The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 3 Recap Incl “Bachelor in Paradise” Casting Update, & Chad’s Match.com Profile

sextalkgroupdatepic
Photo Credit: Glamour

It’s Chad’s world right now. We’re all just living in it. Yeah, I’m sick of him and I’m sure most of you are too, but hey, only one more night of him (for a while at least). Anyway, with UnREAL starting back up last night, I can say I was much more excited for that than anything this show gave us. Since UnREAL is really the only show I watch on Lifetime, sometimes I sit there and wonder how it’s possible they get away with some of the things they do. For instance, I had no idea you could say p***y on cable TV. I mean, I know I’d heard it before, but I figured it was HBO or Showtime. Not to mention we get to see Rachel getting tagged from behind against a window 2 minutes into the episode. Amazing. Hey, keep it coming. It was certainly quite the doozy to kick off season 2 last night. Hope you were all following along on Twitter last night. It won’t be a weekly thing where I live tweet it, but, I will definitely be giving my thoughts on the show as the season goes along. Very curious to see where the Quinn/Rachel relationship is headed this season, especially with Chet not being out of the loop anymore by a long shot. Are they going to make two different shows all season like Chet suggested? No way that happens, right? Guess we’ll find out soon enough. Again, if you’re a fan of reality dating shows, UnREAL is a must watch. Takes you behind the scenes to what really goes on in shows like these. Pretty eye opening to say the least, but nothing I haven’t been telling you for years.

Ratings are in from last night, and as expected, they bounced back after last week’s holiday episode, also beating Kaitlyn’s episode 3 in the same spot. Last night drew 6.8 million viewers with a 2.0 rating, the same rating they got the night of the premiere. This was up from a 5.8 and 1.6 rating on Memorial Day last week. Kaitlyn’s third episode last season (a week after Memorial Day), drew 6.4 million and a 1.9 rating. Tonight you can expect a dip since this is not a typical “Bachelor” viewing night. Hell, I had people on Twitter last night asking why I was saying Chad goes home tonight. Even though last week ended with them saying there’s two episodes this week, even though this week’s episode opened with “the first of a two night Bachelorette special,” and even though I mentioned all last week how there would be back-to-back episodes this week and no new episode next week, people still had no idea there’s a new episode on tonight. I think these are also the same people that think this show is real.

JoJo’s blog is up now at People.com and although there isn’t anything in there that’s too terribly shocking, she did admit that when Evan was telling his “sex story” on stage that day, she had no idea he was talking about Chad. None. Wow. I know you’re in a bubble when you’re on this show, but man, how did she miss that one?

With episode 4 happening tonight, I’ll have a recap up tomorrow meaning that on Thursday, I’ll be combining “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve,” so it gives you an extra day to get those in. Kinda low on both of them as of now, soyou’re your questions in to be answered on Thursday. There will be no live video chat on Thursday night. I’ll return in a week from Thursday for your next one.

Ok, so if you haven’t been keeping up on Twitter since Friday, a few “Bachelor in Paradise” casting announcements. Filming for BIP begins either today or tomorrow. I’m sure producers and Mike Fleiss will let us know which night it is on Twitter. This cast is ever changing, and it’s kinda hard to predict who is the original cast and who is coming in later, but I’ll do my best. Remember, the original BIP cast gets released while filming is still going on, then they will randomly fill guys in who are JoJo’s season, but not yet eliminated on TV yet. Last year, People.com posted the initial BIP cast (as much as they could because plenty of the guys were still “competing” on Kaitlyn’s season), on June 10th, so I would expect roughly the same this season. That cast announcement should be happening in the next few days. Here’s everything I can give you up to this point:

-On Friday, I spoiled on Twitter that Sarah Herron will be appearing again on BIP. She was on season 1 of BIP and had that awful ending with Robert after things went south during their overnight stay. She’ll be part of the original cast.

-On Saturday, I tweeted out pictures of Chad at the Houston airport heading to Puerto Vallarta, confirming his appearance on BIP.

