The Bachelorette 14 - Becca

The “Bachelorette” Becca – Episode 9 Recap, (EXCLUSIVE) “Men Tell All” Spoilers, & an Editing Screw Job

-Jason’s turn for his inevitable break up that we as an audience are all aware of since Becca tells us in all her ITM’s she has stronger feelings for two other guys, but Jason is completely in the dark. And you know what? Even without him knowing any of what she’s saying behind his back, he basically should’ve gotten the hint the second she saw him in Chiang Mai, and she didn’t do the jump and straddle. Sure, she may have had a skirt on, but she would’ve found a way if she really wanted him. That’s our Becca. Only jump and straddle the ones you truly love. And the ones you truly really, really, really, really like a lot, they get the skirt treatment on the date so you don’t have to jump in their arms like a baby chimpanzee.

-They went shopping in the Sunday market, ate crickets, talked about their future together and Becca had to excuse herself because that’s when she realized she didn’t see any sort of future with Jason. I thought maybe it could’ve been the crickets eating away at her stomach, but no, she was being honest with herself and said, “In that moment, when I pictured the future together, I couldn’t see him in that picture.” So she goes off and talks with producers while Jason has to sit alone and contemplate if finally after six weeks, the amount of hair gel he soaks his hair in has finally run it’s course, Becca is completely turned off by it and now she knows what she has to do. I mean, don’t women like running their hands through their man’s hair? How would Becca possibly do this with Jason without having both hands covered in Vidal Sassoon and looking like the kid in middle school who used to put Elmer’s glue all over his hands? Reason enough to break up if you ask me.

-Over dinner, they talk about hometowns and Jason opens up about how much he loved her meeting his family and he was so open about how in love he is with her to them. Then he asks her, “Where’s your head at?” I’m sure her honest answer was, “Well, on Blake and Garrett” but she was kind enough to not drop that on him just yet. But, again she excused herself from the table because she was having trouble breathing. I’m not sure what Becca’s deal is, but leaving during the middle of a date twice in the same day, uhhhhhh, if Jason couldn’t see what was coming, he probably should’ve. She says in her ITM when she’s away the same thing she essentially said earlier in the episode, which was she’s falling for Jason, but she’s in love with two other men. And this is the dagger in the relationship that she needs to end now before all the product in Jason’s hair comes streaming down his face in this humidity and gets in their food.

-Becca: “For the longest time, I could see everything with you…I can’t put you through an overnight that I’m not 100% there.” Jason: “So you’re confident that you don’t see a future with us?” Becca: “I’m not.” Jason: “So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance?” Ok, he didn’t say the last part, but by golly, it sure seemed like that’s what he was after. He tried reeeeeeeal hard to get that overnight date. Like, “Yeah, yeah, that’s great and all you aren’t feeling it now. But are you sure you can’t make up your mind AFTER we spend the night. I won’t mind.” Yeah, that Jedi mind trick didn’t work on Becca no matter how hard Jason pushed for it. She’d made up her mind she wasn’t even gonna whip out the silly fantasy date card to read since Jason wasn’t gonna get any.

-From this point, we see her walk him away, cry about how she let a great guy go, then we see the clip I discuss on page 1 of her saying “I just did the same thing that Arie did to me,” even though the season preview had one word different and changed the whole story. Tons of people asked last night on Twitter what order the overnight dates were filmed in. Honestly, I don’t know. The only pics I had from Thailand were the two I posted of her with Garrett, but I don’t remember the date on them. If I had that date, I could maybe figure out when his was, but I’m not sure about the other two. It’s certainly possible Jason’s was done last, since it seems like any other time someone was let go like this in the past, they didn’t have a date afterwards where they kept their mouth shut about it. But I could easily be forgetting an instance.

July 24, 2018 at 9:53 AM

I thought the rafting scene on a Thai national holiday was funny because I once went tubing on Labor Day. It was the exact same thing here. A million people with the same idea. Wall to wall people the whole way. It’s not that great to be literally bumping into a lot of random people. Someone really messed up that idea. I know I’ll never repeat that mistake.

