The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 7 Recap Incl “Men Tell All” Taping This Weekend, & Robby’s Ex Instagram Post

Photo Credit: ABC

-Jordan’s date is up next and they took a private jet to Mendoza and got to play around in a vineyard. And when I say play around, I wasn’t kidding. In a scene from the iconic “I Love Lucy” episode, these two took off their shoes and got to stomp on grapes together. Now, I’m not a wine connoisseur by any means, I’ll be the first to admit that, but even I’m aware that after crushing the grapes don’t they go through like 1,000 other phases before it’s actually turned into wine? These two seriously stomped on grapes, put it in a glass and drank it? We know this show tests for STD’s before they come on, but was there some sort of salmonella testing after this date? That was flat out disgusting. Can we never have that as a date again? What’s next? The lead takes their date to a private dinner and they just regurgitate their meals back to each other the whole night like the family on SNL?

-Jordan and Jojo then do what any couple on a date in the countryside of Argentina would normally do – they get in the hot tub that’s perfectly placed in a vineyard. I can’t say I’ve been to many vineyards in my life. In fact, I can say I’ve never been to a vineyard in my life. But I think I’m accurate when I say that no real vineyard has a hot tub just off to the side so two horn dogs can hop in and have a little fun. You know, play that little game where JoJo sits on Jordan’s lap and they talk about the first thing that pops up. BA-DUM-BUMP. Thank you I’ll be here all week. Try the veal. So since this part of the date was pointless as JoJo and Jordan just groped each other in the tub, they did quick shots back to where the guys were and Chase and Luke were not smiling talking about Jordan as a front runner. It’s serious time and, well, these two are always serious. Like, can someone go tickle them or something? Maybe Chris Rock can come out and do a 5 minute set. Something. ANYTHING to get either of these two robots to show a hint of personality. It’d be nice. Especially since we’re probably looking at a full season of Luke next year, we might want to shoot him up with some 5 Hour Energy or something. Do they have a 2 Month Energy?

-The date card arrives for the group date, and it’s going to be Robby, Chase, and James. One of those guys will know by the end of the date that they’re guaranteed a hometown. And you know what? It’s surely not James. At this point, Robby decided to brag about all the confidence he has in his connection with JoJo. He considers himself a front runner and not Jordan. I think it must be all the chlorine Robby accumulated throughout the years of swimming that has his brain all mush right now. You don’t consider Jordan a front runner Robby? Really? You do realize that 1) JoJo knew who he was before the show even started 2) He got the first impression rose and 3) He got the first kiss, right? What more information do you need to realize Jordan is the frontrunner and not you? A guy who was barely visible for the first four episodes until his 1-on-1 date in Uruguay, where you sprung on her you were in love. It’d be best if you went back to lying about your previous relationship, because your warped sense of reality is quite off-putting.

-On JoJo and Jordan’s dinner, he opens up about his family. Well, the family that he actually talks to. As reported here months ago, Jordan admits to not having a relationship with Aaron. She asks who she’d be meeting and he says, “Mom Darla, Dad Ed, brother Luke. My middle brother won’t be there.” The best part about Jordan telling her that was JoJo coming back with, “And your brother’s name iiiiiiiisssss…?” Oh Good Lord JoJo. At least pretend you don’t think your audience are morons. “Me and Aaron don’t really have much of a relationship…it’s the way he’s chosen to do life…I’ve chosen to stay close to my family, and my parents, and my other brother.” Ouch. If only Aaron and Olivia watched the show and cared, maybe they would’ve taken to social media to respond. Can someone ask Aaron at training camp what he thinks of his brother selling him out on national television like that? Granted, it’s nothing you haven’t heard before. I’ve stated quite a few times that Aaron and Olivia are the ones that are separated from the rest of the Rodgers’ family. You can tell Jordan is bothered by it and decided to tell an audience of 7 million. Lovely. I hope there’s a response in some way by Aaron or Olivia. That’ll make this much juicier.

-So Jordan feeling like he’s just opened up enough about his family needs to drop some serious truth on JoJo now. We’re right before hometowns so all the guys have to step up their BS game to ensure JoJo gets to meet their dysfunctional families that allowed them to participate in this silly game show. Jordan: “I’m so in love with you…it’s been a couple weeks since I knew it was happening…it’s so real.” I mean, we couldn’t see what JoJo was sitting on, but I’m guessing when she got up from that seat they probably had to squeegee it down. Just sayin’. I mean, she’s basically been waiting to hear that since night one. Now she finally gets it in the beautiful countryside of Argentina? Yeah, I’m guessing she was feeling a little tingly over that one. As for Jordan, he’s played this exactly how I told you he would this season. Charmed her pants off, said all the right things, never went into detail about his past girls, and knew what he had to do to get ahead and ultimately win. Thank God we’re only 3 weeks away from finally getting to the end of the JoJo and Jordan show. I’m getting kinda loopy watching these two.

1. crushonspivey

July 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Be funny if the Rodgers family talked about all the gay rumors that surround Aaron next episode. No clue if they are true, and doubt they are, but they plague that guy. Then combine it with him deciding to separate himself from his family, and it does make you wonder about the guy. Jordan did seem tortured by that relationship–or lack thereof.

Poor Alex. That Argentine horse had a better chance at being mounted by Jojo than he did/does. And I was seriously hoping they’d have a miniature horse for Alex to ride on that date.

Still just a really bad editing and production job this season. Have hard time seeing Jojo really finding a deep connection with any of these guys. Focused on the wrong things for far too long, the wrong guys. The hook for the show–finding love–is really not there this time. It is just a farce, and for that, I can watch a show that makes fun of this one and has better jokes.

