Bachelor in Paradise 3 Spoilers

The “Bachelorette” Episode 6 Recap Incl (SPOILER) Who Got Engaged on “Bachelor in Paradise?”

JoJoGroupArgentina
Photo Credit: ABC

This is a big week for me and it has nothing to do with anything “Bachelorette” or “Bachelor in Paradise” related. If you’ve followed me long enough, you know that I have a niece and nephew that live in Southern California. You know I’m usually in California 6 or 7 times a year visiting them and friends over the years. Well, not anymore. On Friday, my sister and her family officially make the move to Texas. Their house is sold in CA, their house out here is being built and should be ready by September. But they will be here this Friday. Seems weird. Like, I’m used to them visiting here at least once or twice a year, and this just feels like one of their summer visits. But now to think they’re moving here for good is just…different. Olivia and Nicholas will be within 10 miles of me every day from now on. I’ll be able to go to as many of her soccer games and as many of Nicholas’ hockey games as I can. The kids can’t wait to get here. Although they don’t know anyone out here and obviously starting a new school this summer, they’re excited. My sister is already set to go on her new teaching job, and my brother-in-law is already working at his new job. So things are about to get a little different around here come Friday. Now I’ll still go back to California a couple times a year for important things. You know, like my fantasy baseball and football draft. But other than that, I will be visiting way less now. Expect more updates on the kids now that they’ll be here.

Get your “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve” emails in as soon as you can today and tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll have two full bags to keep you engaged for the next two days. “Reader Emails” is pretty decent right now. A little light on “Dr. Reality Steve” so get those in to be answered Thursday.

Up now for your recapping pleasure, JoJo’s blog for People.com. She basically fibs about how traumatic last night’s rose ceremony was for her. Uh huh. Sure it wasn’t. You know what’s a better read? Our very own Nell Kalter doing double duty on Tuesday’s. First, check out her episode 3 recap of Are You The One? followed by her RHOC recap about the craziness that goes on with them. Good stuff.

Before all the Raya stuff broke on Twitter last week where Jordan defended himself regarding his account, he did a Skype interview with “Garbage Time’s” Katie Nolan that you can see here. Obviously he doesn’t give much away, but he confirms what I’ve told you about his relationship with Aaron. Basically that it isn’t great.

As for everything that Jordan tweeted last week trying to profess his innocence that he doesn’t have a Raya account anymore, or he deleted it in February, or he closed it in March, or that it was set to auto renew and he forgot blah blah blah. I’m done talking about the Raya stuff. It’s a small piece to the puzzle. You can choose to believe the information I gave you or not. Doesn’t matter to me. I know the guy’s lying and that’s all that’s important to me.

So next week is still one giant clusterf**k. At the end of last night’s episode, the preview says “Next week on the ‘Bachelorette,” yet everywhere online, including TVGuide.com’s schedule, ABC.com’s own site, and my DirecTV guide is all showing next week is a repeat, and that they’ll double up later on this season. They can’t possibly be stupid enough to schedule a new episode, especially the one right before hometowns, on a holiday where most people are out at night, can they? I guess we’ll know soon enough and get a definitive answer. Right now, I have no idea. The show says it’s a new episode, but everything online is showing that it isn’t. I’ll let you know when ABC makes an “official” announcement.

In case you missed it, Texas Monthly did a feature on me and the site that’s running in its July edition. Pretty deep dive into me and the show and I know a lot of you have asked about the stalker stuff. Unfortunately it happened, it was worse than you can ever imagine, and I never know if it will end. It’s something very few people truly know the details about and I’d like to keep it that way. Just know it wasn’t fun at all and made my life hell for a good 3 years. I appreciate the kind words to those who have written to me about it though. So thank you.

And finally, a little over half of the spots are filled for the Vegas party July 29th at Mandalay Bay. So you can still get in and reserve a spot by emailing me and letting me know you are 100% in for the party. We’ll have food, and open beer and wine bar, and the 2nd Annual Reality Steve Bachelor Trivia Contest where prizes are given to first and second place. Good times had by all. If you’re coming in from out of state, you will be on the confirmed list once I see a flight itinerary. If you’re driving, I need to see a hotel reservation. All I ask is that if you commit to going, outside of a major emergency, please don’t flake out. That spot could’ve gone to someone else who was wanting in. So if you’re still interested in going, email me as soon as you can.

And finally, your poll question that I’m going to ask now, and then ask again once the season is over to see how much the answers change. It’s pretty simple:

1. crushonspivey

June 28, 2016 at 8:58 AM

I liked JoJo a lot last season, but I am just not feeling her this season. The show is, again, hurting its brand when the entire premise is just not believable. I just do not see her finding much of anything with any of these guys. Just not seeing it.

I also decided that the contract the lead signs has some bonus clauses built into it. Bonus for every person they kiss each week. Only reason JoJo would act excited for kissing guys like James or Alex, or others already gone etc. Seriously, she is mentally cashing checks each time those dudes makes a move. And then I also think she gets a bigger bonus each time a guy tells her he loves her, or is falling in love with her. I mean, why not incentivize the lead to get guys to emotionally put it out there for America to consume. That is what this show wants more than reality. Just give us something to watch and laugh about.

