The Bachelor 13 - Jason

An Update on the Exclusive

Needless to say, the response to yesterdays news has everyone in a tizzy. As I expected. Look, I expect people to doubt me. I expect people to think I’m doing this for publicity. I expect people to say that I don’t know anything, or that ABC is paying me to divert people’s attention. I’ve heard it all these last 24 hours. All I can tell you is you’re wrong. Let everything play itself out, watch the finale, be shocked at what you see, and just remember who warned you ahead of time. That’s all I’m getting at. Don’t hate the player, hate the game (I’ve always wanted to use that phrase).

I love the message boarders who say I don’t know anything, and that they studied the screencaps so they know what happened, and that this persons arm has a freckle here and here, so that means this, and that means that. And the pinky ring is the key to everything. I love it all. Keep it coming. Especially the FORT boarders whose panties are completely in a bunch now since I’m privy to information that they aren’t. Serves them right. Keep it coming guys. Keep doubting me. I said it yesterday, and I’ll say it again. Not everything is as seems. Kinda like on “Heroes – Season 1”, the theme was “Save the cheerleader, save the world.” Well, not like this has been news to people who have watched this show religiously, but its definitely more pertinent this season – not everything is as seems. Read into that what you will. What I wrote yesterday in the exclusive was very carefully worded as to not give anything away.

Maybe when this is all over some of you won’t be shocked. But I doubt it. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. But, I would not put my reputation on the line to just string people along for something silly. Believe me when I tell you when the finale airs, people will be talking about it for a while.

Can I be anymore vague? Probably not. So enjoy the rest of the season, keep the guesses coming, check back every Tuesday for the latest Bachelor column, and hopefully you’ll continue to enjoy Realitysteve.com.

1. Steph

January 28, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I don’t like you very much right now!!!

2. Carolyn

January 28, 2009 at 2:11 PM

You are great Steve! Keep the info coming!

3. Jill

January 28, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Steve, I didn’t doubt you for a minute…I know your intentions are always honest & sincere. 🙂

4. nichole

January 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

AHH! I’m dying over here! I love a good mystery!

5. Marsha

January 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Steve, I agree with Carolyn & Jill! I love your blog, and check it daily to make sure I don’t miss anything important. I’m hoping for someone other than Melissa so will try to be patient til the finale!

6. Nan

January 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM

This season has been incredibly boring, I’d love it if TPTB faked the screencaps or filmed a dress rehearsal. I’d shake all their hands for pulling a fast one on the sleuthers. Now I’ll be really disappointed if the end result is exactly as predicted. 😀 This better be good Steve!

I guess after the finale you can say “I never told you guys you had the wrong F1” but all your talk of freckles and pinky rings makes me think that is what you’re referring to.

7. dichuy

January 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

hmmmm, Jason asked Jeremy to marry him??? LOL! Now that WOULD be a shocker.

8. bamabrain (a FORTer)

January 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Dear Reality Steve,
    this show usually makes me heave,
    and I watch it not to make believe
    but to see what TPTB will conceive
    as drama. Please, Steve,
    tell me that I can believe
    in your cryptic tease-
    er. Please, Steve, please.
    For once, I’m on bended knees.

9. may

January 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM

maybe he gets back together with his ex?!!!

10. bamabrain (a FORTer)

January 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Thank you, Steve, for giving me hope that the season I’ve ZZZZed through may now give me some compelling reason to watch. You’ve actually unbunched my panties. But this’d better not be just another Fleiss shark jumping. I want JAWS proportions. Thankyouverymuch.

11. Jessica

January 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Brad is F1 and he and Jason go for a meatball sandwich!

Steve, never mind the sleuthers. They are just angry that you have smashed their Melissa fantasies 🙂 They have to remember that it’s Jason who gets to make the decision, not them.

12. Kasha

January 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Hey there Steve! Glad to hear about the shake up this season. Believe it or not there is quite a big contingency over at FORT(me included) who watch the show simply for its snark value and have been bored to tears this season, so we are longing for some good shark jumping. By the way, not all of us have our panties in a bunch–some go commando on Mondays in prep for the show!

13. Lisa

January 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

thanks steve,you are the best,that all i am saying,you were gracious with jeremy,and tried to get brad to do and interview,did not see it if that ever happen. i have a feeling it is the riddle that is all over the internet f4 become f4 but never f2 or f1. and also dee coming back right before jason makes a decision makes me think a little,not much because we know she is seeing ace,we know jason is engaged. we know dee has a problem of letting people go in her life unless it is her decision.oh btw steve jeremy interview great interview back then. also back with dee if it worth the weight maybe all the girls that are left let her know she is not in the game anymore,she is history she missed her chance,it time for melissa take control.

14. Mike'sgirl

January 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Surprised in a good way, or shockingly disappointing way?

