Bachelor Ben H. Spoilers

“Bachelor” Ben Episode-by-Episode Spoilers

Episode 8: (Airing Feb. 22nd) Hometowns (4 to 3)

The day after the rose ceremony in Indiana, I spoiled the final the four on Twitter:

Amanda Stanton (Orange County, CA)(Filmed Wednesday, Oct. 28th)

Amanda6

Caila Quinn (Hudson, Ohio)(Filmed Friday, Oct. 30th)

Caila3

BenCailahome

She also filmed a portion at her high school, Western Reserve Academy:

JoJo Fletcher (Dallas, TX)(Filmed Sunday, Nov. 1st)

Joelle3

Lauren Bushnell (Portland, Oregon)(Filmed Tuesday, Nov. 3rd)

LaurenB1

Rose Ceremony Elimination: Amanda Stanton. I confirmed the final 3 the day after the this rose ceremony.
________________________________________________________________

Episode 9: (Airing Feb. 29th) Overnight Dates, Jamaica

The resort they stayed at in Jamaica was the Sandals Royal Plantation. Caila’s overnight was spoiled on Twitter with a few pictures of them at dinner, then watching fireworks from water in their suits, but those have since been deleted.

As is the case every season, there will be speculation regarding sex. Same thing I get asked every season, “Does the lead really sleep with all three girls in a row like that?” The answer: Every season is different. Some have had sex with one, some have had sex with two, some have had it with all three. But that’s usually not found out til well after the fact. Sometimes years after the season is over. What I can tell you is Ben had overnight dates with all three girls and then eliminated one at the rose ceremony.

Rose Ceremony Elimination: Caila Quinn.
________________________________________________________________

Episode 10: (Airing March 7th) Women Tell All

Episode 11: (Airing March 14th) Finale, Jamaica (JoJo vs Lauren B.)

I thought back on Oct. 28th when I gave my predictions of how I thought it’d play out before hometowns started, I thought Caila would be in the #2 spot and Jojo would finish 3rd. But the latest I’m hearing is that it’s shocking Caila even made it as far as she did, so I guess her getting eliminated at #3 makes more sense now. With Lauren and JoJo in the finals, I think we have two girls that will both be well liked by the audience from what I can tell. So did what I hear a month ago about Ben & Lauren, and how he was basically all into Lauren from about halfway through filming, end up being right? Yep.

Ben is engaged to Lauren.

Now, here we are in the same spot we are every season. I report to you from my sources what the ending of the show is. It’s your choice to believe it or not. My vindication doesn’t come until March 14th since there are plenty of people out there who will doubt it, especially after being wrong for a month last season. That’s fine. So if you ask, “Well, how confident are you that this is correct,” you’re going to get the same answer all season. And that answer is, “How do I even answer that? I wouldn’t print it if I didn’t believe it to be true.” Yes, I believe Kaitlyn was single based on the information I had. It was wrong. But I also believed many other times the endings I gave you that were right (Sean and Catherine, Chris and Whitney, Ben and Courtney, Andi and Josh, Emily and Jef, etc). So all I can do is tell you that what I posted I absolutely believe to be true. I checked with sources, did a few things different this season, and I feel comfortable enough to run with it today. I can tell you I’m 100% certain, 1000% certain, or even a 1000000% certain – it won’t matter. So I’ll just leave it exactly how I posted it. Ben and Lauren are engaged, and that’s that.

Now for the next 3 1/2 months until the finale, all sorts of rumor and innuendo will no doubt surface. People will say they heard this, or people will say they heard this girl was traveling this particular weekend and so was Ben so obviously they must be together. It happens every season, and pretty much every season, it ends up being nothing. The tabloids aren’t tabloids unless they create stories that aren’t there. Some of these women will get crucified in the rag mags once the season starts airing because, well, that’s what being on this show does. All the while it can’t and won’t change the fact of what happened on the filming of the finale in Jamaica last Wednesday the 18th. So keep that in mind once things start getting crazy in the tabloid world once the show starts up. It’s the same thing every season, yet every season, people start freaking out and running to me with all their ridiculous conspiracy theories.

