Interviews

Interview #2 with Wes Hayden – Why Wasn’t He at the “Men Tell All”?

Whether or not you like the guy, ABC has made it perfectly clear who the most talked about person this season is about, and its certainly not Jillian. I figured since Wes didn’t get a chance to defend himself on Monday’s “MTA” episode, he could do it right here. If you’d like to hear what he has to say, I suggest you listen to the interview. If you’re sick of him, then don’t listen. I think it’s a pretty telling interview that really covers a lot of what you people have been wanting to know. When Monday’s episode dedicates four different segments of their show to a guy who’s not there, then it’s obvious they had an agenda. Wes wanted to be there, he just wasn’t allowed to. This 35 minute interview is a look at a few things which weren’t discussed the first time around, plus some new information regarding a letter Wes wrote to Jillian that was never shown on TV and some damaging evidence to what Tanner P. has been saying all show. Other topics:

-What has been the reaction from club promoters and bar owners who have scheduled Wes’ band to perform?
-Which guys from the show does Wes keep in touch with?
-What is his reaction to Chris Harrison’s blog from Monday saying Wes only wanted to come on the show after “making sure all the other guys would back him up”?
-If Tanner P. and Wes are boys, why does Tanner keep throwing him under the bus – on the show and at the MTA taping?
-If Jake and Tanner both claim Wes told them about a girlfriend back home, why hasn’t ABC produced one shred of video or audio evidence to these conversations if cameras are rolling all day long and there are microphones everywhere?
-What did the letter he wrote to Jillian in Spain say? Why’d he write it?
-Plus, email questions from you the readers

I felt it was pretty bush league of ABC to not allow the guy on the show Monday only to then turn around and mock the guy for two hours. This is his forum to speak on that issue, plus tell everyone that despite the negativity, he will get through this. I know there are some of you that just want this all to go away, and that’s fine. I feel as an avid critic of this show to make sure all sides are told. Anyone else that wants to speak to me, I’d be more than glad to put them on. But considering outside of Jason Mesnick, this is the most talked about bachelor in recent memory, I felt it was appropriate for him to be able to defend himself. If that makes me a kiss ass, then so be it. Direct your shots at me. I’m a big boy. I can handle it. Hope you enjoy the interview. Click on the link below to listen:

Wes Hayden Interview #2 (35 min)

“Reality Roundup” returns tomorrow with a look at the Jon & Kate situation, “Americas Got Talent”, Paula Adbul’s contract negotiations, my final thoughts on what to expect in the “Bachelorette” finale, plus more. As always, any questions, comments, emails, praises, criticisms, email me at steve@realitysteve.com. See you tomorrow.

1. lithargic

July 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Wes went on the show to promote his career. He has admitted that. Now thanks to TB and his BFF Steve he has gone from a total unknown to a celebrity. He is about 14 minutes into his fame cycle and RS is trying to help him stretch it out a little longer.

The sad thing is that Wes caused Steve to ruin a perfectly good website. No bad edit there, just the truth!

2. lora

July 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Barf…I really hope the next bachelor is not Jake.

3. Teresa

July 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Me, too, I can’t stand the thought of Jake being the next Bachelor. That will end my watching for sure. No wonder they wanted Jake to rush back and tell Jillian about Wes, he looked like the hero, the knight on the white horse and all that. What a perfect drama, the good guy and the bad guy. (I’m not rooting for any of them, it’s just so funny).

4. dfwgirl

July 23, 2009 at 9:12 PM

sjcaligurl and surrealfan – great points. You both said it well. Enough about Wes. Move on. ABC has. ABC didn’t spend nearly as much time on Wes as Wes and Steve seem to think during the MTA. The show was hilarious and that was the parts that didn’t include Wes. I also wondered about the statement Wes made on the hometown date after Jillian tells him she heard he had a g/f… did one of my band members say that? Now why would he think that unless one of them knew something. But really, who cares? RS, you’re probably a good guy, but you’ve gotten totally sucked into this and I have a feeling a year from now, you’re going to be thinking why did I get so worked up? The ratings have gone up because of this. People watch it for entertainment. Wes has definitely been entertainment. I don’t think ABC is worried about Wes. All Wes’s rants and raves is just blah blah blah. People see what they want to see.

