The Bachelor 13 - Jason

The Bachelor Recap – 2/16/09

Let me start off by saying I haven’t been around my computer too much all weekend. My best friend in California was in town for the last three days. So it was great to see him and take my mind off all this madness. I’ve read through some of the comments, but 2000? Really? Unbelievable. One good thing about my friend visiting this weekend? He’s convinced me to release what I know early. And that’s what I’m gonna do. I’m hearing rumors that an independent source has gotten a hold of this story, and plans on running with it to the tabloids this week. So, I guess I have to beat them to the punch now too. So tomorrow morning, at 8:00am CST right here on RealitySteve.com, I will let everyone in on the information I’ve been holding for the last 3 weeks. If you don’t want to know, then you don’t have to come to the site. It’s gotten so out of hand now, plus with Mike Fleiss hyping up the finale like he has, and Host Chris backpedaling in his blog today, it just doesn’t make too much sense to wait until after the finale now. If I did, it’d still prove I knew what happened all along, but with only two girls left, there really aren’t many options left of what could be so shocking. But it is, I’m telling you. So tomorrow, I will release it all right here on RealitySteve.com. I will tell you ABC’s story, then I’m going to tell you what I believe to be the truth, and you can make your own decision from there.

I’m also going to do it in a way never done before on this site. I’ve decided to put it up on YouTube. Yes, that’s right, a video of me explaining everything I knew, when I knew it, and how I knew it. I actually recorded the first segment already, although I’m probably gonna redo it. And hey, Maddie will get to make her first appearance for everyone as well. She’s excited. I think. Either that or petrified. Since my digital camera only lets me record 10 minutes at a time, looks like this is going to be two or three 10 minute videos (part 1, part 2, part 3). There’s a lot to cover, plus answering all the clues, and trying to get to most of your questions. I’m guessing it’ll be about 25-30 minutes long. I realized it would just take forever to write , so I decided to go with the video. Much easier, much quicker, and not so much hassle. I will still have the shortened written version underneath all the videos for those that can’t access YouTube for whatever reason, but it won’t be nearly as detailed. Just the basics of what I knew.

As far as this weeks recap, I’m sorry, but there isn’t one. I watched the whole show last night in 10 minutes, just zipping through most parts. All I watched really were the hot tub scenes, the rose ceremony, and the previews for next week and the finale. If Fleiss is going to come out twice in a span of three days standing behind his “You’re damn right this finale is shocking” statements, and Host Chris is gonna use his blog this morning to sound like a guilty man fleeing when no one is pursuing him, it made it that much more clear to me I needed to come forward with what I know. Kinda hard to recap a show when all this boils down to is what happens on Monday night Mar. 2nd, and the next night for the “ATFR 2.” So you can throw your “Jillian is the final one” or “Jillian comes back and he proposes to her” theories out the window. She was always getting eliminated at the overnight dates and is not returning. Further proof is online where someone posted pictures from the “Women Tell All” taped this past weekend, and Jillian is there. Kinda like last year how Jeremy was in those pictures, but Jason and Jesse weren’t. So Jillian fans, I’m sorry. Her ride is over.

As for some of the emails I’ve gotten over the last couple days referring to a “JeffS” in my comments section, I’ll just say this. I don’t know who is posting that. Did I work with a guy named Jeff “Skin” Wade at the radio station? Yes. But he’s no longer there. He doesn’t watch the show, nor does he care about the show, and I like the guy, so I can’t imagine it was him posting that stuff. I have no idea who that is who did. Also, for the record, I have never posted a comment on my own blog, either under my own name, or someone elses. That’s just ridiculous. I post columns and blogs. Why would I write in the comments section? Never happened and never will.

