Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

“Bachelor” Ben Episode-by-Episode Spoilers

Episode 5: (Airing Feb. 1st) Mexico City, Mexico (11 to 9)

1-on-1: Amanda Stanton. Hot air balloon ride. Amanda got a rose.

Group date: 9 girls were: Emily, Becca, JoJo, Leah, Jen, Olivia, Jubilee, Lauren B., and Caila. They went to “school,” had to learn Spanish phrases, then had to walk around town asking the locals where restaurant they were supposed to meet Ben was with the phrases they learned. They also had a food list where they had to go to the market and buy food for later on that night. Everyone had to pair up, but since there was an odd number of girls, one of them got to pair up with Ben and it was Olivia because, well, Olivia. They all had to cook a dish together. Lauren B & Jubilee “won” with the best dish. The after party was at a hotel, and Ben ended up letting Jubiliee go. Olivia ends up getting the group date rose.

1-on-1: Lauren Himle. They participated in a fashion show that was spoiled on social media that day. Lauren got a rose.

It was during this rose ceremony cocktail party, that Olivia made a reference to Amanda being “Teen Mom” and this will be the drama this episode. Olivia apparently just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with things she said and did. This was one of those examples. Not to mention we’re 5 episodes in now, and the first impression rose girl has yet to get a 1-on-1. She wasn’t happy about that.

Rose Ceremony Elimination: Jen Saviano. Jubilee Sharpe eliminated during the group date.

Episode 6: (Airing Feb. 8th): Bahamas (9 to 6)

Info for who was headed to the Bahamas and all the girls identified while there was posted on Oct. 19th.

Tweet at airport leaving Mexico City for Bahamas:

In the picture, Ben is talking with producer Adam Mansfield. In between them is Caila Quinn. The girl with her hand to her mouth is JoJo Fletcher. Next to JoJo is Lauren Himle. The girl closest to us in the jean jacket is Amanda Stanton. The blonde that Amanda is talking to is Lauren Bushnell.

Group picture: BahamaGroup

From left to right: Caila Quinn, Leah Block, Olivia Caridi, Becca Tilley, JoJo Fletcher, Lauren Bushnell, Amanda Stanton, Lauren Himle, Emily Ferguson.

1-on-1: Caila Quinn. They went deep sea fishing. Caila got a rose.

Group date: 6 girls on the date: Lauren B., Leah, Amanda, Becca, JoJo, Lauren H and they went swimming with the pigs. At the Exuma Grand Isle Resort & Spa, that is the thing to do. Amanda got the group date rose.

2-on-1: Olivia Caridi and Emily Ferguson. They took a boat out to a private island and each girl got their time with him. Emily got the rose. Olivia was sent home.

After he came back from his 2-on-1 date, Leah went and talked to him. Apparently she wasn’t happy since she was the only one at this point who hadn’t had a 1-on-1, while Caila’s had two. Ben ended up sending her home. He then cancelled the cocktail party that night. Guess his mind was already made up.

Rose Ceremony Elimination: Lauren Himle. Olivia Caridi already eliminated on the 2-on-1. Leah Block eliminated after the 2-on-1 date.

Episode 7: (Airing Feb. 15th) Warsaw, IN (6 to 4)

I revealed the final 6 on Oct. 22nd, two days after the rose ceremony in the Bahamas. Then I posted a recap of recap of Indiana dates all the dates in Indiana on Oct. 26th, the Monday of the rose ceremony.

1-on-1: Lauren Bushnell. They went to the Baker’s Youth Center where Ben used to work, and met up with some of his friends, along with some Indiana Pacers. Then later went to a bar, Rex’s Rendezvous.

Here were pics I tweeted that day of them outside the Youth Center:

During the day, Ben and Lauren visited the Baker Youth Club where Ben used to work, and they met up with some of his friends. Also in attendance were Indiana Pacers Paul George and George Hill, along with head coach Frank Vogel. Once they were inside Rex’s later that night, people already inside were not allowed to post pictures, hence the reason the only thing on social media was pics of them entering and leaving. But inside, they also met up with some friends of Ben that night as well. And I was able to get a hold of this picture from inside:

1-on-1: JoJo Fletcher. He took her to Wrigley Field where they played baseball.

