The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 7 Recap Incl “Men Tell All” Taping This Weekend, & Robby’s Ex Instagram Post

Photo Credit: ABC

-Next up is Luke’s date. Well, if you can even call that a date. There’s been 32 seasons of this show. Now, I can’t say I remember every single date this show has ever had, but I’m pretty confident that Luke’s date last night (an important one considering it’s in the episode right before hometowns) that got a whopping 5 minutes of screen time, is the shortest 1-on-1 date this show has ever seen. Alex’s date at the beginning of the show literally got 25 minutes of airtime and I believe two commercial breaks. Luke barely got to 5 minutes before the date was over and he was back talking to the other guys. Shows you how much they think of the Luke and JoJo relationship. I’m sorry, but if any of you even had a smidgen of thought that Luke somehow wins this thing, his 5 minutes of airtime last night should’ve dashed all your hopes. They don’t do that to the person who gets picked in the end. Ever.

-Maybe one reason why they had to cut the Luke and JoJo date short on airtime was because Luke had to be medically evacuated away from the date because his pants were on so tight, it started cutting off circulation to his brain. Holy sprayed on pants, Batman. I think Luke’s jeans were as tight on him as JoJo’s were on her. I never thought that was possible but by golly, Luke seemed to pull it off last night. The metro country boy might want to invest in some jeans that actually make his nuts breathe. I think you can get sperm defects from riding your jeans so tight up your crotch, Luke. When you’re ultimately the next “Bachelor,” tell Cary Fetman to loosen those things up. Maybe that’s why JoJo dumps him? He has a better Inner Thigh Gap than she does. You never know.

-On their mini date, they went on a small horse back ride and did some skeet shooting. Man, they really didn’t care to put any effort into this date considering we already had a date in the same episode that had horseback riding with Alex. Sucks for you, Luke. Hey, but at least they’ll probably think of some crazy, fun things to do with you and your girls next season. You know, assuming you get to be the lead. One suggestion: No horse back riding. It’s played out and I’m sick of it. As for the skeet shooting, Luke was totally in his element. JoJo? Not so much. Whether or not we actually believe that she actually nailed one of those plates since we never shot her, the gun, and the plates exploding in the same shot is up for debate. My guess would be no. I’ve never been skeet shooting outside of playing “Duck Hunt” on Nintendo or at the fair, but I gotta believe someone who hasn’t done that multiple times would be able to tag a flying target. But maybe that’s just my skepticism. Or could be just the fact it’s impossible to truly believe anything we see on this show. One or the other.

-Sooooooo, yep. That was their date. Yeah, they went to the stables and made out for a little bit and Luke fed her all the lines one is asked to at this point in the game, but essentially, that’s the whole date. Not even a nighttime portion over dinner where they talk about their feelings more, or a hot tub scene, or even breaking the 5 minute mark on TV. Just horseback, skeet shooting, make out at the barn – done. Luke goes back and tells the guys that the rose ceremony is happening that night and they kinda freak out. Well, James and Chase do since they’re pretty sure it’s between them to be going home.

-Rose ceremony time. Robby is safe with his group date rose, something I’m sure he’ll be making t-shirts, posters, pins, and buttons about any minute now. JoJo: “I remember this rose ceremony for me last season (Shocker, she almost made it a whole episode without referencing last season)…hard night…follow my heart…navigate these relationships…goodbye is really tough…except when you cut your date w/ Luke short and make the rose ceremony that night since you knew exactly who you wanted to eliminate. Meh, details.”

Luke: Relaxed fit True Religion, Luke. There. Don’t say I’m not here to help you.
Jordan: Still waiting on some social media acknowledgement from Aaron or Olivia that Jordan is a person who exists on this planet.

“JoJo, gentleman, this is the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. It’s been two weeks since I’ve been on camera and damn it feels good to be back! The Harrison is back mf’ers! Hey, do you realize that I’ll be taping ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’ in Vegas the same weekend that Reality Steve is having his party? Steve, why don’t you come join us in the audience. It’d be a pleasure to have you.” (No thanks Chris. I’d rather gauge my eyes out with a butter knife, but thanks for the invite).

