The Bachelorette 12 - JoJo

The “Bachelorette” Finale Recap, The Vegas Party, Interviews, & Tricky Editing Does it Again

JoJoJordan
Photo Credit: US Weekly

It was close. Damn close. Like, down to the wire. And in the end, it could’ve gone either way…no, I’m not talking about the “Bachelorette.” That was over before it even began. I’m talking about the 2nd Annual Reality Steve Trivia Contest that took place this past weekend in Vegas during my party at Mandalay Bay. A HUGE thank you to everyone who came out. We only had 4 late cancellations and had 59 people there, so bigger than last year’s. And barring something catastrophic, you can bet I’ll have the 3rd Annual Fan Appreciation Party next year as well. Might change up the venue since we’ve done Mandalay Bay for the first two years, but we’ll see. Plenty of time. But it’ll be next summer sometime between May and July and, once again, it’s open to any and all my readers. If I get a bigger venue next season, then I might be able to accept more than 60. I’ll let you know. But anyway, back to the business at hand…

For those that followed along on Periscope Friday night, you saw Kim Udelf and Robert Barnes take home the $100 first place prize with a total of 20 points. In a tough second place finish, Janie Vaught and Tracey Padula teamed up for what seemed like 20 pts as well, but in order to determine a winner, I had to go to a tiebreaker. Of the 15 questions, there were 32 points possible. The last question had 7 answers (so 7 possible points), and both teams got 5 right. Question #12 had 4 possible answers (or so I thought), and both got 3 right (After the fact, I realized that Question #12 – “There were 3 girls named Lauren on Ben’s season, who were they” was wrong. There was actually FOUR Lauren’s on Ben’s season), but still both teams got 3 points on that question. So I had to find another tiebreaker, and that was question #8, which was “Who was the comedic duo that appeared on the first 1-on-1 date on Ben’s season?” Kim and Robert answered “Ice Cube and Kevin Hart” whereas Janie and Tracey only had “Kevin Hart.” So ultimately I couldn’t give them a full point, and they finished with 19 ½ points and $50. Tough way to lose, but I had to settle it somehow. But I want to thank Janie and Tracey for giving me a $25 gift card to Cheesecake Factory, as I forgot to open it at the party. So thank you to them, and to everyone who came out. I hope you all had a good time and hope to see some of you back next season.

For those that didn’t follow along but wanna see the contest, I’m going to upload the video we took tonight and I will post it in tomorrow’s column. Even though you have access to the internet now and you can easily find all these answers yourselves (people weren’t allowed to use their phones), here were the questions on the test. Be honest. How many could you get right without looking them up? (The amount of points available for each question is in parentheses):

1. Who was the drunk guy who got removed from the show the first night on Kaitlyn’s season?

2. (5) Name every location they visited in Ben’s season that wasn’t California?

3. (3) On Brad 2.0, on the group date in the episode before hometowns, 3 girls were part of a bikini photo shoot for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Who were they?

4. Usually on the Bachelorette, they head to an east coast state before they start their travels overseas. What state did they travel to before heading to Europe on Andi’s season?

5. There is one contestant who was a first night eliminatee on the “Bachelor” then in that same year, was sent home the first night on “Bachelor Pad.” Who was it?

6. True or False: On Kaitlyn’s season, they visited 3 countries during the season.

7. What duo won season 2 of “Bachelor Pad?”

8. (2) What comedic duo appeared on the first 1-on-1 date for Ben’s season? Bonus: Who was the date with?

9. Which twin was Olivia on the 2-on-1 date where she got left on the island?

10. (2) There have been 3 seasons where the show went to Thailand. Obviously we know JoJo’s. Name the other two.

11. True or False: I have been on a date with a former “Bachelor” contestant.

12. (4) How many girls named Lauren were on Ben’s season?

13. Who was the last final 2 guy on the “Bachelorette” who was not let go before the final rose ceremony?

14. True or False? In the last 10 Bachelor & Bachelorette seasons, Juan Pablo is the only person to not get engaged at the end.

15. (7) Kaitlyn had 7 guys whose names started with J. Name as many as you can.

Ratings are in from last night, and not surprisingly, the show drew it’s biggest ratings of the season delivering 8.4 million viewers and a 2.5 rating for the finale, with 8.0 million and a 2.3 rating for the ATFR. Comparing that to Kaitlyn’s finale last season, Kaitlyn drew 8.05 for the finale with a 2.4 rating, and 7.95 million and a 2.4 for the ATFR. So JoJo’s season essentially beat every one of Kaitlyn’s episodes in the ratings except for the premiere. Which goes to show no matter how many people say this season sucked, or the show is getting old, or “Why can’t they do something different,” your complaints are falling on deaf ears. People are still watching in droves and the show wins its coveted timeslot in the women 18-49 demo every Monday night for 2 ½ months. It’s not going anywhere.

Here is JoJo’s blog from last night, along with Nell Kalter’s RHOC recap that is now in it’s 249th week of airing. Or something like that. Enjoy. Here’s a hint: Nell’s is funnier. And has less BS in it than what JoJo spews out.