Group date: Becca, Amanda, and Caila. Amanda got the group date rose. Once she got the rose, Ben and Amanda went to McDonald’s where they filmed a commercial. McDonald’s was the one who was in charge of setting up the carnival for them. Here were some pics that night of them at McDonald’s, although you can’t really see them:

Then their appearance at the carnival was the most spoiled date of the season on social media. Tons of pictures from that night:

Video of Ben and Amanda kissing:

On the day of the rose ceremony, Ben took Emily to meet his parents. It was after meeting them that Ben decided to let Emily go.

Rose Ceremony Elimination: Becca Tilley. Emily eliminated earlier in the day.

As for all the teasers I gave out in either my column or on Twitter, here are all your answers in bold that were just in the spoilers, but more of a “Cliff Notes” version in case you didn’t read word-for-word:

-There is a movie promotion tie-in this season for one of the dates: “Ride Along 2”
-A couple of world famous athletes were part of a date: Alex Morgan & Kelly O’Hara from the US Women’s National Soccer Team
-A couple of repeat dates that we’ve seen from previous seasons – one a group date and another a 1-on-1: Group date – soccer (Juan Pablo’s), 1-on-1 – hot air balloon (Chris’)
-The Vegas group date, each girl had to perform a “talent.” One was declared a “winner” by the crowd. That girl did not end up getting the group date rose: Lauren H. voted winner by the crowd, Lauren B. got the group date rose.
-At least 4 people were eliminated or left before a rose ceremony took place (make that 5): (Not including the 2-on-1 date since that’s a given) Lace, Haley, Jubilee, Leah, and Emily.
-A parent was involved at some point this season (not referring to Ben’s): Emily & Haley’s mom
-Chris Harrison “planned” one of the dates this season: The first 1-on-1 of the season
-There is a 2-on-1 this season, but unlike last season went Chris booted Kelsey and Ashley I., Ben does keep one over the other: Olivia and Emily. He kept Emily
-Somebody got two group date roses: (Actually, I miscounted when I posted before. Two girls actually did) Olivia & Amanda
-Who “won” the first group date of the season? Mandi
-Who “won” the second group date? Olivia
-What does Teen Mom have to do w this season? Olivia referenced Amanda being similar to “Teen Mom” in Mexico City. This will no doubt be a storyline
-What’d Ben & Amanda do b4 the carnival? Filmed a McDonald’s commercial
-Who’s the “crazy” one? Mandi
-The “I’m not here to make friends” girl? Olivia
-What happened 2 the twins? It wasn’t a 2-on-1 date, but in Vegas (since that’s where they live), on the day of the rose ceremony, Ben took both girls out and they ended up back at their mom’s place. Ben let Haley go and she stayed there while he kept Emily and she came back and joined the group

November 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Good recap. There were times, in the past, when I think RS has been lazy about his approach to certain seasons, but I think he nails it this time. Lots of documented pics and tweets to back everything up. Time will tell, but even as things have been coming out over the past several weeks, it seems like RS has been on his game this time around. Being first, in this everything now, Social Media world is not easy. So, kudos to RS.

2. lauren1969

November 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Great work again, Steve. Thank you!
    I can’t help but wonder if Britt’s chances of being ‘The Bachelorette’ will increase with two not exactly perfect candidates in Amanda and Caila. Never have I seen the girl with a bitchy-“ish” edit move into that slot, and Emily’s ‘sweetheart with a child’ persona was too recent to give Amanda a strong chance. Maybe they will go back to #2 and film ATFR differently (Lindzi was never on in Ben’s ATFR) or give it to Britt. I think she has a decent fan base after Kaitlyn’s season.

3. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Here’s what I read:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…….

Here’s your final four

JoJo vs. Lauren

Lauren and Ben are engaged

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

I would love to know how many readers actually read all of Steve’s words and how many just skim to the good part.