I want to say something to long time fans who have become disappointed with all the craziness that’s been going on since the announcement of the exclusive news. I’m right there with you. I’ve never been a spoiler site. Never wanted to be one. I just happened to stumble upon information this year that was so good, I had to promote it. Once it got out of hand, I realized what a monster it had become, and now with Fleiss and Host Chris essentially telling you now what I’ve been telling you for three weeks, it was just the right time to do this. Next season, RealitySteve.com will be back to normal. I doubt I’ll find any info like this again, and we’ll just go back to the snarky, sarcastic, sophomoric column you’re all used to reading and I’m used to writing. So just realize this is a temporary thing. I’m not about to turn this site into some 20/20 reporting gig. But right now, I have to do this so I can get the truth out there before the theories get any crazier. And, of course, I’ll take great enjoyment in beating Fleiss and the tabloids to the punch. He can’t move up his finale, but I can sure move up telling you what information I have, and that’s what I plan on doing tomorrow.

So after tomorrow, I will post occasionally, maybe give a few words about the “Women Tell All” in a Tuesday column, then do a final 20 questions or something after the videos are released if there are any left. But the videos will be pretty self explanatory of what you’re going to see in the finale. I think its hilarious that I’ve told you it would be shocking for three weeks, and now Fleiss and Host Chris are coming out and telling you the same thing. And they’re right. They’re not exaggerating. It’s going to be shocking. And that’s just their side of it. When I tell you what I know, I think that will be just as shocking, if not more shocking, than what Fleiss is talking about as his “shocker.” Did that make sense? I think so. Host Chris says last night that the “After the Final Rose” was going to be “so dramatic, and so emotionally difficult that they had to keep the taping as intimate as possible”, was ridiculous. I laughed when I saw that. It’s drama people. They’re creating drama. I’ll tell you exactly why they had to keep it as intimate as possible. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

I’m not going to leave you completely empty handed today though, as you will still be getting clue #4. This is obviously going to be the last clue given before tomorrows announcement. You won’t need anymore since, well, you’ll have all your answers on Friday. So, clue #4 is:

“Bird Flower”

That’s it. Sorry about not recapping, but ever since I found out this information, this season has all been about what happens in the finale, and not at the overnight dates or the “Women Tell All.” So tell your friends, family, enemies, mistresses, and all those interested that if they want to know what really happened on this season of the “Bachelor”, that they might want to check out what I have to say tomorrow. Of course, this is all my opinion. You can choose to believe me or not (wink, wink). Any emails, praises, criticisms, comments, questions, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. Maddie and I will see you tomorrow. Until then.

1,474 Comments

1,474 Comments

1. my only hope...

February 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM

My only hope is that melissa does not agree to do the bachorlette after what they did to her. awful

2. Anonymous

February 18, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Steve, we love you!!!! Thank you for posting early! I’ve been a maniac all day.

3. RAdams

February 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM

all i have to say is Jason is not the man i thought if he agreed to go along with this…i not sure what to think about Molly and i just feel bad for Melissa

4. Anonymous

February 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM

it’s official, he’s got a new blog posted for Feb. 18 with all the links!

5. RealitySteve

February 18, 2009 at 1:11 AM

I personally think it will be Jillian on the Bachelorette, just because of how things went sour with Melissa.

6. noclue

February 18, 2009 at 1:12 AM

RS – You are much cooler guy than I thought you were. If I had any single friends in Dallas I would totally set you up.

7. bentley

February 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM

All three are on youtube; he did it earlier than he said. Maddie is very cute. If this is what happens, and it very well might; I have certainly lost all respect for J; I really never had it for Molly.

Too bad; I think he has lost all credibility (Jason that is).

I also feel very bad for Melissa who was the obvious favorite.

8. I should be studying.

February 18, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Thank you SO much Steve!
    I’m believing what you say so I can make it to March 2.
    Maddie is adorable.
    And you are too!

