The Bachelor 13 - Jason

Exclusive Bachelor News!

I’ve never been one to ever spoil anything upcoming on the “Bachelor”, and I’m not about to start doing it either. But I just wanted to remind everyone to remember this date of January 27th, a good month before the finale airs. Just when you think ABC fell asleep at the wheel, and just when the message boarders thought they had this season figured out by dissecting pictures, and freeze framing shots, and looking at pinky rings, and freckles, etc. Just when everyone and their mothers thought they knew what was going on this season on the “Bachelor”, ABC decided to grow a brain and pull a fast one. All I will say is this: Not everything is as seems, and just when you think you know, you don’t know. DO NOT believe everything you see or read. You’re gonna have to think on this one. So when the finale airs, and your jaw hits the floor, just remember Reality Steve warned you ahead of time. Deal?

1. Kristi

January 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Holy crap! I can’t believe you are going to leave us hanging like this! And thank god for facebook or I wouldn’t have checked your site until next week!

2. Karen

January 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I totally have to know!!!! Spill it on facebook!

3. Jennifer hosler

January 27, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Not a nice thing to do to us…my guess, it’s not a brunette, it’s a blonde?????

4. Texas Lisa

January 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM

GREAT…just GREAT….I sort of am thinking I have a “life”….no sports in NE are on….cruisin’ on the couch…jammies….but THEN…..NOOOO. I get an email with jawbreaking news…..does this involve an underbite?!

5. kiki

January 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Sweet Jesus, what are you telling us Steve?

6. Sasha

January 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Come on. We all know its Melissa. Did ABC make you say this so we would watch the finale? LOL The moles/nails/skin color/ height all match Melissa. So what is the surprise? Come on folks, don’t fall for it.

7. Misty

January 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

How about giving us a clue or something? PLEASE!

8. Nan

January 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Steve, do you think it’s possible producers (or someone acting on their behalf) are feeding you misinformation, just to throw viewers off and bring some doubt back to the process? If Melissa is the F1 I can see why they’re upset it was figured out so early.

They should know better than the show close-up proposal shots. I have to admit that screencap at the proposal with the two moles in the right locations on her arm is convincing. It looks like her fingernails as well, and then there’s the pinky ring… Maybe it was faked, or it wasn’t the real proposal? Maybe they convinced both F1 and F2 to shoot a proposal, without any words of course, for promo purposes?

9. sally

January 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM

how or why do you think/know this??

10. sally

January 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM

It’s Melissa!

11. mal

January 28, 2009 at 2:21 AM

its not melissa, its stephanie he brings her back

12. Gravy

January 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM

theres no way its stephanie! jason knows she wouldnt move from her hometown of huntsville and he’s said he isnt moving so it would NEVER work! no freaking way he brings steph back.
    I dont by this for a minute. melissa is f1, no doubt in my mind. steve, sorry bro, but you got punked!!

13. jane

January 28, 2009 at 2:48 AM

Dont cash that ABC paycheque,

14. Carolyn

January 28, 2009 at 3:44 AM

I agree with Mal. The things that come to mind are Jason’s own words as to what he is looking for in a Woman. Someone with a heart of gold, someone that is at the same place in life as he is (I have to think he was talking about maturity) someone that had been through a life changing experience (not sure if those were his exact words). All these criteria describe Stephanie. He also said we would watch his love affair develop. I believe we are seeing a more natural paced relationship develop between Stephanie & Jason. I think the reason he keeps her even though the chemistry is not as strong as it is with others is because he realizes that she is probably the most well suited for him. He wants it to work with her.
    In an interview with Mike Fleiss, the producer, he stated that this season the whole crew really got into the show and was rooting for Jason and his F1. He even stated that he thinks this match-up actually might last. As we know, Stephanie was invited to be there. Obviously, they saw her as a potential match. Because of this, I can imagine the crew & Fleiss getting more emotionally invested into something that they actually had a hand in.

15. sharon

January 28, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Stephanie???? Jason wants a wife, not a mother.

