Interviews

DeAnna Pappas Interview…With Others. And is Melissa Rycroft Engaged?

So here is our DeAnna Pappas interview conducted Thursday, June 18th. Because we wanted to have a little fun with it, 30 minutes in to the interview, I surprise DeAnna by bringing in Jeremy from her season. Well, I didn’t really bring him in since he was sitting next to me the whole time. We just had him start talking for the first time after I got in a good half hour with DeAnna. Then about five minutes after bringing Jeremy on, we conference in Holly Durst, and the last 45 minutes or so are with the four of us. So I’m warning you now, if you’re looking for hard hitting journalism when the four of us are all on together, uhhhhh, forget it. Not even close. It gets pretty juvenile, but, I think you’ll enjoy hearing the three of them interact. And I apologize beforehand that Jeremy and I had to share one microphone in the studio, and he sometimes forgets to speak into it, so his voice is a little faint at times.

So here’s how it breaks down:

Interview with DeAnna (about the first 30 min): Among other things we talk about are her role on the “Lifetime” show “Get Married”, does she have a boyfriend right now, a brief mention of her stint on the “Bachelor” with Brad Womack, how she came to be the “Bachelorette”, deciding between her final four of Graham, Jeremy, Jason, and Jesse, including, who was her original final two going to be and why did it change, her role of showing up in New Zealand last season during Jason’s “Bachelor”, the YouTube video Jesse put out, plus, she answers some tough questions regarding her breakup with Jesse about as well as she could, plus much more.

Jeremy and DeAnna (about the next 5 minutes): These two get about five minutes together while I fiddle around trying to get Holly on the phone. She even tells Jeremy, yet again, why she let him go on the show.

Jeremy, DeAnna, and Holly (about the next 45 minutes): As I mentioned, this is pretty much a gigglefest. Although, we do find out a few things: How many women from the “Bachelor/ette” series has Jeremy made out with? How many men from the series has Holly made out with? (I’m not sure they answered honestly). Holly and DeAnna tell us who is a better kisser, Jeremy or Jesse? Jeremy tells us who’s a better kisser, Holly or DeAnna? (See, I told you this gets pretty juvenile). What guys would Holly and DeAnna pick as their final four from Jillians season? What does DeAnna think of Jason falling in love with three different women in a span of six months (DeAnna, Melissa, and Molly)? What tabloid rumor was the funniest one they heard about themselves? Who is President of the Twitter clique? What nicknames have been unilaterally decided for all of us? Yeah, it’s all there in a 45 minute screw off session. Entertaining, but completely silly. Hope you all enjoy the interview with DeAnna and friends. It was a good time all around and I thank all three of them for coming on. To listen to the interview, click on this link:

DeAnna Pappas Interview

A couple final notes. Some of you made mention of some negative comments being deleted under the Holly Durst interview. Let me clarify what happened. I have no problem if you choose to leave negative comments. Hell, all you have to do is look at the 70 or left about Holly’s interview to know that over 3/4 of them are of the negative variety. If I didn’t like them, then I’d delete them and I’d only leave the positive ones up. Not gonna happen. You can speak your mind about whatever you want. I don’t necessarily agree, but you can voice your opinion. However, two comments were deleted, but they were for reasons I’d rather not get into. Those people know who they are, they know why they were deleted, and I’ll just leave it at that. I’m all for expressing opinions, but the minute someone completely crosses over the line and takes it to an extreme that even I can’t believe, that’s where I have to put an end to it. It’s a comment board, people. Calm down. So just know there were two that were deleted for reasons I felt necessary, and that’s that.

And lastly, I haven’t seen it reported on any of the news sites yet, but according to the “Dallas Morning News” this morning, Melissa Rycroft got engaged over the weekend to boyfriend Tye Strickland. Here’s the link to the article. Sounds like they are speculating, and I’ve yet to hear it from any other site, but just wanted to share:

Melissa May Be Engaged

As always, as questions, comments, feedback, praises, criticisms, feel free to email me at steve@realitysteve.com. Back tomorrow with your “Bachelorette” recap and an update regarding the merchandise store. See you then.

