Bachelor in Paradise 3

“Bachelor In Paradise” Recap, Reality TV Awards Voting, & Nick/Jen Drama Amps Up

Photo Credit: ABC

“And now, the end is near…” Holy crap BIP flew by didn’t it? Finally we get our resolution tonight for what you’ve known was gonna happen for two months. Three engagements, and a Nick/Jen breakup, which was made much more interesting in the last week due to his “Bachelor” announcement and the subsequent media stories that have Jen not too thrilled with him since then. I know they weren’t dating, so he couldn’t have dumped her to become the “Bachelor,” but she seems upset at something. Guess we’ll find out tonight. Will make a rather boring/predictable finale definitely worth watching. All 3 engaged couples are still together. You know, to capitalize on Instagram/social media money that’s out there. The Nick/Jen stuff is the only compelling storyline left. Can you believe it? Last “Bachelor” related column til January when Nick’s season starts airing. Tomorrow is your last “Reader Emails” and Thursday your last “Dr. Reality Steve” til January as well. I’m in Vegas this weekend (and by the way, FINALLY seeing Britney on Friday night and not the least bit ashamed), so “Daily Links” will start back up next Tuesday and essentially be every day (or most days) through the end of the year.

Once Nick season starts filming towards the end of this month, obviously I will be revealing contestants and spoiling in real time. Social media tweets, IG posts, and any information I get exclusively to me. I’ve gotten a couple more contestants since last week as well, but I won’t be revealing them until we get closer to filming beginning. You know that’s how I work. But definitely a good looking group of girls (at least the ones I have so far), which should also not be much of a surprise because, well, they don’t really cast ugly people on this show. Sure, there have been a couple questionable ones over the years that may not have fit the mold, but in over 500 female contestants in the history of this franchise, you can’t really say more than 1 or 2% weren’t attractive in some way. Regardless, the more I get, the more I’ll have to release come the end of this month.

Everyone wish Nell Kalter a “Happy Back to School Day” and go read her RHOC recap because it’s brilliant. Go get em’ Nell. Or not. I’m sure you’re thrilled that school starts back up today and are chomping at the bit to deal with a bunch of over sexed high school students studying film. Good luck.

In case you missed it last Friday, Luke actually gave an interview to US Weekly regarding not getting chosen. He says he was told last Sunday night they decided to go with someone else and he was set to leave Monday morning for LA. I highly doubt he’s making that up since we know they’ve done it in the past. Will ABC address this? Of course not. I’m just surprised Luke went public with that. We know Arie and Caila got played, but they never gave interviews about it. Arie chimed in after Luke’s statement echoing that it happened to him too, but at the time when it happened, he never went into detail like Luke did. I guess Luke just doesn’t give sh** what ABC thinks. Good for him I guess. But since he’s not the first person it’s happened to, and certainly won’t be the last, can’t say I feel too sorry for him. Sucks, but that’s what this show does.

You can now vote for me for “Best Reality TV Website” for the Reality TV Awards held Nov. 2nd in LA. You don’t even have to vote for all the categories if you don’t want. Just go to this site, enter your email address, and begin voting. You can vote once a day until Oct. 2nd when voting ends. If I win this thing, I’d be shocked. But hey, you never know. So please vote and maybe we can shock the world.

The most asked question I received in the last week? “You said you know of 5 women from the franchise Nick has slept with. Who are they?” Well if I wanted people to know who the five were, I would’ve told you in the column. That wasn’t the point of me bringing it up. It was more to the effect of the fact he’s gotten around in the franchise, and now he’s the next lead, so there’s no doubt you need to call into question his sincerity about really trying to find someone to get engaged to. Oh for sure he’ll be engaged at the end of his season. There’s no doubt that’ll happen. But staying together for ever and ever? Well of course that’ll be questioned, and I gotta think if you’re the final girl at the end, you’d absolutely have to question his sincerity as well. And oh yeah, I forgot one on Nick’s list. It’s 6 that I know of. Which means there’s definitely gotta be more.

