Reader Emails

“Reader Emails,” MTA Mini-Recap, Aaron Rodgers Speaks, and the “Baby Bachelorette” MTA

CHJojo
Photo Credit: ABC

Mercifully, that’s over. We’ll get to your MTA brief, brief recap in a moment because frankly, there really isn’t much to say. Almost half the show was spent on Chad and I’m pretty much over it at this point. Sure, he backed up a lot of the stuff I’ve been saying about Robby and Grant, but then again, I didn’t need his validation. It’s not like I was guessing on that stuff or went with some flimsy reporting. But the MTA didn’t disappoint in terms of what we expected from it. Lets face it, it’s ultimately the same thing every season, just with different people. It’s overhyped, the soundbites end up being better than the actual show, and the people who got eliminated at #3 & #4 go up to the hot seat to tell their sob story. So much of the show is stuff we’ve already seen anyway, and when these guys are two months removed from it, it’s hard to believe any of them are really that affected. They lube them all up with liquor before the show, they essentially force them to talk about their feelings again in the present, even though they probably don’t feel as strongly as they did at the time they got dumped. It’s a giant sh** show every season with fake audience reactions that are filmed before the taping officially begins. Oh well. At least it’s over and we can move on to the finale.

In case you missed my tweet yesterday, Aaron Rodgers finally addressed the media yesterday in regards to Jordan. Since Packers opened camp yesterday and this wasn’t a formal, sit down interview, but rather one in front of his locker where reporters are firing questions left and right, he couldn’t control the narrative, so good on whoever decided to ask him about Jordan. As expected, he took the high road, although “I wish him well in the competition” was definitely a little minor shade thrown his way.

I’ve posted a few of these this season, but not in the most timely manner. But since the MTA was last night, it’s only fitting we get updated on the “Baby Bachelorette” and their MTA from last night as well. A lot going down in that world. Hell, this was more entertaining than JoJo’s:

As for your MTA recap, here are the main points of what went down:

-They showed the BIP promo which, just like every promo for every season they’ve ever aired, had a lot of misdirection. In case you still haven’t read the spoilers, you can read them all by clicking here. Had a few people on Twitter asking last night when I’m gonna have the BIP spoilers. Smh.

-The promo made you think that Nick got engaged, Amanda ends up with Nick, and Josh wasn’t part of the show. Well, we all know none of that is true. In case you skim through some of the emails today since I know there’s one answer in there that addresses it, but all 3 couples are still engaged and they’ve all seen each other recently. Amanda was in ATL last weekend visiting Josh, Carly and Evan were at a concert in Nashville over the weekend although Carly was in disguise, and Lace has been to SF to stay with Grant.

-I was thoroughly disappointed that in the guys introductions, only one of them gave the two handed wave, and that was Ali. What the hell? Step up your game boys.

-As for the Chad stuff, you know my thoughts on this. One thing that was running rampant on Twitter that people were tagging me in was saying “Chad obviously read Reality Steve.” Well, I have no idea if he did or not, but c’mon. We have photographic evidence of him spending the weekend with Hope making out with her, and pictures of him hanging out with Jen. I don’t think it’s hard to put 2 and 2 together and realize everything he said last night about Robby and Grant came from them. He didn’t need to read my site. He probably got it directly from the girls themselves.

-Chris Harrison playing dumb and pretending he had no idea what Chad’s been up to with Hope and Jen since the show is laughable. C’mon Chris. You don’t expect us to believe that, do you? Of course you knew.

-And when you dedicate 45 minutes and 3 segments to Chad up on stage, you basically cut Wells’ time out in the hot seat, which is what they did. He went up there. It was just never shown.

-Chad knows what his role is on this show and he played it to perfection last night. He didn’t need any coaching, he didn’t need producers to tell him to do that, because it’s not in his nature to act like a normal human would in that situation. He had to keep playing up his character or else everyone would’ve been disappointed. Was it entertaining? I mean, in parts I guess it was. But once Paradise rolls around and we see his tantrum play out, I think people will be over him. The guy is a phony. He’s telling people behind-the-scenes he’s just doing this for TV. And if he’s not, then he’s a delusional dbag.

-The “almost” fight with Nick B., the fake security guard, I mean, it was like we were watching a play last night or something. Really? Did anyone really think there was going to be a fight on stage and we needed security? Of course not. Like I said, it’s funny in parts, but the threat of violence and the meat eating? I don’t know. I just thought it was dumb.

