The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 8 Recap Incl an Email From Robby’s Ex, & (EXCLUSIVE) What Happens on the Overnight Dates?

JoJocrying
Photo Credit: ABC

A lot has been going on recently, especially in recent days, so I figured I might as well finally address it. For a while now, things have been going back and forth and I don’t think any of us really knew the true story behind everything. There are a lot of things happening in the world, usually stuff I never address because it’s such divisive content and basically it brings out the worst in people. But when it’s everywhere on social media, and I like to think I have somewhat of a voice on these sorts of things where if I present a logical explanation, maybe people will at least listen to a side that they hadn’t thought of before. Maybe they won’t. But I feel stuff like this has gone on too long for me not to at least weigh in on what’s been happening, because frankly enough is enough. It’s out there. We might as well talk about it. No hiding anymore. So I’m going to make this as short and sweet as possible: I’m #TeamTaylor. Any questions?

Lets immediately get to last night’s episode and what to expect next week. I can tell you that despite how they make it look with JoJo wailing away over Luke’s last minute “I Love You” admission, she does eliminate Luke at the rose ceremony. Basically, Luke’s response is he thought she already knew. He’s stunned, he can’t believe it, and he thought they were on the same page blah blah blah. But yeah, even more of a set up to make him the “Bachelor” next season. As for the overnight dates, I can tell you that on Chase’s date, JoJo accepts the fantasy suite card, but while they’re in the fantasy suite she tells him she just isn’t feeling it, and she lets him go right there. Ouch. Major blue balls on that one. Not like, literally when they are rolling around in bed, but when they get back to the fantasy suite and are talking, that’s when she lets him go. So Chase is sent home before the rose ceremony and Jordan and Robby are your final two. Both Luke and Chase were at the “Men Tell All” this past weekend and are called up to the “hot seat” to discuss their eliminations. I’ve heard Chase is still a little bothered by JoJo accepting the fantasy suite card, but then not going through with it. All your MTA spoilers will be up tomorrow.

Nine days away from the Reality Steve Fan Appreciation Party in Las Vegas. There are a few spots left if you’re interested, email me ASAP. It’s first come first serve at this point. Costs you nothing, free food and open beer and wine bar, plus the 2nd Annual Trivia Contest. I’ve already written the questions. Tough to say if they are easy or hard because, well, this is my job so they seem easy to me. We will be periscoping it again like last year, so, if you want to follow along, you can. Granted if you’re on the east coast, it probably won’t be starting til midnight for you. But it should be fun. Thanks to everyone who’s already coming.

For those that missed it, the return of the live video chat was Thursday, and outside of glitches in the beginning which I’m pretty sure I have corrected, things went well. The best feature is now that you can go back and watch if you missed it, and you can scroll through every question I answered, and go directly to that question in the broadcast. I’m sure that helps people who don’t feel like watching an hour of me answering questions when you have no idea what I answered or when I answered it. So skip down a few posts on this page you’ll see last Thursday’s broadcast. All you have to do is create an account, or sign in through Twitter, Facebook, or Google. We’re back again this week for anyone that wants to participate.

Get your “Reader Emails” and “Dr. Reality Steve” emails in to be published this week. Plenty of time for you to ask me, “OMG, what happens with Luke next week?” Well, stick around a few more paragraphs and I’ll tell you. But get those emails in as I’ll be answering those the next couple days. Also, check out Nell Kalter’s RHOC recap up now for your viewing pleasure. If you wanna read her “Are You The One?” recap, scroll down one post.

Another funny “Robby begging people to promote him story” from yesterday. You probably missed it because it wasn’t up that long, but Chase Chrisley from that God awful show on USA posted a pic with Robby yesterday that I luckily got a screen shot of:

ChaseIG1

ChaseIG2

I say luckily because it was taken down shortly thereafter since moron Chase forgot to delete what was obviously Robby’s message to him about “putting this on Instagram because it would help.” Essentially the same exact wording he sent to JJ and Tanner in private messages that Chad posted. The guy is trying so hard to get his name out there in hopes to be the “Bachelor” and become more relevant, and he’s failing miserably. But hey, good effort.

