’s not impossible.

November 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM

I agree that having the F2 is not impossible. Emily was the F1 as was Jen Scheft back in the day (albeit not from the immediately prior season. However, in today’s Social Media driven world, it seems that they like to pick the current contestants who pick up the most Social Media supporters.

The argument against the F2 being The Bachelorette is (1) Schedule and (2) Bad optics. I love Ben, errrr…. I’m ready to look for love everywhere is a challenging story to tell. But I don’t think either one of those is really the reason the F2 isn’t chosen.

It’s more around a comfort level with the Producers, especially MF. They’ve been doing it successfully choosing F3+’s for a few years and it’s worked. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I believe that’s the mentality you’re dealing with more than any real challenges in selecting the F2. People don’t change easily, especially when ratings are good, the money is good, etc. People tend to play “Prevent Defense” at that point. They don’t take chances when they keep getting their bank accounts filled with every successful season. They fear that if they took a chance and it failed, it would be the end. So they don’t take any chances, play it safe and keep doing what they’ve been doing. That’s human nature.

14. bugsmeany

November 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Emily had a full year to go from F1 to Bachelorette, and Ben F. had several months to go from F2 to Bachelor. Steve’s right, the odds are against JoJo big-time.

15. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Impossible to know how the show is going to edit Caila. WE know how she came off to the other girls, based on behind-the-scenes gossip that we read on spoiler sites. But most of the viewing audience in January will see exactly what the producers want seen. And that could be Caila as “America’s Darling”.

Every season they show us what they want us to see, not necessarily what is real. We all KNOW that and nothing will change it.

November 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM

@angelfish: I was thinking the same thing. As F3, she’d be the first in line for The Bachelorette. However, that’s the far sighted view. As the villain, who (OMG!) Ben might pick is just too good a story line. They’ll have to go with it and drive ratings with it. That would likely make Caila radioactive for any future appearances… like Courtney.

They could try to re-boot her at the WTA, or something. But my belief is that they’ll need to look at the F4+. Which starts to bring Becca into the picture. :) Hey, just sayin!

17. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM

If Becca would be considered, then why not Emily? They could do some interesting things with Em 2.0. She doesn’t look 65 years old like Becca does, she lives in a cool place like Vegas, and she has twin Hailey to play Greek chorus and advise her.

They didn’t give Nick the lead after 2 fails as a contestant and he actually brought SEX both times. The network can’t possibly think a beige like Becca would bring anything. They’ll have enough with Ben this round.

18. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Funny Kimmyfromdablock
    My thoughts exactly! No disrespect to RS but he can reiterate like the best of them!
    Sometimes it is just too much just making it seem so silly! I give RS loads of credit for being so on point season after season! Being wrong @ times happens to everyone so never bothered me. The tv world is forever editing so it happens . I don’t see the reason why RS defends himself so much. He’s proven himself consistently.
    I just can’t read it all! Sorry RS!
    Just get lost in repetitive sentences that end up in paragraphs.
    As I am ranting now!
    Kudos RS!
    Never doubt you

19. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Sorry @bunnybuns
    I just said similar but not meaning total disregard to his hard work! He can ramble about same thing.
    Also, this is the ONLY site to come for this so technically some may come to just spoiler. Many just click to see who was chosen VS every detail. No disrespect to Steve but some just too busy.

20. ignxrami

November 26, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Possible theories for the Bachelorette:
    Becca – she is well-liked by fans and presumably crew. Who cares if she’s a virgin. Sean was a “born again” virgin and that didn’t stop them from casting him. I’m sure she’s not going to be a prude and not make out with anyone. I think the only thing working against her is the fact that she’s already been on 2 back to back seasons of The Bachelor and people might be sick of seeing her.

Amanda – if everyone likes her I don’t know why they wouldn’t cast her just because she is a single mother. Although they have never cast someone with 2 kids (it’s like 1 is their limit) so I’m not sure.

Caila – someone said this and I agree: we don’t know until it happens how the edit is going to go. Viewers might love her.

21. adrie

December 1, 2015 at 3:18 AM

If F2 is well received and more likeable than the others in the final four, I don’t see why the producers shouldn’t go for it. I realise the formula for F3 has worked previously but I think there would be those who would argue Kaitlyn didn’t work as the Bachelorette – she was awful (I know the ratings were good blah blah). Becca is so beige and boring please no. Just no. Thanks for a good summary RS!