Chase: Well, someone had to get the rose.

I actually thought James handled himself about as well as one could in that situation last night. Seemed genuine. He then took to Instagram last night and posted this after watching:

No caption. Just watch @luke__pell @jrodgers11 @roberthunter89 @chase_brody_mcnary @joelle_fletcher

A video posted by James Taylor (@jamesmccoytaylor) on

It’s funny, you see his reaction last night on the show, then you watch that IG clip and you think he seems sincere. Yet, you have his relative posting on message boards saying that James really never even got to know her that well and wasn’t all that into her and it brings you back to reality. These people are all acting in some form or fashion. Some are just better than others.

So there you go. We’re down to our final four with hometowns beginning next week. Two of them were spoiled in real time as we saw plenty of pictures from Robby and Jordan’s hometown date back in April. Next week is also the episode where we see JoJo wailing away at the end of the episode crying uncontrollably. I mean, she somehow managed to whip up a few tears sending James away, so I guess it must be tough on her to let Luke go next week. Whatever the case, it should be interesting.

Send all links and emails to: steve@realitysteve.com. To follow me on Twitter, it’s: www.twitter.com/RealitySteve. Instagram name is “RealitySteve,” or join my Reality Steve Facebook Fan Page. Talk to you tomorrow.

1. crushonspivey

July 12, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Be funny if the Rodgers family talked about all the gay rumors that surround Aaron next episode. No clue if they are true, and doubt they are, but they plague that guy. Then combine it with him deciding to separate himself from his family, and it does make you wonder about the guy. Jordan did seem tortured by that relationship–or lack thereof.

Poor Alex. That Argentine horse had a better chance at being mounted by Jojo than he did/does. And I was seriously hoping they’d have a miniature horse for Alex to ride on that date.

Still just a really bad editing and production job this season. Have hard time seeing Jojo really finding a deep connection with any of these guys. Focused on the wrong things for far too long, the wrong guys. The hook for the show–finding love–is really not there this time. It is just a farce, and for that, I can watch a show that makes fun of this one and has better jokes.

July 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM

I’m at the point of giving up. Yeah, these shows are boring as hell & the recaps keep it somewhat interesting. But, I mean, we’re at the point where everyone is giving their “I’m falling in love with you” scripted statements on cue. I guess it would be ridiculous to expect any genuine emotion, but geez, they’re just mailing it in this season.

Oh, and I guess I see where JoJo is into Rajahs. But clearly he’s just playing the game. So you can’t have the JoJo and Jordan show RS has been talking about with only 50% of the pair participating IMO.

3. chrisoulaf

July 12, 2016 at 11:39 AM

RS, your interpretation is way off. How did Jordan sell Aaron out on national television like that? Jordan opened up about his family since hometown dates are next and was honest about the non-existent relationship. It wasn’t a knock and it wasn’t a sell out, it felt very authentic and the whole family is obviously bothered by it. Not to mention, Aaron doesn’t seem to have much of a relationship with anyone else in the family…that says a lot about Aaron and Olivia. Jordan handled himself very well…not sure what show you were watching last night???

Jordan gets attacked because he’s ridiculously attractive, articulate and a threat to everyone there. The guys focus on him because they see that JoJo has fallen hard. Jealousy rears its ugly head.

4. thisshow

July 12, 2016 at 12:27 PM

That other Rodgers brother seems like a mega douche. Not Aaron, the other one. Doubt Olivia is the big bad evil culprit, though I’m sure the family would prefer someone a little more docile for their son. rme Anyway, boring season indeed. IA that Jojo is all over Jordan, and he’s just playing along. How long can he keep it up post show?

