The Bachelor 21 - Nick

“Bachelor” Nick Episode 3 Recap Incl “Beard Hunk” & Rodgers Family Drama

Photo Credit: E! Online

-“Backstreet’s back, all right!” I saw enough Backstreet Boys references on Twitter last night that’ll last me a lifetime. So I promise I won’t give you any. But when they showed up to surprise the girls at the mansion, it was like Oprah was giving away free sh** by the freak out job some of these girls did. “You a get a Backstreet Boy, you get a Backstreet Boy…” I can’t remember which one it was but they were sprinting in place like they had to pee. This is the Backstreet Boys, you do realize that, right? Hell, none of you were probably over 5 years old when they were relevant. Keep your panties on. With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if I find myself at their concert in Vegas come this June, which I’m thinking right now is when this year’s Reality Steve Fan Appreciation Party is happening this year. I will keep you updated on the exact date and location. Don’t have it finalized just yet. I will let you know when I do for all those interested.

-You’re never gonna believe this, but Corinne is a horrible dancer and she’s nervous to perform in front of so many people. The chick who doesn’t mind taking off her top and acting like a complete bimbo for 7 million people a week nationwide is embarrassed about dancing in front of 500 people. Makes sense. Then again, how could we expect her to be good at dancing when her nanny isn’t there to help move her limbs in every direction. Considering Racquel does just about everything for her, it’s no surprise Corinne can’t dance without any nanny help. I was just watching to see who was worse: Corinne on this group date, or Nikki when she had to do the K Pop group date dance on Juan Pablo’s season. You be the judge:

God that was bad too. The South Koreans must think we’re all a bunch of weirdos.

-As for the concert itself, we got a lot of pics and videos the night that took place that were almost better than what we saw last night. However, because we knew Corinne hated dancing and being there, I’m glad the show decided to focus on her a couple times to see how truly terrible and horrified she looked up there. No doubt Corinne was struggling up there. Of course she was. Because she wasn’t allowed to be naked or spray whipped cream all over herself. You mean, actually using a talent for something? Unheard of. Danielle L. killed it, you could see it coming a mile away and the Backstreet Boys awarded her with the serenade for the night. So she got a full make out with Nick in front of the other girls which basically sent Corinne into a tizzy because she couldn’t handle someone else getting attention from Nick. Even though there are 17 other girls remaining in the house at this point. So in one sense, Corinne is no different than any other “character” in the past who can’t handle when the leads dates other people. She just takes it to the 1000th degree. And she’s annoying.

-At the after party, Corinne had to steak Nick away first and she did. She tells him that she just doesn’t do well with “planned dancing.” Nick: “You mean choreography?” Corinne: “Yeah, that.” Good Lord. I’d say Corinne is about as bright as a box of hammers but that would be an insult to all hammers. Corinne mentions she isn’t great at planned dancing because she has bad short term memory. Translation: I’m a blonde ditz. I don’t get anything. She then apologized for not being at the previous night’s rose ceremony, and Nick completely dismisses it. “Don’t worry about last night.” Ummmm, why? She’s the first person in show history to ever miss a rose ceremony that I can remember, and you even apologized to the girls before the rose ceremony for it. But you can’t tell Corinne to get her sh** together and not pull stuff like that again? Oh that’s right, Elan is your marionette just pulling the strings and you’re going along with it. All makes sense now.

-We get to see a little time of Danielle L. with Nick and she tells him “I can see myself falling in love with you.” That’s nice. Filming at this point had been going on 6 days, she had a group date on the 2nd day, a cocktail party, and now this. And she can see herself falling in love with him. Something tells me if Danielle L. was sitting across from Luke, or Chase, or any other person they had sign a contract to throw people off, she would’ve said the same exact thing. Considering she’s already lying about how many businesses she’s owned, and considering how much we’ve “seen” of her all across the internet, I don’t think it’s far fetched in the least bit to think Danielle will be front and center come Paradise time, bopping around in her bikini for 2 ½ weeks trying to land some guy to keep her relevant for another few months. Just a hunch.

-After her meeting with Nick, Corinne was tired so producers let her she really needed a nap. When she came back in with the rest of the girls, she told them she was napping, mentioned something about her nipple being out, then decided to drop on all of them that she has a nanny. Jasmine’s response was priceless? “Do you have kids? Why do you have a nanny?” We find out that Corinne’s nanny makes her bed, makes her vegetable slices for lunch, puts just the right amount of dressing on her salads…like you couldn’t make this sh** up. So if Corinne is, it’s just stupid. And if she’s not, then there is no stereotype of her being a spoiled brat because she is one. The biggest thing we learned is that her nanny makes the best cheese pasta, which in my book means “Kraft Mac-n-Cheese.” And if Corinne can’t do any of this stuff for herself, she might as well just check straight into a nursing home. She’ll never make it in life. And oh yeah, Danielle got the group date rose, Corinne is none too happy, and I’m sure she’s got something in store for Nick at the next cocktail party. Does she ever.