16. Anonymous

January 28, 2009 at 5:31 AM

Please tell us he doesn’t propose to that Big Fat Greek Attention Whore. I don’t know which is bigger her ego or her huge lard ass.

17. hey-no-running

January 28, 2009 at 6:33 AM

OMG. That means I have to keep watching. It’s hard to do because my dvr switches off when the first hour is over. Good thing I have Reality Steve to give me the recap.
    What, Steve, not even a HINT???

18. Dianne

January 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

If it turns out that it’s DeAwful that comes back and Jason proposes to her, I will never, ever watch this show again! I can so see this happening!!

19. Jessica

January 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Can’t you use the DaVinci code or something to reveal the news to us?? LOL

20. Chris

January 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

If our “jaws will hit the floor,” then it has to be DeAnna. Proposing to any of the other women still on the show would be no big deal.

21. Peaches

January 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM

It doesn’t matter who it is anyway. 4 moths after the finale we’ll be reading about their break up on Reality Steve.

22. Jessica

January 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Steve, you just made it rain on the “Melissa Lovefest” Muuaahhh!

23. saly

January 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Stephanie was invited to be on the show? i didn’t know that.

who’s the Greek with the big @ss? this doesn’t describe Melissa. BUT i do agree she must be attention seeking. Why cut down her looks?

24. Julia

January 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Now Im upset..I want it to be Melissa SO bad!! 🙁

25. Joann

January 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM

It’s Melissa, people.. come on.. screencaps and all prove it’s her…

26. anonymous

January 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Perhaps jason originally says he is choosing molly–then realizes after letting melissa go, it is her he is in love with–so then has to let molly go, and brings melissa back and proposes???

27. anonymous

January 28, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Come one. We hold on during your dry spells and stick with you.

You HAVE to give us more than that. Just going “ha ha- I know more than you”, which is essentially what you just did, lol, is NOT FAIR TO YOUR LOYAL CREW

But if it does involve Deanna, I will seriously think about not watching again either. Cannot stand her. And there is just so much other reality tv out there …

28. Dianne

January 28, 2009 at 1:35 PM

uh oh..what does this tell you:

“Unfortunately everyone will just have to watch and see what I am doing there. It will be worth the wait. The women were not that happy to see me, I can tell you that,” Pappas told People.

Now, I’m scared, lol!

29. bamabrain

January 28, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Dear Reality Steve,
    this show usually makes me heave,
    and I watch it not to make believe
    but to see what TPTB will conceive
    as drama. Please, Steve,
    tell me that I can believe
    in your cryptic tease-
    er. Please, Steve, please.
    For once, I’m on bended knees.

30. sdl

January 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Eeek. I’m skeered!
    But I’m not buying the ABC spin machine’s attempt to fix what they gave away in screen shots and edits.

31. N in NYC

January 28, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The only reason I think you might have something here is the fact that there is no rose ceremony on the web this year. My friends and I do it every year… so why isn’t it there this year? My guess is because Jason, or ABC, have not been playing by the rules so the game wouldn’t work. I predict that this past episode will not be the only one where the rules go out the window!

32. Anon

January 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Jason confirmed at his appearance on Ellen that DeAnna comes back and he is indeed engaged. To whom, he won’t say.

33. Anon

January 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Wow, Steve you have us all stumped. I could have sworn he chose Mel in the end. I think they are really cute together. But… now that you’ve got us all thinking….

I watched the Ellen interview on You Tube and she guesses that he picks Deanna (5:17) and at first he answers yes but then quickly backtracks and says you’ll have to wait and see. Then he says you know Deanna she’s great.

On AMNW (You Tube) 3:41 she mentions Ty’s name and Jason lights up. When she says Melissa’s name 3:47 Jason grimaces and has a look of disgust(?).

When he’s on Bonnie Hunt she suggests he picked Nikki (3:23) and he smiles and says Nikki is a great girl (this was before she was eliminated) at 3:50 she guesses Melissa and Jason has that same grimace/disgust look as on AMNW. At 9:30 she asks if he’s engaged and he says yes with a big smile and then she says I hope you and Melissa are happy together and Jason has that same not too happy look.