As for the “Bachelorette,” there is plenty of time before that’s decided. But here are the facts: This show has stuck to a pretty strict guideline when choosing the “Bachelorette.” There’s been 11 “Bachelorette” seasons, and in all 11, the “Bachelorette” was a girl who finished in the top 4 of the “Bachelor” season they were on. They’ve never chosen someone outside the franchise, and never chosen someone outside of the final 4 for that lead role. So when I’m undoubtedly asked over the next few months, “Well, what about Becca? Or Emily? Or Lauren H? Or Olivia?” The answer is gonna be the same. Could they choose one of them? Sure. They could choose anyone they want. Will they? 11 for 11 seasons says they won’t. This show is a creature of habit. For the last 6 seasons the “Bachelorette” has begun filming the very week that the “Bachelor” finale aired and they haven’t strayed from that.

And that is the reason that the final 2 girl has never been chosen as the “Bachelorette” (outside of Trista but that was 12 years and 11 seasons ago. Different time and different schedule now). It’s unrealistic to have the final 2 girl come out on stage for the ATFR, act all sad and distraught and ask questions about why she was dumped, only to turn around later in the same hour and announce her as the “Bachelorette.” Would make bringing her out earlier in the show pointless and all an act. And you don’t think we’ve had contestants who finished 2nd who could’ve been “Bachelorettes?” Tenley, Clare, Becca, Lindsay, Lindzi, Chantal to name a few. They could’ve, being in that final 2 spot, yet not-so-coincidentally, the show never changed their filming schedule to make them the lead. Again, could it be done? Sure. Will it? I have no reason to believe it will based on their track record. So this definitely doesn’t help JoJo’s case. If they decide to change their filming schedule it’s certainly possible, but they haven’t in the last 6 years, so why would they now?

The “Bachelorette” coming from the #3 or #4 spot definitely has always made the most sense because they appear at the WTA, and basically get an extra week of buildup to get America behind them. There’s no “push,” so to speak, for the #2 girl because the “Bachelorette” announcement is almost always made on the “Bachelor” finale and production starts just days later. The #2 girl has no time for America to get behind her since, to the masses, they won’t know until the night of March 14th who got dumped in the end. So unless filming for the “Bachelorette” schedule has changed, and I have no reason to believe it has, that leaves Caila and Amanda as our two options. That being said, I have no idea who they are choosing because both of those girls have marks against them right now.

Caila being the youngest who’d they’d ever have in that role, and the fact that her personality will no doubt grate on viewers this season. There will be plenty that love her, but I also think plenty will think she’s completely fake and trying way too hard to promote herself and her career. A lot will depend on the edit she gets. With Amanda, you have a 25 year old single mom who is the mother of 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 yr old daughters. I mean, they have done the single mother thing before with Emily, so it’s not unprecedented. I just don’t know if they wanna go that route again. Not to mention it’s bad enough when single mothers appear on this show in the first place since that doesn’t sit well with a lot of viewers, now to go through it again and leave your daughters? Granted, Amanda is an adult and can make her own decisions and do whatever she wants, but there will already be a built-in anti-fan base who you know are calling her out for being a bad mom, and who would leave their children for this silly show, blah blah blah. Not saying I agree with that, just saying you know there are those out there already with that opinion of her.

But hey, we’ve got 3 1/2 months to sort this over. No decision has been made yet, so we’ll see how it all plays out. Once the show starts airing and the women become more “real” on screen, they’ll take all factors into account. But the ones I can’t get out of my head are the fact the #2 girl never gets the lead gig, and the lead is always someone from the top 4. So let the speculation begin. If you’re forcing me to guess right now, and the only choices are Caila and Amanda (which seems to be the case), I think they’d go with Amanda over Caila based on everything I’ve been hearing.

Heading to NY tomorrow morning for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope you all have a great day and I’ll talk to you next week.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page.

November 24, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Good recap. There were times, in the past, when I think RS has been lazy about his approach to certain seasons, but I think he nails it this time. Lots of documented pics and tweets to back everything up. Time will tell, but even as things have been coming out over the past several weeks, it seems like RS has been on his game this time around. Being first, in this everything now, Social Media world is not easy. So, kudos to RS.

2. lauren1969

November 24, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Great work again, Steve. Thank you!
    I can’t help but wonder if Britt’s chances of being ‘The Bachelorette’ will increase with two not exactly perfect candidates in Amanda and Caila. Never have I seen the girl with a bitchy-“ish” edit move into that slot, and Emily’s ‘sweetheart with a child’ persona was too recent to give Amanda a strong chance. Maybe they will go back to #2 and film ATFR differently (Lindzi was never on in Ben’s ATFR) or give it to Britt. I think she has a decent fan base after Kaitlyn’s season.

3. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Here’s what I read:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…….

Here’s your final four

Elimination

Elimination

JoJo vs. Lauren

Lauren and Ben are engaged

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

I would love to know how many readers actually read all of Steve’s words and how many just skim to the good part.

Regardless, thanks Steve!!

4. kimmyfromdablock

November 24, 2015 at 11:55 AM

….just reading the above comment. No way will Britt come back as Bachelorette. No chance.

5. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I actually read everything that Steve writes.

And I agree, Kimmy that Britt won’t come back. She has a real life she’s been living out of the media, while the desperate famewhores like Becca continue to shove their face into any camera available.

And Caila’s edit may make her “America’s Darling”. We have no idea how they want her to come off to te audience. Because It doesn’t matter what a person is really like, it only matters how they are filmed and edited. Negative comments afterwards from people that actually know them can be written off as sour grapes.

6. kmannone723

November 24, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I’m still thinking Becca might have a slight chance for bachelorette to help the show regain some of the lost fans due to Kaitlyn’s raunchiness.

7. bunnybuns

November 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM

To Kimmyfromdablock…yes, I do read every word that RealitySteve writes. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of visiting his site! I think it’s rude what you said and if you don’t like reading his written word, then don’t visit the site. But, don’t complain..no one is forcing you to visit RealitySteve.

To RealitySteve…thank you for taking the time to be so committed to getting us the most up-to-date information! You make watching reality television fun. And, I love your sense of humor! Now go take a break from this, have fun and we look forward to a fun Bachelor Season!

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

@kimmy: haha…. yeah, it’s hard to read long posts. Get to the good stuff. Steve acts sometimes like he gets paid by the word.

I would like Britt at The Bachelorette, but I agree that ship has sailed.

I like the idea of Becca in that she’s a known quantity and, as a 3 time contestant, would be essentially cannon fodder for all of us. But putting someone with her show background as The Bachelorette is unprecedented. As RS points out, they have a formula that works and they’re unlikely to deviate from it. But…. to the original point…. if the other girls really don’t dazzle & they’re left with a Juan Pablo-ish option(s), then who knows. Anything can happen. It’s hard to tell from the 30,000 foot level that we’re currently at for this season. Surely some favorites will surface. But I’m concerned that this season will be dull. If so, the most interesting topic might be “Will Becca be The Bachelorette?”

9. angelfish

November 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM

No way Becca will be The Bachelorette. She’s old news, overexposed, dull and could never carry a season. Plus, her equally boring family would kill her if she tried it a 3rd time. That just reeks of needy desperation, not romance.

10. jest002

November 24, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Ben looks handsome as heck in the one promo I’ve seen. And Lauren B seems a great match for him..

Olivia described as socially awkward & oblivious made me laugh. For some reason, I might like her. We’ll see. If she’s the drama, I can’t wait to see what they’ll use in the extended promo.

I’m guessing plenty will go at her for the teen mom comment.. and that could be the sympathy push Amanda needs to be the next lead… aaand.. I can’t say I’d find that exciting, but who knows.

I’m still against returnees from Chris’s season for lead. Unless it’s Samantha :p With her spellbinding pull over men, we might have ourselves a fun season. Nah, even then I’m done with that season.

LOL, Mandi. Another kooky dentist.

And just as I was warming up to the idea of Jojo being Bachelorette, I hear she’s F2. Bummer that production didn’t keep Jen Saviano around long enough to be in the running.

11. mush

November 24, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I’m betting the next bachelorette will be number 2 JoJo. The show likes to make big changes every now and then.

12. nora j

November 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

I know it’s been awhile, but back when Chantal was #2, the producers really wanted her to be The Bachelorette…seems like the only reason she wasn’t chosen was because she got into a serious relationship. I guess the schedule was different back then? Ben F. was The Bachelor as well after being #2. I just think if they really want someone and they are F2 it’s not impossible.

November 25, 2015 at 7:13 AM

I agree that having the F2 is not impossible. Emily was the F1 as was Jen Scheft back in the day (albeit not from the immediately prior season. However, in today’s Social Media driven world, it seems that they like to pick the current contestants who pick up the most Social Media supporters.

