The Bachelor 21 - Nick

“Bachelor” Nick Episode 3 Recap Incl “Beard Hunk” & Rodgers Family Drama

Photo Credit: E! Online

-So we pick up where we left off – sort of. I thought maybe they’d pick right back up from the group date after he sends Liz home and tells the other 5 girls he had sex with Liz 9 months ago. We don’t. We just get the girls back in the mansion talking about Nick’s revelation and if they’re going to say anything to him at the cocktail party that night. So Nick shows up at the cocktail party, and in front of all of them, admits that yes indeedy he did do the deed with Liz at Tanner and Jade’s wedding, it was fabulous, and he wishes he could do it again. Ok, maybe he didn’t quite say that, but you get my point. He let them know what was going down, we saw some confused and sullen faces, but that didn’t stop each and every one of them from taking time out that night to ask him about it. It was a like a bizarro version of “Beard Hunk.” Quite timely that SNL aired that this weekend after what we saw last night. But instead of talking vapidly to him, they asked him about it, he told them, and they were over it in .5 seconds, kinda like we’ve been over it for 2 weeks now.

-Danielle L. was one of the girls who talked to him about it and basically just kissed Nick’s ass. Hell, he could’ve banged Liz right in front of Danielle and she probably wouldn’t have cared. “I figured he’d handle it that way.” Really? Based on what? You’ve known the guy less than a week and his track record is showing numerous hookups with girls in this franchise, some of which you’re completely unaware of. However, this talk was shown because it really had nothing to do with how Danielle reacted to Nick and Liz. Knowing Danielle gets the group date rose later on, and then her first 1-on-1 next week, all it did was showcase her to the audience who basically haven’t seen or heard from her since she was first out of the limo. You see that quite a bit on this show, so it’s something to pay attention to. You know who else they made sure to show had time with Nick this week, especially considering they she wasn’t even on a date? Raven. And lookie who has a 1-on-1 next week as well. This show isn’t rocket science. Next week we’ll also see his connection with Rachel build along with Taylor and Corinne at each other’s throats. And guess who’s 1-on-1 and 2-on-1’s are the following week? You guessed it.

-But of course, what start of the show wouldn’t be complete with hot mess Corinne doing hot messy things? Even though she’s safe with a group date rose, Corinne is told by producers randomly decides to put on a trenchcoat with only her bra on underneath for her alone time with Nick. She says she has the “IT factor that guys really like.” If the IT factor she’s referring to needs to be treated with a penicillin shot, then yeah, no thanks Corinne. We’ll pass. So there’s a whipped cream bottle conveniently laying next to them in the backyard that Corinne sprays in his mouth. Then on her boob so Nick can lick it off. But afterwards Nick has buyer’s remorse, or more likely, a fungus now growing on his tongue. Says they need to cool it and Nick says they have to stop. This sends Corinne into a crying whirlwind as her master plan of trying to conceive Nick’s child through a whipped cream licking didn’t succeed. But very big and honest of Nick to admit that might’ve gone too far – AFTER he licked whipped cream off her breast. Stand up guy.

-Corinne is a mess in the bathroom crying saying it didn’t go as she planned and she goes and falls asleep during the rose ceremony for the first time in this show’s history. Ahhh, the perks you get when you’re a producer puppet. Anyway, it’s Rose Ceremony time. Corinne, Danielle M., and Christen safe with roses, yet, they never showed Nick giving Christen the group date rose. Nor did they ever really acknowledge it at the rose ceremony. You just had to look to see her standing there with one because her name definitely wasn’t called. Reality Steve: 1, Show: 0. Won’t be the only time this season I tell you about something that’s never shown I’m sure. Nick: “Thanks so much…amazing to make real connections with all of you…women going home tonight…thank you from the bottom of my heart…and please don’t kiss me after you receive a rose tonight because it’s quite possible Corinne’s bial is still in my mouth and you don’t want that.”

Astrid: Boobs McBooberson gets to flaunt the ladies later on this episode.
Taylor: I think she’d poison Corinne’s drink if she could.
Whitney: It’d be nice if Whitney would join us on the show this season.
Kristina: The Russian Hacker is just plotting her master plan.
Danielle L.: Since Astrid stole her Boobs McBooberson nickname, I guess we’ll just have to go with Tits McGee. Only 6 days away from the girls being exposed to all of those in attendance at the Pabst theater.
Rachel: Stealth so far. Big game coming up.
Vanessa: I mean…
Raven: Hey, he just called 3 of his final 4 in a row. The other one is already safe and sleeping in the room.
Jaimi: She mentioned lesbian this episode. So is she bi or lesbian?
Dominique: I wish we knew who this girl was.
Sarah: All I know about her is she hangs out with Amanda Stanton.
Alexis: If you don’t think Shark Girl will be on Paradise, you don’t know how this show works.
Brittany: A leaf bikini and the same name as Jordan Rodgers ex, and still no one could pick her out of a lineup of one.
Josephine: Bizarro chick.

“Ladies, Nick, this is the final rose tonight. When you’re ready. Did you know ‘Millionaire’ got renewed for another season, and I’ll be the one hosting again? I’m kind of a big deal in case you didn’t know. I host like 7 shows and it takes zero talent to do any of them.”