So lets get to the nuts and bolts of last night’s hometown with Robby, and that surrounds his claims that he didn’t break up with Hope to go on the show and, according to his exact words, they “broke up over Christmas break after a fight and he hasn’t spoken to her since.” Lie. You saw the Christmas pajamas picture I posted 2 months ago that I had to refresh people’s minds about on Twitter last night:

So do you honestly think after that day he never spoke to her again? Exactly. So it already throws his credibility in question. If there’s a part of you that does want to believe him and think that the Christmas picture is the last time he said a word to her and that was the night they got in a fight and she slapped him, well, apparently he wasn’t too affected by it because they spent New Year’s together this year as well:

HopeRobby1

You got Robby saying last night the relationship was over 9 months before he actually ended it, yet, in November of last year, the two of them took a trip to Italy together. Then you have the Christmas pajama picture, then you have the New Year’s picture. So his timeline is obviously a lie and he’s trying to protect himself. Look Robby, plenty of guys have broken up with their girlfriend to go on this show. It’s not like you’re the first. But when you try so badly to cover it up, and do a horrible job of it, you’re making it look worse for yourself. The bottom line is there is no chance that he wasn’t in talks already with the show while he was still talking to/together with/hooking up with Hope, his girlfriend of 4 years. So it’s just not believable that breaking up with her had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with you coming on the show.

After all that played out last night, I figured it was time to get Hope’s side of the story. Robby and his family have certainly been spewing their side on the show and on social media, so why haven’t we heard anything from Hope other than an IG post last week saying, “Why you lyin?” That’s really it. I emailed Hope requesting an interview and received this response from her yesterday.
_______________________________________________________________

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to follow through with the interview you requested. It has been brought to my attention by the opposing party that any further actions on my part, will result in negative consequences. Many people (including myself) have been deeply hurt by the situation, and I do not want to add to, or prolong the negativity. I never signed up for my previous relationship to be advertised to the world, nor did I sign up to have America judging my past as well as my future. With that being said, only Robby and I know the words spoken and events, leading up to our break up toward the end of January. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you can respect my wishes to move on, and leave that part of my past where it should be… in the past.

Best wishes & thanks again,

Hope
_______________________________________________________________

Wow. So now Robby and/or the family is threatening her if she speaks? How classy. If that’s the case, then I’m absolutely fine with her not doing an interview. Sure for selfish reasons I would’ve liked to have spoken with Hope, and it sucks she was bullied by them not to talk, but I’ll respect her wishes. However I think that email tells you all you need to know about this situation and how ridiculous it’s gotten. I “hope” for everyone’s sake, they get over themselves.

And her roommate Alex never said anything either. As I tweeted out last night, I’ve never spoken to, emailed, texted or had any contact with Alex before. Hell, I didn’t even know Hope had a roommate until it was mentioned on the show. But this morning, Alex emailed me about my tweet from last night:
_______________________________________________________________

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the tweet from last night. I never spoke to anyone ever, and people need to remember there’s always a receiving end to hurtful untrue statements.

Alex
_______________________________________________________________

So today’s poll question is simple. Do you buy Robby’s story?

1. dogmomma

July 19, 2016 at 10:44 AM

This season was so hard to watch. JoJo is an attractive girl and her clothes were beautiful, but she didn’t seem to have any kind of personality other than someone who needed constant reassurance from men. The editing has been worse than normal, and the guys were the least believable of almost any other group. And to make things even worse, her final 2 were two of the biggest D-bags of the season, although there were several others that were right up there with them. I hope that Luke’s season isn’t a total joke, but it seems that this franchise has turned to gimmicks and fake drama in order to stay relevant.

2. jamie0811

July 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I love you even more now. #teamtaylor

3. crushonspivey

July 19, 2016 at 11:20 AM

dogmomma, I really like JoJo, I just think she is awful at choosing men. And the guys she had weren’t that great, but her final 2 were on her and were really bad choices for her. And based on her previous boyfriend as well, it shows she has a problem with choosing guys. Still does.

