Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” Aaron on HBO Tonight, My Access Hollywood Appearance, & An Update on the Live Video Chat

aaronolivia

As you know, Spreecast went out of business so there hasn’t been any live chats in at least a month. I think that’s about to change. I found a great partner in Crowdcast that does pretty much everything Spreecast does and then some. I have another video call with them today, but if all goes well, and I can get up to speed on their set up, I’m thinking we might have a live video chat tomorrow. Obviously this will be a transition and there will be some kinks to work out, but from everything I’ve gathered so far, it should run pretty smoothly. I think the best part about it is the archived feature. I know a lot of you can’t watch it live, so you watch the replay. In the past, there weren’t any markers to fast forward to something maybe you wanted to hear. With Crowdcast, if you watch the show on replay, you’ll see the list of every question I answered during the live chat and you can just skip to each question to hear my answer. Spreecast didn’t have that feature. So tomorrow I will let you know for sure if we’re a go for a live chat tomorrow night. I think we will be but I’ll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Forgot to mention the ratings in yesterday’s column. Monday’s episode drew 6.75 million viewers with a 1.9 rating, slightly below the last new episode that aired on June 27th. Kaitlyn’s 7th episode last season drew 6.6 million viewers and a 1.9 rating. So things look to be on track as basically every one of JoJo’s episodes outdrew Kaitlyn’s except for one.

Late last night, Bill Simmons of HBO sent out a tweet promoting his “Any Given Wednesday” show airing tonight, and Aaron Rodgers is one of his guests. I believe Bill tapes his show on Tuesdays (there’s only been 3 so far), but even if it was taped Monday, Bill is a big enough fan of the “Bachelor” franchise that there’s no way he didn’t ask Aaron about Jordan’s participation on the show. Will be interesting to see what Aaron says about it, if anything. Maybe he’ll give us a little more, or maybe he’ll avoid it entirely. We’ll find out tonight. “Any Given Wednesdays” airs tonight at 10/9c on HBO.

Get your “Dr. Reality Steve” emails in for tomorrow. Right one I’m at 3 or 4 but looking to get in the 6 or 8 range. A few more confirmations for the party in Vegas on the 29th yesterday, which means availability is becoming more limited. I can still get a few more in, so if you’re interested, let me know as soon as possible and I can probably get it done. Just email me with how many are in your party, their names, and if you’re flying or driving in.

Former “Bachelorette” contestant, Justin “Rated R” Rego, spoke with ET last night about how the show creates their villains. He would definitely know since he was without a doubt one of the most memorable characters from his season. Nothing earth shattering here, but it’s always good to hear a former contestant not afraid to speak out about what really goes on behind the scenes.

Yesterday, I appeared briefly on “Access Hollywood” talking about the “Bachelorette,” but mostly about Jordan.

And finally, tonight I will be sitting down with @TomiLahren in studio on TheBlaze TV to talk about the “Bachelorette” as well. I should have a clip from that appearance tomorrow if you’re not a subscriber or can’t view TheBlaze TV.

1. cjscjs711

July 13, 2016 at 9:52 AM

Bukowski – probably reference to Henry Charles Bukowski. Famous American writer and poet known for pithy quotes, common sense and iconclastic at the same time. Gravestone says, “Don’t try”

2. elizabeth82

July 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM

-I agree, the shirt must be referencing Charles Bukowski.

-I would be interested in a whole column breaking down the contestants monetizing Instagram. Doooo it

-Is there no such thing as an unattractive woman with money either? Totally different question, isnt’ it?

3. purplerayne

July 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Im embarrassed for the person, ANY person, that thought the Bukowski tshirt had anything to do with the Bachelor. Jesus. I love this site, for the gossip and the fan commentary, but Steve really comes across as ignorant. I recall that the couldn’t even pinpoint where Pantagonia is on the map. For real?

He should also try to answer questions instead of giving smart azz replies. Maybe this is why more people dont write in.

4. purplerayne

July 13, 2016 at 1:12 PM

patagonia! jesus, never type and eat at the same time people.

July 13, 2016 at 1:57 PM

I rather suspect that if RS was a Rocket Scientist, a Geography major or a Grammar Nazi, he wouldn’t be blogging about The Bachelor. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. These days, we don’t have Journalism majors and English majors who do the majority of the nation’s writing for newspapers and magazines. Those days are close to over. For that matter, we don’t even have real trained actors on many of the TV shows today. It may be lamentable, in some ways, but that doesn’t change the reality.

6. cjscjs711

July 13, 2016 at 3:58 PM

On the “building a brand” question, it used to drive me nuts when they began applying this term to not just businesses with an actual product but to individuals and small businesses. The way the term is used now, everyone technically has ‘a brand’.

Good or bad, strong or weak; anywhere in between. It refers to your reputation, your influence, in what sphere, with what products and services, topics, relevance, etc. So these contestants by adding more followers who actually follow their content means they can reach, influence, or sell to more people the stronger their ‘brand’ is and how relevant to a particular product or market.

Knowing the demographic of “The Bachelor”, therefore when these contestants have an unusually large following, people can surmise what demographic they’re tapping into by engaging that contestant.

7. justa_viewer

July 13, 2016 at 6:31 PM

I clicked the Justin Rego link and read the article. I’m both amused and annoyed that some contestants on Bachelor/Bach’ette apparently feel they should be able to leave the show as soon as they see that there is not going to be a connection with the lead.

I get that some folks might not want to stick around once they feel that they are “out of the running” and at some point will be ignominiously terminated. But if everyone could leave as soon as they had this feeling, there would be no show. And you signed up to be a character on a season of a TV show, people! Sheesh, suck it up and do your job.

Of course, what with the allure of the opportunity to further one’s brand, etc., I imagine fewer contestants are in a hurry to leave the show these days, even if they think they’re not going to win.

8. mariet

July 13, 2016 at 8:09 PM

@Rob22 Steve constantly promotes himself as a “writer” and I think he has said his major was in Journalism. He needs to stop being so arrogant. I’m embarrassed for him. How many times has he shown his ignorance of places, people, issues, etc. Good Lord, has he not heard of Google? #justhereforthespoilers #whichisfun