Regardless, thanks Steve!!

4. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:55 AM

….just reading the above comment. No way will Britt come back as Bachelorette. No chance.

5. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I actually read everything that Steve writes.

And I agree, Kimmy that Britt won’t come back. She has a real life she’s been living out of the media, while the desperate famewhores like Becca continue to shove their face into any camera available.

And Caila’s edit may make her “America’s Darling”. We have no idea how they want her to come off to te audience. Because It doesn’t matter what a person is really like, it only matters how they are filmed and edited. Negative comments afterwards from people that actually know them can be written off as sour grapes.

6. kmannone723

November 24, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I’m still thinking Becca might have a slight chance for bachelorette to help the show regain some of the lost fans due to Kaitlyn’s raunchiness.

7. bunnybuns

November 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

To Kimmyfromdablock…yes, I do read every word that RealitySteve writes. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of visiting his site! I think it’s rude what you said and if you don’t like reading his written word, then don’t visit the site. But, don’t one is forcing you to visit RealitySteve.

To RealitySteve…thank you for taking the time to be so committed to getting us the most up-to-date information! You make watching reality television fun. And, I love your sense of humor! Now go take a break from this, have fun and we look forward to a fun Bachelor Season!

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

@kimmy: haha…. yeah, it’s hard to read long posts. Get to the good stuff. Steve acts sometimes like he gets paid by the word.

I would like Britt at The Bachelorette, but I agree that ship has sailed.

I like the idea of Becca in that she’s a known quantity and, as a 3 time contestant, would be essentially cannon fodder for all of us. But putting someone with her show background as The Bachelorette is unprecedented. As RS points out, they have a formula that works and they’re unlikely to deviate from it. But…. to the original point…. if the other girls really don’t dazzle & they’re left with a Juan Pablo-ish option(s), then who knows. Anything can happen. It’s hard to tell from the 30,000 foot level that we’re currently at for this season. Surely some favorites will surface. But I’m concerned that this season will be dull. If so, the most interesting topic might be “Will Becca be The Bachelorette?”

9. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

No way Becca will be The Bachelorette. She’s old news, overexposed, dull and could never carry a season. Plus, her equally boring family would kill her if she tried it a 3rd time. That just reeks of needy desperation, not romance.

10. jest002

November 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Ben looks handsome as heck in the one promo I’ve seen. And Lauren B seems a great match for him..

Olivia described as socially awkward & oblivious made me laugh. For some reason, I might like her. We’ll see. If she’s the drama, I can’t wait to see what they’ll use in the extended promo.

I’m guessing plenty will go at her for the teen mom comment.. and that could be the sympathy push Amanda needs to be the next lead… aaand.. I can’t say I’d find that exciting, but who knows.

I’m still against returnees from Chris’s season for lead. Unless it’s Samantha :p With her spellbinding pull over men, we might have ourselves a fun season. Nah, even then I’m done with that season.

LOL, Mandi. Another kooky dentist.

And just as I was warming up to the idea of Jojo being Bachelorette, I hear she’s F2. Bummer that production didn’t keep Jen Saviano around long enough to be in the running.

11. mush

November 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I’m betting the next bachelorette will be number 2 JoJo. The show likes to make big changes every now and then.

12. nora j

November 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I know it’s been awhile, but back when Chantal was #2, the producers really wanted her to be The Bachelorette…seems like the only reason she wasn’t chosen was because she got into a serious relationship. I guess the schedule was different back then? Ben F. was The Bachelor as well after being #2. I just think if they really want someone and they are F2 it’s not impossible.

November 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM

I agree that having the F2 is not impossible. Emily was the F1 as was Jen Scheft back in the day (albeit not from the immediately prior season. However, in today’s Social Media driven world, it seems that they like to pick the current contestants who pick up the most Social Media supporters.

The argument against the F2 being The Bachelorette is (1) Schedule and (2) Bad optics. I love Ben, errrr…. I’m ready to look for love everywhere is a challenging story to tell. But I don’t think either one of those is really the reason the F2 isn’t chosen.