July 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I’m at the point of giving up. Yeah, these shows are boring as hell & the recaps keep it somewhat interesting. But, I mean, we’re at the point where everyone is giving their “I’m falling in love with you” scripted statements on cue. I guess it would be ridiculous to expect any genuine emotion, but geez, they’re just mailing it in this season.

Oh, and I guess I see where JoJo is into Rajahs. But clearly he’s just playing the game. So you can’t have the JoJo and Jordan show RS has been talking about with only 50% of the pair participating IMO.

3. chrisoulaf

July 12, 2016 at 11:39 AM

RS, your interpretation is way off. How did Jordan sell Aaron out on national television like that? Jordan opened up about his family since hometown dates are next and was honest about the non-existent relationship. It wasn’t a knock and it wasn’t a sell out, it felt very authentic and the whole family is obviously bothered by it. Not to mention, Aaron doesn’t seem to have much of a relationship with anyone else in the family…that says a lot about Aaron and Olivia. Jordan handled himself very well…not sure what show you were watching last night???

Jordan gets attacked because he’s ridiculously attractive, articulate and a threat to everyone there. The guys focus on him because they see that JoJo has fallen hard. Jealousy rears its ugly head.

4. thisshow

July 12, 2016 at 12:27 PM

That other Rodgers brother seems like a mega douche. Not Aaron, the other one. Doubt Olivia is the big bad evil culprit, though I’m sure the family would prefer someone a little more docile for their son. rme Anyway, boring season indeed. IA that Jojo is all over Jordan, and he’s just playing along. How long can he keep it up post show?

5. purplerayne

July 12, 2016 at 12:29 PM

“Jordan gets attacked because he’s ridiculously attractive, articulate and a threat to everyone there…”

LOL x 100000000000

6. angelfish

July 12, 2016 at 1:07 PM

I don’t really see the endgame as JoJo dumping Jordan so much as Jordan ditching her as soon as he gets a decent break.

We really don’t have any info on his supposed commentator job, but I don’t see him taking JoJo the needy albatross along for the ride. I think he can ultimately do better than a Texas house flipper still in love with her hairdresser.

7. llevin

July 12, 2016 at 1:34 PM

Your site sucks. It is impossible to comment, due to the fact that it keeps saying “unresponsive scripts.” The pop up ads are so intrusive that I have 3 open windows at any given time. You will not pay the bills with these ads because people are giving up on trying to navigate this site. I’ve tried different devices, pcs, macs, safari, Firefox, chrome, explorer, whatever I use does not work. Please don’t force me to give up on you, but I can’t take the frustration of not being able to access your content. Plus, the pictures at the bottom of your site (the ads) are always disgusting.

July 12, 2016 at 1:55 PM

The site is really bad. Not as bad today, but it periodically is very jumpy and it keeps causing my browser to crash. Sometimes I type in a comment & lose it to a system crash. I mean you can only load so much crap on one site. RS must set the record for ads he crams into this site. So, what do we expect the site to be like? I live with it, but it is the worst website I’ve ever encountered. The recent “improvements” were superficial. The site looks a little better, but it still performs terribly. I never really cared how it looked either.

9. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I’m with you 100% chrisoulaf! Everyone’s jumping on the band wagon bashing Jordan today for selling out his brother Aaron. In my opinion Jordan was very tactful when explaining the situation to Jojo and I cannot see any reason his brother would be upset about it. After all, his non relationship with Aaron was all over the internet when Jordan was first announced as a cast member on the show. So what’s the big deal? I didn’t hear him say one bad thing about Aaron…just that he chooses to keep to himself. Furthermore, I don’t get all the Jordan haters out there. f I were in Jojo’s shoes, he’d be my pick too! And Chase as a runner-up, with Luke running a close 3rd. Robby to me is the real douchebag…he’s got total player written all over him.

10. mauichick

July 12, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Pretty sure Steve DOES already pay his bills from the ads on the site. And recently hit his record day on page visits. But yeah, the ads at the bottom are quite gross sometimes.

11. cjscjs711

July 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM

I never see one single ad on this page, and nothing at the bottom. And never have any “jumping”, crashing, etc. I use Adblock Plus, the free version. With some ad-block programs, they open and close the ads in the background so RS would still get his income from the ads (many advertisers pay by the click into their ad, as probably his do).

Why should Jordan paint his brother in any light other than what is, is? Aaron is famous, he won’t be at the hometown, not as a slap in the face to the show, but just nonvisiting as usual. If Jordan doesn’t like people to know he doesn’t visit his family, then he should visit his family, not shoot the messenger.

12. supersparklyday

July 13, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I have zero problems with this site and I am using a Galaxy S4. Don’t know what anyone else’s problems could be.

Okay, I have to day that I like JoJo, she is gorgeous and is great on camera – BUT I also have to say she is the worst Bachelorette at acting, ie,acting like she’s interested in her date if their name isn’t Jordan, Roby or Like. That last date with Alex was painful to watch, and when she called him “a cute little gaucho, I knew he was toast – burnt toast. She may have “tried” to make that date interesting – but if she did, it was an EPIC fail ! JoJo, you could at least “try”. Not every guy can be Jordan, ya know.

The group date was b-o-r-i-n-g
    Can’t the producers have a Plan B for situations like that?

And hey, Steve, clean up your act. Saying that the seat JoJo was on probably needed to be squeegeed after she got up was just gross. Not your usual vulgarity – just classless. You just don’t get it that not everyone thinks like you do and you could at least TRY to make the column non-insulting to women.