Oh, and Robby, you hair style looks like the top of a soft serve swirl ice cream cone. Or that you put your head in the toilet and flushed. Either way. Total swirly hair. Of course, this season has all kinds of bad hair. I think it has to be a record.

Would have been way better had JoJo sent both James and Alex home together. Both have no shot and never have. Waiting another week just delayed the inevitable for both.

2. j1scarlett

June 28, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Grant seems to get engaged all the time, so that means absolutely nothing. Hope he didnt meet any girls on the plane ride home. Evan and Carly both live in Nashville so thats helpful, there might be a chance for them I guess.

3. valadega

June 28, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Evan and Carly are the only ones who have a ghost of a chance!

4. jsab7

June 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM

Steve, I’m sure Blake is in a bikini in The Shallows but do yourself a favor and check out her body double, Sarah Friend.

5. cjscjs711

June 28, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Touche, J1scarlett….

I’m very surprised the franchise indulged James Taylor’s very obvious plug for self-promotion right from the start and then more than once. They are setting themselves up for more coming on the show purely for self-promotion. The guy bugs the heck out of me.

In looking at his scene with JoJo, how dumb the incident was, he must have been very easy for producers to manipulate (if they even had to try very hard) into getting him to go through with that silly ‘accusation.’

The leads on both shows typically play a pretty bland role. Most of the high drama moments involves the participants. Even Kaitlyn – aside from sex with Nick – lost a lot of her spunk and sounded very cliched and rehearsed compared to on Chris’s season.

Evan is not at all my type so I say this not personally, but he did seem as though he naively was on the show ‘for the right reasons’ and I hope it all works out for cruise-singer Carly.

6. monkeydo

June 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Agreed with Crushonspivey that both James and Alex should have been sent packing last night. It would have made for a better show. FAILED!
    During JoJo’s date with Wells, I was thinking the same that Wells seems more like her brother than her date.

7. dpk1

June 28, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Eww, Carly. Really? Evan? Eww. (Sorry if that’s mean). :-/

8. cd12

June 28, 2016 at 11:13 AM

I don’t care if people think Des-type ettes are boring, I find them far more enjoyable than these “spunky” wenches. I’m over Jojo and her screen presence reveals a lack of genuine emotion other than bitchiness and desperation where Jordan Rodgers is concerned.

9. pfarrellwelsh

June 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Criticizing JoJo’s grammar? Really? Saying that she said “funnest” made her 3rd grade teacher cringe and then using “gonna,” “gotta,” wanna,”kinda” and “Lets” (instead of Let’s) in the same blog? Kettle meet pot! Newsflash: gonna, gotta, wanna and kinda are not words either! And you, at least, have the benefit of spell-check! I like reading your blog, Steve; but even more annoying than the multiple pop-up ads and the constant freezing of the site, your grammar is horrible! There are a lot of things you could have criticized (or should I say “coulda”?)!

10. mariet

June 28, 2016 at 5:44 PM

Thank you, pfarrellwelsh! I wasn’t going to bother commenting on this: “Really? Funnest? A grown (well, 25 year old) woman still thinks that funnest is a word? By no means am I the Grammar Police since I’ll make the occasional spelling error here and there. But there’s no way I’d ever say funnest.” Occasional? Are you serious? Many times Steve’s sentences don’t even make sense! I have suggested that he have a neighbor, friend, anybody, proofread his columns prior to posting. But no, this 40 year old “writer” refuses. Hopefully, now his niece or nephew will do this for him, I mean, us. (I just come here for the spoilers. I can’t stand the rest of his pompous crap.)

11. jessicat

June 28, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Agreed, mariet.

12. sylas1

June 28, 2016 at 11:11 PM

All you really do is use this site to promote a lot of crap. Sorry, and you are not a good writer.

13. lucyw4

June 29, 2016 at 12:03 AM

I can’t wait for another hideously hilarious break-up song from Carly.

14. adrie

June 29, 2016 at 6:25 AM

I laughed out loud over Carly too – I can’t staaaaannnddd her!! Three engagements over the short period of time filming occurs is absolutely ridiculous. I think they just jumped the shark…

15. samkwa

June 29, 2016 at 8:35 AM

lol Steve has haters. Actual, legit haters who can’t stand him yet can’t quit him.

16. ImBusyB

June 29, 2016 at 8:40 AM

Yet you still come to the site…

17. supersparklyday

June 29, 2016 at 6:35 PM

I luv that 3 couples are gonna get engaged – hilarious!!

The only ones I’ll really be rooting for though, are Carly & Evan. She seems nice and so does he, both with alot of love to give, so why not with the other and they both live in the same city? I give them a fair-to-middling shot. The others don’t have a chance and probably only want the IG followers that J&T have and the million+ dollars they have earned on social media in the last year.

18. srush

June 29, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Amanda has already posted a snapchat of Josh twirling her older daughter around haha

19. texasgurl

June 30, 2016 at 6:33 AM

Re ‘Right Here Waiting’…I sd to my husband when Whiney sd that -Who does he think he is Richard Marx? It would certainly help his case…at least Richard Marx is talented Clearly that song made an impact on us:)

20. srock705

July 21, 2016 at 11:26 AM

James Taylor’s song was sooooo cheesy! Lame!