It’s more around a comfort level with the Producers, especially MF. They’ve been doing it successfully choosing F3+’s for a few years and it’s worked. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I believe that’s the mentality you’re dealing with more than any real challenges in selecting the F2. People don’t change easily, especially when ratings are good, the money is good, etc. People tend to play “Prevent Defense” at that point. They don’t take chances when they keep getting their bank accounts filled with every successful season. They fear that if they took a chance and it failed, it would be the end. So they don’t take any chances, play it safe and keep doing what they’ve been doing. That’s human nature.

14. bugsmeany

November 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Emily had a full year to go from F1 to Bachelorette, and Ben F. had several months to go from F2 to Bachelor. Steve’s right, the odds are against JoJo big-time.

15. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Impossible to know how the show is going to edit Caila. WE know how she came off to the other girls, based on behind-the-scenes gossip that we read on spoiler sites. But most of the viewing audience in January will see exactly what the producers want seen. And that could be Caila as “America’s Darling”.

Every season they show us what they want us to see, not necessarily what is real. We all KNOW that and nothing will change it.

November 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM

@angelfish: I was thinking the same thing. As F3, she’d be the first in line for The Bachelorette. However, that’s the far sighted view. As the villain, who (OMG!) Ben might pick is just too good a story line. They’ll have to go with it and drive ratings with it. That would likely make Caila radioactive for any future appearances… like Courtney.

They could try to re-boot her at the WTA, or something. But my belief is that they’ll need to look at the F4+. Which starts to bring Becca into the picture. :) Hey, just sayin!

17. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM

If Becca would be considered, then why not Emily? They could do some interesting things with Em 2.0. She doesn’t look 65 years old like Becca does, she lives in a cool place like Vegas, and she has twin Hailey to play Greek chorus and advise her.

They didn’t give Nick the lead after 2 fails as a contestant and he actually brought SEX both times. The network can’t possibly think a beige like Becca would bring anything. They’ll have enough with Ben this round.

18. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Funny Kimmyfromdablock
    My thoughts exactly! No disrespect to RS but he can reiterate like the best of them!
    Sometimes it is just too much just making it seem so silly! I give RS loads of credit for being so on point season after season! Being wrong @ times happens to everyone so never bothered me. The tv world is forever editing so it happens . I don’t see the reason why RS defends himself so much. He’s proven himself consistently.
    I just can’t read it all! Sorry RS!
    Just get lost in repetitive sentences that end up in paragraphs.
    As I am ranting now!
    Kudos RS!
    Never doubt you

19. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Sorry @bunnybuns
    I just said similar but not meaning total disregard to his hard work! He can ramble about same thing.
    Also, this is the ONLY site to come for this so technically some may come to just spoiler. Many just click to see who was chosen VS every detail. No disrespect to Steve but some just too busy.

20. ignxrami

November 26, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Possible theories for the Bachelorette:
    Becca – she is well-liked by fans and presumably crew. Who cares if she’s a virgin. Sean was a “born again” virgin and that didn’t stop them from casting him. I’m sure she’s not going to be a prude and not make out with anyone. I think the only thing working against her is the fact that she’s already been on 2 back to back seasons of The Bachelor and people might be sick of seeing her.

Amanda – if everyone likes her I don’t know why they wouldn’t cast her just because she is a single mother. Although they have never cast someone with 2 kids (it’s like 1 is their limit) so I’m not sure.

Caila – someone said this and I agree: we don’t know until it happens how the edit is going to go. Viewers might love her.

21. adrie

December 1, 2015 at 3:18 AM

If F2 is well received and more likeable than the others in the final four, I don’t see why the producers shouldn’t go for it. I realise the formula for F3 has worked previously but I think there would be those who would argue Kaitlyn didn’t work as the Bachelorette – she was awful (I know the ratings were good blah blah). Becca is so beige and boring please no. Just no. Thanks for a good summary RS!