#TeamNoneOfThem. There are no winners in that battle. They all suck.

4. cjscjs711

July 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Have to admit, my reading of paragraph one Steve, ended in astonishment. After such a solemn and measured introduction, I was expecting a comment on the lives lost in Dallas (since you do live in Texas) or controversial commentary on why some or all Americans are so hated by certain populations, etc. Instead, the huge deal was about Taylor Swift? I had to Google it to make sure I hadn’t overlooked something earth shattering. But I saw the names Kardashians, Kim and Kanye and closed the browser window thinking, “Who the hell cares, whatever the personal matter of theirs is.”

@Dogmomma this season seems especially forced and hard to watch. The parts that actually seemed the least forced were the scenes involving Chad.

Not sure I’d jump to the conclusion it’s just Robbie and/or his family silencing Holly. It honestly isn’t even necessary for her to say anything, his denial on TV rings so false it reminds me of a bad, poorly-rehearsed soap opera.

5. cd12

July 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM

It’s so bad, I put off watching the episodes. Even Kaitlyn’s season felt more romantic. This is Jordan’s show and Jojo is doing the chasing. And when she’s not hanging on Jordan, she comes off as more of a girl”friend” or mother figure than a love interest with the others. And Robby is ridiculous with his self-created couple name. They can’t work around his bad acting, which is probably why their progression on screen is non-existent. Good luck to Jojo and Jordan.

6. bachelorwiseguy

July 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM

@cjscjs711, expecting some sort of social commentary from RS is delusional.

Yes, Jojo has no guy instinct for picking the right guy… except for Ben, lol. This is probably the worst season ever. Oh, wait, there was the Brit Matt Grant. Nevermind.

I’ll get right to it. I have inside Chico sources tied deeply to the Rodgers family. Here is the deal: Jordan and his old GF were tight with Aaron & Olivia Munn. So much so that Olivia hired GF as a personal assistant. When Jordan cheated Aaron & Olivia found out, so Oliva told the GF. So there is the reason Jordan and Aaron do not speak. Aaron was not happy when Jordan went on he show feeling he was only trying to promote himself on Aaron’s success. Also, the older brother Luke was caught talking crap about Aaron in a popular Chico bar and word got back to Aaron. Family and former coaches were involved and Luke told he F’d up. Another Rodgers not so well kept secret is that the parents are not a fan of Olivia Munn.

Now…Jojo does pick Jordan as the so called “winner.” But they’ve already broken up so I cant wait to see ATFR.

Follow me on Twitter @bachelorwiseguy for snarky comments and observations!

7. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have to agree that this is the #mostforcedseasonever haha! Man, this show is pure desperation now and Luke’s won’t be any better. This bunch are the worst actors. Poke me with a fork I think I’m done.

8. missannmcd

July 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Are you seriously gonna ride RS’s site for your own 15 mins? LAME. Go away troll!

9. avatarista

July 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM

I vote Hope as the next Bachelorette!

10. angelfish

July 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Too funny that “bachelorwiseguy” seems to think he has some kind of “scoop” regarding info Steve reported months ago! LOL!

I’m #teamanybodybutkanye because he’s a disgusting and delusional thug.

11. samkwa

July 19, 2016 at 2:35 PM

So many Aaron mentions. Luke Rodgers called him “the other brother.” I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this guy holds the deepest grudge. The father threw shade about fame changing a person. And Jojo thinking she knows this family inside and out and “Jordan is nobody’s brother.” So icky if that’s what they were going for. Icky, icky show. lol

12. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:28 PM

First off, I didn’t like Jojo from the onset. She’s too fake and its obvious to me that she is also in it for her five minutes of fame. That said, she deserves Robbie. They will end up done with their fake relationship before the Final Rose airs, if not already! Second, if Luke is smart he puts his foot down now in regards to him being the next bachelor. He should INSIST that he will only agree to be on the show if they get him REAL ladies and not a bunch of fame hounds! After all, he is one that seems genuine and whomever he ends up with will have to live on a farm and adapt to his lifestyle. Why put the guy through it all and have some bimbo decide one month latet that the lifestyle wasn’t for her. It’s the same crap every season! BACHELOR FRANCHISE GET SOME “REAL” people! You will still get drama but at least all will have true intentions! JEEZ!!

