The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Episode 9 Recap Incl More Chad on Robby Violence & Ben’s One Day Political Career

JoJoFinale
Photo Credit: ABC

We are headed down the home stretch. Only one week to go. Tonight is the “Men Tell All” where essentially, nothing will get accomplished. Yes, I’ll have a recap up tomorrow but it won’t be nearly as detailed as previous ones just because that show is so choppy, edited, and basically the same thing every season. So tomorrow’s recap will be combined with “Reader Emails,” so get your emails in the next couple days. And I will be posting “Dr. Reality Steve” on Thursday, just really early in the morning since I have an early flight out to Vegas on Thursday morning. We have no more spots available for the party Friday night unfortunately. I think I’m even a tad over capacity by a few people, but I expect a few to cancel last minute or just not show up. I hope that’s not the case, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Remember, if you follow me on Periscope, you will be able to follow along with the Trivia Contest that night if you’d like. Should start around 9 or 9:15pm PST on Friday night. Granted, you can’t win anything and it’ll be much easier for you than the people in attendance since you can Google all the stuff, but hey, you can at least pretend like you’re there with us. Looking forward to Friday night and meeting everyone who’s coming.

JoJo’s blog for People.com is now up, and basically just reiterates what she said on the show last night. Went with her gut when it came to Luke, and wasn’t feeling she thought she would feel when it came to Chase. So yeah, not much else there. More importantly, our Nell Kalter has her double duty Tuesday, as she recaps Are You The One? episode 6, and also, another crazy ass RHOC episode, so enjoy those.

Point of correction from last night. A lot of people were tweeting at me saying I was wrong once Luke was eliminated last night. I didn’t realize until last night that I had changed the spoiler in the episode-by-episode spoilers page back in May, but didn’t change it on the “Final Four Breakdown” column, so that had people confused. Which is still weird to me that A) people going to my site last night chose THAT column to look for the spoilers. Like, lets say you hadn’t been to my site since May, and you clicked on “JoJo’s Spoilers” last night. The first column you’d see on that page is the “Episode by Episode” spoilers. Why someone would just skip that and go to the second column on that page (where I forgot to correct the initial spoiler), I have no idea, and B) Even with me not correcting it in that column, the bigger issue is how many times in my column have I mentioned Luke gets eliminated at #4 since then? I’ve lost count. Especially last Tuesday’s recap where IN THE TITLE it says “What Happens on the Overnights.” So yeah, just a little weird seeing quite a few on Twitter last night tell me the spoiler was wrong. Obviously it wasn’t, but it just showed how little people seem to have paid attention to anything I’ve written since then.

So did you see the article in the NY Post last week talking about dating in NYC? Pretty funny. Not to mention, former “Bachelorette” contestant Michael Garofola was featured in it saying he dates five times a week – yet still hasn’t found anyone. I’m just curious of how many of those are from the franchise because he’s been notorious for that. I hear all the time about how hard it is to date in NYC, so I guess this shouldn’t come as a surprise. But an interesting read if I you live out there.

The Hayes’ family is at it again. No, not Robby with his constant #TeamRoJo hashtagging, or the mom with her lying, no, this time it’s his brother Patrick. Someone matched up with him on Tinder and this is his profile:

RobbyBroIG

Really, dude? THAT’S how you present yourself on a dating app? I’m the younger brother of the guy on the “Bachelorette?” That’s just sad. Apparently there are no levels to which this family won’t stoop to let people know how much they love being a part of this show. Hope that works out for you Patrick. Good luck with using your quasi-famous, 15 minutes of fame brother to try and get laid. Doesn’t make you seem desperate at all.

I’m sure you saw at the end of last week the story of Ben Higgins running for political office in Colorado, only to drop out of the race a day later. According to this local reporter out there, here was the reasoning behind Ben’s withdrawl:

If that is true (which I expect it to be), can’t say I’m at all surprised. I’m more surprised at why the show would even let it get to this point before getting to him and saying, “Uhhhh yeah, that ain’t happening.” This has been rumored for a couple months now. It’s not like all the sudden Ben sprung this on them. And if you’re Ben, how would you not want to get something like this cleared immediately with the network to see if it’s ok to even do? When you sign on this show, they basically own your life for a full year. And even after that, you’re not allowed to just go all scorched earth on them. You’d think every “I” would’ve been dotted and “T” would’ve been crossed before he even announced he was running. Just looks bad now that he pulls out one day after declaring. But hey, gotta get that wedding paid for, so I guess we know what’s more important to him. Sounds like he wouldn’t have made a great politician anyway.

Your poll question revolves around JoJo’s choice to send Chase packing. Was it too late?

1. cresd

July 26, 2016 at 9:07 AM

Definitely agree on the best line of the night… “Is this my fantasy suite?” I could not stop laughing last night and I’m having a hard time now after reading it in your post! Poor guy.

2. linds

July 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Chase was my fave this season! I felt bad for him lastnight. She was all over him, and then some, on the date… only to kick him to the curb. I’m not a fan of the way she handled things with a lot of the final guys. She always wanted the validation that they were into her, but then immediately sent them packing once they said it. Pretty cold! Wishing Chase was the next Bach, but sounds like Luke is the guy. Loved his “fantasy suite” line!! ?

3. crushonspivey

July 26, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Man, JoJo sure can pick them, can’t she. She might have the worst taste in men of all women in the Dallas area.

First she dates the cheating hairdresser (he sounds solid, no?). Then Robby, who puts off a hairdresser vibe, and then Jordan, he puts off a really bad hair vibe.