-On Sunday, I retweeted a photo of Amanda at the airport, confirming her appearance on BIP.

-Then yesterday, I confirmed that Nick Viall (God help us all), is gonna be on Paradise as well this season. He. Just. Can’t. Stay. Away.

So for the original cast, here’s who I’m pretty sure is part of it:

Ben’s Girls:

Haley Ferguson
Emily Ferguson
Leah Block
Lace Morris
Izzy Goodkind
Jubilee Sharpe
Amanda Stanton

JoJo’s Guys:

Evan Bass
Grant Kemp
Chad Johnson

Alumni:

Sarah Herron (Sean’s season, BIP 1)
Nick Viall (Every season ever)

Other names you will/possibly see appear at some point this season, if not part of the original cast.

Ashley Iaconetti (Chris, BIP 2)
Carly Waddell (Chris, BIP 2)
Jared Haibon (Katilyn, BIP 2)
Jonathan Holloway (Kaitlyn, BIP 2)
Lauren Himle (Ben’s season)
Jennifer Saviano (Ben)
Jami Letain (Ben)
Shoshanna I-don’t-want-to-spell-her-last-name (Ben)
Vinny Venteria (JoJo’s season)
Christian Bishop (JoJo)
James Taylor (JoJo)

Obviously there are more people who will be appearing, and some of these names may even be in the original cast. I’m just relaying everything I’ve heard up til this morning. Names like Josh Murray and Jef Holm are still being floated out there, but I haven’t heard a solid confirmation either way if they’re on or not. Just because you don’t see a name on here doesn’t mean they won’t possibly be on the show.

Now lets get to America’s Biggest Douchenozzle, Chad Johnson. Since he likes trolling anyone who crosses him (he’s added more domain names to his list I gave you last week, which is illegal by the way. It’s called cybersquatting Chad, you might want to look it up), why not have a little fun with him? Got an email on Friday from someone who had seen Chad’s profile on Match.com that he had up until he left to film JoJo’s season. I didn’t know if it was possible for this guy to be any more of a narcissistic, meatheaded ass hat than he already was…until I read this profile. Seriously? What woman would want to email him after reading that self-indulgent piece of garbage. This guy deserves everything he gets post show on social media, and then some.

image1image2image5image3image4

Ooooohhhh, honorably discharged from the Marines? Did he perform a Code Red? Did he rat out Private Santiago? Why do I have a feeling there’s more to Chad’s discharge from the Marines than he’s letting on? I had no clue about what this guy did in the Marines, how long he was in it, etc. No idea. But now reading that he immediately puts it out there on his dating profile he was honorably discharged, it certainly makes you wonder what his deal was. Anyone want to do some digging on why he was honorably discharged, be my guest. I don’t have time for it. I’m busy folding my socks and organizing my underwear drawer today.

With the start of UnREAL last night, for those that didn’t know, that idea came from a short film called “Sequin Raze” made by Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, that was just released to the public yesterday on this website. If you’ve got 20 minutes today, check out the short film that turned UnREAL from a short film into a successful TV show:

And finally, they dedicated a whole hour to the group date last night, yet barely any of it was actually on the date itself. It was Chad, Chad, and more Chad. So I ask you this. I know he goes home tonight, but is it too much?

June 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM

RS said there was no video of Chad hitting the wall with his fist. I could have sworn it was in there as they were walking off the stage. He raged out and hit a wall back stage as they were walking into a room. Am I right on this?

I do think the match.com profile says it all. He doesn’t believe in college, because he knows how to make himself smarter. He believes in his own form of God because everyone (but him) has God figured out all wrong. He wants to have lots of his own businesses, because probably he doesn’t want to work for ignorant fools that have actually already created successful businesses.

Of course, from a prior RS column, it seems that as a “Luxury Real Estate Consultant/Agent”, he has no actual home listings at this time. Ummmm Chad, you have to actually have listings and sell them to make money. Doing pull ups with weights tied to your feet & eating dozens of meat plates isn’t going to get you listings.