1. YodaKnows

June 29, 2009 at 11:08 AM

NO THANK YOU! After reading your blog about what to expect in the interview, I’ll pass and not waste my time listening to more foolishness and immature junk coming from that twitter clique of yours. Yesterday’s news is what D, H and Jeremy are. How about something more appealing to read (or listen too- not me) if you really want an audience?

2. JENNIFER S.

June 29, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I will say YES, THANK YOU! It was a cute interview and yes it was silly and fun and young and goofy but isnt that what life is sometimes especially in your age group?? There are enough problems in this world so yeah, I enjoyed this dopey little interview (said lovingly). Seems like Deanna has her ducks in a row finally with her new boyfriend and her the show and I will tune in to her new show to see what it’s about.
    Thank you for asking about how her visit to New Zealand came about with Jason. I had no idea they were so close. She pretty much admits that in the “AMAZING” setting of the Bachelor/Bachelorette series, it’s kinda hard NOT to fall for multiple people. I understand your point where you always say it’s all staged but somewhere in this show I kinda get the feeling (from her) that while all these folks are going through this (regardless of whats going on behind the scenes) these people are feeling real feelings. Good job RS and Im glad you had a helluva time while doing it. Now….when are you going to find a little bachelorette of your own????
    🙂

3. Remmie

June 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Anyone else not getting past the first minute of the recording?

4. mcanj

June 29, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I listened to the interview and I liked it. You guys seemed to have a great time.
    I have a lot of stress in my life right now and it is refreshing for me to come on here and listen to an interview that was funny and not serious.
    I enjoy your post every week! You really entertain me and I appreciate it!

5. KellyH

June 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Reality Steve- LOVED the interview. You are doing a great job. Don’t let the haters get to you. Don’t ever let anyone steal your joy. I know you’re not. Keep the awesome interviews coming! You are part of the clique now!! 🙂

6. bamasunshine

June 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

After listening to your interview with DeAnna….I have to comment….first, Jason said after 6 weeks…he and Melissa were “just not right for each other”….6 weeks? Really? And you KNOW someone is not right for you……that just so immature to even say. And DeAnna said she was with Jesse for 5 1/2 months..and she stood beside him through everything….what kind of stuff happens in the first five months that is that tramatic? Usually your still in that honeymoon stage until at least a couple of years! I have been married a long long (not even going to say how long) and it takes a good five years to start going “what” was I thinking….and you don’t run from it then……It just seems silly that these people can fall in love….go through so much stuff…..fall out of love…..meet someone else….fall in love with that person…and everything is great…all within 6 months or even a year. Not realistic at all or maybe just alot of immaturity.

7. shirin

June 29, 2009 at 12:59 PM

“how many bachelor girls have u kissed?”
    hahaah,3…..
    wow….
    it is different for the guys….
    it is different for the girls too 😉

8. Abby

June 29, 2009 at 1:02 PM

OK, RS what has happened to your sarcastic, sophomoric, slanted and skewed take on these reality CHARACTERS from the Bach. series that in the past have done nothing but made fun of. Is it because you finally got some takers for your t-shirts? LOL The interview with D is a definite waste of air time and my time. D has to be one of the biggest most insincere and unreal people that has been on the Bach. series. The Get Married show is flopping because no one is flocking to see that show now that she is on it and a fake. RS come clean and give us a true blog now, and excuse your self from your hook to Jeremy and tell the true reason you did these interviews and why you think it was worth your time and talent. Did you really need a good laugh because that was what these interviews really were- A JOKE! OH yeah, Miss Holly is at her juvenile best again- she tweeted that she had the best time looking under Chris Harrison’s wife’s dress. What a kook she is, D must be too since she turned her on to this behavior! Stacie at Get Married, ABC take note of what your supposed STAR is like in REAL LIFE! NOT shining for sure, very very,very dull and dim!