I did a really cool interview with “Guys Telling Stories” a couple weeks ago that posted today. Yes, I’m sure you’ve heard me talk about this show 1,000 times in interviews, but this one is different. I think you’ll like this interview if you have an hour of your day. To listen to it directly, click here.

I said I was gonna bring this up again when the finale aired, so lets refresh your memory. Remember when the first season ending teaser ran at the end of Episode 5? And in it they had JoJo at the final rose ceremony acting like she sends someone away because she “couldn’t believe what you did to me” and everyone started freaking out? And remember how I told you in the recap from 6/21 to hold your horses and it’s just more editing? Well, in case you forgot, here’s what they ran at the end of episode 5 teasing the finale?

Man, that couldn’t have been any more different than what we actually saw last night. So much of that never even happened or was said, which once again goes to show that every single season the teaser for the finale will make you think something is there that isn’t. And every single season people will freak out asking me questions about it. My answer will always be the same: I don’t know the exact details of what happens (other than who they choose), but I guarantee it won’t play out like how the teaser shows. And it didn’t this time. Again. So just keep that in mind when in mid-January during next season’s “Bachelor” they show a teaser and people start screaming “OH MY GOD!!!! WHAT HAPPENS???!!!” All I’m going to do is refer you to this season’s teaser to calm your nerves. Talk about a complete misdirection. Hell, this season’s teaser even showed clips and angles we never even saw, proving that things were re-shot to throw people off the scent.

Speaking of the “Bachelor,” a ton of you hit me up on Twitter last night asking why the next “Bachelor” wasn’t announced during the ATFR. Ummmm, because they rarely do it on the ATFR? People have short term memory when it comes to this show. Last season they announced Ben during “After Paradise.” I’m sure that’s when they’ll do it this season, and as I’ve been saying for almost two months now, I fully expect it to be Luke. He has the backstory, he has the heartbreak from this season and, well, it’s not gonna be Chase or Robby. So there you go.

You see the US Weekly report that came out last week saying that last season’s winner of “Survivor” Michelle Fitzgerald went to a casting call in New York in hopes to be on next season? I haven’t heard if she’s on or not, but I can tell you that final casting weekend is this upcoming weekend in LA, so if someone wants to stalk her social media and see if she’s in LA, then we know she at least made final 50. I could easily see her being cast on next season, for sure. Looks like every season now stuff like this is getting leaked, and I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

I went on “Good Morning Texas” this morning to talk about the finale, and you can watch that here. However, I’m bummed they left out the part right when this video ends, and that’s that today is National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, and they presented me with an ice cream sandwich which had me VERY excited. Wish you could’ve seen my reaction. Oh well.

And finally your poll question for today is simple: How long you think these two will last?

1. shouldbeworking

August 2, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I don’t know if it’s because I’m reading too much RS, or what, but it was hard not to notice the pain on Jo Jo’s face last night. And Jordan was so shifty. I wasn’t buying it. Unfortunately, I think RS is right – these two are doomed. Sad.

2. purplerayne

August 2, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Even if I had not read the Jordan backlash on this site and social media, it was clear Jordan was never upfront about his intentions. Here are some clear examples:

1) when asked what his life would look like in a year, he was unsure/ said he would be bouncing around. he didnt reply in plural form and made NO indication she would be involved in his plans.
    2) His reaction to jojo’s mother was priceless (when she asked him to vow that he wont hurt Jojo). It wasnt an effortless or enthusiastic reply.
    3) He didnt ask the parents for her hand. HUGE flag. Clearly he’s not comfortable having to look these people in the eye and make promises (as evident in his awkward conversation w. her mom).
    4) He got extremely cagey when asked about his ex girlfriend and her cheating accusation. Not upset or disappointed, like a non guilty person would be…but uncomfortably as if he got caught.

Im sure he has feelings for her and maybe some love, but at the end of the day, none of that matters if he isnt ready for commitment or if he’s just not the commitment type of guy. She will find out the hard way.

3. lucyw4

August 2, 2016 at 1:47 PM

Usually the Bachelorette looks amazing at the “After the Final Rose” show, I’ve said before that the stylist for THAT is on point…but JoJo’s dress was really unflattering, like extremely.
    Her hair wasn’t that great either, but her face is so pretty that it made up for it.

Jordan was ridiculous in his evasive answer about his brother…all he had to say was, “You know, I love my brother and we’ll work it out, I’m sure”…something along those lines.

So what if he dated till the minute he left for the show, so what if he went on for the wrong reasons, once he got there though, is it impossible to believe that he actually fell for her?
    Does anyone ever sign up looking for a mate?…of course not.
    Will they last, of course not.

Did Robby get new giant choppers?

4. crushonspivey

August 2, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Two things really stood out to me:

1)JoJo was not happy with Jordan. Her body language towards him was bad. She limited contact, and she angled away from him with her legs crossed away from him. She was trying to it was clear she was not in a good place.

