Interviews

My Interview with Megan Parris

The other night, I got the chance to have over an hour conversation with the outspoken Megan Parris, of this seasons “Bachelor.” Cast immediately on the first night as the villain of the house, Megan definitely had a lot to overcome. In this interview she discusses numerous topics such as: What was she promised that ABC didn’t deliver on? What was the biggest problem she had with the edit she got? Was she as disliked in the house as ABC led us to believe? What really happened on that “General Hospital” date? Did she ever feel any connection with Jason? What are her thoughts on the fellow Bachelorettes? What WASN’T shown from the “Women Tell All” episode? And most importantly, what does she think of the rumors that I broke last week of a Jason break up with Melissa and now is currently seeing Molly? You won’t want to miss her answers and a whole lot more in this exclusive interview only on RealitySteve.com. Click this link to hear the interview:

Reality Steve interviews Megan Parris of the “Bachelor”

Bear with us. It’s long. It might take a few minutes to load once you click the link since its almost exactly an hour and a half. But hey, I asked a lot of questions, and she had a lot to say. I want to thank Megan again for her time and her very candid answers. I think a lot of you will have a different opinion of her after listening to the interview. If you don’t, then you’re just a cynical person who probably pulls wings off butterflies…ha ha. I can honestly say, Megan couldn’t have been any nicer and more gracious and the editing of her character on the show by ABC is another prime example of how manipulative they can be. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. UPDATE: Crap. It looks like the last 30 minutes of the interview were cut off. I will do my best to try and recover it. Sorry. I have no idea what happened. I apologize for that. If I can still retrieve the old file, I will tell you when it goes up. Until then, this is about 53 minutes and there’s still plenty of good stuff in there. Maybe Megan will want to do the last half hour again. I’ll let you know what the status is sometime on Friday. Once again, I apologize.

The latest: After hearing from numerous sources yesterday, it looks like the ATFR 2 has been taped and Melissa was a part of it. However, I have no idea what happened and will probably not find out anything before it airs on Tuesday. So, just wanted to give you a heads up. And just for the record, yesterday I wrote in the blog, “Just to update, I have no new news on the ATFR 2 taping. But if I had to guess, I wouldn’t be surprised if that show is cancelled.” How people can read that and come to the conclusion that “Reality Steve just said the ATFR 2 is cancelled!” I have no idea. Are you reading the same thing I am? I used the phrases “If I had to guess” and “I wouldn’t be surprised if”. What part of those phrases made it a definite that it’d be cancelled? Some people amaze me. Can March 2nd happen, like, tomorrow? I almost can’t even wait four more days. Once again, selective reading. People believe what they want to believe.

And hey, in case I didn’t mention this 100 times already, here’s what you need to know for Mondays finale. When Jason left New Zealand, he was engaged to Melissa. He broke up with her at the ATFR 1 taping in January and started dating Molly. They are still together. ANYTHING being reported to the contrary is flat out wrong. This is something I knew about back on Jan. 27th, which is why I decided to run with it. I don’t know how much clearer I can make that. As for what happens during that ATFR show, it looks like I’ve gotten some confirmation on some things we might be seeing. I will update everyone on that news on Monday, the morning of it airing. I want to double check my sources, but I’ve come in to some very interesting information about this “Emotions run high at the unexpected and shocking ending of Jason’s journey to find true love” (ABC press release quote) at the ATFR. Coming Monday. Until then, enjoy the interview, have a great weekend, and buckle your seat belts for Monday night. Even though I’ve already spoiled it for you, it’ll be interesting to see how ABC tries to spin it. However they do it, it’s still gonna be a bumpy ride. And not a fun one for Melissa either. Poor girl. See you Monday.

UPDATE: Due to the fact that there are complete douchebags that roam message boards and just snipe away without revealing who they truly are, I’m sorry to inform you, but you will now have to register your name and email to comment on my page. My comment board has turned into an absolute joke because of certain assholes out there with nothing better to do. I never wanted it to come to this, but I have no choice. I don’t know how I can be any clearer. If you post on a message board under a fake name and curse like a sailor just to stir things up, you are an absolute loser who seriously needs help. I mean, how cowardly is that? So congratulations, you’ve ruined it for everyone else. And I’m guessing now that you’d actually have to give a legitimate email to comment, I’m guessing that’ll reduce my comments by like 1,000. Good. I’m glad. It’s f***ing ridiculous how idiotic some of you people are. So to all my regular readers, I apologize for the crap you’ve had to put with up with regarding these comments. I had to put an end to it because it’s just not right. It’s the only way these low lifes will ever leave.

1. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:13 PM

448-How was he “cold” to either of them? I didn’t see him being cold in the 4 minutes he did have to talk to them and his response to Jillian may have just been too honest? The scrutiny is crazy, but I guess that is what happens when someone is built up so high with most people, the normal thing is to have a backlash.

2. yoduhh

February 26, 2009 at 5:15 PM

#51. yoduhh | February 26th, 2009 at 5:11 am

can’t you please just write the highlights from the video? i love to read your blog… but i’m not at all into watching a video, especially not a whole hour.
    =====================================================

this #51 post was before you new register/login process, and it is NOT my post. i like watching your videos and listening to your pod casts. can’t wait for the rest of megan’s interview.

3. venus

February 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM

The Original TCB..It wasn’t my intention to put you on the defense. I simply asked a reasonable question. IMO Since someone was posting ugly things under your name..and they were very ugly.. as a result everybody has to register now.. it would be reasonable then to try to sniff the person out as coming back in under another name.

4. Yankee

February 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM

448-He seemed very subdued and very nervous at WTA. He clearly was uncomfortable with the question segment and I don’t know if he was just feeling very defensive whe there was no need to as Jill and Steph were more than nice or if he was just ery nervous. If he is now with Molly after proposing to Mel he must be wondering what the reaction to that will be.

5. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM

448-Very reasonable explanation, however I didn’t see the “coldness” with Stephanie at all, Jillian perhaps I would have used “defensive” like you stated rather than “cold”.

6. Yankee

February 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM

The great part about registration as I can see some posters mysteriously disappearing all of a sudden. lol

7. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I mean 455!!!

*smacks forehead*

8. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM

venus–well you sound very accusatory to me, that’s all.
    And anyway, HENCE the ORIGINAL TCB. Whay am I explaining this? Who cares. Just post on.
    Obviously, I am the original person who posted before all the crap went down. It would have only been a reasonable question if I had sounded fake or making things up.
    So “sniff” somewhere else.

9. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:22 PM

456–Exactly! And I haven’t gone anywhere. =)

10. campy__kc

February 26, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Just my opinion, but I think the WTA editing is what Jason appear cold to Jillian and Steph. You could tell that the editors chopped the heck out of all the interactions and dialogue, making it extremely awkward and, I think, making Jason look far worse than he probably was. I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again–Fleiss and crew used this year’s WTA for PR purposes. They know their viewers probably aren’t going to be very happy with what’s coming. Do they care? No, because it’s all about ratings for them. They spent the majority of the WTA trying to sell us a “Jason is loved by all” story, right along with a “See, Molly isn’t so bad” story. Then they threw in the “Look at the success stories that have come from the show” routine. Nothing but PR. The whole thing stunk!

11. tone

February 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM

451. Sharon – you say the editing is making Jason look bad. What is the dynamics of viewership for this show? I do not know one man that watches this show (except RS). My husband and my friends husband’s occupy their time doing something else. On the computer, playing the guitar, etc. I continuously tell my husband to watch something. Look honey, isn’t she cute. Honey, watch-rewind-you have got to hear what he/she just said. So my point is, if the higher viewership of this show is women, why did they edit Jason to look so bad? I mean Fleiss is a pretty smart guy. He has got to know what women would like to see in a man. The only thing I can come up with is that is the best they could get out of Jason. If I am wrong, sorry Jason.

12. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM

460- I agree the whole thing stunk. And about “Molly isn’t so bad”
    That’s all they talked about, it seemed.

13. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM

TCB – I KNEW that wasn’t the real you!!! Glad you’re back!

I agree with those of you who feel Jason was cold to Jill at the WTA. Something just didn’t seem right with him. I also was okay with him last season with D – felt sorry for him. But this season, I have not cared for him. He is different – maybe in way over his head with so many women. I agree that he probably isn’t used to have hot women falling all over him.