9. Abby

June 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM

OH YEAH…..
    Kelly H,
    what did you LOVE about that interview? Was it the gigglefest?
    RS,
    Do you need to change your subtitle or is the new RS stuff to expect in future blogs? Does RS owe someone with his cutesy style this time?
    RS are you willing and able to say what’s up with this waste?

10. lemon

June 29, 2009 at 1:19 PM

It’s funny how the haters call DeAnna selfish and self-centered, but they’re the ones who want this site to only write about the things THEY like. How self-centered is that? Whine much? The internet doesn’t work that way kids, sorry.

If you don’t like something then you can skip reading it and wait for something you do want to read, or remove the site from your bookmarks and go on with your life. If you choose to do the latter I’m sure Steve won’t miss your hissy fits and demands.

There is nothing DeAnna could say in this interview that would make her haters change their minds. Keep doing the interviews you want to do Steve, it’s your site.

11. Barbara Morgan

June 29, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Not a great interview…RS…sorry…you did not get any specific answers or even try to ask De what caused the break up which is what people really want to know. She said she fell in love with Jesse…what made her fall out of love is what I wanted to know. You didn’t even try to ask her one specific thing. After listening, I don’t feel like I know one thing about De that I didn’t already know…I know you’re not Barbara Walters but people want to find out something about the person being interviewed other than they think its’ fun to look up other women’s skirts in a club.

12. yer wan

June 29, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I liked that interview, o.k, things went from the sublime to the ridiculous about halfway and then completely tits up when Holly appeared, but, there has to be some joy in life….right? I thought DeAnna came across quite well, she seems to have a bit of sense and didn`t turn it into a Jesse bitchfest. DeAnna is in love AGAIN, what is up with the ppl who go on that show…. why do they fall in love with guys/girls they have only known for 5 minutes? Same with Melissa, I don`t think anyone deserves a bit of love and happiness more than her and I truly hope things work out for her with her new man but it`s only been a few months….why can`t these women learn to stop handing their hearts out willy nilly to any guy who comes along. BTW I think I`d much rather wake up in the morning and have to look at Tye than Mesnick! Much better job Steve, very anile!!

13. YodaKnows

June 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM

lemon=Ann I see you are continuing to drink the H and D juice.Everyone is entitled to there opinion as you say and I believe is so true. But why is RS now moderating comments to make sure more positive than negatives are being displayed? RS don’t eat your words, be honest, be truthful and allow comments good or bad.

14. ChicaM

June 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM

WOW!!! Reality Steve obviously has a “hard on” for Jesse Csincsak!! Having said that, this will be my last post here. Some advice…move on Steve (Jesse Hater)…I do believe Jesse has.

15. yer wan

June 29, 2009 at 1:52 PM

HATERS? I hate that word!

16. Fox

June 29, 2009 at 1:59 PM

This interview was so senseless! It was obviously re-recorded and edited. C’mon Steve, you think your listeners are that dumb? What was the point of this interview? Why don’t you just have Jesse on since you obviously have a bone to pick with him, instead of a dimwit, a has been and a wannabe lawyer? Get a grip, Steve. Give us some interesting interviews with real context questions. You seem to like to “lead” the blonde around. She’d certainly be lost without you putting words in her mouth. Maybe left to her devices we’d find her at McDonald’s (not sure MickeyD’s likes all of “this” type of attention however). Real journalism! Valid questions. Let your viewers LEARN something! Geez 50 minutes I’ll never get back and then 10 more for even responding to this thing!

17. Dianne

June 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Yoda – Steve deleted 2 and only 2 comments that were obviously way over the line. It’s his call should he choose to delete. After what was put on this site during and after last season’s Batchelor fiasco, I don’t blame Steve one bit for deleting overly negative comments. He is NOT making sure there are more positives than negatives, he’s making sure some of the comments people make are kept in line..nothing more, nothing less. And if you don’t like that Yoda, feel free to leave anytime.