The argument against the F2 being The Bachelorette is (1) Schedule and (2) Bad optics. I love Ben, errrr…. I’m ready to look for love everywhere is a challenging story to tell. But I don’t think either one of those is really the reason the F2 isn’t chosen.

It’s more around a comfort level with the Producers, especially MF. They’ve been doing it successfully choosing F3+’s for a few years and it’s worked. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I believe that’s the mentality you’re dealing with more than any real challenges in selecting the F2. People don’t change easily, especially when ratings are good, the money is good, etc. People tend to play “Prevent Defense” at that point. They don’t take chances when they keep getting their bank accounts filled with every successful season. They fear that if they took a chance and it failed, it would be the end. So they don’t take any chances, play it safe and keep doing what they’ve been doing. That’s human nature.

14. bugsmeany

November 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Emily had a full year to go from F1 to Bachelorette, and Ben F. had several months to go from F2 to Bachelor. Steve’s right, the odds are against JoJo big-time.

15. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Impossible to know how the show is going to edit Caila. WE know how she came off to the other girls, based on behind-the-scenes gossip that we read on spoiler sites. But most of the viewing audience in January will see exactly what the producers want seen. And that could be Caila as “America’s Darling”.

Every season they show us what they want us to see, not necessarily what is real. We all KNOW that and nothing will change it.

November 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM

@angelfish: I was thinking the same thing. As F3, she’d be the first in line for The Bachelorette. However, that’s the far sighted view. As the villain, who (OMG!) Ben might pick is just too good a story line. They’ll have to go with it and drive ratings with it. That would likely make Caila radioactive for any future appearances… like Courtney.

They could try to re-boot her at the WTA, or something. But my belief is that they’ll need to look at the F4+. Which starts to bring Becca into the picture. :) Hey, just sayin!

17. angelfish

November 25, 2015 at 11:37 AM

If Becca would be considered, then why not Emily? They could do some interesting things with Em 2.0. She doesn’t look 65 years old like Becca does, she lives in a cool place like Vegas, and she has twin Hailey to play Greek chorus and advise her.

They didn’t give Nick the lead after 2 fails as a contestant and he actually brought SEX both times. The network can’t possibly think a beige like Becca would bring anything. They’ll have enough with Ben this round.

18. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Funny Kimmyfromdablock
    My thoughts exactly! No disrespect to RS but he can reiterate like the best of them!
    Sometimes it is just too much just making it seem so silly! I give RS loads of credit for being so on point season after season! Being wrong @ times happens to everyone so never bothered me. The tv world is forever editing so it happens . I don’t see the reason why RS defends himself so much. He’s proven himself consistently.
    I just can’t read it all! Sorry RS!
    Just get lost in repetitive sentences that end up in paragraphs.
    As I am ranting now!
    Kudos RS!
    Never doubt you

19. sukiaki

November 26, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Sorry @bunnybuns
    I just said similar but not meaning total disregard to his hard work! He can ramble about same thing.
    Also, this is the ONLY site to come for this so technically some may come to just spoiler. Many just click to see who was chosen VS every detail. No disrespect to Steve but some just too busy.

20. ignxrami

November 26, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Possible theories for the Bachelorette:
    Becca – she is well-liked by fans and presumably crew. Who cares if she’s a virgin. Sean was a “born again” virgin and that didn’t stop them from casting him. I’m sure she’s not going to be a prude and not make out with anyone. I think the only thing working against her is the fact that she’s already been on 2 back to back seasons of The Bachelor and people might be sick of seeing her.

Amanda – if everyone likes her I don’t know why they wouldn’t cast her just because she is a single mother. Although they have never cast someone with 2 kids (it’s like 1 is their limit) so I’m not sure.

Caila – someone said this and I agree: we don’t know until it happens how the edit is going to go. Viewers might love her.

21. adrie

December 1, 2015 at 3:18 AM

If F2 is well received and more likeable than the others in the final four, I don’t see why the producers shouldn’t go for it. I realise the formula for F3 has worked previously but I think there would be those who would argue Kaitlyn didn’t work as the Bachelorette – she was awful (I know the ratings were good blah blah). Becca is so beige and boring please no. Just no. Thanks for a good summary RS!