1. hayleyyy

January 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM

Based on what I’ve seen on social media, I know I’m in the minority when I say that Vanessa just doesn’t do it for me. Initially, it was her abnormally small head/face (compared to her body) and too thin hair – petty, I know, but it’s a turnoff for me. And after watching her on TV and perusing her instagram, I get the sense that she might be a lot more sassy than the edit lets on. Call it women’s intuition, but she seems like she could have a really b-tchy, bossy side to her! She also comes across as slightly too norm core for Nick. She doesn’t dress fashionably or have that pretty group of girlfriends (based on IG), whereas Nick is all about that Instagram-trendy-girl life. I dunno. I’ll probably get lambasted for these assumptions – which I know they are just that – ASSUMPTIONS. But it’s what I feel!

Oh and praising her for speaking 3 languages besides English? It’s not that big of a deal. Like her, I come from an ethnic family so I speak 2 automatically. And people who are born and raised in Montreal all speak French, so no big whoop.

2. j1scarlett

January 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM

They didn’t show Christen getting the group date rose, but it was one of the first things one of the girls said at the beginning of the show. They didn’t need to acknowledge it at the rose ceremony because they already had, you just weren’t paying attention I guess..

3. crushonspivey

January 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM

Vanessa grew on me last night. But I do want to see if she has a wenchy side. Calling Danielle L fake and being very direct in a rude way might be a turn off. Some girls don;t get that most guys prefer girls who are more chill and real, and not insecure and cray. And we have seen nothing so far to make Danielle L seem fake. Plus, she is probably the prettiest girl in the house overall.

Corinne is pure entertainment, and it is easy to see that she is all too willing to just do what the producers ask her to do. I mean, as if she had organized having a bouncy house there herself right? Let’s stop pretending that some contestants on this show aren’t cast to play a role. Because she clearly is. So obvious. The bounce house. The constant sleeping now. Her overaggressiveness. All a role to get under the skin of other girls, and it is working. Hope she got paid well for her role.

January 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM

I know Corrinne is entertainment, but it’s annoying entertainment. The things she does are wholly predictable, clearly producer driven and pathetic. I feel (a little) sorry for her because she’s obviously been spoiled beyond belief by her rich moronic parents. She is now unable to do anything for herself & that’s sad. This is what parents do when they don’t want their little angels to suffer & struggle at all with basic life responsibilities. Then they wonder why their kids wander out of the house and implode completely. When you refuse to do things for them, refuse to buy non essential items for them and make them learn how to wash clothes, have a job to pay for their fun, buy their own car, cook and clean up behind themselves, they learn valuable lessons. Corrinne is an extreme example of the opposite approach. He parents really should be whipped for their complete failure to their daughter. And Corrinne knows she’s incompetent. She tries to put on a brave face and make a spectacle of herself for attention. But her heavy drinking tells me she’s in a lot of pain & is unable to cope with the world without her nanny there to do everything for her. That’s really sad.

5. shouldbeworking

January 17, 2017 at 11:17 AM

rob22 I totally agree with your analysis of the train wreck that is Corinne. I, too, feel sorry for her. She’s in for a rough life.

6. kimmyfromdablock

January 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM

Count me in as someone who does NOT feel sorry for Corinne. Taking into account that some of her behavior has been created for television, she is an adult and needs to be accountable for ALL of her behavior, including crying like a petulant child when things don’t do go her way.

Vanessa seems okay, but I too get the impression that she is a bit superior and doesn’t seem like the right fit for Nick. I actually don’t know who would be the right fit for Nick because the boy is clearly not there to find a wife. He seems very young for his age.

7. purplerayne

January 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM

LOL Focusing on someone’s hair thickness and putting down her ability to speak 3 languages (which the show/nick are impressed by, its not something she’s shoving down our throats), screams of some weird insecurity on your side. But thats the bachelor fan world… a lot of weird people who pick apart these contestants based on their own issues.

I really like Danielle Lo, but like RS said, she would be saying same thing to Chase or Luke. So yeah, I can see how she could be labeled fake.

So far both Danielles, Vanessa and Raven are coming in strong. Still hoping to see more of Rachel’s personality.

January 17, 2017 at 1:47 PM

Yeah Kimmy, I get the NOT part too. She’s not 15, so she is an adult and responsible for her own behavior. And parents are not wholly responsible for how their kids turn out. You can do the best possible job and they can still become pathetic adults… or conversely, I have some friends with terrible parents that are nonetheless wonderful people. What I was reacting to is the nanny. Essentially, at an adult age, the parents identified a problem called “our daughter is helpless”. Rather than having a moment of clarity and starting to teach their daughter some life skills, they instead hired her a nanny. Think about that thought process for a minute. They couldn’t be bothered to actually teach their own daughter ANY life skills. Again, I get it. There’s nothing that prevents Corrinne from taking a cooking class, learning how to do laundry, etc…. or hey, maybe move into her own apartment. Boy, that’s a bridge too far, I guess. She does have to own that as an adult. But the pathetic parenting in enabling Corrinne’s incompetence & helplessness is just so painfully obvious.