5. terry-pat

July 23, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Funny.Read your update on Monday,not many positive posts,people so sick of the Steve man love of Wes…now it is thank you?yup ok did some posts disappear,anyway I said this long ago,you are in a position I might say”up shit creek without a paddle”those that loved your updates,for the humour think you compromised your self,as one person put it talking out of both sides of your mouth.I guess you are going to have to decide what is more important,your fan base,or well, if you are going to skewer people,don’t get to know them,then you have nothing to write…but what do I know,I am Canadian and see it all the time,yes we make fun of those we like,it is called humour.PS example of what is not,Milk in bags,who’s fridge were you looking in? The last time I looked in mine,it looked like a carton to me,oh but the sin,not Quart or half gallon,it did say one litre,or two litre.Oh well I still like ya.

6. Mich

July 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I really don’t understand why some of you get so worked up about what RS writes in his blog. If you don’t like it anymore, you don’t have to read it. If he wants to talk about Wes and interview him and help him defend himself, then why does it bother you so much? Get over it and move on. Isn’t a blog about your feelings/thoughts? Then let him write what he wants and you can write your own blog, if you think you can do better.

7. Mich

July 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM

@stephlk74b

I think you need to take a chill pill… or 2. What is your problem?

8. tennisany1

July 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Once again the interview with Wes included mostly RS talking and Wes agreeing. I wouldn’t even call it an interview – I’m not sure what I’d call it. RS seemed to be working really hard to defend and speak for Wes. I just don’t get it….disappointed.

9. terry-pat

July 23, 2009 at 11:37 PM

If you were refering to me I have no problem,I don’t mind Wes at all heard the interview,and for the Steve blog,Somethings I find funny some I don’t I am a big girl,I can take it.The point I was making was,maybe he is up that creek without the paddle.I was reading the comments on the MTA update and they were not pretty,because his fan base came looking for humour and got,well, more of a lecture of how they can edit people,which anyone in their right mind can see,I was just expressing a view,I just thought he put himself in a hard position that is all,example…Jilly in her Bikini does nothing for him,fine fair statement,but when he says”I don’t like her.”I don’t like her,well if Wes was misrepresented,how did he not think his take on Jilly was not too,it just does not seem fair.Hey I am not getting on anybody,but what is Steve going to do now,dish somebody,knowing it could be just the edit.Sometime you just got to stick with the humour.

10. dfwgirl

July 24, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Hey Mich, RS is here to blog. He wants comments. We’re here to comment. We read it for entertainment. Those that are really sick of it have stopped reading. I still find it entertaining, especially to read what people write that shows we could be watching two totally separate shows. We see what we want to see, including Steve. I’m sure Steve and Wes are probably ok guys. Wes is milking this for everything he can. He said he had gigs cancelled. He probably got just as many from the publicity.

11. kelsey

July 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Aside from Laurel knowing about how the show works, so does Jeremy who is friends with Wes. Your telling me that Wes never watched his buddy on the show??? Or Laurel never talked to him about Brad’s aftermath??? Although I think he should have been leary of going onto a reality show in the first place, there has never been a nastier edit job than this! I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, but they sure did a number on him and they’ve made a mockery of themselves as well as Wes.

12. lila

July 24, 2009 at 1:44 AM

@cubbieblue Kristin
    This video made me laugh!