December 1, 2015 at 7:50 AM

As I understand it, the F2 would not work because of timing. In some seasons, I believe, they’ve announced the next Bachelorette at the ATFR… or shortly thereafter. So, that would force the show to quickly transition from a sobbing F2, to a bubbly happy Bachelorette. It strains credibility. Also, there is a certain amount of prep involved. Contracts to sign, personal trainers to see, promos to shoot, etc. Logistically, that would be tough to do in such a condensed time frame.

If things get really desperate, they could do anything. But they prefer not to have the F2, let’s say it that way. It’s easier if they don’t.

I do think it would be fun if the F2 automatically became the Bachelorette. That would make for some interesting episodes as the ladies look to tank their relationship with the lead as they vie for the Bachelorette pay day & extension of their 15 minutes. It would be kind of like professional sports teams that try to lose towards the end to get a better draft slot. That would make for some hysterics, for sure.

23. bugsmeany

December 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM

But is the F2 *always* devastated, still hung up on TB, not ready and not able to move on? Maybe they won’t force that storyline at ATFR.

December 1, 2015 at 9:34 AM

@bugmeany: granted, most times they’ve moved on once they’re outside the bubble. By the time the show airs, they’re back living life. But the program really wants a devastated, rejected F2 for a better story. Unless Ben gets portrayed as a total tool (unlikely) then they’ll want the F2 to be in tears at ATFR, even if it’s just for show…. and they want to leave the possibility of another “Meznick” hanging out there. So, that does make it harder, but not impossible.

25. serapa

December 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Based on looks alone…Amanda…they don’t care about whether or not she has kids and finds love…they just need a good story.

26. kacyhswan

December 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Steve- I must say I am addicted to your Bachelor updates/bios/spoilers EVERYTHING. I am always wondering how you are able to get so many juicy details 😉
    With that being said, I wish you didn’t give so much attention to the haters in your articles. Sometimes, multiple paragraphs in your articles are going on and on about how you don’t care if people believe you or not or they will see soon enough you are right or you have been wrong before but not this time, etc. Who cares about them??? There are tons of people who enjoy what you write and screw the ones who don’t. I wish the extra space in your articles would be more info or other thoughts, instead of addressing negative people and comments so much. You have tons of supporters and you are good at what you do- believe that and run with it! :)

27. kecabe21

January 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM

So my bet on the next bachelorette is definitely Becca (unless she Kacie Boguskie’s herself and gets annoying at some point this season.

For starters she finished 2nd in a prior season so it’s not like the audience doesn’t know her and based on last week’s Bachelor Live she’s an early fan favorite.

Also – Last season Britt finished 6th and yes the guys picked Kaitlyn but the show brought Britt on too. With Becca finishing 5th this season (and 2nd in a prior season) unless she becomes annoying I just don’t see it being an issue.

Caila and Amanda both feel like the wrong fit to hold their own as a Bachelorette.

28. k2reality

January 12, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Thanks RS. Love the spoilers. But I’m also the one who reads the 1st Chapter and then the last and then back to finish the book 😉 I watched the first epi on demand and looked up your website for the spoilers. I couldn’t remember who Lauren B was, so I went to the ABC website to look her up. I noticed that under her name it says Character whereas everyone else says Contestant? Do you think that is a “clue”?

29. yesyes

January 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

So is there any chance that Jubilee is the next bachelorette? I liked her until she started being insecure, but it seems all the girls have been noticeably insecure this season.

30. frodolives

January 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

I personally think Becca is likable enough to be a Bachelorette, but she may be too overplayed and I guess people are already getting sick of her. I really like Caila, but Steve has a point in that it all depends on her edit this season if America can get behind her. I think Amanda is incredibly, unbelievably boring and if she’s the next Bachelorette I don’t even know if I can see myself watching the show. But maybe watching more of her this season will change that opinion? All I know is, the “single mom trying to find love again” story line is overdone in this franchise. Right now my vote would be for Caila. Or JoJo, but Steve has a point in saying it probably can’t be her due to scheduling. So Caila it is.

31. kimmie1976

February 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM

They are saying the next Bachelorette is going to be all about diversity so I’m predicting it’s going to be Jubilee.