December 1, 2015 at 7:50 AM

As I understand it, the F2 would not work because of timing. In some seasons, I believe, they’ve announced the next Bachelorette at the ATFR… or shortly thereafter. So, that would force the show to quickly transition from a sobbing F2, to a bubbly happy Bachelorette. It strains credibility. Also, there is a certain amount of prep involved. Contracts to sign, personal trainers to see, promos to shoot, etc. Logistically, that would be tough to do in such a condensed time frame.

If things get really desperate, they could do anything. But they prefer not to have the F2, let’s say it that way. It’s easier if they don’t.

I do think it would be fun if the F2 automatically became the Bachelorette. That would make for some interesting episodes as the ladies look to tank their relationship with the lead as they vie for the Bachelorette pay day & extension of their 15 minutes. It would be kind of like professional sports teams that try to lose towards the end to get a better draft slot. That would make for some hysterics, for sure.

23. bugsmeany

December 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM

But is the F2 *always* devastated, still hung up on TB, not ready and not able to move on? Maybe they won’t force that storyline at ATFR.

December 1, 2015 at 9:34 AM

@bugmeany: granted, most times they’ve moved on once they’re outside the bubble. By the time the show airs, they’re back living life. But the program really wants a devastated, rejected F2 for a better story. Unless Ben gets portrayed as a total tool (unlikely) then they’ll want the F2 to be in tears at ATFR, even if it’s just for show…. and they want to leave the possibility of another “Meznick” hanging out there. So, that does make it harder, but not impossible.

25. serapa

December 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Based on looks alone…Amanda…they don’t care about whether or not she has kids and finds love…they just need a good story.

26. kacyhswan

December 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Steve- I must say I am addicted to your Bachelor updates/bios/spoilers EVERYTHING. I am always wondering how you are able to get so many juicy details 😉
    With that being said, I wish you didn’t give so much attention to the haters in your articles. Sometimes, multiple paragraphs in your articles are going on and on about how you don’t care if people believe you or not or they will see soon enough you are right or you have been wrong before but not this time, etc. Who cares about them??? There are tons of people who enjoy what you write and screw the ones who don’t. I wish the extra space in your articles would be more info or other thoughts, instead of addressing negative people and comments so much. You have tons of supporters and you are good at what you do- believe that and run with it! :)

27. kecabe21

January 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM

So my bet on the next bachelorette is definitely Becca (unless she Kacie Boguskie’s herself and gets annoying at some point this season.

For starters she finished 2nd in a prior season so it’s not like the audience doesn’t know her and based on last week’s Bachelor Live she’s an early fan favorite.

Also – Last season Britt finished 6th and yes the guys picked Kaitlyn but the show brought Britt on too. With Becca finishing 5th this season (and 2nd in a prior season) unless she becomes annoying I just don’t see it being an issue.

Caila and Amanda both feel like the wrong fit to hold their own as a Bachelorette.

28. k2reality

January 12, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Thanks RS. Love the spoilers. But I’m also the one who reads the 1st Chapter and then the last and then back to finish the book 😉 I watched the first epi on demand and looked up your website for the spoilers. I couldn’t remember who Lauren B was, so I went to the ABC website to look her up. I noticed that under her name it says Character whereas everyone else says Contestant? Do you think that is a “clue”?

29. yesyes

January 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

So is there any chance that Jubilee is the next bachelorette? I liked her until she started being insecure, but it seems all the girls have been noticeably insecure this season.

30. frodolives

January 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

I personally think Becca is likable enough to be a Bachelorette, but she may be too overplayed and I guess people are already getting sick of her. I really like Caila, but Steve has a point in that it all depends on her edit this season if America can get behind her. I think Amanda is incredibly, unbelievably boring and if she’s the next Bachelorette I don’t even know if I can see myself watching the show. But maybe watching more of her this season will change that opinion? All I know is, the “single mom trying to find love again” story line is overdone in this franchise. Right now my vote would be for Caila. Or JoJo, but Steve has a point in saying it probably can’t be her due to scheduling. So Caila it is.

31. kimmie1976

February 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM

They are saying the next Bachelorette is going to be all about diversity so I’m predicting it’s going to be Jubilee.