13. Veil

July 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Ok so many posts here. I don’t care who she chooses, probably Ed. I just hope the “toolboy” isn’t the next bach. After Wes this will be so black and white. “Jake” Big mistake. They will go to far here and Stevie is probably hoping. They will open the “Grand Canyon” with this one. i.e. They didn’t produce that Kriptonyte promo for nothing. He better shine next week or those abs will be sold on “Hollywood and Vine”

14. Veil

July 24, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Steve, are you by chance “Feces Hurling Monkey” on the ABC board. The poor man is banned constantly but finds a new banana tree everytime. I will be comforted if this is you. I am a snarky poster on there and try to evoke “The RS Blog” when I can.

15. Mich

July 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM

dfwgirl, I actually was referring to the people that write in capital letters as if they are shouting out to the world and just get completely worked up about it. Opinions are one thing, but I can’t understand why anyone would get so worked up.

Here’s an example of what I meant:

“WHO CARES IF HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND or DIDN’T! I am so through with you harping on this! AH! I have so much more to say, but I digress. I am doing what I am telling you to stop doing – harping on the same crap. But, this is the last point – GET ON WITH IT!!!!!! WHO CARES!!!!!!! it’s a freakin’ REALITY TV SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if they don’t have EVIDENCE – ugh, I am getting all worked up again. IT’S NOT REAL!!!!!!!”

16. Jordan

July 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM

For those of you who are STILL BITCHING, why are you here? Go away! Your constant negativity and rude comments are tired already. Steve, I loved your interview and look forward to hearing more from Wes. He’s got alot to share….

17. stephlk74b

July 24, 2009 at 9:04 AM

@Mich
    Mich – and the other “why are still here” people – you are obviously people who are dead set on busting up reality TV. If you really have issues with it – DON’T WATCH IT (those caps are for Mich). I watch it because it’s entertaining and Steve used to be hilarious in his recaps because we all knew it was crap TV and it was fun to make fun of the “characters.” I was one of the old school Reality Steve followers who would get e-mail updates and laugh my ass off. Now, I get to come and read a bunch of crap about how TV is fake. (again, for you Mich) OF COURSE IT IS, IT’S ENTERTAINMENT!

18. lithargic

July 24, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Just listened to the Wes interview a second time. Here is a synopsis:

RS: Wes you really got a bad edit didn’t you?
    WEs; Yup
    RS: They blindsided you didn’t they?
    Wes; Yup
    RS: You are really a great guy aren’t you?
    Wes: Yup
    RS: Chris Harrison ids a real Dick isn’t he?
    Wes: Yup
    RS: Your band is great
    Wes: Yup
    RS: Here is a list of your shows and your website. Everybody should give you money
    Wes: Yup

Great journalism Steve…you’re a real pro!

19. Mich

July 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I’m actually not dead set on busting up reality TV. I do watch it for entertainment only. But these people that go on these shows are real people and I’m sure most of them don’t realize to the full extent what they are getting themselves into. So maybe they made a mistake by signing up to the show. Everyone makes mistakes and hopefully they learn from them. Not everybody knows that Wes was edited the way he was or how he could have been or realize that the show is fake. I had this discussion with a friend the other night and she said Wes was scum and that he really said everything they showed and that is exactly the person he is. So it’s good that he has the chance to defend himself for the people to see what he is really like outside of the fake TV show. I’m sure others are definately edited too, but if they wanted to defend themselves, they could do the same thing as Wes and do just that.

20. Sirtriz

July 24, 2009 at 10:00 AM

thanks lithargic for saving me 35 minutes of my life! good one!

21. MegD55

July 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Sorry did not listen to this—this story has been beat to poo and it wasn’t all that breaking or shocking of a story to begin with.

I did read in Us Weekly that ABC is looking at Michael and his twin as being the bachelors next season which I could see cause they’ve never done something like that before–its more creative than Jake the pilot/ bad actor/”nice guy” who would never carry a season. Except I think they may be borrowing the concept from VH1–Real Chance of Love ring a bell–so perhaps its not so original…I’ll only watch if the bachelorettes compete in weekly break dancing competitions to determine which twin sends girls home. when you are getting your show concepts from VH1–you know you’ve jumped the shark–but I do love my trashy VH1 shows every now and then….