13. debsab4

July 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Right on MOMMA!!

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 19, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I don’t mind JoJo. She seems like a kind person. I don’t think you can really make a judgment on the “wow” factor of someone’s personality based on their appearance and edit on this show.

I do agree with others who have commented about the pack of duds she has on this show. The only one who seemed genuine to me in the end was Chase. I absolutely cannot stand Jordan. I hate his stupid hair, I hate the way he walks, I hate his skinny jeans and I hate the way he gropes and mauls JoJo. He has a huge icky factor in my book.

Robby is just so plastic. No appeal to be with a guy who seems to put more effort into his looks than his girl.

I find the show entertaining, but this season is overall pretty dull.

15. linds

July 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I feel the same way about Chase! He has seemed the most genuine.

16. LM111

July 19, 2016 at 9:30 PM

I’m sure the producers forced it, BUT… Jojo mentioned Aaron’s name SO MANY TIMES it made her look like an obsessed fan. I mean, come on, if Jordon said he had a riff with his older brother, she wouldn’t be hounding him like that. Painful to watch. I can only imagine how annoyed I’d be if I were Jordon.

Point #2 – Jordon, for the love of God, get rid of the skinny pants! They make you look way too feminine to be straight.

Point #3 – Luke was the only marriage-able guy in the final four, but he forgot one thing… people like to be around happy people… when you never smile, you’re not much fun to hang out with.

17. LynnMJ

July 19, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Haha…did anyone else hear Robbie say “I’m going to nip this in the butt”? It’s “bud”, Robbie.

18. cheriev

July 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM

I am adding a new t shirt to my collection to go with my ” nobody for president ”

And Jojo’s final 2?- ” nobody for husband ”

Too bad the final 2 both have girl drama seems her picker is off and I’m not sure but I feel like she is one of the more interrogating bachelorette . Don’t get me wrong , interrogation isn’t a bad thing when it comes to speed dating but it’s what she does with the info that baffles .

Like Andi she goes with her “type ” which seems like a mistake .

I think Luke will be an interesting choice , smiley or not! A broody sincere eloquent Bach … I’ll watch .

19. yoyotono

July 20, 2016 at 6:55 AM

This episode was beyond boring to watch. I agree with your assessment of Jojo, Jordan, and Robby. I think Luke’s great. Do the contestants choose their job titles or is it the producers? I hate any job title that says “former”, what are they doing now?

Also, what are your thoughts on Chad having his own show? Is that seriously being done or is it a ploy for controversy?

Last, if you’re going to take sides with the Taylor and Kimye feud, at least explain why you’re Team Taylor? I’m personally Team Kimye as the video evidence is proof Taylor and/or publicist lied. I’m also Team Calvin. I’m just sick of hearing about everyone bullying poor little Regina George.

20. missannmcd

July 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Robby’s hairline looks like a bad ad for the Hair Club For Men? Yuckers! Luke is such a snoozefest. Evan was just a joke I think. I mean, come on… skinny runt with a Snidely Whiplash look. And his hair, umm… just no. Where do they find these guys? Did you see Jordan’s dad? THAT is how Jordan and his brother Luke are going to look like when they are their dad’s age! Double yuckers. And now for Jojo… she’s playing the puppet better than most. It’s too bad it’s just so obvious. Lights on but no one is home. Boring zzzzzz

21. sb

July 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Soooo…just so I’m understanding correctly, you’re reading a blog that recaps/gossips about a reality TV show, challenging the author about why he’s commenting on the TSwift/Kardashian feud vs. SERIOUS ISSUES in the media? Yeah, okay. ??