5. purplerayne

July 12, 2016 at 12:29 PM

“Jordan gets attacked because he’s ridiculously attractive, articulate and a threat to everyone there…”

LOL x 100000000000

6. angelfish

July 12, 2016 at 1:07 PM

I don’t really see the endgame as JoJo dumping Jordan so much as Jordan ditching her as soon as he gets a decent break.

We really don’t have any info on his supposed commentator job, but I don’t see him taking JoJo the needy albatross along for the ride. I think he can ultimately do better than a Texas house flipper still in love with her hairdresser.

7. llevin

July 12, 2016 at 1:34 PM

Your site sucks. It is impossible to comment, due to the fact that it keeps saying “unresponsive scripts.” The pop up ads are so intrusive that I have 3 open windows at any given time. You will not pay the bills with these ads because people are giving up on trying to navigate this site. I’ve tried different devices, pcs, macs, safari, Firefox, chrome, explorer, whatever I use does not work. Please don’t force me to give up on you, but I can’t take the frustration of not being able to access your content. Plus, the pictures at the bottom of your site (the ads) are always disgusting.

July 12, 2016 at 1:55 PM

The site is really bad. Not as bad today, but it periodically is very jumpy and it keeps causing my browser to crash. Sometimes I type in a comment & lose it to a system crash. I mean you can only load so much crap on one site. RS must set the record for ads he crams into this site. So, what do we expect the site to be like? I live with it, but it is the worst website I’ve ever encountered. The recent “improvements” were superficial. The site looks a little better, but it still performs terribly. I never really cared how it looked either.

9. ctrealitygirl

July 12, 2016 at 3:11 PM

I’m with you 100% chrisoulaf! Everyone’s jumping on the band wagon bashing Jordan today for selling out his brother Aaron. In my opinion Jordan was very tactful when explaining the situation to Jojo and I cannot see any reason his brother would be upset about it. After all, his non relationship with Aaron was all over the internet when Jordan was first announced as a cast member on the show. So what’s the big deal? I didn’t hear him say one bad thing about Aaron…just that he chooses to keep to himself. Furthermore, I don’t get all the Jordan haters out there. f I were in Jojo’s shoes, he’d be my pick too! And Chase as a runner-up, with Luke running a close 3rd. Robby to me is the real douchebag…he’s got total player written all over him.

10. mauichick

July 12, 2016 at 9:43 PM

Pretty sure Steve DOES already pay his bills from the ads on the site. And recently hit his record day on page visits. But yeah, the ads at the bottom are quite gross sometimes.

11. cjscjs711

July 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM

I never see one single ad on this page, and nothing at the bottom. And never have any “jumping”, crashing, etc. I use Adblock Plus, the free version. With some ad-block programs, they open and close the ads in the background so RS would still get his income from the ads (many advertisers pay by the click into their ad, as probably his do).

Why should Jordan paint his brother in any light other than what is, is? Aaron is famous, he won’t be at the hometown, not as a slap in the face to the show, but just nonvisiting as usual. If Jordan doesn’t like people to know he doesn’t visit his family, then he should visit his family, not shoot the messenger.

12. supersparklyday

July 13, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I have zero problems with this site and I am using a Galaxy S4. Don’t know what anyone else’s problems could be.

Okay, I have to day that I like JoJo, she is gorgeous and is great on camera – BUT I also have to say she is the worst Bachelorette at acting, ie,acting like she’s interested in her date if their name isn’t Jordan, Roby or Like. That last date with Alex was painful to watch, and when she called him “a cute little gaucho, I knew he was toast – burnt toast. She may have “tried” to make that date interesting – but if she did, it was an EPIC fail ! JoJo, you could at least “try”. Not every guy can be Jordan, ya know.

The group date was b-o-r-i-n-g
    Can’t the producers have a Plan B for situations like that?

And hey, Steve, clean up your act. Saying that the seat JoJo was on probably needed to be squeegeed after she got up was just gross. Not your usual vulgarity – just classless. You just don’t get it that not everyone thinks like you do and you could at least TRY to make the column non-insulting to women.