Oh and some other news–I live in Chicago and one of the radio stations has an interview with Jillian on Monday which I find a little curious–I’ll be interested to know if she is also doing one with wherever Kiptyon is from. Regardless, I think she chooses Ed and that the radio station will then have both of them on the next day….

22. daisy

July 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Great interview Steve (and cute photo of Wes)! Okay, so most of us agree that he got a really bad and edit and that’s not fair. Thanks to RS and others, the word is getting out. I think the end result of all this negative attention has and will continue to bring him supporters and good publicity. I listened to the youtube link above and then to “It Don’t Take That Long,” and the song is good! I believe Wes has his faults, but now I am a fan and wish him the best.

23. BronzeTan

July 24, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Just listened to this interview, and all I can say is LMAO!
    Obviously scripted in advance based on the “where can we see you, what about video’s etc”. Also loved his response…oh on You Tube, blah blah blah.
    And poor Wes, lost 5 gigs for a total of 30k?? Personally, or is that how much he makes to be split with each member of his band..if so, he’s a loser.
    Listen up people..he admits to talking to the guys all the time…do you honestly believe he didn’t ask how many of them would stick up for him? As for Tanner admitting he just did what the producers told him to say at the MTA, maybe Tanner DID tell Wes that…all that shows is Tanner is not one to take resonsibility for his own actions/words. If he was such a Wes fan…stay home Tanner!!
    I love the fact that this man went on TV to make a name for himself is actually doing worse than when he started…AMEN…what goes around comes around.
    Didn’t matter if you did or did not have a girlfriend at home…fact is you went on the show for the wrong reason. I’m sure you’re not the only one who did either. As for why they chose you to vilify-that’s easy…you are an easy target cause you know why you were on there in the first place.
    Is it possible Jake lied about you? Yep, sure is…but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck…well you get the point.
    And btw, Jake is nothing to write home about either…I think he wants to be the next boring Bachelor and he’s no prize…how much money do you think a Captain of a Regional Airline makes?? In the 30 grand area if lucky. Not bad but not rich compared to what the other Bachelor’s had.
    Just remember this last comment which I’ll repeat…this interview with Wes was obviously scripted ahead of time by the two of them based on RS’s leading questions….yet he criticizes ABC for their editing!! It’s rich I tell ya…and laughable.
    ABC is phony, but RS commenting on it is like the pot calling the kettle black!! 🙂

24. KJGL

July 24, 2009 at 11:55 AM

so now we’re finding out that Jake once played a young Chuck Norris on Walker, Texas Ranger? hehe, well, if we look at Jake’s heaving sobs at the balcony rail scene on the Bachelor, we get an idea of why it’s been such a long time between acting jobs for him. Yo, Wes–Jake’s not one pancake short of a stack–he’s just a bad actor and an aspiring entertainer, just like you and a zillion other people the producers book for the show. Steve may be leaning a little too favorably toward Wes being the be-all and end-all of honesty, but Steve’s point that this show is not real is right on target.

25. Jordan

July 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Brozne……get lost. Your post is ridiculous.

26. Carrie71

July 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I just wanted to say a couple things that have been bothering me. I find it hard to believe that Wes did not know anything about the show before hand. The girl that he previously dated (Laurel) had a connection with at least two previous bachelors/participants and then Wes also goes on the show. It definitely sounds a little odd that Wes is using producers from the show to help with his video. Aren’t these the same producers that gave him the edit job??!! Maybe they are both getting what they need from this show.

27. JenyP

July 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Ok – how do we get hottie Wes up to MA for a show? Seriously who cares what the guy says – he is YUMMY! Its all for entertainment people and those of you who come on here to trash steve, its his website people if you are going through the trouble of posting just to trash him you really don’t have a leg to stand on. Steve you are awesome and I am a longtime fan and think your better than ever… and again Wes is so freakin’ hot in that picture…..

