So I got a few new details on the Reality TV Awards that I was nominated for yesterday. Still waiting to hear more confirmation on things, but the basics are that voting will open to the public on Sept. 2nd. I will be tweeting out a link to where you can vote. No idea how many times one person can vote. Then the awards show is on Wednesday, Nov. 2nd in LA. Last year I believe I read it was at the Roosevelt Hotel. They contacted me yesterday on Twitter and said they wanted me to attend. Well, you don’t need to twist my arm to get me to go to CA for a few days, so probably a good chance I’ll attend. Even if I do end up losing to some site like TMZ, or Perez Hilton, or Media Take Out, which certainly shouldn’t even be in the category for “Best Reality TV Website.” Those sites couldn’t be more NOT reality TV based. RealityBlurred.com? Makes sense. Andy covers nothing but reality TV stories. The other ones I haven’t heard of, but at least they have the word “reality” in their website name. That’s probably a start for who should be considered, but hey, I’m not the one making the decisions. I think it’d be great to win, but since they’re expanding the scope to include entertainment/tabloid sites like TMZ and Perez Hilton, my guess is I won’t.
A couple people sent me this, and I’ll be honest, I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet, but I heard it’s good. Nick was on the AfterBuzz podcast and talked openly about a lot of things. I’ll put it here and eventually watch it some time this weekend hopefully and give my thoughts next week:
As for last night’s BIP, I really don’t have much to say at all. The episode goes by rather quick in an hour, and not a whole hell of a lot happened since most was dedicated to Ashley crying. I mean, what more is there to say about her? That’s what she does on these shows so I’d be beating a dead horse talking about it for a page. As for “After Paradise,” still a mess with too many people, Daniel making a “First Blood” reference to Ashley being a virgin was about as tasteless as you can get and, well, that’s about it.
Get your “Dr. Reality Steve” emails in for tomorrow as we only have 1 so far. That’s not sufficient. If we don’t have at least 5 or 6 tomorrow, I’m going go scorched earth on everyone Josh Murray style. Kidding. But get some more in. The doctor needs some work to do.
Wanted to do a breakdown of the Trivia Contest answers for you to let you know which were the hardest questions and which were the easiest. So here are the questions again, but I filled in the answers, then afterwards tell you how many people got it right out of the 17 that participated that night in the contest. There were 59 people at the party, but most people that took the quiz teamed up in pairs of 2, and there were a few 4 person teams, hence the reason only 17 tests were turned in. So here you go:
1. Who was the drunk guy who got removed from the show the first night on Kaitlyn’s season? Ryan McDill. 2 people answered correctly.
2. (5) Name every location they visited in Ben’s season that wasn’t California? Vegas, Mexico City, Bahamas, Warsaw, Jamaica.
8 people got 1 out of 5 correct.
3 people got 2 out of 5.
3 people got 3 out of 5.
1 person got 4 out of 5.
Nobody got all 5 correct.
2 people couldn’t name any of the 5.
3. (3) On Brad 2.0, on the group date in the episode before hometowns, 3 girls were part of a bikini photo shoot for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Who were they? Michelle Money, Ashley Hebert, and Chantal O’Brien.
6 people got 1 out of 3 correct.
7 people got 2 out of 3.
2 people got all 3 correct.
2 person couldn’t name any of them.
4. Usually on the Bachelorette, they head to an east coast state before they start their travels overseas. What state did they travel to before heading to Europe on Andi’s season? Connecticut. Only 1 person got this answer right.
5. There is one contestant who was a first night eliminatee on the “Bachelor” then in that same year, was sent home the first night on “Bachelor Pad.” Who was it? Paige Vigil. Nobody got this answer right, thus, making it the hardest question on the test. It was the only one that no one knew.
6. True or False: On Kaitlyn’s season, they visited 3 countries during the season. False. They only went to Ireland that season, but stayed for 3 episodes. 9 people got it right.
7. What duo won season 2 of “Bachelor Pad?” Holly Durst and Michael Stagliano. 6 people got it right.
8. (2) What comedic duo appeared on the first 1-on-1 date for Ben’s season? Bonus: Who was the date with? Ice Cube & Kevin Hart. Caila went on the date.
6 people got 1 out of 2 correct.
2 people got both answers correct.
9 people got both of them wrong.
9. Which twin was Olivia on the 2-on-1 date where she got left on the island? Emily. 12 people got it right. That made it the 2nd easiest question on the test.
10. (2) There have been 3 seasons where the show went to Thailand. Obviously we know JoJo’s. Name the other two. Sean & Ashley.
5 people got 1 out of 2 correct.
9 people got both answers.
3 people got all 3 wrong.
11. True or False: I have been on a date with a former “Bachelor” contestant. False. Shockingly enough, only 7 people got this right.
12. (4) How many girls named Lauren were on Ben’s season? What were their names? 3. Lauren Bushnell, Lauren Himle, and Lauren Russell. (Although, there was a 4th Lauren I’d forgotten about, Lauren Barr (LB)).
3 people got 1 out 4 correct.
3 people got 2 out of 4.
11 people got 3 out 4. (All these people guessed “3” and named Lauren B and Lauren H. No one remembered Lauren Russell).
No one got all four correct.
13. Who was the last final 2 guy on the “Bachelorette” who was not let go before the final rose ceremony? Nick (Kaitlyn’s season) 13 people got this right, making it the easiest question on the test.
14. True or False? In the last 10 Bachelor & Bachelorette seasons, Juan Pablo is the only person to not get engaged at the end. True. Surprisingly, only 7 people got this right.
15. (7) Kaitlyn had 7 guys whose names started with J. Name as many as you can. Jared, JJ, Jonathan, Josh (the male stripper), Joshua, Joe, Justin.
2 people got 1 out of 7 correct.
4 people got 2 out of 7.
2 people got 3 out of 7.
6 people got 4 out of 7.
2 people got 5 out 7.
1 person got 6 out 7.
No one got all 7 correct.
No one got 0 correct.
So there you go, a little fun game to play with your friends. Next year, depending on how many people come to the party, I’m going to make the test even more tricky. And oh yeah, here was me reading the answers to the test at the party in case you missed my post on it last week.