Bachelor in Paradise 3

“Bachelor in Paradise” Recap & the Next “Bachelor” Being Announced Tonight

BIPlogo2
Photo Credit: ABC

Last night was one of the few times I was in CA when the show was airing. And not only that, I didn’t get to watch it when it aired because I was at my fantasy football draft. I’m not gonna bore you with draft stories or tell you all about my team. Just know my team is good and I’m going to win. So there. But getting back to the matter at hand, living in Texas and getting to watch the show live with the east coast is something that I apparently have never fully appreciated. I’d never want to live tweet the show a couple hours after over half of the US has already watched the episode. Just seems kinda pointless since so many opinions have already been thrown around about it and it’ll influence your tweets I would think. Having grown up on the west coast I never really had to deal with this since I was never there when social media was a huge thing. I moved to TX in 2006 and that was before Twitter and Instagram were even around or popular for that matter. I think Facebook was in its early stages. As much as I love the west coast, I’d hate being hours behind on shows people have already seen. That’d drive me nuts. Guess I’d have to make sure I got the east coast feed.

Nell Kalter has your RHOC recap now up for your reading pleasure. I think we might be in week 45 of this season, but hey, she’s still going strong writing about it so you might as well read it.

So according to Sean Lowe’s tweet last night, the next “Bachelor” is getting announced on “After Paradise” tonight, exactly like they did last season with Ben. I’ve told you for two months I expect it to be Luke, I haven’t heard any information that has been different than that since, so I expect him to be announced tonight. I’ve already gotten emails about people telling me Chase snapped this morning he was on a plane traveling, etc. Could there have been something that fell through last minute I’m not aware of? Sure. Has happened before (like Caila this past season). However, remember that last year on the announcement, they had Nick on stage and tried to fake everyone out coming back from commercial, so I wouldn’t put it past them to have Chase post that on purpose to throw people off. Or even have Chase thinking it’s him up to the last possible minute. Let me tell you, I’d be shocked if it was Chase. All my intel for the last 2 months has said it’s going to be Luke, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Guess we’ll get our answer tonight.

Last week I tweeted about having some of the girls already for the next season, and just based purely on looks, some really attractive girls we’re gonna have. Obviously I don’t release them until after they leave for filming, so it’ll be a few weeks before you see them, but hey, I’m allowed to comment on a few. I have shared a couple of the girls with people from the franchise who’ve asked, so they’ve seen a couple, but just faces. I just don’t’ like giving stuff away like that, so they don’t know names. Even they seemed to like them. Also, people can get cut at the last minute and not make the final cast, that’s why I don’t release them until later. But I’m getting more and more as we get closer, so I’ll fill you in once I think it’s “safe” to do so like I do every season. I have already heard a potential location for next season for overnights and final rose ceremony that I’m trying to get confirmation on as well. If it is this place, it’s somewhere they’ve never been. But I have no idea when that’ll get confirmed.

For those who turned in Thursday night for the live chat, sorry about the technical issues but I couldn’t get the show to start and I tried everything. Crowdcast hasn’t been helpful and I’m sick of dealing with it, so unfortunately, there won’t be any more live chats for the foreseeable future. I’m going to start focusing on podcasting and hope to have that up and running when the “Bachelor” rolls around in January of 2017. Gonna start as a weekly podcast, then go from there to see if I want to add more.

Your poll question revolves around, who else? Josh. What’d you think of the meltdown last night?

1. bunnybuns

August 30, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Okay, I don’t normally say this but why doesn’t Jarod just tell Ashley I. to f*ck off. I know this is harsh but I mean really! Why is he enabling her? He’s willing to risk a great relationship to babysit Ashley who is quickly becoming a stalker. I’m sure she’s a nice girl and all but get on with your life already!!! That’s all from me! Thanks, Cathy

2. kimmyfromdablock

August 30, 2016 at 12:17 PM

I totally agree with you bunnybuns (nice name). I was thinking why does he continue to babysit her — what a weasel. Run Caila run!!

How does Amanda not see what everyone is warning her about? He actually did a demonstration for her last night. The guy is a hot headed, aggressive loser!! She is one desperate dim bulb.

I have enjoyed Carly’s turnaround with Evan.

Wells was a breath of fresh air.

August 30, 2016 at 12:33 PM

I gotta say, Josh is a complete idiot to think that he could come on a Reality Show to rehab his image. You can just see the producers pushing his buttons by sending Evan and Nick into poke him repeatedly. The entire goal is to get Josh to melt down on national TV. Now if Josh was, in fact, a laid back guy, he’d probably come off OK. He’d be a little annoyed, maybe complain, but he wouldn’t contort his face, turn bright red and act as angry as he does unless…. he has a real problem with anger. Evan had a quote a few episodes back where he said that people who regurgitate affirmational quotes all the time are just trying to hide their real self.

That’s what Josh does and it’s very transparent. He can’t control is anger, and he flashes it quite easily. It’s been an epic fail on his part trying to look good & repair his image. He’s done the opposite. I can totally see what Andi was saying.

4. crushonspivey

August 30, 2016 at 12:34 PM

My favorite part of last night was after Cailla and Ashley had their fight and agreed to stay away from each other, they showed them sitting together talking by the pool when Wells walked in. So yeah, that fight wasn’t toally staged and fake.

Another favorite part was seeing Nick and Josh sit on opposite sides of someone chatting. Because, you know, they hate each other and avoid each other. But I did love teh Jersey Shore style fake fight.