Hey, surprise can be good sometimes – right????

15. Mal

January 28, 2009 at 2:52 PM

LOL you rock Steve! getting the sleuthers all in a complete and utter tangled mess is always great! I think Melissa fans are going to be very disappointed 😉
    Keep up the good work!

16. Sandy

January 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Steve, this whole blog made me giggle…in my panties that are not in a bunch, heh. Keep the fun coming on an otherwise ho hum season. I have always kept an open mind about the final outcome. You rock!

17. BlondieGal

January 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Jason proposes to Melissa but she gives him back the ring, thus his bawling on the balcony. We will all need tissues for this. Engagement? Fib. Unless he hooks up with a production staffer. 😀

18. Jane

January 28, 2009 at 3:01 PM

You made my day! One thing I’d comment though is that FORT is not at all of a single mind in defending the screencaps/freckle/Melissa analysis or outcome. Many (most!) have cheered you loudly today, because we were bored silly by the season. I think the opposition is coming from another quarter entirely. Three cheers for surprises!

19. Mike'sgirl

January 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

This is disturbing enough to make me wonder if I should just stop watching the show NOW. I was looking forward to a fantasy sweet ending (even if faked for only a month or two) but to think it might be disappointing – hey I can live without that!!!

20. Dolores

January 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Scandalous!! I tell you… Absolutely Scandalous!!!

21. Special K

January 28, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Wow. ..I don’t recall Steve saying anything like this last season when everyone thought it would be Jason and it ended up as Jesse. What would shock Steve enough for him to say he’s still trying to wrap his head around it? The only thing that I can think of is perhaps it does have something to do with Deanna? Or maybe he really isn’t engaged even though we see Screencaps and he’s saying he is?

22. je2

January 28, 2009 at 3:39 PM

YAY YAY
    What a way to spice up this show! You singlehandedly may have saved this snooze. Engaging brain and creative posibilities LOL Good for you …. and not all FORTers have their panties in a bunch … some of us, many of us, applaud you! Love the suspense! Keep up the GREAT blog!

23. sj

January 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM

hmm – but on Ellen show – I thought he said that he had fallen in love with the last 2 women – and that he was agonized over getting to the final 1 – which wasn’t going to be very cool when F1 saw that on the last episode….

24. Donna

January 28, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I have been lurking here for a long time and never said anything but feel compelled to do so now. Whenever you are doing this type of show, or for example a live pageant all of the girls must practice in the event they are the “one”. It does not prepare them for the sheer emotion of it but prepares the where to stand, etc. etc portion. There is nothing anywhere that says the picture of the arm with the moles on it was not shot during a rehearsal as Melissa as the “one”. What I have noticed much more than ever this year though is how we don’t see anything of some of the girls. There was one whole episode we never saw Jillian. And on the group date last week – did I miss it or did we ever see what Melissa’s act was?

Things that make me go hmmm…

25. nancy

January 28, 2009 at 4:01 PM

well i guess he asks DEANNA again to marry
    him and she says YES

26. Catzoid4

January 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Steve, will you accept this rose? Please? I’ll even throw in a bag of dog treats for Maddie.

I’m thrilled with this news, absolutely thrilled. It confirms my gut feeling that something this season has been very, very wrong. And I’ve thought all along that other shows, like The Amazing Race, film multiple endings with decoys, so why not The Bachelor? Yeah, there’s the pinky ring and the freckles, etc., etc. And maybe, just maybe, they filmed 3 “final rose ceremonies” with 3 different women. I can only hope!

Maybe now I’ll be able to stay awake through this snoozefest.

27. Annie

January 28, 2009 at 4:46 PM

There’s absolutely no way it’s Stephanie. Didn’t you see him try to hide his disgust when he looked at her lengthy Lee Press On nails? He also looked shocked when he saw her earlier, wear her Paris Hilton circa 2001 hot pink velour lounge outfit. He’s not into the trashy fake look, although the extreme over the top Botoxed forehead already put her out of the running.

The shocker could be that it’s Molly. He’s definitely into her.

28. Kristin

January 28, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Steve, I’ve always believed what you said. Nothing you’ve hinted at has ever been wrong. A comment that Jason made earlier this year, I can’t remember where I heard it-sorry- made me wonder if he and his F1 have already gotten married. I’m loving this season, because I REALLY like looking at Jason :), so I’m happy with whoever he picks. Of the final 5, I can’t see him with Stephanie or Naomi-the other 3 he definitely likes. I can’t wait for the finale!

29. Lesleezplz

January 28, 2009 at 5:21 PM

My problem with shooting three final rose ceremonies is that makes the show 100% fake not the typical 50/50 or 80/20. I would be severely disturbed by Jason if he could shoot three final rose ceremonies with three different winners and act convincing enough in each so as to make the girl believe it was the real one! That would be horrible and not at all what a majority of the viewers watch the show for.