18. fersti

June 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hmmm..i thought the interview was ok. I liked the Deanna portion and was even commending you Steve on doing a good job! But then Jeremy got on, that even that was ok. It all went down hill with Holly, what a bimbo. I was expecting to listen to a DEANNA interview, not a HOLLY interview. there is a reason i did not click her interview to begin with.

So, bascially, you did really well at the very begining but then it was just painful to listen to. Deanna is awesome and seems like a very cool person.

19. Jordan

June 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Steve, you blew it.

why did not you not ask DeAnna about how the flowers changed colors at the FRC when Jason showed up????? That’s bothered me for a year.

20. Patti

June 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Well, since it’s my choice, I did elect to not listen to Holly or DeAnna interviews.

Ok..just one comment about Melissa and her engagement. She played Jason like a fiddle, those of you who don’t think so are extremely naive. She used the show to get her tv career going and when the cameras were off, Jason saw her for what she was…a manipulator who didn’t give a flip about him or his child. The DWTS and the new GMA jobs prove it..and finally, the real verification…she’s engaged to marry the boyfriend she had when she was on the Bachelor..he long time love. Those of you who respect this woman need to think about it.

21. Jordan

June 29, 2009 at 4:04 PM

This interview sucks! You didnt ask ANY good questions! Not sure why you didnt push her for more details on why she ditched Jesse….What she thought of Jason making the ole switcheroo…the flowers changing colors….this was so boring and a huge waste of time.

22. pollyannaforever

June 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM

The first time I commented, I said I would wait for the interview before leaving thoughts. Because of the Twitter comments I was ready for more of the same. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think anything was said to change my mind about DeAnna and Holly, just glad they didn’t add more fuel to the fire so to speak. My recollection of hearing about their breakup came on their MySpace. When I went on, the comments stated it was heard that they broke up, and fans hoping to hear it wasn’t true. One fan posted an In Touch interview of DeAnna confirming the break up. This happened before the U-Tube video, so which exactly came first, because my perception was that Jesse was answering the fans wanting to know the story. He always seem to care more about the fans and appreciated them a lot more than DeAnna every did. How long did it take her to thank the fans for voting for her for the Realitini award. whatever it was called. I for one would have never voted for her but did only because Jesse blogged for the fans to do so. I have lots more to comment on but will only address one more thing. The Vegas reunion. It was quite a coincidence that she was there for that very weekend. If she so chose, that event or thing she had that weekend could have been done another time. I think it was obviously something she and Holly enjoyed very much, but I think their reasons were more involved than they admitted to. Needless to say, I will never be a DeAnna fan, and I am not going to waste any more time on the subject. Just wanted to have my say on just a couple things. I don’t care what she says, she is trying to repair her image, but she has gone Hollywood and how can she not admit to it!!!!!!

23. Jordan

June 29, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Patti, you are sadly mistaken about Melissa. The DWTS thing fell in her lap. Why in the world would she say no? She’s a dancer! Of course she’d want to do it. And she had a chance to win.

And do you think anyone in their right mind would say “no” to GMA if they offered you a job??? How ridiculous.

24. Jordan

June 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Patti, Tye was not her boyfriend during the Bachelor. You need to get your facts straight.

25. Abby

June 29, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Dianne, if RS delete only 2 comments before that you know of, now 2+2=4 because 2 comments that I made today were not posted.

26. sparkly

June 29, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Ho hum, I agree with post #14 – this interview was boring. No real new information to be had here. She didn’t really answer why she “let” Graham go and obfuscated on a few other issues. I guess she is still under contract?

27. lemon

June 29, 2009 at 5:41 PM

@YodaKnows
    I am not a huge DeAnna or Holly fan, I don’t know who you think I am. (Ann?) I’ve never seen DeAnna’s Get Married show, I don’t even know which channel it’s on. If I really drank the “Holly and DeAnna juice” (uh, ew?) that’s the sort of thing I’d be recording and watching faithfully.

I’m actually fairly cynical about things that were said in the interviews, and I can tell when they held back. For example, DeAnna can’t talk about things the edit hid and the real reason why Grahamn left, she did the best she could with that question.