It’s definitely narcissistic to say the least. And likely compensating for insecurities about not being able to cut it in college, business or the world in general. And the kicker, of course, is that this guy who hasn’t been in a relationship for four years consults himself and decides that going on the Bachelorette is the key to his next relationship. Doh! At least he can take solace in the fact that there are girls out there who write to Charles Manson. So, he’s still got a shot.

He’s very immature in thinking that he’s going to make all this money by creating all of these businesses based on stuff he knows. Basically, make lots of money and spending a minimal amount of time. Ummmmm… I don’t know what books he reads, but that’s not exactly a business model that comes out of any real book. That’s something that Chad made up on his own too. I’ve met lots of, let’s call them less than intelligent, successful business owners. But those guys were successful because they learned how to do something really well & worked really hard for a decade or two to become successful. Who’s been successful spending a minimal amount of time on stuff they make up where they don’t have to work hard? Nobody ever. Chad’s life is headed straight into the toilet. He might be the perfect profile for a mass shooter. He’ll end up blaming everyone else for his failed life. Which is ironic since he never listens to anyone but himself. Self mentoring is not really a thing Chad.

2. lucyw4

June 7, 2016 at 10:17 AM

I find it hilarious that his own dog couldn’t stand to be around him!

3. qwerty

June 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

I feel like Chad’s pathological anger issues and violent nature are supposed to be entertaining for viewers, but I actually find it deeply disturbing to watch him being set up in romantic situations (with a woman, or in BIP’s case women, who might not have access to a full picture of him). I would not feel safe being in a relationship (or even, being alone in the same room) with someone who’s that quick to violence. Watch out, BIP ladies.

4. farmgirl

June 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Hey Steve..Honorably Discharged is what most Marines get. All it means is that he did his four years and got out without getting in trouble. That being said, as a female AND former Marine, I think Chad is gross and horrible representative of the Marine Corps. Also a horrible representative for men in general. That is one of the worst profiles I’ve ever read.

5. cjscjs711

June 7, 2016 at 11:02 AM

@Rob22 yes, I saw that Chad did punch the door.

I think Reality Steve’s comments above are a testament to what a good job producers are doing of creating characters intended to get under the skin of viewers. Steve is a very very jaded, long-time viewer of this series and still, producers have managed to evoke some very strong, almost visceral responses from Steve! As we know, the characters we see are a combination of producers and casting directors being able to discern the personality mix that will make good TV. And to successfully play up those traits at the right times to make good TV. They enable and instigate.

There is a lot of button-pushing going on. How– organic is it?

Personally, Chad, including the character that has been brought forth on TV, doesn’t bother me that much. I work with entertainers and while not always typical, I’ve seen much more extreme types than this. Typical, though, is that when the camera loves someone and they are getting work, his or her competitors often become envious, snide, and catty.

I think the ‘bromance’ between Chad and Daniel was a lot more believable than the bromance last season between JJ and Clint. The latter seemed so obviously staged, and they tried too hard.

What was more painful to me was watching James Taylor, and his constant showcasing his talent with his singing and guitar. He reminded me of Bradley “the Opera Singer” who was constantly singing in what looked like a blatant attempt to promote his voice on TV. In contrast to appropriately modest Sharleen, who was also an opera singer.

June 7, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Producer manipulation is obviously always a factor. But with Chad, based on the match.com profile, dude is not playing a role. That’s who he is. All the producers needed to do is roll the video and play it back. Granted, they introduced conflict to Chad because they knew he couldn’t deal with it. Just light the match, step back and watch the fireworks. I could have missed it, but I didn’t see a lot of franken-bytes for Chad. They just weren’t necessary.