28. bachfan

July 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM

For the second week in a row, it appears RS is not going to deliver on his promised “Reality Roundup” or his predictions/information about the show itself. I have continued to come here the last couple weeks in the hopes that eventually things will return to normal. But now I’m done. I’m so sick of hearing about Wes. I don’t care about him one way or the other. Yes, he was edited badly. But yes, just like all the others that RS makes fun of, he signed up for this. He’s yesterday’s news at this point.

Of course RS has the right to do whatever he wants with his blog. I just wanted to add my 2 cents that I no longer find it interesting, and he’s lost another loyal reader.

29. Jordan

July 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I guess some of you dont get it. Wes is blowing this show to bits. This is GREAT! ABC has been doing this to people for years, and finally someone has the nuts to call them on it. I love it! Wes, keep talking honey! I want to hear more.

All of you guys who are so irritated with RS and his friendship with Wes – truly…..get a life. Why do you care? Wes seems like a very nice guy.

But the fact remains that he’s the first person in the history of this show to call a spade a spade – and I’m so happy he’s talking.

30. Deegirl

July 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Wes dated Laurel who used to date Brad who got a horrible edit from ABC. Remember after the whole MeYawna fallout Brad was pretty bitter with ABC. Jeremy didn’t exactly get a bright shiny edit from ABC either. Wes knows both these people very well yet Wes is completely blindsided by all this. Come on, really? No clue whatsoever? I’m not buying it.

Steve, you’re starting to remind me of Ronnie from BB11. I hope there’s someone else out there who is as funny as you used to be who doesn’t have his head completely up Jeremy, Wes and MeYawna’s asses.

31. cubbieblue Kristin

July 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM

@MegD55
    MegD, I live in Chicago too. Which radio station was it? The mix? Do you know if it’s up on their website as I would like to listen to it. thanks!

32. Deegirl

July 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM

My first comment didn’t post so let me try again. Sorry if these becomes redundant. We should be pretty used to that by now on this site.

Wes dated Laurel who used to date Brad who got a horrible edit from ABC after the whole MeYawna cries her crocodile tears fallout. Wes is friends with Jeremy who also didn’t come out smelling like a rose thanks to ABC. But we’re supposed to believe Wes was absolutely blindsided by all this. No clue whatsoever? I’m not buying it.

Steve, you’re starting to remind me of Ronnie from BB11. I hope there’s another blogger out there who is as funny as you used to be who doesn’t have his head completely up Wes, Jeremy and MeYawna’s asses.

33. lemon

July 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Steve, do you have any info on Ed being banned from a bar in Chicago?Just wondering if you can confirm this story with your sources as well. The more I hear about this guy the more I think Wes got the bad edit that Ed deserved.

34. lora

July 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Right on Jordon.

35. cgad34

July 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Are we getting a Reality Round up today or not??

36. stephlk74b

July 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM

@Mich

I get what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent. But, I am sorry, anyone who signs up to be a on Reality TV show in the year 2009 has to know that it is not a good idea. I agree with you, everyone makes mistakes and I completely agree that Wes probably did get a horrible edit. I also think it’s a load of crap that people who don’t read these blogs don’t know that he is out there defending himself. Most of my facebook friends who watch the show post about how much they don’t like him. I think it is wrong.

My problem is this – it is wrong and the show is wrong, but it is entertainment and that is all I am saying. I wish I would have kept some of the old e-mails he used to send. I am telling you – it was some of the funniest stuff I have ever read. I would work through lunch to read it because I knew I would be laughing out loud. Now, I can read it anytime because I am going to chuckle maybe once – mostly now, all I do is get angry because all I am reading about is someone busting up the world of reality TV instead of just a good old fashioned joke fest.