December 1, 2015 at 7:50 AM

As I understand it, the F2 would not work because of timing. In some seasons, I believe, they’ve announced the next Bachelorette at the ATFR… or shortly thereafter. So, that would force the show to quickly transition from a sobbing F2, to a bubbly happy Bachelorette. It strains credibility. Also, there is a certain amount of prep involved. Contracts to sign, personal trainers to see, promos to shoot, etc. Logistically, that would be tough to do in such a condensed time frame.

If things get really desperate, they could do anything. But they prefer not to have the F2, let’s say it that way. It’s easier if they don’t.

I do think it would be fun if the F2 automatically became the Bachelorette. That would make for some interesting episodes as the ladies look to tank their relationship with the lead as they vie for the Bachelorette pay day & extension of their 15 minutes. It would be kind of like professional sports teams that try to lose towards the end to get a better draft slot. That would make for some hysterics, for sure.

23. bugsmeany

December 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM

But is the F2 *always* devastated, still hung up on TB, not ready and not able to move on? Maybe they won’t force that storyline at ATFR.

December 1, 2015 at 9:34 AM

@bugmeany: granted, most times they’ve moved on once they’re outside the bubble. By the time the show airs, they’re back living life. But the program really wants a devastated, rejected F2 for a better story. Unless Ben gets portrayed as a total tool (unlikely) then they’ll want the F2 to be in tears at ATFR, even if it’s just for show…. and they want to leave the possibility of another “Meznick” hanging out there. So, that does make it harder, but not impossible.

25. serapa

December 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Based on looks alone…Amanda…they don’t care about whether or not she has kids and finds love…they just need a good story.

26. kacyhswan

December 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Steve- I must say I am addicted to your Bachelor updates/bios/spoilers EVERYTHING. I am always wondering how you are able to get so many juicy details 😉
    With that being said, I wish you didn’t give so much attention to the haters in your articles. Sometimes, multiple paragraphs in your articles are going on and on about how you don’t care if people believe you or not or they will see soon enough you are right or you have been wrong before but not this time, etc. Who cares about them??? There are tons of people who enjoy what you write and screw the ones who don’t. I wish the extra space in your articles would be more info or other thoughts, instead of addressing negative people and comments so much. You have tons of supporters and you are good at what you do- believe that and run with it! :)

27. kecabe21

January 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM

So my bet on the next bachelorette is definitely Becca (unless she Kacie Boguskie’s herself and gets annoying at some point this season.

For starters she finished 2nd in a prior season so it’s not like the audience doesn’t know her and based on last week’s Bachelor Live she’s an early fan favorite.

Also – Last season Britt finished 6th and yes the guys picked Kaitlyn but the show brought Britt on too. With Becca finishing 5th this season (and 2nd in a prior season) unless she becomes annoying I just don’t see it being an issue.

Caila and Amanda both feel like the wrong fit to hold their own as a Bachelorette.

28. k2reality

January 12, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Thanks RS. Love the spoilers. But I’m also the one who reads the 1st Chapter and then the last and then back to finish the book 😉 I watched the first epi on demand and looked up your website for the spoilers. I couldn’t remember who Lauren B was, so I went to the ABC website to look her up. I noticed that under her name it says Character whereas everyone else says Contestant? Do you think that is a “clue”?

29. yesyes

January 26, 2016 at 7:14 PM

So is there any chance that Jubilee is the next bachelorette? I liked her until she started being insecure, but it seems all the girls have been noticeably insecure this season.

30. frodolives

January 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

I personally think Becca is likable enough to be a Bachelorette, but she may be too overplayed and I guess people are already getting sick of her. I really like Caila, but Steve has a point in that it all depends on her edit this season if America can get behind her. I think Amanda is incredibly, unbelievably boring and if she’s the next Bachelorette I don’t even know if I can see myself watching the show. But maybe watching more of her this season will change that opinion? All I know is, the “single mom trying to find love again” story line is overdone in this franchise. Right now my vote would be for Caila. Or JoJo, but Steve has a point in saying it probably can’t be her due to scheduling. So Caila it is.

31. kimmie1976

February 9, 2016 at 5:48 PM

They are saying the next Bachelorette is going to be all about diversity so I’m predicting it’s going to be Jubilee.