I think with Daniel and Chad, you have two guys who like to workout a lot. Guys like that might be in the gym 3-4 hours a day doing their thing. Few guys work out that hard doing the workout that they do. It’s extreme. So, finding a workout partner on the same type of schedule is the main connection. It really didn’t take Daniel that long to realize that Chad was a douche. But Daniel didn’t care until the house started lumping him in with Chad. Guilt by association. Guys aren’t that picky about workout partners, though. I worked out with a meathead that I thought was a douche for several months. Dude was a great workout partner though. Worked out hard, pushed me and was actually very encouraging. When he talked about anything else, however, it was like you were talking to an animal. Eventually I just got sick of him and bailed.

7. canon

June 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM

I’m no Chad fan as I’ve met plenty like him, but I will say this. If you look at each confrontation, Chad never starts it. Someone needles him and he doesn’t respond well, but it always starts with someone making a diss comment. Sure, his ITM’s are beyond egocentric, but face to face, he’s right that he’s not starting it. Granted, he should just say “Whatever dude” rather than getting riled up, but if the others weren’t dogging him first, these things probably wouldn’t be happening. Lots of creative editing I’m seeing here and I’m sure producers are getting others to verbally poke him knowing it will set him off and give good tv. And yeah, no doubt the security guard is just to up the drama factor. All that said, I’ve never seen you be so into bashing a character before! Calm down Steve.. LOL

8. karynr

June 7, 2016 at 2:39 PM

I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, but after reading RS, as well as Chad’s Match.com profile, I can understand why his dog didn’t come home.

9. crushonspivey

June 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM

canon, I agree with you. Chad never starts any of it. And I can just imagine some producer goading some of the more insecure and whiny guys into starting stuff with Chad. And let’s be honest–the guys that start stuff with Chad are the whiny dudes on the show this year.

Always amazes me of the ones that get caught up in creating the house drama, and complaining about the other contestants, and yet those people NEVER get chosen in the end. Really, they never even make the final 3. They are just there to be used and abused by producers to create drama, and do they deliver. And they go home as losers, because they are.

I think Chad is hilarious. Yeah, the guy has issues, but so do pretty much other other guy on the show. They all look damaged. That is the problem with this show now. They beat up all the contestants so much, it is hard to want to root for any of them. This year, I am literally rooting for JoJo to pick no one. I want her t o be the Bachettte that dumps them all, then calls them loser at the After ceremony.

I just like that Chad calls them all out for their own crap. Deservedly so. Bunch of whiny, wimpy “JoJo song” singing pansies this year.

10. kimmyfromdablock

June 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM

All of us know how much producer manipulation is involved on this show. It’s clear that Chad is narcissistic, but you also have to wonder how much is exaggerated by producer input and editing.

However…..then we see the Match profile. What an incredible moron. Any woman with an ounce of self-respect would not give him the time of day. The things he writes about himself are jaw dropping ridiculous. Aside from that, he sounds very uneducated.

It’s too bad a guy with conventional good looks is not so attractive on the inside. When he told Jordan he was some washed up football wannabe — that was no producer manipulation. The guy is mean-spirited and ugly. In my book, that qualifies as an epic fail in life.

11. kmannone723

June 7, 2016 at 5:08 PM

I’m definitely worried that Chad abuses women. I kinda pick up on that vibe. Definitely worried that any girl that goes for him either on BIP or his match.com profile will regret going for him

12. tamara

June 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Best Bachelor/Bachelorette line ever, thanks to Evan:

“Love is worth being shoved in the face for!”

I think Evan is handsome and sweet, and a good catch.

Better than Jordan, who seems fake and full of himself.

13. lucyw4

June 7, 2016 at 10:31 PM

I think Evan is sweet, but not handsome, or a good catch because of his 3 kids.
    Robby looks like a mannequin with hair that doesn’t move.
    Alex is good-looking, but his height and preoccupation with Chad is a HUGE turn-off.

The only cute one to me, is Wells. I love his smile, but his small physique would be a problem.

June 8, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Yeah, definitely the ones that get the most hooked into the house drama never seem to end up in the F4. However, we only see what they let us see. So, if the goal is to make the F4 look good, maybe their whining isn’t shown?