I know people (I) can go to other blogs, but trust me – in his glory – there is not another person who could match Steve’s take on this show. I think that is why we stick around, hoping and praying he gets back to the way it was. Let me tell you, it was hilarious. There are tons of other sites that can bust up the “truths,” but RS is the only one who could make me laugh like he could about them.

37. cgad34

July 24, 2009 at 3:56 PM

@stephlk74b

agreed…plus, it’s kinda sad b/c it doesn’t seem like RS is having FUN with this blog anymore…It’s sooo negative now…too bad.

38. kathy

July 24, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Here’s an important question for Wes.

It was obvious that the comments regarding him on the MTA were sliced and diced. One in particular was really frustrating. Maybe Wess can help clarify.

Sasha was trying to defend Wes but his comments were edited to the point where they left viewers hanging and didnt really make sense. He ended with this cliffhanger “Wes might have been on the show for the wrong reasons, BUT NOT FOR THE REASON EVERYONE THINKS”

Dun Dun DUN!

Does Wes know what Sasha meant to say??? It seemed he meant that Wes was not on the show for the “wrong reason” of having a girlfriend or possibly even for career reasons, which are the two “wrong” reasons everyone thinks. RealitySteve, a great followup would be to get Sasha on the phone and ask him directly what he meant. Inquiring minds REALLY want to know!

Also, what did Wes mean when he said “My acting days are through”. That was edited as said in the limo but can he shed light on when he said it and why? That was one phrase that really seemed damning (along with “I’m going to go home and have a LOT of sex” and “it’s going to take me a long time to get on my feet” said with a smirk (which implied it would take him a long time to get on his feet from the horizontal position required to have sex) so if Wes could answer to these three phrases, especially the first one about acting, it would help his case a lot. These would be great journalistic followups.

Thanks Steve!!

39. daisy

July 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM

To those complaining that Steve doesn’t have Reality Roundup up yet, remember, this is not a paid job for him. He doesn’t owe us anything. We come here because we want to read what he has to say (and others in their comments).

40. jkbraunie

July 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I’m sorry to all you “Wes lovers” but he dug his own grave! ABC didn’t have to do much to portray him as an a**hole! I mean… hello???? Do you not remember him saying to the camera things like, “I’m gonna have a lot of sex if I go home.” or “First guy in Bachelorette history to make it to the final four with a girlfriend.” He was and is a loser, creep, and disgusting human being. Disgusting. He sat right there on the sofa and told those guys to their faces that he’d already gotten all the publicity he needed from being there for 6 weeks. What is wrong with you people?! Yeah sure other guys on there could have benefitted from the publicity for whatever their occupation was… but they weren’t out promoting themselves like he was 24/7. He was either talking about his stupid music career or singing his stupid song. What’s he gonna say now? “Yeah guys I really am as big of an a**hole as the show portrayed!” Of course not. He obviously has to come up with something or people aren’t going to buy his records. Please… Reality Steve… I like your blogs and I follow you, but the fact that you are taking up for this pathetic loser is really pretty gross.

41. lora

July 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM

jkbraunie wow you don’t really understand what editing really is or what a voice-over is. Go back and watch the sex comment again and tell us if you really see those words come out of his mouth at the same time that you hear them. Do more research before you ask everyone here “what is wrong with us” lol. You fell hook line and sinker for this show just the way ABC hoped you would.