Not to mention Lauren Himle went on a local radio show in Michigan and said that Nick dumped Jen to be on the “Bachelor,” and that Jen is pissed. As is Lauren. Well, Lauren is close to Jen so there’s obviously merit to this story. What I can tell you is that Nick and Jen definitely weren’t dating, so when Lauren throws the word “dumped” in there, it automatically makes people assuming they were a couple and he dumped her to take the “Bachelor” gig. That didn’t happen. Nick and Jen were never a couple after Paradise ended filming. All I hear is that they were very close and talked daily, but being on opposite coasts, they certainly weren’t an exclusive couple. So hopefully Jen will clarify things on “After Paradise” tonight. I do hear that she’s pissed though, so I’m curious as to what exactly Nick was feeding her while they were talking daily.

Here’s your poll question. Even though we still need to hear Jen tonight, what do you think?

1. purplerayne

September 6, 2016 at 10:02 AM

At 26, I think Jen (and Lauren’s) definition of dumped is very different from the majority of adults. Maybe they both need to read Hes Not That Into You.

September 6, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Based on how my millennial children date, Jen’s idea of what constitutes a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is not even in the same zip code. Talking through social media does not equal a committed relationship. Two weeks together at the beach, at most, would constitute a hookup, even if they had sex (which I’m not sure Jen and Nick even had sex). It wouldn’t rise to the level of being called “dating” and they would never be considered boyfriend/girlfriend. So, by definition, there was no way there could have been a breakup. They were never together.

So either this is Producer manufactured drama, or Jen is from another planet.

3. beckola

September 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM

If it were me and I was getting along with someone I’d suggest we do the engagement to get the $100k+ ring. From what I read they don’t actually have to get married to keep it just be together 2 years after. So if you plan on dating post show anyway, why not just give it a try. If you break up you give it back but if you stay together and do end up deciding to get married, you have a nice mutual asset to possibly sell and get a more ‘normal’$10kish ring plus $90k+ to put down on a house, start a family, etc..

4. atleast4characters

September 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM

I was awaiting Monday’s episode to see them omit the scene of Shu crying and asking “why are you making me cry?” because it was obvious her question was directed at the interviewer in her ITM. Of course they used a clip of it without the full context in the season previews (see the first episode, or even JoJo’s Men Tell All episode).
    Shushanna’s my Emily (a reference to Steve’s mild infatuation with Emily the epidemiologist from Stormhorse’s season). I just hope she now has the sense to stay away from this franchise.

5. shouldbeworking

September 6, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Jen: Face it, Nick just used you for sex.
    Josh: You really should get that hyperhydrosis checked. That was nasty looking at all that sweating tonight.
    Amanda: If you think Josh is going to allow your daughter to sleep in the same bed as you and him- think again.
    Michelle Collins: Hope you’re not invited back next season. You can tell Sean can’t stand you.
    Grant and Lace: Good luck…’re going to need it.

6. kimmyfromdablock

September 6, 2016 at 7:14 PM

I’m not a big fan of Nick and his closed mouth slushy voice…..but c’mon. What guy or gal isn’t going to grab a Bachelor/ette offer and run with it??? Unless he thought Jen was the love of his life, then why not? He’s smarmy and he can get his smarm on with a whole gaggle of gals.

7. TeresaRenee

September 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Jen is probably pissed bc Nick sweet talked his way into bed with her and broke things off the next day.

8. jlal

September 7, 2016 at 5:52 AM

I agree with everyone here that Nick didn’t “dump” Jen. You have to actually have a relationship first to be dumped.
    Josh’s sweating was just over the top and gross. Don’t think he and Amanda will last.
    Don’t care for Michelle Collins either.
    Can’t stand the way Nick talks, slushy is the best word I can use. It has bothered me since I first saw him on the Bachelorette. I don’t think he is “in it for the right reasons”, but than none of them are. Guess I am too old to see what young girls find attractive about him; I don’t get it at all.
    Love Evan and Carly and hope they make it all the way.
    Lace and Grant, may just be perfect together. He gets her brand of crazy.

9. missannmcd

September 7, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Lace just might be capable of kicking Grant’s a$$ if or when he cheats. I’m with the poster who wonders why women are so attracted to Nick. I know his type; he makes himself agreeable and sympathizes with women (victims) on purpose. He knows he will get them into bed through his false but convincing sincerity act. He’s come to “save” her. It’s all very obvious to me how devious he is. There are plenty more like him. *gagging* Anyway, did anyone watch Ashley I on the Millionare Matchmaker?