Abc made him out to be a wonderful, woman-treat-him-badly, single dad. This year, he’s been shown as robotic – no real conversation – begging for the ladies to say they love him – and taking advantage of what the final 3 did or didn’t offer him – then calling them good friends. And I didn’t know about RS until 2 or 3 weeks ago. RS just gave me a different perspective on things.

Some of you may think RS is doing this for attention – I don’t know – maybe he is, but I enjoy him. Some of us think Jason is looking for attention – maybe he isn’t, and I don’t enjoy him. We are all going to have our own likes and dislikes – probably based on our own life experiences. Doesn’t make us right or wrong – we are just all different.

14. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM

451-That is the thing, I don’t think the editing made him look bad. I was just pointing out that the other poster was admitting she based her opinion of Jason soley on what she thought was edited to make him look like a horndog. I didn’t see that in the editing personally but regardless wouldn’t judge someone harshly as it was a fact based on editing.

15. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM

who knew!!!! 🙂 Thanks, buddy.
    And excellent post. by the way.

16. CrazyWorld

February 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Actually, I agree, observed Jason’s nervousness at the WTA and he had 4 minutes therfore could explain his cool abruptness. Just curious as to why he’d comment after the WTA he had such a dear friendship with Jillian.. Sorry, but I didn’t feel their interraction as being such great friends anymore. Then again, maybe it’s because he’s uncomfortable with Melissa and Jillian’s close friendship. Just my observation !.

17. amy

February 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM

#461-my hubs LOVES the bachelor…or he’s just trying to appease me, who knows? but he watches that AND desperate housewives with me!! 🙂

18. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:34 PM

463-“year, he’s been shown as robotic – no real conversation – begging for the ladies to say they love him – and taking advantage of what the final 3 did or didn’t offer him – then calling them good friends.”

Yikes, that is an extreme and irrational conclusion if I ever saw one.

19. Yankee

February 26, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Jason does look like a horndog because he acted like one. He’s no different than the ones who paved the path before him on this show. lol

20. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Oh no….he kissed a girl and he liked it…

LOL

21. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM

CrazyWorld – maybe J is feeling uncomfortable with Jillian because he knows he fed her a line. I think J did care for Jill – didn’t most of us see a lot more between them than friendship? She said on the show that she did fall in love with him – and we know when he let her go at F3, he had a rough time pulling himself together. But then to say there was nothing there but friendship???? Almost makes me wonder if he contacted her after the FRC and she said no – and then maybe he contacted Molly????? He just seemed to be angry and trying to hurt Jill. jmo

22. campy__kc

February 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM

#463 — Again, just personal opinions, but I don’t think Jason did this for attention so much as I think he got in way over his head. I think every single one of the bach/ettes who comes back on and does their own show finds out just how difficult it really is being on that side of the fence. I can’t imagine how mentally and emotionally exhausting and stressful it is, trying to get through the process and truly find someone you can spend the rest of your life with while at the same time having to pretend to be interested in people you’re really not interested in at all, having to reciprocate kisses you don’t want to be a part of but aren’t allowed to give that away, etc. Then, when the show’s done filming, ABC has control of your life for months on end, and you’re forced to make the media rounds, give interviews, and so forth, all the while trying not to give away the ending. It has to be pretty rough!

Having said that, if Jason really does blindside Melissa as RS says he does, then he deserves whatever bad karma is coming his way. Grow a spine and do what’s right, for crying out loud! I was one of the few who actually applauded Brad Womack for doing just that. He’s about the only one who ever has.

23. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Or shall I say “some” girls…

I have a waaaaaaay different opinion of what a “horndog” is.

24. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Sharon – he kissed lots of girls and liked them all.

25. roroannie

February 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I’m not a Jason fan, but, maybe he wasn’t saying a lot on the fantasy dates as to not lead the women on.

26. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM

472- I couldn’t have said it better!

27. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM

474-I know I changed it above.
    I wouldn’t say he liked them all though.