So even though I’m not a fan who blindly believes everything these women say, I’m still amazed at the venom being spewed at them. You can think they’re a joke, I truly don’t care, but keep in mind you’re reading a website dedicated to reality tv. So why are some people giving Steve a hard time for interviewing reality tv show contestants? If you don’t like the people he’s talking to then wait for an interview with someone you do like. The more interviews he posts the better chance he has of scoring new interviews, that’s how media works.

28. cvendel

June 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM

What are people talking about, “flowers changing”? Please clarify.

29. lemon

June 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Oh god, the stupid flowers. If you watch the FRC carefully you can tell where the camera angles changed. I saw the diagrams showing where the cameras and flower pots were placed, and they matched up with what I could see with my own eyes. People on Fort did screencap analysis that prove DeAnna’s hair wisps didn’t change when the angles did. The FRC wasn’t re-shot on a later date and edited together in a strange mish-mash. Also, the different lenses used on those cameras messed with the depth perception, which caused some people to cry foul, but people who work with tv production cameras clearly understood what was happening there.

Bottom line: DeAnna didn’t originally accept Jason’s proposal and then change her mind.

30. lburggirl

June 29, 2009 at 5:56 PM

My first comment is to Patti in Post #13. Patti, you are obviously a very angry person who appears to have very strong personal feelings against Melissa Rycroft. As #16 said above, the DWTS was a last minute offer that she chose to accept. I’m sure it did her confidence a world of good, plus it was a nice distraction. Also agreeing with #16’s comments about GMA. Do you think that she should have declined the offer just so people like you wouldn’t think badly of her. Wow. Therapy is suggested.

Now, on to RS and the interview with DeAnna. I decided to listen to the first 5 minutes and then make a decision as to whether I wanted to continue. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by Deanna’s comments and her class in chosing not to bash people — any people. RS, again, I am quite disappointed in you. You had me in the beginning. You started out in a pleasant, engaging manner. I didn’t feel guilty for wasting so much time listening. Towards the end, however, and on 2 separate occasions, you resorted to behavior that has irked me many times in the past. Your crass nature seems to always eventually come out. Once again, I find myself questioning your emotional age and maturity. Crass, classless comments often come from hormone enraged teenage boys — or from people like David on this year’s bachelorette. He got the boot, remember.

31. luvthebiz

June 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I think that a majority of people go on The Bachelor or The Bachlorette because they have ambitions in the entertainment business. If not that then it is to further their business. I think a small percentage are for real. I am not planning to watch this show anymore as it is a waste of time. Too bad that it isn’t for real.

32. buzz26

June 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Again, nothing worthy of listening to. They just want to hear themselves talk. I think RS is in denial…nobody really cares.

33. catherine a

June 29, 2009 at 6:35 PM

truthfully, I don’t know who has enough free time to devote over an hour to listen to this stuff – I did listen to about 30 minutes (more than enough) and, from what I heard, thought Deanna sounded sincere (and, admirably, did not bash Jesse)….I thought it was unnecesarry for RS to bash Chris Harrison and talk (again) about how Chris has a ‘hard-on’ for him – seemed very unnecessary and a waste of our time – to someone else’s point, RS, this just demonstrates immaturity on your part….

34. cvendel

June 29, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I thought the interviews were a lot of fun, but did tend to drag on a bit. And honestly, if none of these people were as good looking as they are, I wouldn’t have been the least bit interested.

35. tea

June 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I would like to know what happened to the engagement ring? Deanna said that she was donating it to charity. What charity?
    I’m surprised that Bloomingdales associates with Get Married. Not exactly the happily ever after story that most people want when planning a wedding. The host publicly broke up with her fiance, hooked up with another ex girlfriend, bashed him on both twitter and a classy online blog like Reality Steve, etc. Kind of ghetto for an upscale retailer like Bloomies.
    Don’t get me wrong. I wish Deanna the best. I don’t fault her for breaking up with Jesse. She felt that they weren’t good together. Good for her for having the courage to call it off. I just don’t think her actions in the past few weeks are going to be good for her career in the long run. Parents don’t like to see juvenile,classless behavior by people giving wedding advice. Let’s face it parents pay for most weddings. Bloomingdales would be crazy to keep Get Married around.