-Here’s the interesting thing about all the Chad stuff though. It actually would’ve been informative or at least watchable, if they would let arguments play out. But just when someone would bring up something about him, someone else would cut that person off and bring up another point, then THAT person would get cut off. Have Chad address each issue individually without making a joke out of it, then maybe it would’ve been worth our time. But basically it was just shock TV as they went looking for soundbites. None of those guys liked him. None. No one’s backed him post show. So for every accusation thrown at him for him to constantly be on the defensive and pretend he did nothing wrong was just ridiculous. He’s so overtaken by the Hollywood bug now, he’s starting to believe his own B.S. because people are enabling him. As much as you probably wanted JoJo to go back and forth with him, she did the right thing. It’s exactly what he wants.

-Now, what Chad said to JoJo about Robby and Jordan was absolutely 100% truth since, well, you’ve been hearing that for 2 months from me. But you knew she wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole. She knows she’s never marrying either of these guys. Problem is she’s realizing it too late. She has to go through the song and dance of us watching her next week from back in May pretending she’s totally head over heels in love with Jordan. It ain’t lasting.

-Luke on the hot seat was essentially his introduction as your next “Bachelor.” You’ll see it in quite a few “Reader Emails” today, but I’ll say it again. Everything I’ve been told for the last month, that I’ve repeated numerous times on this site, is that they want Luke to be the “Bachelor” and he wants to do it. I can’t see how it doesn’t get done at this point. With that said, I can’t wait to get an email/text/tweet today with these exact words, “Who do you think will be the next Bachelor?”

-Is what James told JoJo the exact same thing he said to the crowd in Atlanta on that video I posted of him last week? Sure sounded like it. It’s like he’s memorized this speech.

-Poll question. So what’d you think of Chad’s performance last night?

1. j1scarlett

July 27, 2016 at 8:53 AM

The Baby Bachelorette is the best thing ever. The baby bachelor pulled a Jason Mesnick! I love it so much.

2. crushonspivey

July 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM

I love Chad. I just do. He basically has done exactly what RS does–which is to call out all of the BS that goes on with this franchise–except he actually did it on the show. I loved his act, loved how he would basically call out every guy and get under their skin so easily, and he made many of them look juvenile.

I expect more of the same on BIP, because it is an even more ridiculous concept. It is a boozefest ripe for hookouts and contrived relationships. Which, in a nutshell, explains this franchise.

3. tbta4

July 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Regarding the email from the reader who thought Jo Jo looked unhappy: I couldn’t agree with you more. When Chris H asked her how she was doing and if she was happy at the very end of the show, her eyes were just dead. She smiled and said the right words, but her face had no animation and her body was motionless. I would not be surprised if the relationship was already done, whether either of them would admit it or not.

Personally, I would have loved Wells as the Bachelor. He is hilarious, smart, and well spoken. The Lord of the Flies reference to Chad was priceless and spot on, although I doubt many of the people on set last night remembered that book from freshman year of high school English Literature class.

July 27, 2016 at 10:56 AM

Agree on the Lord of the Flies reference to an extent. There probably wasn’t another person in the room that got that reference to being “Piggied”. Although I have to say that the reference is imperfect. Chad may have been ganged up on, but he was hardly killed or injured by anyone.

My main issue with Chad is that he (somehow) claims the high road. There’s nothing high road about what Chad is doing. Not just the meatheaded, angry steroid freak game he plays. But he brings up the other guys lack of real jobs and says they’re mainly there to promote themselves. All true, but Chad is hardly innocent of fame-wh*ring. Far from it. Although he technically has a job, he’s not really doing it these days. And he’s promoting himself and his act all over social media. He’s absolutely the wrong messenger for calling out the other guys.

He’s a total hypocrite & doesn’t deserve any praise. I know reality TV is just escapism. But I hate it when we enable total losers… i.e. Kardashians or others of their ilk.

5. cresd

July 27, 2016 at 1:28 PM

@tbta4, I agree with you. She did look unhappy. I don’t know if anyone else noticed, but when Chad called out Jordan and Robby and basically told her good luck with them, it looked like JoJo’s lip quivered a little and that she was going to cry. She made a good recovery though.

