The Bachelorette 14 - Becca

The “Bachelorette” Becca – Episode 9 Recap, (EXCLUSIVE) “Men Tell All” Spoilers, & an Editing Screw Job

The “Men Tell All” taped this past Friday in LA, and nothing huge came out of it, which is like most past Tell All shows. There’s only so much stuff you can contrive 2 months after the fact when half of these guys have already filmed a season of “Paradise,” and now you’re expecting them to carry on a storyline from when they were filming Becca’s season back in April. Here’s what you need to know.

The guys in attendance were:

1) Christian
11) David
12) Leo
13) Wills
14) Colton
15) Jason
16) Nick

-3 guys who got eliminated on night one were there: Christian, Jake, and Kamil.

-As expected, Lincoln wasn’t there. Speculation from Robert Mills appearance on the “Bachelor Party” podcast when he said Garrett would be at the MTA to address things was like I suspected, he just misspoke. He couldn’t say ATFR because that would give away Garrett is final two, so he said MTA for whatever reason. Garrett wasn’t there either.

-There was no talk all show about Lincoln and his situation or Garrett and his Instagram likes. Never brought up.

-For whatever reason, Clay, Mike the man bun and Ryan the banjo guy were not in attendance either. No reason given as to why.

-They called 6 different guys up to the hot seat:

1) Chris
2) Joe
3) Jordan
4) Wills
5) Colton
6) Jason

-I can’t remember any season where we were shown 6 people in the hot seat, so I’m guessing one or two of those will get cut for time.

-I know this is gonna come as a real surprise to people, but Jordan was basically the talk of the MTA. Colton really went after him for how he acted on the show and Jordan responded by taking shots at him for coming on the show when he liked Tia. Christian jumped in and called Jordan out, they both came down to face each other, but nothing came of it.

-Apparently Jordan acted on the MTA the same exact way he acts on the show. So his interviews and blog posts about how he’s not that guy, well, he apparently doesn’t do much to dispel that notion. He said f**k you to a bunch of people and even made a comment to Colton about he can pleasure his women. Again, this guys lack of self-awareness is hilarious.

-There was back and forth between David and Jordan regarding their beef from the show. David ultimately admitted he spent too much time focusing on Jordan and not enough on Becca. Jordan essentially took over the show, talked a million miles an hour, and became the focal point of the whole taping.

-Jean Blanc got made fun of for his situation and ended up apologizing to Becca. Leo said that after Jean Blanc did that whole “I love you situation,” they would refer to future idiot decisions as Jean Blanc-ing.

-When Colton was on the hot seat, the virgin stuff got brought up and he got choked up about it. Colton said that he flew Tia out to have a date with her before her Bachelor season even aired and that was kind of it. He said she knew he was going to go on the show and when it was announced it was Becca, Tia texted him and said that Becca is a great girl, etc. at the spa date, the three of them talked it out and he thought everything was done with Tia, or that everyone had moved on from that issue. When he got sent home, he said that Becca told him Tia showed up but she said him going home didn’t have anything to do with Tia.

-From “Bachelor in Paradise,” Krystal, Eric, Bibiana, and Kendall were in the audience. They showed a preview from “Paradise.”

-When Becca came out to talk to the guys, it was pretty much all positive. Jason asked if there was anything he could do differently in future relationships and she said no. Jason said he also hopes they can become friends in real life.

-Leo said he wanted to be friends with here and that whoever she’s with they need to focus on the positive.

-Chris was the last person to speak with Becca and he apologized for the way he acted and four people from the gospel group that sang for his limo entrance came out and sang a song about Chris being dumb and being sorry.

-In the previews for the finale, they didn’t even hint at the appearance of Arie showing up, so maybe they decided to cut it out? There’s only one episode left where he can appear, and Becca has said in previous interviews that Arie showed up this season and she got her closure with him. I don’t know, maybe it is in the Maldives, but you’d think they would at least teased it if that were the case. Nothing has been teased either at the end of last night’s episode, or at clips shown during the MTA taping.

July 24, 2018 at 9:53 AM

I thought the rafting scene on a Thai national holiday was funny because I once went tubing on Labor Day. It was the exact same thing here. A million people with the same idea. Wall to wall people the whole way. It’s not that great to be literally bumping into a lot of random people. Someone really messed up that idea. I know I’ll never repeat that mistake.