36. sjcaligurl

June 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM

See, that wasn’t so bad? I’m not sure what people were expecting from this “chat” but, again, not much was said that hadn’t already been said before. I’m glad DeAnna confirmed what I’d already thought and that was that she didn’t just hop off of a plane and dump Jesse at the baggage claim. Even his greatest fans can see how manic he is. He knew there were problems and he knew what they were about. I’m sure he wanted to know what she decided right then and there … It was a punk move for him to act like he was blind sided when I’m sure he knew it was probably coming all along.

I’ll give him one thing, he has certainly gotten more interviews, pictures and press out of his experience on the show than any other contestant in history. Time is up though!

37. tooonice

June 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM

STEVE! You were right again. Not that I ever doubted you though! Man…I love this drama.

38. tea

June 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Steve, why was my comment not posted? It wasn’t so bad. It wasn’t a love fest like sjcali. Do you only post from the Deanna lovers?

39. Carolyn

June 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM

shirin :“how many bachelor girls have u kissed?”hahaah,3…..wow….it is different for the guys….it is different for the girls too

I totally agree with that!!! Anyway, I have a feeling that when Jeremy finally meets the right woman….her kiss will blow the others away!

Steve..great interview!! There’s enough stress in the world,and I can always depend upon your interviews and columns to put a smile on my face. Keep it up!

40. tea

June 29, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Steve is only posting positive comments. Between my sisters and I none of our comments were posted. They were not nasty, just not positive for Deanna.

41. kula

June 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Has anyone seen the show tonight? Jake doing the Jason balcony impersonation was hysterical. Laughed harder than I have in a long time.

42. mike887

June 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

DeAnna appears to suggest that Jesse leaked the break up with his you tube video. However, it was DeAnna’s interview to IN TOUCH that FIRST notified the public of the breakup. An online news flash released by IN TOUCH appeared early on Monday Nov. 3rd. I have an e-mail to prove that as early as 2 pm EST the news was out BEFORE Jesse later addressed concerned fans who had learned about the breakup online in his you tube video. Without DeAnna giving an interview before the break up was public – there would be no you tube.

43. jljohnson

June 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM

@kula That was hilarious! I was like, “Is he seriously CRYING?”

44. marykatherine

June 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

@Patti
    How could Melissa have possibly known that someone would get hurt, drop out of DWTS, and she would get the opportunity? She’s seems like a genuine person, and I’d much rather see good things happen to her than to someone like Pappas. She seems to be talentless and heartless. I don’t wish bad things on anyone, but she truly makes my stomach turn.

45. kula

June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Wonder how much Jake got paid to come back and do that?@jljohnson

46. mike887

June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

@sjcaligurl
    And you know all that because – you work at baggage claim?

47. steamboatrn

June 29, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Loved this interview. I feel like I finally heard the DeAnna that I have liked from her season with Brad. She handled the “burning questions” about Jesse, etc well and I feel like a lady.

48. palm

June 30, 2009 at 1:49 AM

For someone without a showbiz background and little training, I think Deanna has done a great job handling all the pr, etc. My guess is she’ll have some sort of ongoing career if she wants it.

49. palm

June 30, 2009 at 1:50 AM

It sounded like she was saying Graham left on his own. Is that what happened? I didn’t really watch her season regularly.

50. sjcaligurl

June 30, 2009 at 2:43 AM

@mike887 … I know that, girlie, because no woman in her right mind would deliberately mess up their ride back to Breck to get their stuff – particularly with a guy who has been reported to have chronic “road rage” issues. LOL! She’s lucky she made it to his house in one piece. Matter of fact, don’t road rage folks generally have “rage” issues in general? Not exactly a “safe” choice for a life partner, is it?