OMG I’m turning into Shannon 😉 See what you’ve done.

One last thing/question. The ring Jason is holding/looking at in the previews doesn’t match the one he is slipping on the finger in the (freckle/pinkie ring) recap. But the ring on the finger is the same as the one he chose for Deanna on her season. I don’t think Jason would pick the same ring he chose for Deanna to give to the woman he asks to marry him this time unless it’s her.

I know you’re not going to tell us but I want to know now.

P.S.S.S. Before the season started I thought I heard about an interview where Jason said he had only ever asked two women to marry him. I figured he made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag he didn’t get engaged this time but he said he did so…….???????????

34. Diane

January 29, 2009 at 9:29 AM

I am sure ABC has called you and thanked you for putting life back into their stale show! Maybe they will even send you a I love Reality Steve check! I don’t know who your source is, but you need to take them out for a nice dinner and loads of drinks!

35. Closet Bachelor Fan!

January 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM

I think I have it figured out based on a few past interviews..
    Not 100% sure but can’t wait until the FINALE!!

36. Dee

January 29, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Let me see if I understand. Before the season started, everyone and their mother spoiled that it would be Melissa. The sleuthers over at the FORT have nothing to sleuthe about, so they’ve lost interest. Truth be told, after I read the spoilers, I lost interest. Now you are dropping this little tidbit. Puhleeze! I don’t believe you. If something major had happened, ABC would have been advertising it to the hilt. Lie the above poster said, “please don’t cash that pay check”.

37. DK

January 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Anon,
    Technically he never got to ask DeAnna to marry him on her show because she stopped him… so if he said he’s only ever asked two women, doesn’t necessarily means it’s DeAnna.

38. Pam

January 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM

DK–he did actually ask Deanna, she just never said yes. She stopped him after he popped the question.

39. Misi

January 29, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Actually, he said in those interviews that he’s been engaged only twice, but has asked three times.

I guess we shall see. I’m with the others who say it better not be DeAnna.

40. tmv2010

January 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM

So I went and watched these videos from AMNW about the Bachelor…and these faces of disgust that one kept talking about doesn’t look like “OMG…I can’t stand to hear Melissa’s name.” But he seemed to be disgusted b/c they were trying to figure it out and kept singling one girl. Basically, putting him on the spot and he didn’t know how to respond saying “No, it’s not her would be totally obvious,” or “Yes it is,” is even completely obvious. He has to keep it as much of a secret, and I have to say he’s doing a good job. Who knows he could be leading us on just to believe something else too.

Don’t get me wrong…I want Melissa to win…and based on all the videos, the sources point to her. I remember at the beginning of the season they aired a “Sneek peek” to the finale, and it showed him picking the “winner” up in the air…and she was a brunette. I have to say it won’t be Molly just b/c of that. He’s not going to pick up the girl he didn’t choose. Plus based on the “pinky ring theory”, yes it is a far stretch. But, he is down on his knee…it’s not going to show him doing that if it’s not her. Unless, he pulls back. Which we have seen done before!! (cough cough Brad)

Unfortunately, this is reality TV, and they will turn things completely around to confuse you until it actually happens. Everything points to Melissa & this time they didn’t do a very good job of hiding things. Normally I can never figure out who it is until the night it happens. You know, what color dress does that girl have from the previews, who gets out of the limo first is always a hint that they DON’T win, but this time it was easy to tell from the very beginning, which is a shocker. Who knows…maybe they’re doing things differently this time. Maybe they did that on purpose.

Out of the final 5 girls, I don’t have a huge problem w/ any of them. Melissa is a clear favorite yes, but the others aren’t completely awful. We shalll see.

41. mb

January 30, 2009 at 9:47 PM

It can’t be Stephanie, her hands just like her face are huge.

42. Anonymous

January 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM

TMV,

Jason only gets visibly upset when they guess Melissa. With ever other guess he laughs it off and says she’s a great girl, blah, blah, blah but with Mel there’s a different reaction. You could be right that he’s upset that they guessed right but it could also be that something really bad happened between the two of them and it upsets him to hear her name mentioned. We all know J would be a lousy poker player.