JoJo is a beautiful articulate girl, but wow, she is really awful at choosing men. Or maybe that is because she is looking for guys like her 2 30+ half brothers who are players themselves with their own issues. Great role models guys in the relationship area. Way to go.

4. cjscjs711

July 26, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Moe interesting to me than your recaps, Steve, are the links. The Matt Overton Instagram – priceless.

5. cd12

July 26, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Naggy describes Jojo perfectly, as well as her whiny voice. Jordan and Robby are both unpleasant. Chase is a male bimbo. The guy seems rather dumb.

6. walker

July 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM

I am not sure how Luke is going to pull off being the next Bachelor. He scares me. There is something off about him in PTS kind of way. (post traumatic stress, unfortunate serious mental/emotional side effect of many veterans….) I can’t recall him smiling and he stares off in strange directions away from who he is talking to. He really seemed confused in an off-putting way last night when JoJo let him go after “opening up to her” (and even when he told her how much he loved her, no smiling, no warmth nor joy, but rather robotic, emotionless) How can someone like that carry a dating show as lead? Who is going to gushingly fall in love with a guy who has no joy or twinkle ever in their eyes about anything? I don’t get it. If someone thinks he would be a good bachelor, please share why – thanks!

7. shouldbeworking

July 26, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Jordan DEFINITELY had the tightest pants at the rose ceremony. They were so tight it makes you concentrate on his walk.

8. valadega

July 26, 2016 at 11:43 AM

“We are just days away from me giving you the greatest blue balls in “Bachelorette” history.” Poor Chase! I would have been angry too!

9. ctrealitygirl

July 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM

I SO agree with you Walker! I do not understand why everyone’s so gaga over Luke. And I, too, sense he is emotionally distant. What bugs me is that the whole season, every time Jojo had alone time with him she remarked how HOT he was to kiss…then all of a sudden had a change of heart during his hometown visit. Her facial expressions said it all. I am pulling for Chase for the next Bachelor!

10. bran

July 26, 2016 at 6:07 PM

my most notable moment was not commented on by Steve. The WORST ACTING ALLLLL SEASON WAS AT THE END WITH CHASE AND JO. IT WAS OB VEE OUS THAT THEY SHOT THAT MULTIPLE MULTIPLE TIMES. They were so sick of doing it you could see them BOTH acting. Watch it over and over. It’s AWFUL. It doesn’t seem real at all. The acting on Unreal is far better.

11. akgirl

July 26, 2016 at 8:44 PM

So, how is it that every time JoJo cries she does not shed a tear?

12. allusernamestaken

July 26, 2016 at 9:00 PM

The sad thing is Patrick aka Robbies Brother putting that on his TInder app probably helps him get laid.

13. supersparklyday

July 26, 2016 at 10:30 PM

This has been the most Boring season ever. Jojo can’t fake it and only had it for Jordan. Her group of guys wasn’t that great either. Can’t wait for the Finale so that this will finally be over!!!

Bring on the train wreck that is BIP – can’t wait!! I read Steve’s spoilers, of course, but not the minutiae of the episode-by-episode spoilers, so some of it is still a mystery.

And I have to say that I am surprised to hear rumors of Robby being gay?!?! what a surprise! OR is somebody’s Gaydar just broken?

14. kimmyfromdablock

July 27, 2016 at 5:15 AM

Oh my God…..does anyone know where Jordan got his capris that he was wearing last night at the rose ceremony? They were soon cute!!!! I’m thinking he bought them at Forever or Zara. #love.

July 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Boy, the next Bachelor could be Chase or Luke. Wow. The show better get a good acting coach for whoever they choose and a personality transplant. Maybe some PTSD counseling if they pick Luke Isn’t this how they once ended up going down the list and pulling out Juan Pah-blow? Could be bad. Really bad. But I guess if they pulled ratings from a stuttering, giggling farmer, they really don’t care that much. Personally I think their arrogance is making the show sloppy. Eventually it will catch up to them. This has been a bad season, so they better pick it up. People have all kinds of other things they can do with their Monday nights.

16. crushonspivey

July 27, 2016 at 9:54 AM

rob, Luke will be the lead, but the girls will be the show. They will swoon over his looks and ability to write and sing songs. I am sure that will get huge emphasis. The music will essentially become the personality. But I am sure they will work with him on voice inflection as well. And make sure he has plenty of chances to take his shirt off.

17. dogmomma

July 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM

rob22, I agree with you about the show getting sloppy and overly manipulated. I’ve watched every season since the very first Bachelor, and I’ve started to lose interest in the show. If it doesn’t pick up next season, I probably won’t keep watching.

18. crushonspivey

July 27, 2016 at 2:55 PM

dogmomma–it is because the show waits way too late to try to become about love. The early episodes are a farce with actors/characters planted to be outrageous each season and producer picks keep them around longer to create the wrong kind of drama. Except the ridiculous behaviors are lasting too long now and the buy in for it being about love just does not happen. Certainly has not this season.

Drama needs to be about love, and the lead being torn over 2-3 guys/girls. Now, I hope she picks none and pulls a Womack.

19. krisleigh

July 28, 2016 at 5:33 AM

OK, I have been watching this show for well since the beginning…..and I tell you…this has got to be the WORST season ever….period…end of story…BOOOOOOOOO!!!! When this show first started out, you could feel the love….hell the best season ever was Trista and Ryan….I mean we all cried and you knew it was real…..yet I tune in…just to get some mindless TV…..but at this point….I do not even care…maybe they show get with the times and have a gay/lesbian/transgender on!!!! I love your page….I will need to follow another show you report on because I can no longer subject myself to this facade of a joke…..fake….fake….fake…..love your page though….