July 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM

To one of the emailers. The Aaron Rodgers is gay rumors are based on his relationship with a former “personal assistant” and roommate. I guess they were pretty close. Close enough that rumors started saying they were a gay couple. Apparently it was, at the very least, a pretty heavy bromance. Then there was some sort of disagreement and they split. Some say that they split because Rodgers backed out of coming out of the closet. Then Olivia Munn appeared on the scene and there was suspicion that she’s a beard. And maybe that’s the issue between Aaron and the family. Jordan did say something like “he decided to live his life how he wanted to live it” as an explanation of why they are estranged. So, it’s total rumor. But there are kernels of truth…. that require some twisting to get to “he’s gay”. But that’s what people are doing. In this instance, I don’t have any idea if it’s true. What is true is that it’s silly to think that there are no gay stars in the NFL. It’s just a matter of which ones.

7. LM111

July 27, 2016 at 5:01 PM

I also noticed Jojo’s sad expression. Like it took real effort to put on a happy front. She did ok, considering.
    Bottom line – she’s young and clearly isn’t into the men that are “marriage material” (like Luke or Chase, or even Wells. I personally would’ve kept Wells until the end. Maybe not last man standing, but close). Jordon would be fun to play around with, but NEVER would I pick him as my final.

Also – I know it’s not a popular opinion, but I don’t dislike Chad. He looks and acts about 75 times more masculine than anyone else on the show and that’s where the drama comes in. Of course all the metro guys will be threatened by him. And the alpha males are less alpha when Chad’s in the room. So basically, he makes every dude on the show feel comparatively girly. The extreme case being Evan. I could barely watch them interact. Also loved Chad’s final conversation with Alex when he left the 2-on-1 date. It was easily the funniest moment I’ve ever seen on this show. Good stuff.

8. mariet

July 27, 2016 at 5:11 PM

Regarding Chad– Dang, Rob22. It’s all fake and scripted. You don’t realize that? @ crushonspivey– spot on! “I loved his act”, “act” being the operative word. Hilarious.

9. cd12

July 27, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Chad was the talk of the season. Chad also made the MTA worth watching. Loved him.

10. kimmyfromdablock

July 27, 2016 at 8:05 PM

@mariet, I hardly think @rob22 doesn’t get the “act” that Chad puts on. I totally agree with @rob22. Chad is a tool. He may be playing a role, but he’s a douche. I don’t find him funny. He entertained me at first but the whole thing has gotten real old real fast and I’ll be glad when his 15 minutes is over. @rob22, I too can’t stand this Kardashian level of pedestrian lemming followers.

Completely agree with everyone’s comments about JoJo seeming emotional and unhappy. It does not take a body language expert to see that she has some serious emotions going on and they are clearly not that of the happy kind.

11. Serpephone

July 28, 2016 at 10:44 AM

I felt terrible for JoJo last night–she looked very uncomfortable when discussing how she’s feeling and the horrible rumors…

12. cjscjs711

July 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM

On James Taylor “dirt,” even we know what his relatives (aunt) had posted on social media about JT only going on the show for career reasons, didn’t really mesh with JoJo, etc. that Chad hadn’t mentioned on TV.

I actually liked Chad, too, and he carried the show in many ways. I don’t see his presentation so much as a phony ‘act’ as having arisen from a very artificial situation and trying to view it normally. For example, the guys ‘caring’ so much about a woman they just met, ‘falling in love’ with a woman they’ve barely spent any time with. If EVERY contestant tried to be ‘real,’ there wouldn’t be a show. Fortunately, every season most of the guys can be persuaded to drink the Kool Aid, so they can afford to have a Chad in the bunch now and then. The guy from Princeton, Ian on Kaitlyn’s season, reminded me a little of this same tack.

Britt, last I saw, was involved with YWAM, Youths With a Mission; a Christian group that travels to countries in Africa, Indonesia, etc. doing educational and missionary work working mainly with children. Could be that’s why she wasn’t at the wedding.

13. adrie

July 29, 2016 at 9:20 PM

If Chad was acting as the villain I’d probably enjoy the entertainment. But that’s just it, Chad isn’t acting. He is batsh!t crazy and I can’t believe people cannot see it. He cannot communicate or answer questions without aggression, threats, jokes, avoidance etc. He is emotionally immature and needs a lot of therapy.

14. sherrybaby

July 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM

I couldn’t care less to listen to anything that Chad would have to say. I fast forwarded through his entire segment on MTA and plan to do pretty much the same on BIP. His purposeful and idiotic attention getting act is not worthy of my time and energy. I’ve got better things to do.