I’ve also thought the hand could J is kissing with the ring on it could be Deanna’s from her season. We only saw about 5 mins of a 20 minute proposal. ABC can splice frames of film together and I’m sure they’re quite good at it so we’ll have to wait and see. I also like the remaining girls although Mel is my favorite.

43. Anonymous

January 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM

TMV,

They used other footage from D’s season like her yellow raincoat on the space needle (can’t believe she never heard of it) and her on the balcony of the house. From the previews it looks like she shows up when all the girls are in the pool but we know that didn’t happen. ABC is trying to mislead us to keep it interesting.

44. tmv2010

January 31, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I see what you’re saying about the previous clips. I know the part w/ yellow raincoat is from last season b/c I remember it. It is obvious that ABC has everyone thinking.

One thing I noticed that is really fishy is on all the commercials that they aired you can view them on the bachelor’s site on ABC. Well I went to watch the one that was from the very beginning and it’s the one that has everyone going nuts. It shows different events throughout the season and the part that everyone is going nuts over…the proposal. BUT, what I found weird was it showed Shannon talking to Jason about how it bothered to see DeAnna there….but Shannon was eliminated last week and they never aired the DeAnna Drama!! If you go to the ABC website and look at those different clips that they have…it shows that and I found it strange.

As of for the part w/ all the girls at the pool freaking out b/c she was supposedly there…I think that was from when him & Naomi were up on the top deck & everyone was being a little nosey when Shannon was throwing ice at them.

They are definitely pulling clips from every episode to make us think. All I know is it’ll be hard to completely change things from what the clips have already shown.

45. Anonymous

January 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Shannon was talking about seeing Jason on tv with Deanna on the Bachelorette. She did not see Deanna during taping of Bach 13. (This conversation between Shannon and Jason made it to air, she was talking to him during some 1-on-1 time).

The only new footage of Deanna in the season preview is her talking to Jason, she’s wearing a white top and he is wearing a black and white plaid shirt. That took place in NZ. Everything else was taken from her Bachelorette run. I think we’ll see her talk to him for a bit, say some scripted lines, and then she’ll leave, I don’t think she does much more than that. Maybe the women see her and they get upset knowing she’s there, but I am confident that De didn’t show up to ask Jason for another chance.

TPTB wanted De there so they could promote her showing up and trick the audience into thinking she’s there to ask Jason for a 2nd chance. It’s a ratings grab, that’s all. The preview showed a couple things she said out of context and suddenly a bunch of her fans are convinced she’s back with Jason, so it worked. (The comments on her myspace page are hilarious, especially those posted right after the season premiere aired — her myspace id is deannapappasfans)

46. tmv2010

February 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I see now. I missed some of the episodes at one point b/c my tv was messing up so that would make more sense. I seriously don’t think anything happens there either…he would definitely be dumb to go back to her in my opinion. Definitely will be interesting to see how she is aired. Who knows.

47. MeToo

February 6, 2009 at 7:08 PM

RS-

Please do us a favor and disable all posts that predict Stephanie is going to come back and save the day! Goodness gracious – what a snore that would be. THEY HAVE NO CHEMISTRY!!!!!!!

48. Yippeekiyea

February 7, 2009 at 4:09 AM

to # 47
    Do you have a problem with free speech? Didn’t you read what Steve has posted? Not everything is as seems? Don’t believe everything you see or read? Think on it & if you pay attention to opposing opinions, it might be an eye opener.

49. Julie S

February 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I think I know–thanks to one poster for the most recent week (2/2). Trouble is, if s/he’s right, is that really fair?

At least it would explain why Melissa’s parents don’t want to meet Jason.

But would it really be….fair?

50. rachel

February 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I agree. It is Melissa. Fleiss in the article states that the couple is happy. Maybe Jason did something cruel to Molly? maybe makes it seem like he was going to pick her, and leads her on to the point she is shocked that he dumps her. I think it has to do with Molly, I really do.