😉

28. campy__kc

February 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM

#471, Whoknew–Again, I think editing chopped off much of what got said between Jill and Jason. On top of that, and this is just a guess, but perhaps Jason was doing everything he could to downplay his relationship with Jillian to help spare the feelings of the woman he’s now with. Imagine how shocking it would be for her to see his hot tub scene with Jillian. And if everything is as RS has told us, there’s bound to be a lot of insecurities in the relationship just based on how it’s all come about. Plus, even though WE hadn’t yet seen the hot tub scene at the time the WTA was filmed, I would imagine Jason knew he was going to take a lot of heat over it, from both the viewers and from his current lady love. Could explain why he seemed so uncomfortable.

29. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM

477 – THAT I do agree with!!! However, it was most obvious with the nose blower!!! 😉

30. tone

February 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I love it that RS can finally see each persons, name, email address and IP. 🙂

31. CrazyWorld

February 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM

471 – I agree he definately felt more than friendshp towards Jillian and something must have happened between them behind the scenes. Maybe she came to her good senses and dumped him during the overnight date!!.. Anyways, his appearance isn’t all that attractive and I’d say he has had a hair transplant.

32. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM

whoknew–lol here’s another tissue 🙂

33. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Oh Campy – I would be VERY upset if my fiance had been on tv with the hot, hot tub makeout session – and I wasn’t the girl in it!

34. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM

478-Again, I agree. It just seems so many are quick to judge in a negative light rather than sitting back and logically thinking about what he must have been going through at any given time.

35. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM

hair transplant lol

36. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM

TCB – Like …..let me blow my amazing nose…then I’ll snot on you. Blink

37. Yankee

February 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM

480-Me too. I see a lot of people mysteriously disappeared since the new system has been put in place. lol

38. venus

February 26, 2009 at 5:47 PM

449 Sharon…I don’t agree with you. As I said there were no longer 25 men around. Jason got down to 1 of 2 men left in Deanna’s season. With your reasoning, putting it in place at the current show, then could it be that Jason’s mind is still with some of the 23 he has already let go? No. It is down to 2 just like it was down to 2 with Deanna and she did not fall in love with him. He couldn’t win the love of the one woman in that competition and it’s a far stretch for me to believe that suddenly he is so irrestible he has captured the love of all these women.

I believe what I do and you believe what you do. Neither of us are ever going to change our opinions at this point. I’ve made up my mind, just like you have made up yours.

39. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM

This is a much better system – but I might miss Aletheia and her many names……

40. dixiebelle

February 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Amy, mine too!

roroannie – That could be taken a couple of ways, LOL.

41. campy__kc

February 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM

#483, Whoknew — Yep, I can’t imagine what it would be like for Melissa or Molly either one to see Jason getting that hot and steamy with Jillian. It takes maturity and understanding to get past all that, for sure. Some never do. But they shouldn’t even go on the show if they aren’t going to be able to get past seeing their man kiss other women and weed through them all to make his decision in the end. I will say, though, if Jason is truly as torn as ABC is leading us to believe, and really is in love with both Molly and Melissa, I am going to be extremely disappointed in him if he proposes. He’s 32 years old and divorced! He should know better. If you’re crying up to the very end over being in love with two women, then you certainly don’t need to be proposing to one of them. If he did, then it just proves that he’s a mess and really needs to get his head on straight.

42. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM

449- Ok then I call it overanalyzing but that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it. 😉

43. amy

February 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM

dixie…don’t we have fabulous men 😉

44. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM

488

45. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM

whoknew—-blink blink 🙂
    like this is me, like blowing and picking my nose, like….HAHAHA

He sure as hell didn’t want to go in for the kiss with her!

46. CrazyWorld

February 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I find it hard to swallow the fact that those fine women shed tears over Jason and would think him as being irrestible, *gag*. I’d rate him as average nothing above that.

47. Sharon

February 26, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I wish you could edit on here because I am horrible at responding in numbers. I deserve to be made fun of at this point.

48. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Sharon – you’re talking to yourself again 🙂 lol (#449)

Campy -“If you’re crying up to the very end over being in love with two women, then you certainly don’t need to be proposing to one of them. If he did, then it just proves that he’s a mess and really needs to get his head on straight.”

EXACTLY!!! And if RS is right, then your point has been proven!

49. whoknew

February 26, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Sharon – we’re not laughing at you – just with you!

50. The Original TCB

February 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM

It has really always bothered me that the final decision is just “SO hard” for the person who is choosing. How would you like to be the one chosen in the end only to find out it was such a gutwrenching decision to make?!