The Bachelor 20 - Ben

Welcome to the New RealitySteve.com

It’s been 4 years since we changed the format of the site, so I figured it was time to give it a different look now. To me, it seems easier to navigate, but then again, I always thought the last one was easy too and I heard complaints. Whatever the case, you can see the 4 pictures at the top of the page will be the 4 columns that will be most read throughout the course of the season. Of course “Bachelor Ben Spoilers – Season 20” will just stay there all season with no changes. So rather than having to go to the navigation bar, or see an episode-by-episode link in a column, all you have to do is click that picture and it brings you directly to your episode-by-episode spoilers. When next season rolls around, that picture will change to whoever the Bachelorette is and have your spoilers there at one click. Every new Tuesday recap will be under “Bachelor Ben Recaps,” same with “Reader Emails,” and same with “Live Chat Videos.” I will still be doing “Dr. Reality Steve” all season, you’ll just have to click that in the top navigation bar to see all those columns. We’ve added a 3rd column to all pages, as opposed to only the 2 on each page we had before. Some minor kinks here and there we’ve worked on as well, but this looks to be the final product. Any feedback would be appreciated. We might make some minor tweaks over time, but I like this new look better and hopefully you do too.

Not a whole hell of a lot going on today, but a couple minor things to get to:

-While I was out last week, it was announced who would be on the Rose Bowl Parade Float this Friday with Ben. Joining him will be Tanner, Jade, Ashley I., Samantha, and Lacy. Uhhhh ok. Kinda random. But considering their float last year got maybe 5 seconds of air time, this is pretty much a non story. Unless they were gonna throw the girl Ben picked on that float with him, this isn’t a big deal.

-Yesterday, they released a clip from the first episode where Ben rejects Lace’s kiss at the cocktail party. If you think Lace looks and sounds hammered in her ITM’s in this clip, just wait til you see more. She was pretty drunk that first night.

-Nell Kalter’s VPump Rules recap is now up for your viewing. If you haven’t been reading her recaps this season, they’re a must if you ask me. And I don’t even watch the show.

There won’t be any more “Daily Links” the rest of this week, meaning it won’t return until after the “Bachelor” is done airing. It’s been a nice run over these last 3 months “Daily Links.” See you on the flip side. The rest of this week, I’ll only be posting if something “Bachelor” related comes up, or anything regarding the site. Next week we ramp up to 3 columns a week and a live video chat. I will now go hunker down in the basement to get ready for 2 1/2 months of work. Enough vacation. Lets finally get this thing started.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you soon.

1. armaxie

December 29, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Could you please add the date of the article at the top of the page. Makes it easier to tell when there is a new one posted. Thanks

2. kmannone723

December 29, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Yeah Steve please add the date of the article.

3. angelfish

December 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Very nice update. It seems well organized and easy to navigate. And the date on each article is absolutely necessary.

Well done, Steve!

4. ignxrami

December 29, 2015 at 4:45 PM

It’s very condensed. I would assume it looks great for mobile users, but as a PC user everything is too squished together for my tastes.

5. smurfette22

December 30, 2015 at 6:47 AM

I think it looks great. Very clean looking.

6. unicorn2020

December 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Check out reality steve in the new york times http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/arts/television/for-the-bachelor-hes-the-thorn-in-their-tray-of-roses.html?_r=0

By the way, I see a bunch of bugs in your new UI and the web design is not doing the responsive layout properly. And you have way too much white space.Happy to help if you need someone to fix this for free. Iam a professional web developer and a fan.

7. unicorn2020

December 30, 2015 at 2:43 PM

White space on retina especially. Have your webmaster check all resolutions before you push out a new design

8. vessel

December 31, 2015 at 11:20 AM

What happened to the archives section? From time to time I like to go way back and re-read. I guess this is a question best asked via email.

9. cjscjs711

December 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM

It is very white on the Mac but all those awful popup ads are gone. Although – does anyone else notice that? I recently installed a new adblocker on my computer. Not complaining!!!! Those ads and videos that would start playing by themselves were horrible.

10. justforfun

January 2, 2016 at 12:07 AM

YAY no more annoying pop up ads!!! My computer also didn’t crash 10 times trying to read this which is the best improvement. Can’t wait for Monday. :)

11. thedoctor

January 2, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Ditto, on the computer not crashing. I am also able to post a comment without crashing also. I had pretty much given up on posting comments.

12. duty1st

January 4, 2016 at 9:07 PM

OMG!! I thought this site had been crashed!! That would have been a disaster! Mock me! I dont care! I love RS, & I’ve stalked this site for years. It’s really the ONLY way to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette series. With the premier of the Higgi Season tonight, I checked in with Steve to get the name of the winner, read the spoilers, and read the comments — but it was crashed! Ah, when the site came up, I was shocked when I read how unappreciative some of the comments were toward Steve, almost like an attack, Back off TROLLS!! REALITY STEVE IS AWESOME and if you don’t like how detailed his reporting is then STOP clogging the site when his adoring fans want to read his brilliance.

13. amanda189

January 4, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Steve, can you please expose Becca for lying about her age? She wasn’t born in 88 rather 84. There is proof online… I don’t know how she can lie about her age. Maybe so no one questions why she’s a 31 year old virgin?

14. duckquack

January 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM

what is Steve’s email address?……..new age is mobile which doesn’t work on this pc..clicking on them buttons does not work.