9. campy__kc

February 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM

No offense to Steve here, but the real scoop in all of this would have been proving that ABC told Jason to pick Melissa in order for him to have Molly. It makes no sense at all unless, yes, there was a large amount of money in it for him as far as ratings go. But even then, ABC was not guaranteed the ratings they’re seeing. I would think ABC would stand a better chance of just letting him pick the one he wants, getting engaged, and pulling another Trista/Ryan scenario. So, unless Melissa was in on this too in order to become the next Bachelorette, it makes no sense to me at all.

I’m going to have to see just what it is that makes Jason cry over the balcony, I suppose. I still think there’s more to all of this than what Steve even knows.

10. kay

February 18, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Cann’t you all see what is going on as hard as it is to believe and because Molly is not liked much by anyone … it is Molly that is the f1 and not Melissa how did this happen i don’t know but i do believe that he slept with her in the tent that’s when they stared to fall for one another but he had this thang for Meliessa but he just couldn’t get pass the good time he had with Molly… and because no one like Molly thay cann’t see pass this … and that’s why it will be a big shocker and a twister… that is just want i think but hope he is not like that…but after what i seen last nite with him letting jillan go i cann’t get any shocked ….

11. Steen

February 18, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I just have to say that reguardless of if Jason legitimately changed his mind or if he was in on a scheme from the beginning, what he did was evil. He just couldn’t break his pattern of picking distant women who don’t really want him. Poor Melissa, dumped again. Grrrr. What a complete turd.

12. confused fan

February 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Steve, I watched all three videos and I’m not sure what you mean when you say that Jason wanted Molly from the beginning. Did he know her before the start of the show? Or after meeting her on the show was he so immediately enamored with her? At that point did TPTB hatch the decoy Melissa plot? Were they so afraid that it would be obvious concerning Jason’s attraction to Molly at the beginning? Could you flesh this out (on your blog) a little more exactly (if you know) how this went down.I just don’t understand why Jason agreed to this.

Thanks in advance for your hopefully clarifying this point as I’m sure you are exhausted from the last few day’s hoopla.

P.S. — You mentionned the sly way Molly said she would be kissing Jason forever. But he also sought to pacify her by stating at the radio show broadcast that she was the best kisser as well!

13. jcgoodfell

February 18, 2009 at 1:22 AM

Hi Steve,

Been in Houston for 19 years and CRINGE when I say Y’all. Can completely relate.

Glad I stayed up for the post. Am disappointed for Melissa and especially with ABC……….

14. yoyobaby

February 18, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Can someone post a summary of Steve’s video? Thanks

15. wildguesses

February 18, 2009 at 1:28 AM

First, thanks SOOOO much for posting those tonight instead of tomorrow when lots of us couldn’t watch them until tomorrow night! We can all get back to having a “normal” life..haha

Okay, I love your blogs..you are a great blogger…..you are a TERRIBLE cluemaker…don’t EVER try that again…LOL…OMG, those were awful clues 🙂 (I love your blogs! And Maddie…looks a lot like one of our dogs!)

I haven’t read everyone else’s thoughts, but some of my remaining questions:

1. Was Melissa’s HTD re-filmed? Were her parents originally in it?

2. Any truth to the rumor that Mel is also currently engaged (and not to Jason) and that she cheated on him with her ex?

I have a hard time believing Molly would willingly be going to Seattle if Jason was still engaged IF she DID NOT know it was all staged. I am betting all 3 of them knew it was a staged thing, which would also explain why several times (as others noted) Molly seems so sure of herself and then at the RC on the overnight dates in NZ, she was looking at Jason almost P*@ed off for calling her 2nd and waiting so long to do it. Molly will not be seen favorably as someone who got jilted, cheat with an engaged guy with a weekend rendezvous, and then willingly take the guy back on the same day he dumps his first choice on national TV. For her to consider it and Melissa to not go completely ballistic, they both had to know.

Actually, I think that’s why they redid the HTD with Melissa; her parents would have nothing of the “script” and were likely horrified when they found out, that Melissa had let them be used that way.

HAHA…great videos…Thanks!

16. Shel

February 18, 2009 at 1:34 AM

The videos are up! Go catch it NOW!!! I’m watching it now too!