I don’t think that is what happened at all, but if what I am reading on the FORT and other blogs is true, Jason may not be in my top 3 favorite bachelors of alltime but instead my least favorite!!

30. Kic

January 28, 2009 at 5:22 PM

This show needed this kic in the butt, it was getting boring, and now has tons of new life. I still believe the pictures and screen caps.
    On believeing you? : Ok… but if it doesn’t pan out it’s your reputation.

31. Salbark

January 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Love it! Your inside info will hopefully make this season more exciting. I hate it when it is a foregone conclusion!

32. Javier

January 28, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I never understood the point of “I know something you don’t, hahaha”. Either you spill the beans or you don’t bring it up at all. I am not from FORT, but right now you are looking pretty silly and childish if I may say so.

You should restrict yourself to writing mediocre yet funny reviews rather than stuff like this, just make you sound petty.

33. Tricia Davis

January 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Steve…
    You rock! I wouldn’t doubt you for one minute!!!

34. Sweetpea

January 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Way to go, Steve! There ARE those of us, even at FORT, who don’t quite believe completely that Melissa is the F1. I for one would love a shake up, since I personally consider Jason the most boring Bachelor ever (and this dubious honor is given even in light of such former snoozers as P-Lo, Blob, and Andy). Give me a shakeup! Give me Melissa NOT the F1! Give me all of those carefully scrutinized moles, freckles, rings and fingernails as false!

I just *might* watch the ending now. 🙂

35. Angie

January 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Okay, first of all….I believe ya, Tootsie Pop. So…the only thing that would be hard for you to wrap your head around is Deanna proposes to Jason and he accepts. And, since I just listened (as much as I am ashamed to admit) to Jason’s proposal on Youtube. The last bit is him saying “I would love to marry you” as if answering a question…..like Blinky on her knee proposing. I would love to see him end up with Jillian (supposedly F3), but even that wouldn’t be THAT much of a shock. So, either Jason skips the babes and runs away with that hunky Chris Harrison, or Blinky gets her way AGAIN. Damn.

36. Anne

January 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM

So the F1 becomes the F1 but not in the usual way??? I guess sometimes you have to take a step back and undo things to make them right??? This is going be good.

37. Audrey

January 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I’m new to this… can someone please explain what FORT is? It’s driving me crazy! lol

38. Nan

January 28, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Lesleezplz : I doubt anyone really thinks Jason tricked the F2 or F3 into filming a proposal, but some of us think it’s possible they had a dress rehearsal to get the shot of Jason putting a ring on Mel’s finger (what the sleuthers think is Mel’s finger, based on two arm freckles and her fingernails).

Maybe they filmed Jason with a stand-in for the “freeze frame pinky ring” and “twirl the lady around” shots.

Misleading previews and manufactured deception on the Bachelor set is nothing new. 🙂

39. Anonymous

January 28, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Wow

40. MckaylaL

January 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Well….for one why do you leave out Jokersupdates.com, as they were the sleuthers who actually did the freckle/mole/pinky nail comparison? And as far as having panties in a wad……I dont know anyone who has their panties in a wad…..I just think you are full of BS…….LOL

41. DC Ragsy

January 29, 2009 at 12:42 AM

This is AWESOME news, Steve. AWESOME!! WOO HOO!

42. Kathy

January 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Maybe the shock is, that they not only get engaged, they are already married, and got married right after the proposal.

43. MH

January 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Steve you have given me hope for a different ending. I was not excited over the one that was all over the boards. I hope you’re right, I’m looking forward to be shocked. 🙂

44. Notsorealityfan

January 29, 2009 at 9:33 AM

LMAO, have to wonder whether the producers have decided to scuttle the sleuthers. Reality Steve I’ve always enjoyed your recaps, keep ’em comin’ Way to go bud.

45. Nicole

January 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Lovin this Steve!

Could you be any more Chandler???

46. Kristi

January 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I hate secrets!! I want to know! Come on!

47. Miss Cleo

January 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Lesleezplz: you are getting warm

48. Megan

January 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Although your message was carefully worded (your words)…where you state that our jaws will drop is very telling. Quite frankly none of the girls on the show currently would cause that reaction if chosen (even Stephanie)….so…it’s probably DeAnna. That would be the only thing that could happen to make our jaws drop.

49. Cheryl

January 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM

All I know is that ABC makes it look like you know. LIke on this last episode, they showed at a commercial that on Stephanie and Nikki’s date that they came and picked up RED luggaged. Nikki’s luggage was pink!!! So when Nikki was packing and we saw her pink luggage, everything would think it was Stephanie that he got rid of!!!!

50. Cheryl

January 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

ANDDDDD, I would not be happy at ALL if Deanna would be the one he is engaged too. She had her chance, she missed it. Too bad!!!!