2)Robbie was still wanting to make a play for JoJo. I bet he was hearing the same as everyone else, and was letting JoJo know he was still game if she was. He saw the finale. He saw her said she’d have regrets if she and Jordan failed. So Robbie is still in as the back up if JoJo wants ti try.

Jordan may move to Dallas, but I bet he lives there alone. They won;t move in together. Not unless the place is big with separate bedrooms and TPTB for the show pay for it. Gotta keep up appearances and all that.

5. cjscjs711

August 2, 2016 at 4:30 PM

I just think it’s unlikely the two will be on the same page for long. It’s one thing to be on the same page in the fantasy land of the show, and another afterward when both of their lives will be changing. I wish them well, but I’m not going to ferret out information about how they’re doing.

6. grace03

August 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Did you happen to notice on ATFR when the camera zoomed in on Jordan, it looked like he had bruising around his left eye? Maybe he was flushed but something was there.

7. LM111

August 2, 2016 at 5:14 PM

One thing is clear from last night – Jordon is a MUCH better actor than Jojo. I’ll give her this, she’s not fake. Her attempts to hide her unhappiness failed miserably last night. I think I like her more now.

Robby looked pretty good in comparison. I have a hard time believing that Jordon is straight. It’s almost like he’s thinking: “well, if I had to marry a WOMAN, Jojo would be fine I guess. But, do I REALLY want to marry a woman???”

For a second, I thought Robby might be a better Bachelor than Luke until I realized that Robby looks way too much like my ex-husband. Probably why I’m not overly attracted to him. Funny how that works.

The most surprising part was the buying a house comment. That’s insane if it’s true. Something tells me they made it up to cover for their problems. I mean, think about it, if they can’t disclose that they’re a “couple” until after the finale airs, how were they able to look at properties together, tell an agent, apply for a loan (if it’s joint) and have their names together on a house (again, if it’s joint)? I call BS on that one.

8. sleeprgirl

August 2, 2016 at 6:35 PM

I’m with purpleRayne…Jordan does not have the ambition in life as Aaron. I would bet Jojo did not realize how strained the family life is. She is young, and probably was too deep in “infatuation” with Jordan when all the negative rumors began appearing online. Jordan bounced around three different B teams. If he had stayed in place, he may have clinched a better placement. Aaron worked hard for his spot. Jordan now has his little spot on SEC… Now I have to dodge him during the college FB season, though I think it will be short-lived. I would also imagine Jojo thought that Aaron may have been generous with his family. Doubt that with Jordan. It definitely looked as if the parents home was much larger than the other contestants family, but this fracture in Jordan’s family will have much more effect in Jojos relationship than she could know at this point. I loved Chases mom. She looks so loving and family oriented. Jojo will miss out on how important sweet, loving in laws are a part of that perfect life.

9. supersparklyday

August 2, 2016 at 8:35 PM

I have to say that JoJo looked stunningly gorgeous last night and that dress was spectacular. Yes,she did look unhappy,but that was only due to the stress of the Jordan rumors, IMO. I actually think they’ll give it a good go for awhile and I wish them luck.

Thanks for making this “Most Boring Season Ever!!” at least somewhat interesting, RS.

10. jlal

August 3, 2016 at 4:18 AM

I too thought JoJo looked gorgeous on the final show. Don’t know if they will last or not, but am guessing not.

I am for team Chase for the next bach. Luke is good looking, but there is something about his eyes that is creepy. I think Chase is good looking and a nice guy. I also saw a poll on one of the network entertainment shows and Chase won by a landslid, like 47% compared with much lower percentages for Luke and Robby.

11. jlal

August 3, 2016 at 4:25 AM

I also saw BIP last night and talk about a train wreck, jeez. Chad has serious emotional issues and needs help. Frankly,he reminds me of Trump. They both insult women at every chance, think way too highly of themselves, react to any questioning or challenge with threats and insults and are very thinned skinned. The guys needs serious counseling.

12. cacity87

August 3, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I am with you on Team Chase! My suggestion is that they do what they did in Kaitlyn’s season, by having the girls vote between Luke and Chase. I mean, Reality Steve said himself that Kaitlyn’s premiere was higher than this season’s – which means the “voting” made for good TV!

Britt seemed tailored for the Bachelorette job her whole Bachelor season – which is exactly what is turning me
    off about Luke. I’d rather watch someone “off the cuff” like Chase (and a lot like Kaitlyn was too) than a cheesy bachelor, which is what I feel like Luke would be. Just my two cents on it. 🙂

13. elanarab

August 3, 2016 at 1:36 PM

I’m a HUGE Reality Steve fan. But the site would be so much better if RS would stop bothering to defend himself to the haters. Ignore them! This is a crazy fan base, they will always say the exact same silly stuff. You don’t need to defend yourself every single season. Ignore it. Just do what you do and scroll past that crap. It’s honestly getting tiresome reading the defense all the time.