17. Krohaka

February 18, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Thanks, Steve! So happy to have this “over” so I can get to bed at a decent time. Looking forward to getting back to the way it used to be. I don’t understand Jason’s motivation either. They must be making it very worth his while monetarily, but nothing is worth tarnishing your rep so much – and all this with a kid involved too!
    I agree with other posters that Melissa will be the next Bachelorette.

18. Watergirl

February 18, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I think I just hit upon something really important – I think Melissa must have known about the set-up. This explains exactly why she didn’t have her parents come on the show!! She probably agreed to the whole scenario but said that she wouldn’t subject her parents to being involved in it, and being on camera in front of the country, that they would be left out of this. So I think her parents not being involved proves that Melissa knew all along about the set up- all three of them knew: Jason, Melissa, and Molly.

19. tam

February 18, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Wow! Steve your videos were awesome. Maddie is so cute!

I am left feeling bad because society’s need for drama fuels these shows to do things like this to people.

There were so many Molly clues but, I was confused because of the dang edits. Think about it…the whole tent date and walk of shame, the long walk together and Molly saying the other 4 girls can just leave, and, how in the world would Molly know to ask Jason that question about choosing the wrong girl? I don’t know Steve, I am thinking some of these things were dubbed in later or she knew. I don’t think Jason would risk losing her. At some point she knew. This would seem to explain Melissa’s family not wanting to be on tv too. Did they know? I don’t think there is a limit to what ABC did to this show. It should be called Masters of Manipulation.

Thanks again Steve.

20. danielle001

February 18, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Wow Steve, you are one cute guy… Better looking that I thought you would be. Can’t believe you’re single..Thx for giving us the scoop.

D xo

21. Watergirl

February 18, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Also I think Melissa must have agreed to this in exchange for being the bachelorette. I remember someone writing their friend was offered to be a guy on the bachelorette for next season, and he was told it would be an “all american girl.” Who’s more all american than melissa?

22. Oy Vey

February 18, 2009 at 1:55 AM

That is messed up. I am done with The Bachelor for all time. I’m seriously disturbed. It makes me realize how perverse this whole concept is. One cannot maintain feelings and relationships with multiple women and keep it compartmentalized. It’s not natural. It’s unhealthy.

Steve seems to give Molly a free pass; that she wasn’t in on it. Well I think she knew she wasn’t chosen at the FRC and by seeing Jason on the weekends knowing he was engaged to Melissa does NOT make her innocent. That is telling of her character and she’s got some BAD BAD KARMA coming her way.

23. kay

February 18, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Jason is weird… so is Molly

24. H

February 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM

So does steve know for a fact that molly was visiting jason in seattle on weekends melissa wasnt? and this is while he was engaged to melissa and she had no idea? If so i am just disappointed. I thought jason had character and if that was really going on why in the hell would molly want to be with someone that did that??

25. Elizabeth

February 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Thanks Steve!

Been a long time fan and supporter of yours. I agree with most of your long time fans that it will be nice to go back to your normal blog next season. It always gives me a laugh!

I hope you survive this infusion of new posters and craziness. Everywhere I go online for the Bachelor, you’re being talked about! How nuts is that?

Maddie is a sweetie!

26. Sad But True

February 18, 2009 at 2:10 AM

The videos are up under The Bachelor Finale Part 001, 2 and 3

27. Ann Onimous

February 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Steve, WOW! You’re the BEST!!! Love your Blog, now I love your videos too. I agree…Maddie is adorable (as is her owner)! Thanks!

#1418 and #1421 Watergirl:
    I was JUST getting ready to post BOTH these things! As the saying goes, “Great minds think alike”!

That’s just SO got to be why her parents opted out. (And if they in fact DIDN’T know, they had to have had a strong suspicion that it was a complete set-up all along.)