Jasmine: Her exit in St. Thomas all makes sense now based on what we’ve seen in 3 episodes. She always seems to be on edge about Nick.

1. hayleyyy

January 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Based on what I’ve seen on social media, I know I’m in the minority when I say that Vanessa just doesn’t do it for me. Initially, it was her abnormally small head/face (compared to her body) and too thin hair – petty, I know, but it’s a turnoff for me. And after watching her on TV and perusing her instagram, I get the sense that she might be a lot more sassy than the edit lets on. Call it women’s intuition, but she seems like she could have a really b-tchy, bossy side to her! She also comes across as slightly too norm core for Nick. She doesn’t dress fashionably or have that pretty group of girlfriends (based on IG), whereas Nick is all about that Instagram-trendy-girl life. I dunno. I’ll probably get lambasted for these assumptions – which I know they are just that – ASSUMPTIONS. But it’s what I feel!

Oh and praising her for speaking 3 languages besides English? It’s not that big of a deal. Like her, I come from an ethnic family so I speak 2 automatically. And people who are born and raised in Montreal all speak French, so no big whoop.

2. j1scarlett

January 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM

They didn’t show Christen getting the group date rose, but it was one of the first things one of the girls said at the beginning of the show. They didn’t need to acknowledge it at the rose ceremony because they already had, you just weren’t paying attention I guess..

3. crushonspivey

January 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM

Vanessa grew on me last night. But I do want to see if she has a wenchy side. Calling Danielle L fake and being very direct in a rude way might be a turn off. Some girls don;t get that most guys prefer girls who are more chill and real, and not insecure and cray. And we have seen nothing so far to make Danielle L seem fake. Plus, she is probably the prettiest girl in the house overall.

Corinne is pure entertainment, and it is easy to see that she is all too willing to just do what the producers ask her to do. I mean, as if she had organized having a bouncy house there herself right? Let’s stop pretending that some contestants on this show aren’t cast to play a role. Because she clearly is. So obvious. The bounce house. The constant sleeping now. Her overaggressiveness. All a role to get under the skin of other girls, and it is working. Hope she got paid well for her role.

January 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM

I know Corrinne is entertainment, but it’s annoying entertainment. The things she does are wholly predictable, clearly producer driven and pathetic. I feel (a little) sorry for her because she’s obviously been spoiled beyond belief by her rich moronic parents. She is now unable to do anything for herself & that’s sad. This is what parents do when they don’t want their little angels to suffer & struggle at all with basic life responsibilities. Then they wonder why their kids wander out of the house and implode completely. When you refuse to do things for them, refuse to buy non essential items for them and make them learn how to wash clothes, have a job to pay for their fun, buy their own car, cook and clean up behind themselves, they learn valuable lessons. Corrinne is an extreme example of the opposite approach. He parents really should be whipped for their complete failure to their daughter. And Corrinne knows she’s incompetent. She tries to put on a brave face and make a spectacle of herself for attention. But her heavy drinking tells me she’s in a lot of pain & is unable to cope with the world without her nanny there to do everything for her. That’s really sad.

5. shouldbeworking

January 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM

rob22 I totally agree with your analysis of the train wreck that is Corinne. I, too, feel sorry for her. She’s in for a rough life.

6. kimmyfromdablock

January 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Count me in as someone who does NOT feel sorry for Corinne. Taking into account that some of her behavior has been created for television, she is an adult and needs to be accountable for ALL of her behavior, including crying like a petulant child when things don’t do go her way.

Vanessa seems okay, but I too get the impression that she is a bit superior and doesn’t seem like the right fit for Nick. I actually don’t know who would be the right fit for Nick because the boy is clearly not there to find a wife. He seems very young for his age.

7. purplerayne

January 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM

LOL Focusing on someone’s hair thickness and putting down her ability to speak 3 languages (which the show/nick are impressed by, its not something she’s shoving down our throats), screams of some weird insecurity on your side. But thats the bachelor fan world… a lot of weird people who pick apart these contestants based on their own issues.

I really like Danielle Lo, but like RS said, she would be saying same thing to Chase or Luke. So yeah, I can see how she could be labeled fake.

So far both Danielles, Vanessa and Raven are coming in strong. Still hoping to see more of Rachel’s personality.

January 17, 2017 at 1:47 PM

Yeah Kimmy, I get the NOT part too. She’s not 15, so she is an adult and responsible for her own behavior. And parents are not wholly responsible for how their kids turn out. You can do the best possible job and they can still become pathetic adults… or conversely, I have some friends with terrible parents that are nonetheless wonderful people. What I was reacting to is the nanny. Essentially, at an adult age, the parents identified a problem called “our daughter is helpless”. Rather than having a moment of clarity and starting to teach their daughter some life skills, they instead hired her a nanny. Think about that thought process for a minute. They couldn’t be bothered to actually teach their own daughter ANY life skills. Again, I get it. There’s nothing that prevents Corrinne from taking a cooking class, learning how to do laundry, etc…. or hey, maybe move into her own apartment. Boy, that’s a bridge too far, I guess. She does have to own that as an adult. But the pathetic parenting in enabling Corrinne’s incompetence & helplessness is just so painfully obvious.