42. sjcaligurl

July 24, 2009 at 6:54 PM

@lora … Please, everyone understands the edit. Did Wes go on the show to get a wife or not? It doesn’t matter if he had a girlfriend or if he is a dirt bag or not. Regardless of what was edited, I do not believe that they spent hours and hours cutting and pasting every single word he said. Cute, likable Michael defended him in the post elimination interviews but at the end of the MTA, he raised his hand when Chris asked who thought he had a girlfriend – even though that doesn’t matter in the end and Jillian doesn’t care if he did because she would have been satisfied if he dumped her after the show. He wasn’t “there for HER” and that is the bottom line – regardless of all of the alleged motives of the other guys. He had best background/career to exploit in an edit – even if he hadn’t run his mouth so much – and they did it. He signed the dotted line. He thought he’d get more exposure. He didn’t get the edit he wanted and now he’s crying. I guess that’s what country singers do, huh? Cry in their beer then write a sad, sorry song? I might actually download a song about how ABC done him wrong. LOL! I hope he pens one. Everyone who thinks he got what you can get when you go on a reality show is not stupid or dense. So what if he got the edit from hell! ABC was not obligated to turn him into a star. He wouldn’t be half as damaged if he’d just agreed to go on the MTA in the first place. Instead, he chose to go to a blogger then thought ABC would let him change his mind. I, personally, don’t think he’s good enough to stand out in a crowd of country singers. Simon Cowell would tell him to go on a cruise ship.

43. caro1975

July 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I guess Steve couldn’t get to write the Reality Roundup because he was busy taping a segment for Extra about the finale on monday (check Twitter).
    I just wish he would tell us his thoughts about the finale as well!!!

44. MA

July 24, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Do you E V E R post anything when you have said you will???? I am getting tired of checking to see if you have posted your promised columns like you have said you!!! You are so undependable!!!!!

45. MA

July 24, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Don’t you realize Wes is using you for nefarious purposes just like he used ABC and Jillian? Wake up! Get over it!

46. Wes Supporter2

July 24, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Wes,

Thank you so much for speaking out. I thought your YouTube video with Tanner really took guts. Amazing stuff, taking on a network like that…

I wish you much succcess! You have impressed me as a man of character and with obvious talent, heart, and soul. I am going to look forward to seeing your star rise!

47. pooky60

July 24, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Hi Steve, I enjoy reading your thoughts and comments, and agree with you most of the time. I have not listened to the interview, and when I do, I may or may not gain any respect for Wes.

It seems that many people are blaming everything on “editing.” And although that is a huge part of the show, there is no explanation for some of the comments he made. How do you edit “I have Jillian wrapped around my little finger?” And the famous line, “I am going to go home and have lots of sex.” The producers didn’t play a role in that comment. He meant it. He wanted to look like a stud.
    His behavior was that of an aloof, arrogant, narcissistic man with bad taste in clothes and a small IQ. A decent man would not say he is going home to have lots of sex.” The way Kiptyn and Reid looked at him was an indication of how disgusted they were by that comment.

Please forgive me Steve, and perhaps I will eat crow when and if I hear the interview. But how can someone say so many stupid things one minute, and then “be sincere” the next? How do you know he is telling you the truth? What about the 15 to 20 guys who heard him talk everyday about his career etc….. Are you saying that these guys were not at all credible, but that Wes was?

I don’t buy it at all. But I do feel sorry for his X girlfriend (?), and his family. They are not to blame for any of this and people need to leave them be. Wes made his bed. and all editing aside, he still made himself look like an ass. I totally agree with MA above. And he is not a victim. If he was, the guys would not have bashed him on the MTA.

On a positive not, I thank you for entertaining us, and giving us such an interesting spin on things…..

48. sohoman

July 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM

WES IS THE MAN, THE FIRST GUY WITH REAL BALLS ON THE SHOW. GREAT JOB STEVE!

I guess some of you don’t get it. Wes is blowing this show to bits. This is GREAT! ABC has been doing this to people for years, and finally someone has the nuts to call them on it. I love it! Wes, keep talking honey! I want to hear more.

49. pooky60

July 24, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Steve, I misspelled the word note at the bottom of my comment. Sorry!

I do have one more thing to say and then I will shut up. As much as ABC supposedly “edited his comments, they sure gave him a lot of air time and allowed him to play his guitar and sing quite a bit. He got the exposure he wanted. He came on a show with no interest at all in finding love. No editing on earth could cover that up.

50. sohoman

July 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Could DeAnna in the reality TShirt be any hotter!