Anyway, this was one of those seasons where there hasn’t really been anything interesting on the show. It’s been all off the show stuff, and not in a good way. I’m not blaming Becca for this at all…. it’s the guys that have been pretty weak. There’s no way someone like Jason should even be in the F3. There is literally nothing interesting about the guy… not that Blake & whathisname F2 are Mr. Excitements either. I spent most of this season playing on the phone while we ran through the recorded video of the show. My wife would ask questions about something, then we’d have to rewind because neither of us were paying attention. It is truly amazing that they can put out a product this bad & still we watch (sort of). Shame on us, I guess.

2. adelina

July 24, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I am doing the math here and I done do reckon that our gal Becca is attracted to dumb guys.

Thick neck football dude + Arie + Garrett = dumb dudes. Garrett may take the cake in this category.

3. annem

July 24, 2018 at 10:12 AM

My understanding was that Arie’s “appearance” was the first one-on-one date with Blake when they literally trashed all signs of Arie, the engagement video footage, etc… I think it was just a ploy to get viewers to watch but he was never actually going to appear this season. I think Becca said as much on some talk show interview right before that episode aired. The interviewer said something like “so will you confront Arie?” and she nods knowingly and says something like, “he will make an appearance.” I don’t remember exactly.. it was a clip I saw on IG. I suppose we will see in the final episode, but I think if he was going to be on it there would be lots of hype at this point.

4. lovebeingretired

July 24, 2018 at 10:55 AM

The obvious conclusion, Adelina, is that Becca is not the brightest bulb in the box. Probably a very nice girl, but not so bright.

5. ctrealitygirl

July 24, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Well…Arie was posting to pix Instagram in early to mid May of he and Lauren in Bora Bora and then Hong Kong…so he was just a plane hop away from Thailand, where Becca was on overnight dates. And they were probably wrapping up around mid-May?? They could easily have filmed a scene with him there.
    And I agree with everyone about Garrett. I hadn’t noticed so much before last night’s episode how dumb he sounds. Yikes! Run Becca, run. But I’m also not digging Blake’s brooding either. In that rose ceremony scene where she gives Garrett the 1st rose, i also thought that Blake looked like he wanted to murder him! Scary. I’m pulling for Jason for Bachelor.

6. jlal

July 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM

I too liked the rafting trip. Was impressed with how well Garrett did too. I missed the Garrett is dumb parts. I think he seems like one of the more mature ones. It is not like this show give them time or at least shows them having deep intellectual conversations. I don’t know how tell if anyone is smart or stupid. Unless they’re glaringly stupid which I don’t think he is. Becca does seem to like the manly men though. Seeing who she has liked, I can’t believe she ever liked/loved Arie.
    Think Blake is hotter than heck. As for Jason, I don’t want a man who uses more hair products than me. Still team Blake or grocery Joe for bachelor.

7. tinyred500

July 24, 2018 at 2:48 PM

You beat me to it lovebeingretired and I totally agree. Although that said, we do only get an edited version of someone’s persona and we never see deep meaningful conversations; that what makes the show oh so cheesy!

8. tinyred500

July 24, 2018 at 3:01 PM

RS comments about the morning after the overnight date. Both Kaitlyn ‘and’
    JoJo had breakfast in bed with their men. I find the whole concept of the fantasy suite thing quite ghastly and gross. It’s not something I’d ever do or could ever contemplate, I’d have to pass…and run away! Lol 😀 I’d always be wondering what the lead got up to with the other girls even if he said he only wanted to talk! Nothing could ever be proven either way. 🙁

9. jlal

July 24, 2018 at 4:53 PM

I think the suite concept is sex and they play that up big time. However, that time can also be used to get to know each without the cameras and has been used that way too.

10. corn29

July 24, 2018 at 10:16 PM

@ctrealitygirl

> I hadn’t noticed so much before last night’s episode how dumb he sounds.

You so beat me to it. I was thinking the exact same thing. To say Garrett is dumber than a box of rocks is insulting to rocks.

11. corn29

July 24, 2018 at 10:17 PM

So Becca has said she wants someone who is 50/50 her partner.

So she boots Jason and keeps the two co-dependent guys.

Ummmm yeah, that makes sense!

12. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 1:10 AM

Sometimes it is played up for the cameras, but mostly it is what it is. The point is, there has never been alternative offered for those who just want to talk. The talking is always in a potentially salacious environment eg. The fantasy suite which involves an overnight stay in one bed. So it leads for both the contestants and viewers ‘wondering’. Personally I wouldn’t want to seen saying yes to that, even if all I was going to do was talk. I wouldn’t want those question marks above my head for ever more.

I’m sure contestants signing up for this probably think they’ll be able to both emotionally and physiologically cope with the idea of other intimacies…but I’m sure post filming and when cold reality finally kicks in….it’s a different matter altogether. I’m sure that’s a contributing factor why so many Bachelor couples break up. The Bachelorette’s seem to flair better, maybe it’s the notion that it’s normally one other man involved, opposed to two other females still involved like The Bachelor always have to have.

13. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 3:51 AM

You’re right that they don’t offer an alternative to the “fantasy suite”, but that is the point right? They don’t care and probably like it better if someone is uncomfortable, makes better TV. I don’t think the people wondering bothers anyone or at least it shouldn’t. They’re all adults and it is 2018, so there isn’t and shouldn’t be any shame involved.

Other than the occasional virgin and a few Christian contestants that make it a point to say they were waiting for marriage, they are all experienced adults. It is a given they have had other intimacies, so I don’t think that plays too much. If someone starts dating an adult that has had other relationships and they obsess about past intimacies they have way more issues, i.e. insecurities, possessiveness, jealousy, etc. that need considered. I would break up with someone for those traits, not their past. I say all this though as a women who has never bought into the male/female stereotypes and double standards. Well, maybe back in my early teens when I was still being brain washed by Catholicism and guilt.

14. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 4:40 AM

I wasn’t referring to previous intimacies/relationships prior to the show, that’s another thing entirely. I’m referring to what goes on during filming (and after), knowing there are others still around and then you get proposed to knowing the lead could have had sex with one or two others and then proposed to you. You can’t normalise what goes on in the show and compare it to real life whether it’s 2018 or not. The whole concept of the show is far from natural or normal, a person doesn’t normally have sex or intimacies with others just before they propose to another. So with all that, it can’t be easy for the chosen one to cope with post filming .

15. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 5:00 AM

I would further add, the show probably doesn’t attract contestants who care what others think of them or their behaviour too much.

16. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 5:22 AM

The thing that I couldn’t do is hug and kiss people I wasn’t interested in at all. I don’t know how they do that. Yuck! Sorry, but I couldn’t let all of those guys I was not attracted to kiss and hang all over me. Granted some contestants do that more than others, but all are pretty much required to suck face with people they’re not into.

17. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 5:35 AM

Absolutely agree!! Yucky! Lol They have to pull off quite an act and appear interested when on dates they don’t want to have, and be able to kiss them. I’d be hopeless and feel nauseous about the whole thing! I give them credit for being able to pull it off and some do it soooo well. 😀

18. ctrealitygirl

July 25, 2018 at 6:49 AM

jlal…re: Jason vs Blake as far as hotness goes, I do not know what it is about Jason that i like so much, maybe more his personality. I was not a big fan of his in the beginning but he grew on me. But I went back and re-watched parts of the episode as I had dozed off a few times…and I have to agree with you after re-watching the scene where a shirtless Blake walks Becca to the door to say good-bye…OMG…he is indeed quite hot, and I could sure get used to watching him for 8 weeks 😉

19. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 10:14 AM

tinyred500- Totally get what you’re saying about the timing of it all. You’re right there is nothing normal about the process they go through.

crealitygirl – I’m tell you, he is HOT. That shirtless scene was exactly the one I was thinking about too. Yikes, but I could look at that eye candy for a few weeks too. He also seems like a nice guy. A bit sensitive, but in real life sensitive guys are rare. I also think Jason has a sex appeal that I can’t define, he just has “it”, so there is that.

20. tinyred500

July 25, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Out of Jason and Blake, I’d opt for Blake every time. We will find out sometime August or September! 😀

21. jlal

July 25, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Me too tinyred500, I like me some Blake!

22. ctrealitygirl

July 26, 2018 at 11:40 AM

I’d be over the moon if it was either Blake or Jason! And I’ll be royally pissed if they make Ben H the Bachelor! The last two bachelors were oldies they dredged up…we need new blood!