And like you mention in #1421, this will drum up SO much empathy for her with EVERYONE…it’s the PERFECT scenario for her to be the next B-ette. ABC has proven (not only with THIS season but with DeAnna’s season), if they use someone who is well-liked and has been “wronged” they have an instant audience going in. Nevermind the PEOPLE…with them it’s all about the $$$, all about the ratings. Sad.

28. kay

February 18, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Thanks Steve ! …. Jason & Molly belong together they are both WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. H

February 18, 2009 at 2:55 AM

abc sucks. oh and what is abc going to do now that all of this is out? No idea but i cant see the execs just sit back and let this ride… ATFR Part 3? good lord.

30. liketoshine

February 18, 2009 at 3:45 AM

i think i’m the only smart one here…i knew he wanted molly !! and i actually like molly over melissa ever since the F3 episode. And from Chris Harris’s blog, that it’s strange that with jillian and melissa, he worries about what they feel about him but with molly , he worries what he feels for her.. (that or vice versa)..anyhow, that was a big clue for me..

31. Sleepless in Seattle

February 18, 2009 at 4:17 AM

Just watched all three videos and agree with all Steve said, except I think Molly is not so innocent in this whole mess. Jillian was always my favorite but now I feel so sad for Melissa. Thanks so much for posting the videos earlier. They were great to watch and Maddie is too cute!

32. Just Sayin'

February 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM

How to you get to the 3rd video?

33. Just Sayin'

February 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Never mind…I sent that last night.

34. madmadee

February 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM

ONLY IF EVERYTHING RS divulged is the TRUTH!! then, here is my piece…
    Melissa, if ABC decides to buy your silence by letting you act as if you’re alright with this brouhaha on AFTR2 to save Jason’s ass or offer you as the next Bachelorette. Don’t ACCEPT!!! This Bachelor franchise should be halted and be thrown to the furnace! Damn you Fleiss for playing on your loyal viewers! If you have high rating for this season, it was because big bulk of your supporters are rooting for Jill, Stephanie and Melissa. That kissing maniac who thinks with his dick should be publicly ostracized. Think of your son TY, you dimwit!!!

35. The real truth

February 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Melissa was in on it all along. She got paid to go along with it as did Jason and Molly. When Melissa is announced as the next Bachelorette you will know this to be true.

I’d like to see how many of you would turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars to go along with what ABC asked them to do, which was ACT. Not to mention the chance to get your own tv show on which you will get paid again and all the opportunities that goes along with that. Are you cubical rats really going to try and act like you wouldn’t trade your mudane jobs for 3 months to travel, be on national television, and get paid more than you make in several years at your regular jobs? YEAH RIGHT!

Steve knows a little bit but he doesn’t know all. He is blindly going along with only part of the story and he fell hook, line, and sinker for the fake emails being circulated…all this is designed to prop Melissa up to be the bachelorette. Melissa knew and chose to go along with the storyline, as did Jason. Their reasons were simple – more money than they could reasonably turn down. At the end of the day, it was enough money to change their lives and they took it knowing that those closest to them would know the WHY.

The outrage for Jason is uncalled for. Someone needs to remind RS of his own words…Don’t hate the player (Jason) hate the game (ABC).

36. Janie

February 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Hey Steve I have two things to say in reference to your video that I believe you will enjoy. First of all Maddie foreshadow the things you were going to say by not looking at the camera sending the message “I am not having anything to do with this-it is a trainwreck”..meaning The bachelor..and also I know I have been playing detective way to long when all I could concentrate on in how much water you drank but the water line never went down on your bottle.Isn’t that hysterical…

Now that was an “AMAZING” shocker.. : )

37. Wide Awake and Dreaming

February 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I was offered the opportunity to be on this season of The Bachelor while walking at the Grove (a mall) in Los Angeles. This woman came up to me, asked if I was single and if I’d like to appear on The Bachelor as a contestant. I almost did it on a lark but then my common sense kicked in. Thank God. I’d have hated to have been exploited the way poor Melissa has been.