And if you have not figured out that this show is highly scripted and manipulated, you are dumb. By scripted I do not mean the words are written and they are memorizing lines. by scripted I mean teh talks and fights are choreographed. Who talks to who about what is choreographed. Who enters when is choreographed. Seriously, how many times this season alone have we seen someone talk about someone for them to walk in next? Seriously, they aren’t even trying to hide it. They want maximum fake drama, and have put together the show to reflect that.

And as for the engagements? LOLZ. none of those couples even like each other. Don’t BS me into thinking any of them are really engaged. Stop the BS Elan. Seriously, stop it.

Steve, keep up the good work taking the p*$$ out of this franchise. But you really need to be more brutal towards BIP contestants. They deserve it.

5. duckquack

August 30, 2016 at 1:45 PM

Dumbshley is entertainment for the Bachelor in Paradise, the writers for the show are square pegs, with no imagination….Dumbshley is fuggley when she opens her mouth it looks like a cow’s as___hole, and then the p__s starts flowing and drowning her face.

For as long as one party is deeply in love with the other they can’t have a friendship, nor can Dumbshley force someone to love her if they don’t….This stooopid girl should have gone to 5 weeks of therapy instead of taking her a_s to Mexico….A drunk is a drunk and they will follow alcohol no matter where it leads them….Jared is nice to her out of pity, and she wants people to pity her, dumb LOSER.

Not sure why they bring bleached twins on the show, they would do much better at traveling circus than this show…bah..get rid of these two plastic dummies.
    Go Evan go!!
    Nick poking the bear worked like a charm.

6. maddie17

August 30, 2016 at 2:22 PM

As someone whose had my fair share of relationship woes (read: obsessions), I can look back and appreciate the men who were honest and upfront about how they felt about me. It would hurt to know that they couldn’t picture me romantically, but it hurt less than the several times I was strung along by emotionally unavailable men. Yes I take full responsibility for knowing that something wasn’t right, but I was not strong enough to walk away because I wanted it to work out so badly. With that said, it’s time for Jared to man up.

I liked Ashley on The Bachelor even with all her craziness, but BIP is another story. If at this point Jared said he wanted to be with her, would it even feel special? Knowing that you had to beg a guy to be with you, what does that tell you about your worth? I admire Caila for being so restrained last night, I might have lost it on Ashley who you can clearly see manipulating Caila and enjoying every bit of it. Even if Ashley is saying that we didn’t see everything as a way of trying to defend her behaviour, you get to a point in your life where you want to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them. That knowing should be enough to stop being cruel and truly being happy for your “friend” Jared if he’s found this with someone else (I’ve never been a fan of being friends with an ex since it can be complicated, but to each his own). And KNOWING that your turn is coming; you should become love, so you can attract love. Mean-girling Caila will not get her closer to her goal.

As for Josh and Amanda, it doesn’t matter how many people tell her he’s not right (not saying he’s not), if she wants to be with him, she’ll be with him.

7. thedoctor

August 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM

This show is making no f-inf sense. Ant others have stated so fake and producer driven. The twins do all they can to stay even given the Canadian guy a really lame kiss and now a couple days later decide to leave. Why?

Time to revamp this train wreck. More drunkedness, more nudity, more hookups.

8. cjscjs711

August 30, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Josh really should have read Andi’s book. I’m sure she could have said a lot more about him (negatively) than she did. It was about her experience going through a very public breakup (that the public seemed to feel entitled to an explanation about). They broke up, there was a reason why, or reasons – of course there’s going to be some negative experiences. Who breaks up because there were too many positive experiences.

9. angelamarie32

August 30, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Really???? Nick is the next Bachelor?! Kill me now!

10. thedoctor

August 30, 2016 at 8:48 PM

So looks like the whole season of BIP was set up to lead to Nick being the Bach, NO wonder the season sucked so much.

11. yoyotono

August 30, 2016 at 9:41 PM

I’m super surprised Nick is the Bachelor. I would have been fine with either Nick or Luke

August 31, 2016 at 7:14 AM

I think it’s as simple as the fact that Luke wasn’t up to the Bachelor standards. He’d be another Chris. Boring. With Nick, he’s well known and definitely not boring. To some, he’s a redemption story. To others he’s a self centered player and a bad guy. Either way, that’s good for ratings. RS always says it’s about the story lines and the women, and he’s largely right. But if the show thinks they can squeeze another 100-200K+ viewers out of a better Bachelor choice, that’s what they’ll do. Certainly the choice of Nick has already gained way more attention on Social Media than Luke would have. Controversy = Retweets, Shares & Interest.

August 31, 2016 at 7:20 AM

In some ways picking Nick is not unlike the last minute choice of JoJo. The usual choice would have been Caila because of the difficulties with trying to make the F2 credible (bye Ben, hello Bachelorette) and timing…. but Caila is kinda boring. So the show decided to juice it up, deal with the extra complexities and pick JoJo. I think that was the right pick, although the season was still a bit of a dud. You have to say that Caila would have been deadly boring & certainly wouldn’t have helped at all.

The show is definitely opening up to more bolder choices for the leads rather than choosing between last year’s F3 & F4 for the role. At this point they haven’t gone outside the show for a lead in a long time. But, who knows? That’s a good thing, I think. Sticking to a dull formula stubbornly is a recipe for ratings decline and failure. Maybe the show finally realizes that they have to spruce things up.