Anyway, this was one of those seasons where there hasn’t really been anything interesting on the show. It’s been all off the show stuff, and not in a good way. I’m not blaming Becca for this at all…. it’s the guys that have been pretty weak. There’s no way someone like Jason should even be in the F3. There is literally nothing interesting about the guy… not that Blake & whathisname F2 are Mr. Excitements either. I spent most of this season playing on the phone while we ran through the recorded video of the show. My wife would ask questions about something, then we’d have to rewind because neither of us were paying attention. It is truly amazing that they can put out a product this bad & still we watch (sort of). Shame on us, I guess.

2. adelina

July 24, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I am doing the math here and I done do reckon that our gal Becca is attracted to dumb guys.

Thick neck football dude + Arie + Garrett = dumb dudes. Garrett may take the cake in this category.

3. annem

July 24, 2018 at 10:12 AM

My understanding was that Arie’s “appearance” was the first one-on-one date with Blake when they literally trashed all signs of Arie, the engagement video footage, etc… I think it was just a ploy to get viewers to watch but he was never actually going to appear this season. I think Becca said as much on some talk show interview right before that episode aired. The interviewer said something like “so will you confront Arie?” and she nods knowingly and says something like, “he will make an appearance.” I don’t remember exactly.. it was a clip I saw on IG. I suppose we will see in the final episode, but I think if he was going to be on it there would be lots of hype at this point.

4. lovebeingretired

July 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM

The obvious conclusion, Adelina, is that Becca is not the brightest bulb in the box. Probably a very nice girl, but not so bright.

5. ctrealitygirl

July 24, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Well…Arie was posting to pix Instagram in early to mid May of he and Lauren in Bora Bora and then Hong Kong…so he was just a plane hop away from Thailand, where Becca was on overnight dates. And they were probably wrapping up around mid-May?? They could easily have filmed a scene with him there.
    And I agree with everyone about Garrett. I hadn’t noticed so much before last night’s episode how dumb he sounds. Yikes! Run Becca, run. But I’m also not digging Blake’s brooding either. In that rose ceremony scene where she gives Garrett the 1st rose, i also thought that Blake looked like he wanted to murder him! Scary. I’m pulling for Jason for Bachelor.

6. jlal

July 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM

I too liked the rafting trip. Was impressed with how well Garrett did too. I missed the Garrett is dumb parts. I think he seems like one of the more mature ones. It is not like this show give them time or at least shows them having deep intellectual conversations. I don’t know how tell if anyone is smart or stupid. Unless they’re glaringly stupid which I don’t think he is. Becca does seem to like the manly men though. Seeing who she has liked, I can’t believe she ever liked/loved Arie.
    Think Blake is hotter than heck. As for Jason, I don’t want a man who uses more hair products than me. Still team Blake or grocery Joe for bachelor.

7. tinyred500

July 24, 2018 at 2:48 PM

You beat me to it lovebeingretired and I totally agree. Although that said, we do only get an edited version of someone’s persona and we never see deep meaningful conversations; that what makes the show oh so cheesy!

8. tinyred500

July 24, 2018 at 3:01 PM

RS comments about the morning after the overnight date. Both Kaitlyn ‘and’
    JoJo had breakfast in bed with their men. I find the whole concept of the fantasy suite thing quite ghastly and gross. It’s not something I’d ever do or could ever contemplate, I’d have to pass…and run away! Lol 😀 I’d always be wondering what the lead got up to with the other girls even if he said he only wanted to talk! Nothing could ever be proven either way. 🙁

9. jlal

July 24, 2018 at 4:53 PM

I think the suite concept is sex and they play that up big time. However, that time can also be used to get to know each without the cameras and has been used that way too.

10. corn29

July 24, 2018 at 10:16 PM

@ctrealitygirl

> I hadn’t noticed so much before last night’s episode how dumb he sounds.

You so beat me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing. To say Garrett is dumber than a box of rocks is insulting to rocks.

11. corn29

July 24, 2018 at 10:17 PM

So Becca has said she wants someone who is 50/50 her partner.

So she boots Jason and keeps the two co-dependent guys.

Ummmm yeah, that makes sense!

12. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 1:10 AM

Sometimes it is played up for the cameras, but mostly it is what it is. The point is, there has never been alternative offered for those who just want to talk. The talking is always in a potentially salacious environment eg. The fantasy suite which involves an overnight stay in one bed. So it leads for both the contestants and viewers ‘wondering’. Personally I wouldn’t want to seen saying yes to that, even if all I was going to do was talk. I wouldn’t want those question marks above my head for ever more.

I’m sure contestants signing up for this probably think they’ll be able to both emotionally and physiologically cope with the idea of other intimacies…but I’m sure post filming and when cold reality finally kicks in….it’s a different matter altogether. I’m sure that’s a contributing factor why so many Bachelor couples break up. The Bachelorette’s seem to flair better, maybe it’s the notion that it’s normally one other man involved, opposed to two other females still involved like The Bachelor always have to have.

13. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 3:51 AM

You’re right that they don’t offer an alternative to the “fantasy suite”, but that is the point right? They don’t care and probably like it better if someone is uncomfortable, makes better TV. I don’t think the people wondering bothers anyone or at least it shouldn’t. They’re all adults and it is 2018, so there isn’t and shouldn’t be any shame involved.

Other than the occasional virgin and a few Christian contestants that make it a point to say they were waiting for marriage, they are all experienced adults. It is a given they have had other intimacies, so I don’t think that plays too much. If someone starts dating an adult that has had other relationships and they obsess about past intimacies they have way more issues, i.e. insecurities, possessiveness, jealousy, etc. that need considered. I would break up with someone for those traits, not their past. I say all this though as a women who has never bought into the male/female stereotypes and double standards. Well, maybe back in my early teens when I was still being brain washed by Catholicism and guilt.

14. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 4:40 AM

I wasn’t referring to previous intimacies/relationships prior to the show, that’s another thing entirely. I’m referring to what goes on during filming (and after), knowing there are others still around and then you get proposed to knowing the lead could have had sex with one or two others and then proposed to you. You can’t normalise what goes on in the show and compare it to real life whether it’s 2018 or not. The whole concept of the show is far from natural or normal, a person doesn’t normally have sex or intimacies with others just before they propose to another. So with all that, it can’t be easy for the chosen one to cope with post filming .

15. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM

I would further add, the show probably doesn’t attract contestants who care what others think of them or their behaviour too much.

16. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM

The thing that I couldn’t do is hug and kiss people I wasn’t interested in at all. I don’t know how they do that. Yuck! Sorry, but I couldn’t let all of those guys I was not attracted to kiss and hang all over me. Granted some contestants do that more than others, but all are pretty much required to suck face with people they’re not into.

17. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 5:35 AM

Absolutely agree!! Yucky! Lol They have to pull off quite an act and appear interested when on dates they don’t want to have, and be able to kiss them. I’d be hopeless and feel nauseous about the whole thing! I give them credit for being able to pull it off and some do it soooo well. 😀

18. ctrealitygirl

July 25, 2018 at 6:49 AM

jlal…re: Jason vs Blake as far as hotness goes, I do not know what it is about Jason that i like so much, maybe more his personality. I was not a big fan of his in the beginning but he grew on me. But I went back and re-watched parts of the episode as I had dozed off a few times…and I have to agree with you after re-watching the scene where a shirtless Blake walks Becca to the door to say good-bye…OMG…he is indeed quite hot, and I could sure get used to watching him for 8 weeks 😉

19. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 10:14 AM

tinyred500- Totally get what you’re saying about the timing of it all. You’re right there is nothing normal about the process they go through.

crealitygirl – I’m tell you, he is HOT. That shirtless scene was exactly the one I was thinking about too. Yikes, but I could look at that eye candy for a few weeks too. He also seems like a nice guy. A bit sensitive, but in real life sensitive guys are rare. I also think Jason has a sex appeal that I can’t define, he just has “it”, so there is that.

20. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Out of Jason and Blake, I’d opt for Blake every time. We will find out sometime August or September! 😀

21. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Me too tinyred500, I like me some Blake!

22. ctrealitygirl

July 26, 2018 at 11:40 AM

I’d be over the moon if it was either Blake or Jason! And I’ll be royally pissed if they make Ben H the Bachelor! The last two bachelors were oldies they dredged up…we need new blood!