38. Mimi

February 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I think they are all A JOKE!!! Jason, Melissa, Molly, ABC…..all OF THEM knew~!

39. josh

February 18, 2009 at 12:26 PM

No Reality Steve recap? Noooooooo!!!!!!!! I have been reading your site for years and your recaps are seriously the best thing about The Bachelor. I will miss them the next couple of weeks. Any little recaps you can do without spoiler information would be much appreciated, but I certainly understand you wanting to wash your hands of recaps this season & just deal with the spoilers for now. Also, I do not like spoilers in general, but I have greatly enjoyed trying to figure out what’s going on this season based on your clues & info and reading other people’s unspoiled guesses – it has kind of made this season a bit like The Mole. Thanks again for all that you do to entertain us snarky Bachelor fans.

40. Dianne

February 18, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Steve..Maddie sure looks great..and you can totally tell she loves you to bits!

41. Dianne

February 18, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Steve..Maddie sure looks great..and you can totally tell she loves you to bits!

Whoa #1376..chillax!! It’s a SHOW for gawd sakes!

42. cynstriss

February 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM

#1216 & 1218 a friend
    My guess is little cutie Ty was in the room. That would be heartbreaking!

43. Mars

February 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM

A – where can I find copies of the Melissa/Jason e-mails? Dying to see. what that jerk has to say.

B – how do we know Jillian is “happy” now. I keep reading that but who knows this for sure? I wish her great happiness for sure.

44. Mars

February 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Hey, ha-ha, wouldn’t it be so funny if now Jason is so afraid of the public backlash (we all know how needy he is and how he desperately needs approval) that he dumps Molly and begs Melissa to take him back? But she says. “Hell to the no, sweatmeister!” Molly also refuses to speak to him and he ends up…ALONE AGAIN! Har-har! I’d love it. The backlash against him will be more fierce than the one against Deanna. Oh, the irony!

45. Guessing

February 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM

#1481 I agree. I think she was involved in the set-up — not wanting the parents to be involved…she’s too close to her family to have not told them. I can’t believe that ABC would jeopardize their entire series by ‘humiliating” someone who wasn’t in on it. I think the e-mails – while real — also part of the fabrication.They are probably laughing that this was spilled out and we’re still all on their ride…

46. Dori

February 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Steve’s hot..

47. kandice

February 19, 2009 at 12:33 AM

wow. that sucks for melissa, but i sure hope she’s not the next bachelorette… i can’t handle any more phony regurgitation… let’s get some fresh blood in there and leave old wounds to heal. on their own (WITHOUT ABC’s help).

48. Yankee

February 19, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Melissa might not think show was in on it. She might accept being next Bachelorette because she wants to find true love and feels she was duped by Jason and not the show. She would be smart to turn them down but if she doesn’t I don’t take that to mean she was in on the whole sham. I’m not even sure that this was nothing more than Jason changing his mind and then handling it in a really bad way. He’s insecure and lacks confidence so show could manipulate him into doing it on show but he should be smarter than that whether planned or not because he will look bad.

49. GoodgirlsRfun2

February 19, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Steve..Fleiss has a good lead time to throw you under the bus. He is taping something again. (through the grapevine) It is inevitable that Fleiss will retell a different story so he can discount your facts (which are 100% correct) At this time $$$ can & will be paid to the players for a different story. Fleiss hates being scooped. As you know he kept former crew members in the dark that taped scenes in NZ. He wanted the ending to be a surprise but you let the cat out of the bag! I hate to say this and hope readers are smart enough to realize that Fleiss lies and will probably try to throw you under a bus now. Boards are heavy in discussion about what you have disclosed and Fleiss while getting ratings from it likes to be first(insert eyeroll)

50. texas boy

February 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM

did anyone ever consider it was Melissa that broke it off and the AFR2 is jason asking molly for a second chance? still drama and shocking, and nobody comes out looking like a loser.